Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notts county 22:03 - Jan 24 with 1562 viewsrochdaleriddler

According to sky sports news they sacked John Sheridan because of his foul mouthed rant at match officials, because they are a family oriented club, aiming to be a pillar of the community.two words-Lee Hughes. Anyways he's now installed at another very moral club isn't he?
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 22:04]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Notts county on 22:05 - Jan 24 with 1540 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Notts county on 22:11 - Jan 24 with 1501 viewsD_Alien

Not defending Sheridan in the slightest - but that's a long rant for the 4th official to recall, word for word?

36 words

[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 22:13]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Notts county on 22:13 - Jan 24 with 1483 viewsTVOS1907

Notts county on 22:11 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

Not defending Sheridan in the slightest - but that's a long rant for the 4th official to recall, word for word?

36 words

I may be way off beam here, but I wonder if the communications system the officials wear has a recording facility for such instances?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Notts county on 22:15 - Jan 24 with 1471 viewsD_Alien

Notts county on 22:13 - Jan 24 by TVOS1907

I may be way off beam here, but I wonder if the communications system the officials wear has a recording facility for such instances?

It's possible (certainly makes sense for match official conversations to be recorded) in which case it makes Sheridan's rant even more brainless

Notts county on 22:15 - Jan 24 with 1467 viewsfitzochris

Notts county on 22:13 - Jan 24 by TVOS1907

I reckon they do. when I first read that, I couldn't help but do so in one of those barrister voices when they read out sweary words in court.

Notts county on 22:18 - Jan 24 with 1452 viewsTVOS1907

Notts county on 22:15 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

It's possible (certainly makes sense for match official conversations to be recorded) in which case it makes Sheridan's rant even more brainless

The fact County had also lost a load of games on the spin was probably purely coincidental...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Notts county on 22:23 - Jan 24 with 1419 viewsdingdangblue

Notts county on 22:05 - Jan 24 by fitzochris

He's even continued it in his new job! When the Latics announced the free game tonight - Sheridan issued this message to the public of Oldham:

C U Next Tuesday!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Notts county on 22:24 - Jan 24 with 1413 viewsSaxonDale

"My kids aren't going to get any Christmas present because of you" truly is a great line.
Login to get fewer ads

Notts county on 22:25 - Jan 24 with 1405 viewsfitzochris

Notts county on 22:24 - Jan 24 by SaxonDale

"My kids aren't going to get any Christmas present because of you" truly is a great line.

That was my favourite.

Notts county on 08:43 - Jan 25 with 1161 viewssandy_dale

Notts county on 22:11 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

36 words

If someone had said something like you to you. I'm ire you'd remember. It's 90 minutes not 90 days.
Notts county on 09:12 - Jan 25 with 1106 viewsParkinsGimp

If somebody said that to me he would be on his arse seeing stars not the stands. But as OP said he's at a lovely moral club now, he should fit right in.
He better beware , they dont have any money so his kids wont be having a Christmas again ;-)
Notts county on 09:39 - Jan 25 with 1046 viewsColDale

Whilst I'm sure Notts were unhappy about it, this would have allowed gross misconduct as a reason to sack him rather than paying him up
Notts county on 09:57 - Jan 25 with 1012 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Notts county on 09:12 - Jan 25 by ParkinsGimp

If somebody said that to me he would be on his arse seeing stars not the stands. But as OP said he's at a lovely moral club now, he should fit right in.
He better beware , they dont have any money so his kids wont be having a Christmas again ;-)

Just for confirmation purposes, what if he would have said those things to you during a day game or in night game that was particularly cloudy?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Notts county on 12:52 - Jan 25 with 818 viewsD_Alien

Notts county on 08:43 - Jan 25 by sandy_dale

If someone had said something like you to you. I'm ire you'd remember. It's 90 minutes not 90 days.

Naturally I'd recall the rant taking place, but i'll tell you what... have someone speak 36 words to you*- and you can make as many attempts at this as you like - and if you're able to repeat them all back verbatim, i'll run naked across the pitch at half time on Saturday

TVOS is almost certainly right in that the rant was picked up by the match officials' mike and would've been recorded, so why you've got to make any further point I really don't know

* at random
[Post edited 25 Jan 2017 13:21]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024