Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boswanka 15:27 - Apr 28 with 11652 viewshoopstar67

Boswanka walking down tunnel laughing. Sums it up doesnt it?
Boswanka on 23:39 - Apr 28 with 1860 viewsHunterhoop

Boswanka on 23:30 - Apr 28 by gazza1

Sorry Norf but......lately I have not ben reading your reports, etc because you are writing it in a depressed and negitive fashion. Well that is what I see anyway.

Problem is Norf is that Boswinga's body language does not bode well.....I look at him and think he looks as though he is strolling through games but I believe that is the way he plays. His defensive work has never been good even when at Chelsea but the rest is pretty good imo and far better than what other players can do. He passes the ball well, he gets up & down the line well, dead ball kicks are better than most, he is calm under pressure, etc, etc......sadly all that is missed because he laughs on the way off the pitch. And then there is Tarbs who has behaved so poorly over the seasons on numeroes occasions and that is fine and acceptable which I see as very wrong.

I think a lot of people acknowledge some of those strengths.

But he's a defender and his defending today was appalling. He got beat to the byline several times, got caught to high up the pitch allowing the diagonal ball over his head to the winger who'd got the wrong side of him TWICE, should have been penalised for the pen, fell asleep at a set piece and failed to put one good open play cross in when in the other half. He was awful today.

AND HE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE HE IS REALLY TRYING. Now, in reality (not Gaz Arrogant Land) neither you nor I know how much he is really giving. Everything? Most of what he's got? Nothing? We don't know. It's a subjective point and thus a moot one. (I can explain what that sentence means if those words are unfamiliar)

I don't like him. Whilst a tidy player most of the time, I don't think he's actually very good at defending. I also don't think he cares about the club and I don't think he tries very hard. As such, I don't want him toplay for the club. I think that's a fair opinion.

And, by the way, the spell we conceded fewest goals (Chelsea (A) 0, Spurs (H) 0, Man City (H) 0......who were our full backs??? Fabio and Onouha.

I personally think Onouha is out best "defender". Least comfortable on the ball, yes (with Hill). Worst passer of the ball....yes. But best header and positional sense...yes. We need defenders. And we damn sure will need strong defenders next year. Bosingwa we won't.
Boswanka on 23:39 - Apr 28 with 1860 viewsNorthernr

Haha, try writing them, they've had to take my shoe laces away.

We were potentially, marginally the better of two very, very poor sides today. As you say, the attack didn't function at all. I thought Onuoha played reasonably well and Pogrebnyak very poorly which meant they only really threatened us from set pieces and - whatever you say - when they forced Bosingwa to do any work.

0-0 fair result. Dreadful game. Pleased there's only three left.
Boswanka on 23:46 - Apr 28 with 1837 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Boswanka on 23:05 - Apr 28 by gazza1

Funny that Carrot....I wondered where Fabio had been lately and after a few minutes I know why - he was so poor when he came on.

I thought Boswinga done OK, probably a bit much saying good, but a lot better than a lot of them. Key clearance off the line and worked hard to get up the line into forward positions.

Football eh....opinions eh

Hey you are right he did clear one of the line but he also gave away the free kick that led to that and strolled away from it without paying attention so goal line clearance should not have been necessary imo and yes a few others were guilty of playing badly too but I don't have anytime for players that shirk there responsibilities like him.
Boswanka on 23:55 - Apr 28 with 1818 viewsgazza1

Boswanka on 23:39 - Apr 28 by Hunterhoop

I think a lot of people acknowledge some of those strengths.

But he's a defender and his defending today was appalling. He got beat to the byline several times, got caught to high up the pitch allowing the diagonal ball over his head to the winger who'd got the wrong side of him TWICE, should have been penalised for the pen, fell asleep at a set piece and failed to put one good open play cross in when in the other half. He was awful today.

AND HE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE HE IS REALLY TRYING. Now, in reality (not Gaz Arrogant Land) neither you nor I know how much he is really giving. Everything? Most of what he's got? Nothing? We don't know. It's a subjective point and thus a moot one. (I can explain what that sentence means if those words are unfamiliar)

I don't like him. Whilst a tidy player most of the time, I don't think he's actually very good at defending. I also don't think he cares about the club and I don't think he tries very hard. As such, I don't want him toplay for the club. I think that's a fair opinion.

And, by the way, the spell we conceded fewest goals (Chelsea (A) 0, Spurs (H) 0, Man City (H) 0......who were our full backs??? Fabio and Onouha.

I personally think Onouha is out best "defender". Least comfortable on the ball, yes (with Hill). Worst passer of the ball....yes. But best header and positional sense...yes. We need defenders. And we damn sure will need strong defenders next year. Bosingwa we won't.

I do not think they do acknowledge his strengths Hunter....I have no reason to think they do - why do you think that??

Yes he is a defender and whilst he had a couple of blips today so did the others....full backs nowadays must be able to attack otherwise you are men down going forward. I did not think his defending was appalling tbh. If you only get causght out a couple of times then you aint doing bad - he aint Ashley Cole. It is easy to be critical, very easy.

Nobody knows if he is putting a full shift in but I would expect that Harry Rednapp has a good idea.....not everyone can run about like Mackie. I dont need any expalnation from you Hunter thanks.

Well you can have your opinions whther he cares about the Club, you dont know just like I dont - I gauge it by performances on the pitch and contray to firm belief he has been decent apart from the first few weeks and I believe that he has sorted that. It aint a fair opinion it is a Hunter opinon and not mine.

Easy to quote figures but in my opinion if Onouha plays anywhere other than CB we have a problem. Onouha may be our best defender but what is for sure he cant play football and he panicks big time and that could have affects on the Team - we all know its about keeping the ball and he certainly doesnt. Te postitives are that I know what we get with him.

Boswanka on 00:07 - Apr 29 with 1802 viewsHunterhoop

Boswanka on 23:55 - Apr 28 by gazza1

I do not think they do acknowledge his strengths Hunter....I have no reason to think they do - why do you think that??

Yes he is a defender and whilst he had a couple of blips today so did the others....full backs nowadays must be able to attack otherwise you are men down going forward. I did not think his defending was appalling tbh. If you only get causght out a couple of times then you aint doing bad - he aint Ashley Cole. It is easy to be critical, very easy.

Nobody knows if he is putting a full shift in but I would expect that Harry Rednapp has a good idea.....not everyone can run about like Mackie. I dont need any expalnation from you Hunter thanks.

Well you can have your opinions whther he cares about the Club, you dont know just like I dont - I gauge it by performances on the pitch and contray to firm belief he has been decent apart from the first few weeks and I believe that he has sorted that. It aint a fair opinion it is a Hunter opinon and not mine.

Easy to quote figures but in my opinion if Onouha plays anywhere other than CB we have a problem. Onouha may be our best defender but what is for sure he cant play football and he panicks big time and that could have affects on the Team - we all know its about keeping the ball and he certainly doesnt. Te postitives are that I know what we get with him.

So we're just disagreeing about how much of a shift he puts in. I can handle that. You think he puts in a decent one and point to ol' Arry. I don't think he does put in a shift. Neither do several pundits today. Gary Neville was particularly damning on him and Sir Les has had a pop, I've heard.

But, if that's where we're disagreeing then I'm very comfortable with where I stand on it.

And re. Onouha. I understand the need to be able to play it. But you need to be a able to walk before you can run. You need to build from the back. You know this. He is one of, if not, our best defender. You play your best defenders so you concede few goals and you go from there.

Today, I don't think Bosingwa's defending was very good at all. I thought it was awful. I gave you several examples of his bad defending that could have cost goals, so not small mistakes. You say, twice in a game isn't bad. You obviously have low standards. I thought both times his positioning was, to coin one of your favourite words from your limited lexicon, "shocking". It's not even Gino Padula, let alone Ashley Cole. You shouldn't just be caught out like that. It wasn't like he was out of position after a lung bursting run, or had slid in, made a tackle and was out of position. It wa sopen play on the other flank and he's just caught stationary 5 yards higher than his CBs leaving an onside hole behind him. He's then picked up his winger's run too late and he's the wrong side. A better ball, and better winger and that becomes a 1-1. Like you, I don't think those happened because he is an awful footballer. He is not. But they did happen. They have to have a cause. If it's not because he is a bad FB, it's because he's not concentrating/trying very hard and was too casual.
Boswanka on 04:05 - Apr 29 with 1767 viewsMelakaRanger

Everyone should tweet Tony. Short and simple

"Bosingwa OUT'

Maybe a thousand tweets will help make his mind up
Boswanka on 07:27 - Apr 29 with 1739 viewssevenhoop

Boswanka on 21:55 - Apr 28 by gazza1

I am more interested how Boswinga performs on the pitch and apart from when he was poor in the first couple of games he has been good ever since. Today he did a job which is more than can be said about 'fans favourite' Tarbs. The best full back in the Club without question hece Harry picks him at LB or RB and has him taking dead ball kivks as well.

Every player deals with defeats in diferent ways....so does every manager(Harry was laughing with 2 seconds of the final whistle with the Reading Manager - they both were).

no he hasn't been "good". He tries when he can be bothered. But, above all, his attitude stinks, he palpably doesn't give a sh*t and attitudes like that pervade through a squad. As has been said, it's not particulary lack of talent that has done us in this season; it's lack of team spirit and he is the sort who personifies everthing about that.

Anton Ferdinand lolloping around was another one - how does anyone look at him and feel inspired to try for his team mate?

Bunch of c**ts, the lot of them. goodness knows how we ever bulid a "team" with this load of overpaid tossers likely to be hanging around next season. Much more chance of us going through the trap door than coming back up.

And the worst thing? We'll probably bin people who really care like Clint Hill. The whole thing is scandalous.
Boswanka on 08:31 - Apr 29 with 1708 viewsVish

Boswanka on 04:05 - Apr 29 by MelakaRanger

Everyone should tweet Tony. Short and simple

"Bosingwa OUT'

Maybe a thousand tweets will help make his mind up

who will take him on the wages we're paying him is the problem.

If we do ship him out, we'd probably have to pay half is wages, and he's still got 2 years left on his contract.
Login to get fewer ads

Boswanka on 11:09 - Apr 29 with 1683 viewsdaveB

I thought he played ok yesterday, i laughed as well at the end
Boswanka on 13:22 - Apr 29 with 1648 viewsFredManRave

Surely no coincidence that Bosingwánka is almost an anagram of banking wonga.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Boswanka on 13:36 - Apr 29 with 1639 viewswittle

Boswanka on 11:09 - Apr 29 by daveB

I thought he played ok yesterday, i laughed as well at the end

i thought he was piss poor yesterday,twice got caught out with a diagonal pass in behind him because he was out of position as usual and close to conceding a penalty.I hate the fact that this tosser plays for our club.
Boswanka on 14:08 - Apr 29 with 1617 viewsdaveB

was never a penalty though so not really an issue, I though the was ok, not bad enough to be singled out as he has been. Traore, Mbia, Remy and Taarabt were all far worse than him yesterday.
Boswanka on 14:10 - Apr 29 with 1612 viewstoboboly

Boswanka on 14:08 - Apr 29 by daveB

was never a penalty though so not really an issue, I though the was ok, not bad enough to be singled out as he has been. Traore, Mbia, Remy and Taarabt were all far worse than him yesterday.

But he has been consistently crap and a complete cn ut into the bargain.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Boswanka on 14:11 - Apr 29 with 1611 viewsJuzzie

Boswanka on 23:46 - Apr 28 by carrotcrunch_R

Hey you are right he did clear one of the line but he also gave away the free kick that led to that and strolled away from it without paying attention so goal line clearance should not have been necessary imo and yes a few others were guilty of playing badly too but I don't have anytime for players that shirk there responsibilities like him.

Absolutely.

I was sitting in the very front row just to the right of the gool and apart from giving away a needless free-kick in a dangerous position, he just trotted slowly towards the goal with his back to the free kick which they took quickley. Everyone around me was shouting at him that the kick had been taken and he suddenly sprang into action.

As it went off for the corner I looked straight at him and and pointed with both my forefingers to my head shouting "fking wake up" (or words to that effect). He just had a vacant look on his face, but that could be normal for him.

Boswanka on 14:29 - Apr 29 with 1595 viewsdaveB

Boswanka on 14:10 - Apr 29 by toboboly

i don't know I think he's been ok the last few weeks, i don't think he's any good but he seems to be picked out as the fall guy for everything even when he doesn't do much wrong
Boswanka on 14:33 - Apr 29 with 1589 viewsJonDoeman

Boswanka on 14:10 - Apr 29 by toboboly

It Is What It Is !!

Boswanka on 14:59 - Apr 29 with 1566 viewstoboboly

Boswanka on 14:29 - Apr 29 by daveB

i don't know I think he's been ok the last few weeks, i don't think he's any good but he seems to be picked out as the fall guy for everything even when he doesn't do much wrong

He may not have been as bad but lets not pretend he has been worth minimum wage let alone £65k a week. Others have been crap also but not even Hoillett deserves as much vitriol as this piece of shit does. Man is complete scum and I don't want to ever see him in our shirt again. Even Bob Malcolm tried.

Boswanka on 15:04 - Apr 29 with 1554 viewsdaveB

I'm not saying he offers value for money but he can at least control a football which seems beyond Hoilett at the moment. I'd release the fella tomorrow and think it's a farce he was brought back into the team but his performances haven't been that bad really, i don't think it's a lack of effort more a lack of ability
Boswanka on 15:07 - Apr 29 with 1548 viewstoboboly

Boswanka on 15:04 - Apr 29 by daveB

I'm not saying he offers value for money but he can at least control a football which seems beyond Hoilett at the moment. I'd release the fella tomorrow and think it's a farce he was brought back into the team but his performances haven't been that bad really, i don't think it's a lack of effort more a lack of ability

We will have to disagree

I still don't understand why Fabio and Nedum were dropped for him (Fabio had a few injuries) and I would put Ben Haim ahead of him. Fcuk, I would put Cerny ahead of him at RB.

Boswanka on 15:42 - Apr 29 with 1524 viewsQPunkR

Boswanka on 15:07 - Apr 29 by toboboly

We will have to disagree

I still don't understand why Fabio and Nedum were dropped for him (Fabio had a few injuries) and I would put Ben Haim ahead of him. Fcuk, I would put Cerny ahead of him at RB.

Yep, with you there.

QPR - "shit but local"

Boswanka on 16:27 - Apr 29 with 1511 viewsA40Bosh

Boswanka on 15:04 - Apr 29 by daveB

I'm the same, I dont think he has done any worse than Traore, but Traore hardly ever gets a mention on here good or bad. Bosingwa was tainted from the minute he arrived here because he is ex-Chelsea, is a mono brow and looks miserable period, and made no attempt to ingratiate himself to the fans. Bad attitude not a bad defender, although he has been shown up a times, but tends to recover.

He is a much better RB than Ned, who will do a good job at CB next year if given a run of games in his preferred position. Ned for me at RB is a non starter because although he can defend, I can remember countless times he tried to advance up the sideline, get about 10 yards and then stop and miss time a pass or lose possession.

Bosingwa's problem is that he came here for the money, found out that, even though he was probably promised that he would be playing with stars all around him in a great team, that it was not going to go to plan, does not have the ability to single-handedly save us, then spent most of the season going through the motions and not giving a monkey's about the bigger picture.

I dont think Bosingwa is the answer, but I dont think he is the crux of the problems.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Boswanka on 20:50 - Apr 29 with 1491 viewsgazza1

Boswanka on 00:07 - Apr 29 by Hunterhoop

So we're just disagreeing about how much of a shift he puts in. I can handle that. You think he puts in a decent one and point to ol' Arry. I don't think he does put in a shift. Neither do several pundits today. Gary Neville was particularly damning on him and Sir Les has had a pop, I've heard.

But, if that's where we're disagreeing then I'm very comfortable with where I stand on it.

And re. Onouha. I understand the need to be able to play it. But you need to be a able to walk before you can run. You need to build from the back. You know this. He is one of, if not, our best defender. You play your best defenders so you concede few goals and you go from there.

Today, I don't think Bosingwa's defending was very good at all. I thought it was awful. I gave you several examples of his bad defending that could have cost goals, so not small mistakes. You say, twice in a game isn't bad. You obviously have low standards. I thought both times his positioning was, to coin one of your favourite words from your limited lexicon, "shocking". It's not even Gino Padula, let alone Ashley Cole. You shouldn't just be caught out like that. It wasn't like he was out of position after a lung bursting run, or had slid in, made a tackle and was out of position. It wa sopen play on the other flank and he's just caught stationary 5 yards higher than his CBs leaving an onside hole behind him. He's then picked up his winger's run too late and he's the wrong side. A better ball, and better winger and that becomes a 1-1. Like you, I don't think those happened because he is an awful footballer. He is not. But they did happen. They have to have a cause. If it's not because he is a bad FB, it's because he's not concentrating/trying very hard and was too casual.

No I think we are differing on several things.......

I believe that he is putting a shift in......and obviously so does Harry & his staff otherwise he would not be one of the first names on the team sheet every week. I would think his attitude is ok in training as well otherwise he would not be playing for the Team.

Not an Onouha thread but in response.....he will never be a RB apart from cover - he just is not a good enough footballer. Plain & simple - he cannot play. He just about gets away with it at CB when we are under pressure cos he has to tackle & head the ball but he is not comfortable receiving the ball from keepers, full backs or midfielders which puts pressure on & all part of the modern game.

I thought Boswinga done ok at Reading overall. Re making mistakes....I do not have low standards just realistic ones for a Team/Players of our Clubs status. Name me a player in our side who does not make bad errors most games - they all do & that is why we are down the bottom of the league.

And by the way....this thread is about Boswinga laughing after the match - not the end of the world is it like many think.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Boswanka on 21:30 - Apr 29 with 1472 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Boswanka on 20:50 - Apr 29 by gazza1

I believe that he is putting a shift in......and obviously so does Harry & his staff otherwise he would not be one of the first names on the team sheet every week. I would think his attitude is ok in training as well otherwise he would not be playing for the Team.

Not an Onouha thread but in response.....he will never be a RB apart from cover - he just is not a good enough footballer. Plain & simple - he cannot play. He just about gets away with it at CB when we are under pressure cos he has to tackle & head the ball but he is not comfortable receiving the ball from keepers, full backs or midfielders which puts pressure on & all part of the modern game.

I thought Boswinga done ok at Reading overall. Re making mistakes....I do not have low standards just realistic ones for a Team/Players of our Clubs status. Name me a player in our side who does not make bad errors most games - they all do & that is why we are down the bottom of the league.

And by the way....this thread is about Boswinga laughing after the match - not the end of the world is it like many think.

His attitude and what he gets paid and the laziness and his lack of discipline and his contempt for the club that is why he smiles when we have just been relegated he should have some pride . He has shown no pride or passion on the pitch and has no morals off it can't you blame fans for not liking him .Also forget the Chelsea bit because we have had a few heros come from there in the past e.g Steve wicks dave Webb Gavin peacock for example.
Boswanka on 21:55 - Apr 29 with 1453 viewsconnell10

Boswanka on 20:50 - Apr 29 by gazza1

mmmm why do you think the piece of shite has been picked recently, i think its because old arry is putting him in the shop window ready to try to flog the minge to someone, also arry defended the stupid prats smile when he walked of the pitch, maybe because he didnt want to put off ant potential suitors! oh by the way mate if you think that some player laughing after the team i love has just gone down isnt the end of the world, then you are more stupid than you sound!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Boswanka on 22:00 - Apr 29 with 1449 viewsgazza1

Boswanka on 21:55 - Apr 29 by connell10

mmmm why do you think the piece of shite has been picked recently, i think its because old arry is putting him in the shop window ready to try to flog the minge to someone, also arry defended the stupid prats smile when he walked of the pitch, maybe because he didnt want to put off ant potential suitors! oh by the way mate if you think that some player laughing after the team i love has just gone down isnt the end of the world, then you are more stupid than you sound!

What is the point of putting him in the shop window....when apparently he is playing crap???? Let me know but in my book it wont assist a sale more likely the opposite.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024