Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's Observer 15:28 - Jun 5 with 7707 viewsPRINCE2356

Some marquee signings we are interested in: Gary Roberts and Francis Jeffers

Roberts is not league 2 standard he's way higher but if we happen to sign him, could be a coup.

Jeffers is a gamble, he has to be 1 of the biggest disappointments in football history after his glowing start at Everton, to having his career ruined by injury and Arsene Wenger splashing £8 million on him.

See Iain Turner is off to Notts County, so back to the drawing board keeper wise, Can we possibly ask for Marcus Hahnemann to come back?
Today's Observer on 15:43 - Jun 5 with 5733 viewsolympicdale

would love Gary Roberts, cant see it though personally, did Coleman actually say Turner was his number one keeper target?

Life is a game of fate.

Today's Observer on 16:00 - Jun 5 with 5682 viewsjustanillusion

Francis Jeffers has been a major disapointment at a number of clubs in recent years and was last heard of trying to prolong his career in the mediocre Australian A-league playing for Newcastle Jets
Today's Observer on 16:03 - Jun 5 with 5657 viewsolympicdale

Today's Observer on 16:00 - Jun 5 by justanillusion

Francis Jeffers has been a major disapointment at a number of clubs in recent years and was last heard of trying to prolong his career in the mediocre Australian A-league playing for Newcastle Jets

scanning Wiki, unbelievable fact that since his move from Everton he has scored just 20 goals in 11 years , stay well clear imo.

Life is a game of fate.

Today's Observer on 16:15 - Jun 5 with 5625 viewsfitzochris

If we are looking at Francis Jeffers I'll lose some faith in JC. I just think back to his time at Rangers (and the money he was paid) and shudder. Just one of a long list of failings.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Today's Observer on 16:26 - Jun 5 with 5594 viewsPRINCE2356

Today's Observer on 16:15 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

If we are looking at Francis Jeffers I'll lose some faith in JC. I just think back to his time at Rangers (and the money he was paid) and shudder. Just one of a long list of failings.

If i am right in thinking Mr Jeffers has had previous with Coleman, he was on trial with Accrington not so long ago before he went back to Oz, plus as mentioned in the article "if he fancies coming back to England playing he will talk to us first"

I've heard of worst options too be honest
Today's Observer on 16:27 - Jun 5 with 5579 viewsolympicdale

Today's Observer on 16:15 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

kinda says a lot of why Rangers are in the position they're in, spending anything on this guy.

Life is a game of fate.

Today's Observer on 16:28 - Jun 5 with 5574 viewsDalern

Today's Observer on 16:26 - Jun 5 by PRINCE2356

If i am right in thinking Mr Jeffers has had previous with Coleman, he was on trial with Accrington not so long ago before he went back to Oz, plus as mentioned in the article "if he fancies coming back to England playing he will talk to us first"

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/jeffers-links-up-with-accrington

Mate of Bells according to this article.

Up The Dale
Today's Observer on 16:32 - Jun 5 with 5564 viewsfitzochris

Today's Observer on 16:26 - Jun 5 by PRINCE2356

Have you?

For the money he'll want I doubt there is much worse. Sorry, but Jeffers just hasn't done enough in his career at any level to suggest he is worth a shot with us.

And I can't believe my 1,000th post is about Francis bloody Jeffers!

Login to get fewer ads

Today's Observer on 16:35 - Jun 5 with 5547 viewsfitzochris

Today's Observer on 16:27 - Jun 5 by olympicdale

kinda says a lot of why Rangers are in the position they're in, spending anything on this guy.

They didn't pay a transfer fee for him, he was on loan from Charlton I think. Memory tells me he was paid a decent bonus to go on loan to Rangers, though.

Paying over £10 million for Tore Andre Flo is partly why Rangers are in the mess they are now.

Today's Observer on 16:38 - Jun 5 with 5534 viewsSuddenLad

Today's Observer on 16:32 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

Have you?

For the money he'll want I doubt there is much worse. Sorry, but Jeffers just hasn't done enough in his career at any level to suggest he is worth a shot with us.

I very much doubt Jeffers will be looking for 'big money'. If he wants a job in English League Football, he'll struggle to find an employer unless he lowers his sights and expectations considerably.

Not that I'd sign him, mind...............

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Today's Observer on 16:38 - Jun 5 with 5532 views442Dale

Today's Observer on 16:32 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

Have you?

Giving Grimes another chance is a better option than Jeffers.

He'd still be contributing in the Football League if he was using his available talent.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Today's Observer on 16:40 - Jun 5 with 5523 viewsfitzochris

Today's Observer on 16:38 - Jun 5 by SuddenLad

I very much doubt Jeffers will be looking for 'big money'. If he wants a job in English League Football, he'll struggle to find an employer unless he lowers his sights and expectations considerably.

Not that I'd sign him, mind...............

Not talking about 'big money', but he'll still want more than we can offer I'd bet.

Today's Observer on 16:45 - Jun 5 with 5510 viewsPRINCE2356

Today's Observer on 16:38 - Jun 5 by 442Dale

Giving Grimes another chance is a better option than Jeffers.

He'd still be contributing in the Football League if he was using his available talent.

It makes me think how low David Healy is prepared to go to play in League 2 for Fleetwood, i know they have the Vardy money but bit of a comedown for him as well.

Jeffers is definitely worth a trial at least! I know it's early but i am liking the sound of the players we could be in for.
Today's Observer on 16:46 - Jun 5 with 5497 viewsolympicdale

Today's Observer on 16:35 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

They didn't pay a transfer fee for him, he was on loan from Charlton I think. Memory tells me he was paid a decent bonus to go on loan to Rangers, though.

Paying over £10 million for Tore Andre Flo is partly why Rangers are in the mess they are now.

now he was a good player Flo, £12m is probably over half what he was worth though.

Life is a game of fate.

Today's Observer on 17:20 - Jun 5 with 5421 viewselectricblue

Gary roberts any day of the week..
No point in signing a decent wide man if theres no one up front to aim at...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Today's Observer on 17:29 - Jun 5 with 5399 viewsPRINCE2356

Today's Observer on 17:20 - Jun 5 by electricblue

Gary roberts any day of the week..
No point in signing a decent wide man if theres no one up front to aim at...

All depends on Grimes and Akpa Akpro where there futures lie? I'd be even more confident if they stayed if we had someone of Roberts ilk signing
Today's Observer on 17:58 - Jun 5 with 5321 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Today's Observer on 16:40 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

Not talking about 'big money', but he'll still want more than we can offer I'd bet.

Fitz means he's a waste of a wage.......totally agree.

As Coleman said earlier,there are going to be loads of quality players available this year.

The clue is the word "quality".
Today's Observer on 18:36 - Jun 5 with 5233 viewssweetcorn

What a far-fetched unrealistic target suggestion someone made the other day.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Today's Observer on 18:40 - Jun 5 with 5214 viewsSalwaDale

An old has been is often worth a punt, so long as we don't gamble and give them a decent contract, as we foolishly did with Stephen Jordan. If Francis Jeffers fancies proving himself again in the football league I'd be delighted and love to see him given a crack. That certainly doesn't mean a long contract but a trial and an opportunity would be a good mover. As for Grimes, we know that doesn't really work, we don't know about Jeffers yet. Doubt we'll end up with him anyway.

TBBT

Today's Observer on 19:19 - Jun 5 with 5131 views442Dale

Today's Observer on 18:40 - Jun 5 by SalwaDale

An old has been is often worth a punt, so long as we don't gamble and give them a decent contract, as we foolishly did with Stephen Jordan. If Francis Jeffers fancies proving himself again in the football league I'd be delighted and love to see him given a crack. That certainly doesn't mean a long contract but a trial and an opportunity would be a good mover. As for Grimes, we know that doesn't really work, we don't know about Jeffers yet. Doubt we'll end up with him anyway.

Jordan is a 'never was'. His career at Dale was all too similar to how he started at City.

Jeffers would be a worry because of the way his career has developed. Why isn't he still producing week in, week out? Like most things, time will tell but he'd be way down my list of targets.

Today's Observer on 19:19 - Jun 5 with 5126 viewsrkershaw

Roberts played for Coleman at Accrington 2005/2006. Would love to see him at Spotland!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Today's Observer on 19:33 - Jun 5 with 5088 viewsmightydale

Today's Observer on 19:19 - Jun 5 by rkershaw

Roberts played for Coleman at Accrington 2005/2006. Would love to see him at Spotland!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Got more chance of pops2 watching jeremy Kyle, than us signing Roberts

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Today's Observer on 20:44 - Jun 5 with 4935 views442Dale

Having now seen the Ob it's worth pointing out that their picture of Jeffers is apparently John Coleman.

Editing the sports pages must be bloody hard.

Today's Observer on 20:59 - Jun 5 with 4897 viewsfitzochris

Today's Observer on 20:44 - Jun 5 by 442Dale

Having now seen the Ob it's worth pointing out that their picture of Jeffers is apparently John Coleman.

Editing the sports pages must be bloody hard.

Today's Observer on 21:17 - Jun 5 with 4864 viewsSalwaDale

Today's Observer on 19:19 - Jun 5 by 442Dale

Jordan is a 'never was'. His career at Dale was all too similar to how he started at City.

Jeffers would be a worry because of the way his career has developed. Why isn't he still producing week in, week out? Like most things, time will tell but he'd be way down my list of targets.

Only a worry if we give him a proper contract and surely Coleman is far too canny for that.

TBBT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024