Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? 22:03 - Mar 12 with 2418 viewsGhanaDale

Bloody hell that was a cold one! The standard of football wasn't much to warm us up either!
York are awful, not surprised they're in the position they're in, nothing going forwards and very physical at the back, they're probably lucky Wimbledon and Stanley are just as bad!

As for us we weren't great but looked pretty solid at the back again which is a good sign, the midfield were none existent, Kennedy came into the game at the end but Thompson, Tutte and Howarth when he came on just couldn't get into it.

Donnelly had no service but should have won it in the first half when he scuffed a one on one at the keeper.
Grant looked our main threat but still looks like he's lost his finishing instinct.

Ah well, a clean sheet and whilst writing this I think I've found my testicles. Happy days!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 22:14 - Mar 12 with 2346 viewsolympicdale

You certainly need balls to watch Dale nowadays.

Life is a game of fate.

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 22:19 - Mar 12 with 2308 viewsD_Dale

A medal for you, I expected a few frozen nuts tonight. Were there many others at that drafty open end? 100 would be excellent on a night like this.

Wimbledon won, though others below Dale either lost or drew. Bristol R. won at home - Saturday's match looks a hard one.

Have a safe journey home.
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 22:23 - Mar 12 with 2288 viewsmacro

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 22:19 - Mar 12 by D_Dale

A medal for you, I expected a few frozen nuts tonight. Were there many others at that drafty open end? 100 would be excellent on a night like this.

Wimbledon won, though others below Dale either lost or drew. Bristol R. won at home - Saturday's match looks a hard one.

217 dale fans
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 22:29 - Mar 12 with 2255 viewsGhanaDale

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 22:19 - Mar 12 by D_Dale

Seemed like a few hundred fans there tonight, probably cause it's such a small terrace, it's so difficult to get an atmosphere going without a roof and thankfully it didn't rain!

Setting off to Bristol for the week tomorrow, another shoddy away end so I'm led to believe!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 22:37 - Mar 12 with 2224 viewsD_Dale

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 22:23 - Mar 12 by macro

217 dale fans

Twice as good as I'd hoped. The BBC's report of what they saw:

York and Rochdale played out an uninspiring goalless draw at Bootham Crescent in a game of few chances.

In a tight first half, Dale striker George Donnelly has the best opening when he wasted a one-on-one with the goalkeeper when in behind the defence.

Joe Thompson headed just wide from a Bobby Grant corner and shortly after Chris Smith fired over for York.

Late on John McGrath nearly stole the match when his clean strike was just tipped over by Josh Lillis.
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 23:08 - Mar 12 with 2160 viewsleedsdale

home and just about defrosted!

Pretty scrappy game; the pitch wasn't conducive for a passing game so the ball spent quite a bit of time in the air. York were good at closing us down but offered little genuine threat, Lillis only had one real save to make.

Going forward we were fairly disjointed, noone seemed to be able to control the ball well enough to create any real chances either for themselves or a teammate. Grant was fairly anonymous until two late shots, and Donnelly's one on one is one that any decent striker should be putting away.

MoM for me was Bennett, seems to be improving in the right back spot and defended really well tonight.
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 23:11 - Mar 12 with 2150 viewsmatthewdale1983

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 22:37 - Mar 12 by D_Dale

Twice as good as I'd hoped. The BBC's report of what they saw:

York and Rochdale played out an uninspiring goalless draw at Bootham Crescent in a game of few chances.

In a tight first half, Dale striker George Donnelly has the best opening when he wasted a one-on-one with the goalkeeper when in behind the defence.

Joe Thompson headed just wide from a Bobby Grant corner and shortly after Chris Smith fired over for York.

Late on John McGrath nearly stole the match when his clean strike was just tipped over by Josh Lillis.

218 fans at the cresent I was in the home stand with my mate. Bit warmer by all accounts. We were in agreement both teams were pretty dyer. Not 1 person seemed to go for it. Im sure if someone had gone for it then 3 points would be in the bag. Sadly Donnelly missed that shot which was a sitter from were I was stood. We def were the better of the sides but certainly was no advert for league football.
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 23:11 - Mar 12 with 2146 viewsyorkshirefan

Highlight of the night was the Chicken Balti pie
Login to get fewer ads

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 23:57 - Mar 12 with 2083 viewsSwissdale

In short:
Terrible match, worse journey home.

Donnelly missed a real sitter, a composed striker (or midfielder, or defender) would take a simple touch past the keeper and stroke the ball into an empty net.

Apart from that, we never looked in danger of conceding, or scoring.

Kennedy battled well, Thompson was weak. Grimes came on, kicked out at their player and could have been sent off (did anyone else see that?). Don't want to see him in the first team ever again now. Clearly wants to leave, and can't be arsed being professional enough to see his contract out with dignity.
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 10:41 - Mar 13 with 1850 viewsnordenblue

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 23:08 - Mar 12 by leedsdale

Pretty scrappy game; the pitch wasn't conducive for a passing game so the ball spent quite a bit of time in the air. York were good at closing us down but offered little genuine threat, Lillis only had one real save to make.

Going forward we were fairly disjointed, noone seemed to be able to control the ball well enough to create any real chances either for themselves or a teammate. Grant was fairly anonymous until two late shots, and Donnelly's one on one is one that any decent striker should be putting away.

MoM for me was Bennett, seems to be improving in the right back spot and defended really well tonight.

Funny how people see games as i thought Bennett had an absolute shocker,got caught out of position plenty of times got skinned a couple and seem to remember their big striker (Rankine i think?) turned him far too easy and got tripped in the process,and should have been a yellow for Bennett.He has been decent of late but his defending leaves a lot to be desired,offers far more going forward that defensively
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 10:50 - Mar 13 with 1841 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 10:41 - Mar 13 by nordenblue

Funny how people see games as i thought Bennett had an absolute shocker,got caught out of position plenty of times got skinned a couple and seem to remember their big striker (Rankine i think?) turned him far too easy and got tripped in the process,and should have been a yellow for Bennett.He has been decent of late but his defending leaves a lot to be desired,offers far more going forward that defensively

Give him a game in midfield?
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 11:21 - Mar 13 with 1807 viewsDaley_Lama

At Spotland York absolutely battered us if i recall correctly, dominated possession and danced through our defence.

A point gained for me towards you know what.

Poll: DF in or out

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 12:46 - Mar 13 with 1707 viewsolympicdale

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 11:21 - Mar 13 by Daley_Lama

At Spotland York absolutely battered us if i recall correctly, dominated possession and danced through our defence.

A point gained for me towards you know what.

I was really impressed with York that day, just a shame Bennett's brilliant solo goal wasn't the main talking point.

Life is a game of fate.

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 12:54 - Mar 13 with 1687 viewsnordenblue

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 10:50 - Mar 13 by Yorkshire_Dale

Give him a game in midfield?

Wouldn't mind seeing him right side of a midfield 4 to be honest,the lads only young and without doubt a class player in the making,just feel at the back may not possibly be his best position,
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 15:04 - Mar 13 with 1564 viewsleedsdale

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 10:41 - Mar 13 by nordenblue

Must have gone for a pee when he got skinned!

That was my first game of the Hill era; the defence was notably much stronger and organised than before Christmas. There will always be occasions when the opposition will get free, but I thought we snuffed them out quite well last night.
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 18:23 - Mar 13 with 1442 viewsFondles

Worse game of football i have ever seen.
That is all
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 19:16 - Mar 13 with 1386 viewsTalkingSutty

If you wanted warming up on a freezing night then last nights game wasnt the place to be, it was freezing standing on that open terrace.

There was some positives to take from the performance, the defence looked organised and Edwards was the stand out performer for me. I also like the fact that Lillis as ditched that bloody stupid habit he had earlier in the season when he seemed to attempt to punch every ball that came in his direction. If he was acting on advice from the German goalkeeping coach, he wants firing !!

York tried to play at a high tempo and were obviously bouyed by the appointment of their new manager, we matched them in terms of effort and i think under Coleman we would have lost last night and probably picked up a red card along the way.

In the cold light of day i think it was a good hard earned point but in terms of entertainment value i would give it zero out of ten !!
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 19:51 - Mar 13 with 1347 viewsShun

That was without doubt the worst football match I have ever witnessed. Not an ounce of talent on show between either team. As someone standing near me predicted very early on, York were one-dimensional and we soon lowered ourselves to play like them.

It was nice to see the York keeper respectfully applauding us at the end, though.
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 20:01 - Mar 13 with 1328 viewsTVOS1907

Last night reminded me of watching Dale in the 1980s.

Freezing cold, poor football and no goals!

Razzle and I were also chatting about a famous York game from the past, which younger readers might enjoy:

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 20:31 - Mar 13 with 1298 viewsDaley_Lama

I love how they had to move a hot dog stand for York to take a corner in the last minute.

Also, sponsorship boards for fertiliser.

Poll: DF in or out

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 20:34 - Mar 13 with 1288 viewsTVOS1907

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 20:31 - Mar 13 by Daley_Lama

I love how they had to move a hot dog stand for York to take a corner in the last minute.

Also, sponsorship boards for fertiliser.

It was probably still there last night.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 21:04 - Mar 13 with 1251 viewsmidlandsdale

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 23:08 - Mar 12 by leedsdale

I must have been at a different match! Concentration poor and skinned a few times. Weakest link defensively for me!
Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 21:58 - Mar 14 with 1145 viewsD_Dale

Has Anyone Seen My Testicles? on 18:23 - Mar 13 by Fondles

Worse game of football i have ever seen.
That is all

Sky's coverage says it was "a thoroughly forgettable encounter" and shows just one scoring effort from each side. http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8563356/york-0-0-rochdale
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024