Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game ON!! 13:27 - Jan 25 with 6628 viewsValleySaddler

From Cheltenham site,cant do links.....
Game ON!! on 13:41 - Jan 25 with 5115 viewsD_Alien

Is it really good news though?

Hilly wanted it called off, and I agree. More time with the squad would have been better.

Having said that, COME ON DALE!!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Game ON!! on 13:43 - Jan 25 with 5081 viewsolympicdale

Game ON!! on 13:41 - Jan 25 by D_Alien

Hilly wanted it called off, and I agree. More time with the squad would have been better.

Thats my thinking, I hope people arent putting too much expectation on this game, I dont think 2 days is enough time, but lets see.

Life is a game of fate.

Game ON!! on 13:45 - Jan 25 with 5059 viewsDaleView

By the look of the pitch on Cheltenham FC web site, I don't think we shall be playing with a white ball. However they indicate there are about 1800 seats for away supporters so by my reckoning that's about 50-75 seats per person. Take your flags!
Game ON!! on 13:46 - Jan 25 with 5052 viewssomdale

Game ON!! on 13:45 - Jan 25 by DaleView

By the look of the pitch on Cheltenham FC web site, I don't think we shall be playing with a white ball. However they indicate there are about 1800 seats for away supporters so by my reckoning that's about 50-75 seats per person. Take your flags!

Probably more expectation now than before though
Game ON!! on 13:51 - Jan 25 with 5012 viewsdingdangblue

Game ON!! on 13:41 - Jan 25 by D_Alien

If we win its really good news.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Game ON!! on 13:58 - Jan 25 with 4976 viewslurker

Anyone driving down, please be careful.
M6/M5 is a nightmare at the best of times, but the weather forecast is bad for this evening.

Take care and a shovel, thermos of tea/coffee/soup with you just in case.

Wish I could be joining you but must work. Up The Dale!!
Game ON!! on 14:04 - Jan 25 with 4929 viewsSandy_lane_lad

Game ON!! on 13:58 - Jan 25 by lurker

Anyone driving down, please be careful.
M6/M5 is a nightmare at the best of times, but the weather forecast is bad for this evening.

Take care and a shovel, thermos of tea/coffee/soup with you just in case.

Wish I could be joining you but must work. Up The Dale!!

It may not be the best thing with it being on, but at least it gives Hilly 90mins to evaluate what his players are like under his system/game pressure.
Game ON!! on 14:06 - Jan 25 with 4913 viewsD_Dale

As posted on the Cheltenham OS: (Did KH prefer a postponement? - didn't see that report)

13:10 25th January 2013

by James Brown

The pitch has passed an inspection and tonight's game v. Rochdale is on.
A 1pm pitch inspection has given tonight's game the green light with the Robins hosting Keith Hill's Rochdale.

The referee arrived early this afternoon to inspect the pitch and he has made the decision that the pitch is playable and that the game is on. Turnstiles open from 6.30pm this evening and normal match prices apply.

We will continue to update supporters ahead of the game here on www.ctfc.com as well as on the club's official Facebook and Twitter accounts.

In other news, Hancox Catering have also informed us that there will be a limited menu on offer tonight with the uncertainty about the game in recent days.

Login to get fewer ads

Game ON!! on 14:40 - Jan 25 with 4790 viewsoff2div1

http://www.ctfc.com/
Game ON!! on 14:42 - Jan 25 with 4774 viewsolympicdale

Game ON!! on 14:06 - Jan 25 by D_Dale

As posted on the Cheltenham OS: (Did KH prefer a postponement? - didn't see that report)

13:10 25th January 2013

by James Brown

The pitch has passed an inspection and tonight's game v. Rochdale is on.
A 1pm pitch inspection has given tonight's game the green light with the Robins hosting Keith Hill's Rochdale.

The referee arrived early this afternoon to inspect the pitch and he has made the decision that the pitch is playable and that the game is on. Turnstiles open from 6.30pm this evening and normal match prices apply.

We will continue to update supporters ahead of the game here on www.ctfc.com as well as on the club's official Facebook and Twitter accounts.

In other news, Hancox Catering have also informed us that there will be a limited menu on offer tonight with the uncertainty about the game in recent days.

“It would suit me down to the ground if the Cheltenham game is postponed,” he admitted.

“It would give me more time to work with and assess the players we have here.

Life is a game of fate.

Game ON!! on 14:47 - Jan 25 with 4748 viewsSuddenLad

Game ON!! on 14:42 - Jan 25 by olympicdale

“It would suit me down to the ground if the Cheltenham game is postponed,” he admitted.

“It would give me more time to work with and assess the players we have here.

His next wish will be for a blizzard and a 'match abandoned' situation.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Game ON!! on 14:56 - Jan 25 with 4711 viewslurker

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Game ON!! on 14:57 - Jan 25 with 4705 viewsdalenumber2

I really hope no-one comes on here whinging if we lose tonight. Couldn't stand an OUT OUT OUT thread!
Game ON!! on 15:00 - Jan 25 with 4687 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Game ON!! on 14:47 - Jan 25 by SuddenLad

His next wish will be for a blizzard and a 'match abandoned' situation.

Eden Blizzard......ball boy beater?
Game ON!! on 15:02 - Jan 25 with 4679 viewsolympicdale

Game ON!! on 14:57 - Jan 25 by dalenumber2

I really hope no-one comes on here whinging if we lose tonight. Couldn't stand an OUT OUT OUT thread!

a messageboard outing, that wouldnt be a first.

Life is a game of fate.

Game ON!! on 15:20 - Jan 25 with 4628 viewsD_Dale

Game ON!! on 14:56 - Jan 25 by lurker

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Looks bleak - taken this afternoon? Are there all of 5 persons and 2 wheelbarrows at the far end, clearing snow? Incidentally, their manager on KH, who played a handful of time together 10 or so years ago:

"Keith Hill was great here, he was a great character to have around. He was a good player, we all knew that. He didn't have the best of times at our club but got the best out of Julian Alsop and that's what I think the people of Cheltenham will really remember him for. He got Julian Alsop firing and taught him how to behave himself and be the model professional The job Keith did at Rochdale was some achievement, he's done bigger and better things since and I was shocked like everybody else that he left Barnsley. He's another good manager in League 2. Neil speaks to him quite regularly he's a good football man, he's his own man and he'll have Rochdale trying to surge up that table.

"Their players will want to impress in his first game in charge, but we have to be aware of that. We have to show Rochdale that we're not the team that went up there and got our backsides tanned. We've got to make sure they see a different side to us and if we do that well give anybody a game.

"Their front four are decent, the middle two are decent the back four aren't bad and the keeper's pretty good. They've got good players. Whether Keith will change the way they play I don't know. They've got good players we have to be wary of but we're at home and we've got to address what went wrong a couple of weeks ago."
Game ON!! on 15:26 - Jan 25 with 4608 viewsBartRowou

I'm pretty sure the quote was something along the lines of he chose Cheltenham because he liked the hot food. That could be one of the first Hillisms.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Game ON!! on 15:34 - Jan 25 with 4587 viewsdingdangblue

Game ON!! on 15:20 - Jan 25 by D_Dale

Looks bleak - taken this afternoon? Are there all of 5 persons and 2 wheelbarrows at the far end, clearing snow? Incidentally, their manager on KH, who played a handful of time together 10 or so years ago:

"Keith Hill was great here, he was a great character to have around. He was a good player, we all knew that. He didn't have the best of times at our club but got the best out of Julian Alsop and that's what I think the people of Cheltenham will really remember him for. He got Julian Alsop firing and taught him how to behave himself and be the model professional The job Keith did at Rochdale was some achievement, he's done bigger and better things since and I was shocked like everybody else that he left Barnsley. He's another good manager in League 2. Neil speaks to him quite regularly he's a good football man, he's his own man and he'll have Rochdale trying to surge up that table.

"Their players will want to impress in his first game in charge, but we have to be aware of that. We have to show Rochdale that we're not the team that went up there and got our backsides tanned. We've got to make sure they see a different side to us and if we do that well give anybody a game.

"Their front four are decent, the middle two are decent the back four aren't bad and the keeper's pretty good. They've got good players. Whether Keith will change the way they play I don't know. They've got good players we have to be wary of but we're at home and we've got to address what went wrong a couple of weeks ago."

They mentioned because the pitch wasn't covered - they didn't want volunteers shovelling the pitch and damaging it. Its not going to melt now so guess there will be snow areas and grass areas on the same pitch? Could be tricky.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Game ON!! on 15:55 - Jan 25 with 4516 viewsDySporting

Snowing heavily here I work twenty miles from Cheltenham and there's a good covering coming down
Game ON!! on 15:56 - Jan 25 with 4514 viewsDySporting

Snowing heavily here I work twenty miles from Cheltenham and there's a good covering coming down
Game ON!! on 15:56 - Jan 25 with 4513 viewsDySporting

Game ON!! on 15:57 - Jan 25 with 4508 viewsolympicdale

Game ON!! on 15:56 - Jan 25 by DySporting

okay, we hear you loud and clear.

Life is a game of fate.

Game ON!! on 16:08 - Jan 25 with 4460 viewsDySporting

Game ON!! on 15:57 - Jan 25 by olympicdale

okay, we hear you loud and clear.

Treble posted that's a first!
Game ON!! on 16:30 - Jan 25 with 4368 viewsdalest3

Game ON!! on 15:56 - Jan 25 by DySporting

Well I have traveled down and have been in Cheltenham all afternoon and there has been no snow at all. Just a really cold wind
Game ON!! on 16:39 - Jan 25 with 4323 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Game ON!! on 16:30 - Jan 25 by dalest3

Well I have traveled down and have been in Cheltenham all afternoon and there has been no snow at all. Just a really cold wind

Well done Dalest.......keep us lot at home up to date with what's going on.

Stay warm.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024