Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Thompson 07:03 - Apr 12 with 5951 viewskel

Joe Thompson on 09:07 - Apr 12 with 4524 viewsDareToCalvin

Absolutely devastated by this. Wishing him and his family all the absolute best in the world.
You've got this Joe!
Joe Thompson on 09:13 - Apr 12 with 4491 viewsDaleiLama

Of all the people in all of the world who don't deserve bad luck like this, Joe's got to be close to the top of that list. The only thing you can hope at this stage, is the strength and willpower his body showed the 1st and 2nd time around can come to the rescue a 3rd time. We're all pulling for you Joe. Good luck.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Joe Thompson on 09:16 - Apr 12 with 4487 viewsblackdogblue

I follow Joe on X as find him inspirational and though recently he had not been very active on social media for a while..

Dreadful news, he's a fighter and will keep the faith and beat it again...

Stay positive Joe, we are all behind you

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Joe Thompson on 09:17 - Apr 12 with 4485 viewsdale1968

What a devestating piece of news for Joe & his family.
I am sure every Dale Fan feels the same at this time.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Joe Thompson on 10:15 - Apr 12 with 4322 viewsClitheroeDale

Truly awful news. Keep going Joe.
Joe Thompson on 10:17 - Apr 12 with 4309 viewsdiver

Joe Thompson on 09:17 - Apr 12 by dale1968

What a devestating piece of news for Joe & his family.
I am sure every Dale Fan feels the same at this time.

I was devastated when my wife’s cancer returned this February. The treatment she has received from the consultants doctors and nurses at both the Manchester and Oldham Christy have been fantastic and we do not regard the the reoccurrence as a death sentence.The advances made in cancer are incredible and I am sure Joe will come out of this.
Joe Thompson on 10:51 - Apr 12 with 4227 views100notout

Joe Thompson on 09:13 - Apr 12 by DaleiLama

Of all the people in all of the world who don't deserve bad luck like this, Joe's got to be close to the top of that list. The only thing you can hope at this stage, is the strength and willpower his body showed the 1st and 2nd time around can come to the rescue a 3rd time. We're all pulling for you Joe. Good luck.

Your first sentence pretty much mirrors my thoughts. Listening to the link in the op (7.09 onwards) if seems a lot more aggressive this time - spread to his lungs and classed as stage 4. We know he’s such a positive person but this is going to be difficult. The Dale family are all behind you Joe - I hope the club /trust can do something to publicly demonstrate support and provide some tangible help. I know all Dale fans would get behind it

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Joe Thompson on 11:48 - Apr 12 with 4075 viewsHorton_Mouse

Life is a bitch sometimes. Keep fighting Joe, we are all rooting for you!
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Thompson on 11:51 - Apr 12 with 4068 viewsJames1980

Wishing Joey T the best of luck and strength in his fight against this insidious condition. How about a minutes applause on the 15th Minute on Saturday

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Joe Thompson on 12:07 - Apr 12 with 3998 viewsDaleiLama

Contains link to Joe's Gofundme page.

Edit: funds needed to cover the costs of his ongoing treatment and to pioneer a groundbreaking test that could prevent the recurrence of not only his cancer but potentially save countless lives in the future.

[Post edited 12 Apr 12:10]

Joe Thompson on 12:13 - Apr 12 with 3968 viewsD_Alien

Joe Thompson on 10:51 - Apr 12 by 100notout

Your first sentence pretty much mirrors my thoughts. Listening to the link in the op (7.09 onwards) if seems a lot more aggressive this time - spread to his lungs and classed as stage 4. We know he’s such a positive person but this is going to be difficult. The Dale family are all behind you Joe - I hope the club /trust can do something to publicly demonstrate support and provide some tangible help. I know all Dale fans would get behind it

My thoughts exactly

We can only wish him and his family the fortitude to see this through, not predict the outcome

All the best, Joe

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Joe Thompson on 13:24 - Apr 12 with 3812 viewsChaffRAFC

Joe Thompson on 10:51 - Apr 12 by 100notout

We're currently raising money through a squad builder fund despite the deadline having passed and us being a week away from the end of the season. We will hopefully have new owners next season and the need for a squad builder shouldn't be there.

Is there any way we could continue raising funds like we have for the squad builder but going towards, or partly going towards Joe Thompson?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Joe Thompson on 14:18 - Apr 12 with 3705 viewsjudd

Joe Thompson on 13:24 - Apr 12 by ChaffRAFC

We're currently raising money through a squad builder fund despite the deadline having passed and us being a week away from the end of the season. We will hopefully have new owners next season and the need for a squad builder shouldn't be there.

Is there any way we could continue raising funds like we have for the squad builder but going towards, or partly going towards Joe Thompson?

We've already approached the BOGS guys to ask for permission to divert collections tomorrow to the gofundmeappeal. Just awaiting confirmation.

The Trust has announced plans to collect tomorrow and Tuesday so we think it sensible to combine all efforts into one, with the one aim for now of supporting Joe.

We will review with all contributors to SB going forwards once ownership and structure is confirmed.

Best wishes to Joe and his family.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Joe Thompson on 14:32 - Apr 12 with 3672 viewssxdale

Would it be possible to have bucket collections at the turnstiles / inside the stands like we dud when we were fighting off the Morton House takeover?

Good luck Joe in your battle.
Joe Thompson on 14:40 - Apr 12 with 3647 viewsjudd

Joe Thompson on 14:32 - Apr 12 by sxdale

Would it be possible to have bucket collections at the turnstiles / inside the stands like we dud when we were fighting off the Morton House takeover?

Good luck Joe in your battle.

Will check with the club.

We usually have the wonderful Wendy collecting in the Sandy during game time.

Joe Thompson on 15:50 - Apr 12 with 3488 viewsblackdogblue

Can the club not organise a Charity Match for him.. it would take some organising but I’m sure players past & present (and Managers) would play for free and ticket sales could go to the funds..

Let’s be honest, the ground is doing nothing after next Tuesday is it!

Joe Thompson on 16:07 - Apr 12 with 3431 viewsblackdogblue

Also… speak to the guy who does the scoreboard about a standing minutes applause at 15 mins in both our last 2 home games…

Get a picture of him and we can show energy of our love for him…

I will be going Tomorrow ….

Joe Thompson on 16:11 - Apr 12 with 3410 viewsDaleiLama

Joe Thompson on 16:07 - Apr 12 by blackdogblue

Also… speak to the guy who does the scoreboard about a standing minutes applause at 15 mins in both our last 2 home games…

Get a picture of him and we can show energy of our love for him…

I will be going Tomorrow ….

BDB and James - the 15' applause is already sorted. Not sure if scoreboard will be involved? Could be a distraction, especially if the Charlton goal was featured!

Joe Thompson on 17:30 - Apr 12 with 3235 viewsblackdogblue

Great news.. sorry not upto date on X…

How do I get a ticket 🤔😎

Joe Thompson on 14:20 - Apr 13 with 2639 viewsDale4life

Joe Thompson on 17:30 - Apr 12 by blackdogblue

Great news.. sorry not upto date on X…

How do I get a ticket 🤔😎

I know there's a go fund me page set up for Joe and also someone mentioned a charity match . I was thinking about what about having a few charity events and the money going to Joe's Go fund me page also have some t shirts printed with Joe's face on the front and the Dale badge with Good Luck Joe and on the back his no Joe Thomson 15 and he's one of our own underneath his number. We could sell them to the fans again all money going to Joe's Go Fund me Also invite other clubs he's worked with to get involved including the fans to attend charity events . Just a thought
[Post edited 13 Apr 14:25]

Up the Dale

Joe Thompson on 16:53 - Apr 15 with 2046 viewsblackdogblue

After a vibrant start, currently just over £72k…

How much was raised Saturday?

Can the club not put the “special” shirts for sale on eBay worn on Saturday?

Joe Thompson on 16:56 - Apr 15 with 2031 viewsjudd

Joe Thompson on 16:53 - Apr 15 by blackdogblue

After a vibrant start, currently just over £72k…

How much was raised Saturday?

Can the club not put the “special” shirts for sale on eBay worn on Saturday?

£637.

Watch the Trust website re: shirts.

Joe Thompson on 17:15 - Apr 15 with 1998 viewsblackdogblue

Cheers Judd.. was anyone a 4XL 😎

Joe Thompson on 19:44 - Apr 15 with 1803 viewsblackdogblue

Put into perspective 👏

Where we are at this stage of the season… there are more important things in life…

Joe Thompson on 17:44 - Apr 19 with 1229 views100notout

A few more quid into the pot - well done to all involved - very generous

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2024/04/and-the-shirt-auction-raised/

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024