Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All 5 resolutions passed 21:11 - Mar 7 with 11422 viewsscooby

Step 1 is done
All 5 resolutions passed on 21:21 - Mar 7 with 5104 viewsEllDale

Any indications of the timescales now provided at the meeting?
All 5 resolutions passed on 21:21 - Mar 7 with 5097 viewsD_Alien

At least the ticket i bought this afternoon for the Oxford game is safe, then..

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:24 - Mar 7 with 5040 viewsD_Alien

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:21 - Mar 7 by EllDale

Any indications of the timescales now provided at the meeting?

If resolutions 1-4 hadn't been passed, SG threatened to pull the plug on the Oxford game

Losing respect is very easily done
[Post edited 7 Mar 21:25]

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:29 - Mar 7 with 4955 viewsDown_the_Ale

How do we now remove the current board to make sure the correct buyer is found? The conflict of interest is too big to be left to the current board with promises of directors loans being repaid and SG and TP continuing to steer the ship (or aircraft!) that they have almost fully destroyed already.
All 5 resolutions passed on 21:30 - Mar 7 with 4912 viewsrochedale

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:24 - Mar 7 by D_Alien

If resolutions 1-4 hadn't been passed, SG threatened to pull the plug on the Oxford game

Losing respect is very easily done
[Post edited 7 Mar 21:25]

Can you believe he did that! What a tool! And also telling the ‘no’ voters to have the courage of their convictions and face the media and explain why! What an absolute crumpet!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:34 - Mar 7 with 4831 viewsClivert

Gauge can finally fook off now.

Thank heavens!
All 5 resolutions passed on 21:35 - Mar 7 with 4801 viewsTrev

True colours and all that.
All 5 resolutions passed on 21:38 - Mar 7 with 4728 viewsClivert

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:34 - Mar 7 by Clivert

Gauge can finally fook off now.

Thank heavens!

.........and I hope that he's that much out of pocket that he has to take up fookin' flying again.
Login to get fewer ads

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:39 - Mar 7 with 4708 viewsrochedale

Well done on Graham Morris on asking whether SG intended to buy back his shares at 0.22p!! Sussed out there Penfold wasn’t you!!

Edit: not buy back, exchange! Or whatever it was!
[Post edited 7 Mar 21:41]

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:41 - Mar 7 with 4669 viewssooty_dale

Both of those comments (Saturdays game and facing the media) were in poor taste. We all understand the situation. I don't think that was necessary.

I really hope this is the start of a positive phase for the club. Time will tell.
[Post edited 7 Mar 21:43]
All 5 resolutions passed on 21:47 - Mar 7 with 4556 viewsrochedale

What was the shenanigans about at the front with the guy in the green jacket with bald head having a go? Looked uncomfortable to say the least, from the back of the room!

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:59 - Mar 7 with 4350 viewsTomRAFC

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:47 - Mar 7 by rochedale

What was the shenanigans about at the front with the guy in the green jacket with bald head having a go? Looked uncomfortable to say the least, from the back of the room!

And in the room amongst the shareholders it should stay.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

All 5 resolutions passed on 22:16 - Mar 7 with 4053 viewsSuddenLad

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:47 - Mar 7 by rochedale

It was a perfectly legitimate objection to the comment about naysayers 'fronting up' and facing the media with their objections.

It was a crass and unacceptable comment from the Chairman. Each shareholder should be allowed to vote with his/her own conscience according to his/her own wishes, without unnecessary snide remarks to those shareholders who don't agree with the Chairmans' opinion.

The shareholder in question made his thought known and told the Chairman that he objected to the comment he made and the suggestion accompanying his remarks.. He had every right to do so, and I agree with him, Poor form from the top table. Very poor.

The longer this saga drags on, the more relieved I am to think that his tenure is coming to an end.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

All 5 resolutions passed on 22:18 - Mar 7 with 4007 viewspioneer

IN affectionate remembrance of fan owned rochdale football club which died at Spotland on March 7th 2024

Deeply lamented by a small circle of sorrowing friends and acquaintances. RiP

NB the body will be cremated and the Ashes taken to the USA
All 5 resolutions passed on 22:20 - Mar 7 with 3962 views49thseason

I thinkmthere was some confusion because there we some shares still to be counted. I think it arised because they said they had counted enough votes to carry the motions with some still left to count.
I think the guy thought that it was 75% of the total shareholding but in reality it was 75% of proxy and attendees shares. Any shareholder not attending and not sending in a proxy would be deemed as an abstention as there was no vote to count.

I wondered if the comment about facing the press if a no vote won was probably aimed at one of the larger shareholders who was miffed about the situation, once the trust vote was announced it seemed like a foregone conclusion.

So now, if there is more than one potential investor, we have to hope the Board choose wisely and not neccessarily just in favour of the largest financial bid...Its important that there is some " fit" and a long term plan too....
All 5 resolutions passed on 22:21 - Mar 7 with 3953 viewsTomRAFC

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:29 - Mar 7 by Down_the_Ale

How do we now remove the current board to make sure the correct buyer is found? The conflict of interest is too big to be left to the current board with promises of directors loans being repaid and SG and TP continuing to steer the ship (or aircraft!) that they have almost fully destroyed already.

I voted for the motions. I'm all for this leading to a more professional running of the club.

Tell a lie, I voted against the audit motion. Mainly because we've had some strange fish in the clubs accountancy department in recent years. I'm also against people who stand in the way at the bar, especially when they loudly repeat themselves. Such unwelcome presences.

[Post edited 7 Mar 22:26]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

All 5 resolutions passed on 22:22 - Mar 7 with 3919 viewsRehsad

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:29 - Mar 7 by Down_the_Ale

I'm struggling to find my copy of the Articles of Association - but out will be laid down in there just how to remove Members of the Board. I agree, someone with a vested interest should not be negotiating the sale. He's got what he wanted, now he should step aside.
All 5 resolutions passed on 22:30 - Mar 7 with 3768 viewsD_Alien

All 5 resolutions passed on 22:18 - Mar 7 by pioneer

IN affectionate remembrance of fan owned rochdale football club which died at Spotland on March 7th 2024

Deeply lamented by a small circle of sorrowing friends and acquaintances. RiP

NB the body will be cremated and the Ashes taken to the USA

And recognition should be made of those who're no longer with us

David Clough, Steve (Moggy) Murray and the generations of fans who've turned up, travelled, felt the joy and (more often) the heartache of being Dale

Support in my own family started in the 1920s

No recognition of that in the room tonight, so let it be said here

All 5 resolutions passed on 22:32 - Mar 7 with 3714 viewsrochedale

All 5 resolutions passed on 22:16 - Mar 7 by SuddenLad

It was a perfectly legitimate objection to the comment about naysayers 'fronting up' and facing the media with their objections.

It was a crass and unacceptable comment from the Chairman. Each shareholder should be allowed to vote with his/her own conscience according to his/her own wishes, without unnecessary snide remarks to those shareholders who don't agree with the Chairmans' opinion.

The shareholder in question made his thought known and told the Chairman that he objected to the comment he made and the suggestion accompanying his remarks.. He had every right to do so, and I agree with him, Poor form from the top table. Very poor.

The longer this saga drags on, the more relieved I am to think that his tenure is coming to an end.

Well done on him then.
👏🏼

All 5 resolutions passed on 22:36 - Mar 7 with 3638 viewspioneer

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:38 - Mar 7 by Clivert

.........and I hope that he's that much out of pocket that he has to take up fookin' flying again.

I wouldn't fly on any plane he was piloting...he has a history of only taking things down.

Let's face our good times have always been under the leadership of rochdale folk. It's outsiders who have caused us problems.

And for the first time in our history they can publish what they want as accounts...no longer any stamp of approval as to their accuracy.

Rich boys play thing from this day forward.
All 5 resolutions passed on 22:37 - Mar 7 with 3617 viewsrochedale

All 5 resolutions passed on 22:20 - Mar 7 by 49thseason

I thinkmthere was some confusion because there we some shares still to be counted. I think it arised because they said they had counted enough votes to carry the motions with some still left to count.
I think the guy thought that it was 75% of the total shareholding but in reality it was 75% of proxy and attendees shares. Any shareholder not attending and not sending in a proxy would be deemed as an abstention as there was no vote to count.

I wondered if the comment about facing the press if a no vote won was probably aimed at one of the larger shareholders who was miffed about the situation, once the trust vote was announced it seemed like a foregone conclusion.

So now, if there is more than one potential investor, we have to hope the Board choose wisely and not neccessarily just in favour of the largest financial bid...Its important that there is some " fit" and a long term plan too....

Would it be down to the board to choose or shareholders? If it’s down to the board, this whole night should’ve been postponed given the fact that another LOI was presented to the board today.

All 5 resolutions passed on 22:43 - Mar 7 with 3512 viewsRehsad

All 5 resolutions passed on 21:39 - Mar 7 by rochedale

Well done on Graham Morris on asking whether SG intended to buy back his shares at 0.22p!! Sussed out there Penfold wasn’t you!!

Edit: not buy back, exchange! Or whatever it was!
[Post edited 7 Mar 21:41]

My guess is that he will exchange at 0.22p - and sell when they reflect a true value - which won't take long. Realistically the shares could trade at double that when cash flow eases. Mr. Morris was 100% correct to place that question on the record and I too say 'well done' to him.
All 5 resolutions passed on 22:43 - Mar 7 with 3490 viewspioneer

All 5 resolutions passed on 22:16 - Mar 7 by SuddenLad

I hope the fans let him know what they think of him at the game.

It's just been one insult after another from him over the last few weeks.

No rochdalian would insult the fans like he has. You think of the struggles folks like Fred Ratcliffe faced keeping the club going. Never insulted the supporters like simple Simon.
All 5 resolutions passed on 22:46 - Mar 7 with 3427 viewssooty_dale

All 5 resolutions passed on 22:36 - Mar 7 by pioneer

I wouldn't fly on any plane he was piloting...he has a history of only taking things down.

Let's face our good times have always been under the leadership of rochdale folk. It's outsiders who have caused us problems.

And for the first time in our history they can publish what they want as accounts...no longer any stamp of approval as to their accuracy.

Rich boys play thing from this day forward.

Wouldn't it be the case that once someone has 90% control they would be able to pass this motion without any problem anyway if so inclined?

Personally I see the value in the audits. However I think that was a pointless motion. We either move on with new owners in which case the cost of an audit is hopefully not an issue or alternatively we can't play on Saturday and go bust, in which case what is there to audit going forward?
All 5 resolutions passed on 22:52 - Mar 7 with 3331 viewsJames1980

All 5 resolutions passed on 22:43 - Mar 7 by pioneer

I hope the fans let him know what they think of him at the game.

It's just been one insult after another from him over the last few weeks.

No rochdalian would insult the fans like he has. You think of the struggles folks like Fred Ratcliffe faced keeping the club going. Never insulted the supporters like simple Simon.

Considering the potential investors visiting on Saturday might it be sensible to have a positive, upbeat, welcoming atmosphere without any toxicity. The folk from the US might not know the full story and chants berating a board member who put over half a million pounds of his own money into the club to keep it going might make them reconsider investing.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024