Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awards Night 20:22 - Apr 27 with 5025 viewsGhanaDale

I'd love to tell you who's winning what but I'm stood 20 feet from the stage and can't hear anything! Bobby Grant and George Donnelly aren't here

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Awards Night on 13:12 - Apr 28 with 1463 viewsDaley_Lama

The same could have been said for the Gary Jones meal at China City, kept very much to themselves.

Mind you, have seen some of the Dale fans when sober, perhaps avoidance is not the worst thought process after all....

Poll: DF in or out

Awards Night on 13:14 - Apr 28 with 1430 viewsTalkingSutty

Awards Night on 13:12 - Apr 28 by Daley_Lama

The same could have been said for the Gary Jones meal at China City, kept very much to themselves.

Mind you, have seen some of the Dale fans when sober, perhaps avoidance is not the worst thought process after all....

I think we are all a bit "touched", normal people would have walked decades ago!!
Awards Night on 14:43 - Apr 28 with 1338 viewsColDale

only concern about JK staying so late last night, was Gary Jones doing similar last year, Hill and Flicker doing the same the year before, and Daggers the year before that one.
Awards Night on 14:54 - Apr 28 with 1317 viewsTalkingSutty

Awards Night on 14:43 - Apr 28 by ColDale

only concern about JK staying so late last night, was Gary Jones doing similar last year, Hill and Flicker doing the same the year before, and Daggers the year before that one.

People laugh at me for leaving early
Awards Night on 15:07 - Apr 28 with 1295 views_dezzy

Those 3 shirts last night on display, Was they next seasons home away . 3rd choice kits?

KHBA

Awards Night on 15:33 - Apr 28 with 1246 viewsD_Alien

Awards Night on 13:02 - Apr 28 by TalkingSutty

I also got the impression the players didnt want to be there last night in general. Even getting the recipients of the awards to come up to the stage to collect their trophy seemed a lot of effort for most of them, a genuine friendly smile doesnt go amiss neither.

They arent superstars they are lower league footballers and a few of them seemed to have a air of arrogance about them which is laughable really.

Having said all that when the manager takes to the stage to present a trophy and declines the opportunity to address the hundreds who turned up to support the event, is it any wonder the players seem as though they are there under duress.

Its the end of a tough season, we need to sell season tickets and a rallying cry from the manager or even a thank you would have been appreciated, its also good manners. Having said that about Hilly, i wondered afterwards if he takes offence at the "Baldy Mourinhio" chants that accompanied him onto the stage. If thats the case maybe thats why he chose not to address the public.

Its all about team Rochdale though !!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

"They arent superstars they are lower league footballers and a few of them seemed to have a air of arrogance about them which is laughable really."

That's why I wouldn't be seen dead at one of these events. Simply can't stomach it.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Awards Night on 15:35 - Apr 28 with 1242 viewsColDale

Awards Night on 15:07 - Apr 28 by _dezzy

Those 3 shirts last night on display, Was they next seasons home away . 3rd choice kits?

the green and white kit (a particular Three Lions favourite I believe) was put together in preparation for the trip to Barnet this season, incase their Amber and Black kit was deemed to clash with the blue and black kit and also the yellow kit. In the end, the ref was happy so we never used it. The supporters team have been given this kit and will wear it tomorrow night. There are also spares that will be available at the kit auction tomorrow night (all long sleeved I think). Some will have name and numbers on, and others will be just plain shirts with the badge and sponsor.

The other two kits were sample kits for this current season, not next year. That black away kit in particular looked great but was completely unusable with the black and blue home kit. There's no more versions of these kits available.

Awards Night on 15:45 - Apr 28 with 1220 viewsSaxonDale

Does anyone have any pictures of said Green and White kit by any chance? Also is there a system in place for people to buy stuff if they can't attend tomorrow night?
Login to get fewer ads

Awards Night on 15:50 - Apr 28 with 1210 viewsColDale

Awards Night on 15:45 - Apr 28 by SaxonDale

Does anyone have any pictures of said Green and White kit by any chance? Also is there a system in place for people to buy stuff if they can't attend tomorrow night?

We'll have to see what's left after Monday night before any decision is made, but I'd imagine there'll be a chance to buy the leftovers
Awards Night on 15:51 - Apr 28 with 1205 viewsSaxonDale

Awards Night on 15:50 - Apr 28 by ColDale

We'll have to see what's left after Monday night before any decision is made, but I'd imagine there'll be a chance to buy the leftovers

Thanks Col
Awards Night on 16:22 - Apr 28 with 1157 viewsoff2div1

Awards Night on 15:51 - Apr 28 by SaxonDale

Thanks Col

Is that Paddy,s kit with a Dale badge added
Awards Night on 16:39 - Apr 28 with 1123 views442Dale

Awards Night on 15:35 - Apr 28 by ColDale

the green and white kit (a particular Three Lions favourite I believe) was put together in preparation for the trip to Barnet this season, incase their Amber and Black kit was deemed to clash with the blue and black kit and also the yellow kit. In the end, the ref was happy so we never used it. The supporters team have been given this kit and will wear it tomorrow night. There are also spares that will be available at the kit auction tomorrow night (all long sleeved I think). Some will have name and numbers on, and others will be just plain shirts with the badge and sponsor.

The other two kits were sample kits for this current season, not next year. That black away kit in particular looked great but was completely unusable with the black and blue home kit. There's no more versions of these kits available.

Good to hear we thought about the possible clash at Barnet. Any news on next season's third kit which will be required for at least two games? (Hartlepool and Bristol R?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Awards Night on 18:55 - Apr 28 with 1014 viewsRibbleblue

Awards Night on 15:33 - Apr 28 by D_Alien

"They arent superstars they are lower league footballers and a few of them seemed to have a air of arrogance about them which is laughable really."

That's why I wouldn't be seen dead at one of these events. Simply can't stomach it.

I feel the same now.Will give it a wide berth next year.
Awards Night on 19:24 - Apr 28 with 972 viewsTalkingSutty

Awards Night on 18:55 - Apr 28 by Ribbleblue

I feel the same now.Will give it a wide berth next year.

Fans attend the match and then go home to change and then face the expense of travelling back up to the ground and paying taxis etc (I know one family who booked into a hotel for the night because they live down south). Factor in the price of drinks and purchasing raffle tickets and its a very expensive day.

The manager couldnt bring himself to just spend 20 seconds on the microphone to thank everybody for their support or maybe say a few words about next season in an attempt to boost the feel good factor or maybe the season ticket sales.

Two players couldnt pick up their awards because they left prior to 8pm and most of the rest just didnt look interested. Thank god the Jenkins family, Chris Beech and the Chairman showed a bit of class on the night .

Its not having a go at Hilly and his players, its saying it how i see it !!
Awards Night on 20:40 - Apr 28 with 907 viewsdale_spotland

Awards Night on 19:24 - Apr 28 by TalkingSutty

Fans attend the match and then go home to change and then face the expense of travelling back up to the ground and paying taxis etc (I know one family who booked into a hotel for the night because they live down south). Factor in the price of drinks and purchasing raffle tickets and its a very expensive day.

The manager couldnt bring himself to just spend 20 seconds on the microphone to thank everybody for their support or maybe say a few words about next season in an attempt to boost the feel good factor or maybe the season ticket sales.

Two players couldnt pick up their awards because they left prior to 8pm and most of the rest just didnt look interested. Thank god the Jenkins family, Chris Beech and the Chairman showed a bit of class on the night .

Its not having a go at Hilly and his players, its saying it how i see it !!

Agree, poor form from Hilly to refuse to speak when asked.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Awards Night on 20:48 - Apr 28 with 858 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Especially as recently he's made an effort in interviews to try and rally the fans into buying season tickets, and creating a unified club once again. Commendable effort, but the reports from last night (I wasn't there) seem to suggest he and the team have undone those efforts a tad.
Awards Night on 10:32 - May 1 with 700 viewsRibbleblue

Awards Night on 13:11 - Apr 28 by dale10

cavangh never went to the awards night but jk was fantastic stayed with the fans haveing his picture took with the fans signing autographs maybe if he signs he should be our captin

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024