Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interview with Barrow Chairman 17:28 - Jan 6 with 15457 viewsColDale

Good piece this
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/06/hate-modern-football-barrow-chair
Interview with Barrow Chairman on 17:54 - Jan 6 with 8299 views100notout

Wow!

Great article and respect to Mr Casson - sounds like a top guy and a true football supporter.

Didn't realise they trained at Hopwood Hall and whatever happens tomorrow, I wish Barrow AFC all the very best.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 18:35 - Jan 6 with 8167 viewsD_Alien

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 17:54 - Jan 6 by 100notout

Wow!

Great article and respect to Mr Casson - sounds like a top guy and a true football supporter.

Didn't realise they trained at Hopwood Hall and whatever happens tomorrow, I wish Barrow AFC all the very best.

I'll second that

Whatever the outcome, I'll be keeping an eye on Barrow's results and hoping they make it back to the football league

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 18:55 - Jan 6 with 8092 viewsDaley_Lama

They mistook Chris Beech for the manager at the draw it would appeae.

Poll: DF in or out

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 18:56 - Jan 6 with 8089 viewsBass1

What a wonderful genuine man the Barrow chairman appears to be. Someone who actually loves football, not embroiled in the disgusting greed and the don't give a toss attitude of the so called elite.
Even my mate, who is a Man City fan, has expressed his disgust at the BBC for televising the West Ham game, which doesn't mean a thing to most City fans. City will probably be playing a weakened side anyway. Wonderful. Everybody I know have said they would have preferred to watch Barrow v Dale. A chance for the underdogs to earn a bit of cash? A possible cup upset? Who are these people who decide which FA cup
matches to televise? Stuff you the BBC. And Sky. And all the sports providers.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 18:59]

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 18:59 - Jan 6 with 8072 viewsnordenblue

What a proper chap,so pleasant to read about...
Interview with Barrow Chairman on 19:11 - Jan 6 with 8006 viewsrochedale

Great article, and as much as I want us to progress, I will be genuinely happy for Barrow if they do.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 19:26 - Jan 6 with 7949 viewsDaleiLama

Haven't got time to read now as taking a few beers to see dad and watch the Citeh match, but the interview he did on R5L was v good. Nice chap, strange mid-Atlantic accent!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 20:28 - Jan 6 with 7797 viewsdalelee

Great article. Wish them well after 5pm tomorrow and hope they gain promotion. He sounds like a real football man.
Both clubs have really embraced tomorrow's game, should be a superb occasion.
Login to get fewer ads

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 21:39 - Jan 6 with 7599 views49thseason

Is that Dave Storf on the front row (RHS as you look at it) in that 1968 team photo? (Former Dale Left Winger for the benefit of youngsters).
Interview with Barrow Chairman on 22:08 - Jan 6 with 7537 viewscumbria_dale

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 21:39 - Jan 6 by 49thseason

Is that Dave Storf on the front row (RHS as you look at it) in that 1968 team photo? (Former Dale Left Winger for the benefit of youngsters).

I really should've posted on here before now, being a lifelong dale fan who's lived in Barrow now for 6 years (married a Barrow girl)

Casson's comments don't surprise me - he's got the club in his heart and he's a realistic, likeable chap. Barrow are playing some very good stuff this season, much better than the sort of hoofball Bayliss had them playing. Don't get me wrong, they are still a very physical side and like to play it long, but at this level its as much about the fight as the flair and they've managed to balance the two this season.

What Cox has managed to do is assemble a squad not just made up from journeymen and carlisle/preston cast-offs, as has been the norm for years. Its rare to get any player not based in the area to the club, but Byron Harrison (top scorer and biggest threat to us tomorrow) has pretty much spent his entire career at clubs in the south east. Similar to our own squad, there's a sense that the players want to play for Cox even if it means uprooting.

I can confirm is cold here tonight but not freezing and should be OK. I live a 5min walk from the ground and will be there tomorrow. For those arriving by train, the Duke of Edinburgh is a great pub just over the road from the station and you'll find some decent ales on tap including the awesome Lancaster Brewery ales.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 22:08]
Interview with Barrow Chairman on 22:47 - Jan 6 with 7460 viewsDaleiLama

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 22:08 - Jan 6 by cumbria_dale

I really should've posted on here before now, being a lifelong dale fan who's lived in Barrow now for 6 years (married a Barrow girl)

Casson's comments don't surprise me - he's got the club in his heart and he's a realistic, likeable chap. Barrow are playing some very good stuff this season, much better than the sort of hoofball Bayliss had them playing. Don't get me wrong, they are still a very physical side and like to play it long, but at this level its as much about the fight as the flair and they've managed to balance the two this season.

What Cox has managed to do is assemble a squad not just made up from journeymen and carlisle/preston cast-offs, as has been the norm for years. Its rare to get any player not based in the area to the club, but Byron Harrison (top scorer and biggest threat to us tomorrow) has pretty much spent his entire career at clubs in the south east. Similar to our own squad, there's a sense that the players want to play for Cox even if it means uprooting.

I can confirm is cold here tonight but not freezing and should be OK. I live a 5min walk from the ground and will be there tomorrow. For those arriving by train, the Duke of Edinburgh is a great pub just over the road from the station and you'll find some decent ales on tap including the awesome Lancaster Brewery ales.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2017 22:08]

Lancaster blonde a v tasty drop.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 23:37 - Jan 6 with 7393 viewsD_Dale

“To my chagrin, there are buses that leave this town for Old Trafford or The Emirates and all those places every weekend."

Did he really say this? Hard to imagine a nest of Barrow-based Arsenal fans catching a bus to see the Gunners every weekend. Nor do I follow how he is "Dallas based" and running the club office with his wife and son.

But otherwise can't disagree with most of his views. I'd also be interested how a 63-year old manages to look about 40.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 0:15]
Interview with Barrow Chairman on 23:58 - Jan 6 with 7342 viewsBillie

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 23:37 - Jan 6 by D_Dale

“To my chagrin, there are buses that leave this town for Old Trafford or The Emirates and all those places every weekend."

Did he really say this? Hard to imagine a nest of Barrow-based Arsenal fans catching a bus to see the Gunners every weekend. Nor do I follow how he is "Dallas based" and running the club office with his wife and son.

But otherwise can't disagree with most of his views. I'd also be interested how a 63-year old manages to look about 40.

Maybe he meant the Etihad?
Interview with Barrow Chairman on 07:50 - Jan 7 with 7104 viewsdavidab2202

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 21:39 - Jan 6 by 49thseason

Would suggest you are right,certainly looks like him to me.

Think they paid us £7000 for him,not perhaps Scott Hogan figures but still a lot of money in those days.
Interview with Barrow Chairman on 08:36 - Jan 7 with 7059 viewsBarrafan

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 23:37 - Jan 6 by D_Dale

think he was just generalising, Arsenal fans in Barrow? think you could count them on one hand!!
Interview with Barrow Chairman on 08:40 - Jan 7 with 7053 viewsBarrafan

Met Casson last season he is how he comes across a football man and he bleeds the club and the town, think his main incentive to buying the club was a tribute to his father.
One day we may me rubbing shoulders in the same league.,
Interview with Barrow Chairman on 09:00 - Jan 7 with 7007 viewsbarrovianbedlam

I think he will of actually meant the Etihad as he said to us a while back he had seen the city supporters bus leaving Barrow
Interview with Barrow Chairman on 20:47 - Jan 7 with 6732 viewsD_Dale

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 08:40 - Jan 7 by Barrafan

Met Casson last season he is how he comes across a football man and he bleeds the club and the town, think his main incentive to buying the club was a tribute to his father.
One day we may me rubbing shoulders in the same league.,

It'd be good if Barrow could regain 'league status', and after today I hope the team bounces back. But the National League is a tough one, with, as you'll know, several clubs fairly recently in L2.
Interview with Barrow Chairman on 20:53 - Jan 7 with 6676 viewsSuddenLad

My nephew lives in Barrow and regularly travels from there with many others on a supporters coach to Anfield. They have a pickup in Preston and it's always full.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 20:56 - Jan 7 with 6655 viewsD_Alien

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 20:53 - Jan 7 by SuddenLad

My nephew lives in Barrow and regularly travels from there with many others on a supporters coach to Anfield. They have a pickup in Preston and it's always full.

For a lark, they should hop onto a nuclear sub and surface in front of the Liver Building, just to scare the shit out of the natives!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 20:57 - Jan 7 with 6622 viewsSuddenLad

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 20:56 - Jan 7 by D_Alien

For a lark, they should hop onto a nuclear sub and surface in front of the Liver Building, just to scare the shit out of the natives!

I'll mention it. He works at Vickers......!!

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 22:04 - Jan 7 with 6483 viewsfrenzied

2interesting bits in today's Times..

1.The Barrow chairman purchased the club whilst drunk at a party 4 years ago!!
Has put in over 2million quid
2.Glen Murray played for both clubs
Interview with Barrow Chairman on 22:37 - Jan 7 with 6397 views1mark1

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 22:04 - Jan 7 by frenzied

2interesting bits in today's Times..

1.The Barrow chairman purchased the club whilst drunk at a party 4 years ago!!
Has put in over 2million quid
2.Glen Murray played for both clubs

Of course a number of players have played for both including Grant Holt, Danny Livesy and Andy Howarth.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 22:40 - Jan 7 with 6386 viewsSuddenLad

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 22:37 - Jan 7 by 1mark1

Of course a number of players have played for both including Grant Holt, Danny Livesy and Andy Howarth.

Jason Smart, Dave Bayliss, Marcus Holness, to mention 3 more.....

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 22:45 - Jan 7 with 6366 viewsfitzochris

Interview with Barrow Chairman on 22:40 - Jan 7 by SuddenLad

Jason Smart, Dave Bayliss, Marcus Holness, to mention 3 more.....

Glenn Murray too.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024