Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new manager effect 01:33 - Mar 21 with 5108 viewskiwidale

Many clubs have resorted to the ploy of hiring a new manager Barnet bringing in Martin Allen for the umpteen time being an example, in the hope a new man with new ideas can get a reasonably good team back on track. Some times it works but not always is it worth a last roll of the dice? I'm sure a new man would try something other than what is not working and hasn't all season? I would be amazed if Hill goes after all he owns the club doesn't he and there is more chance of Hill sacking the board but how many would take the punt? or is it too late for even that? as for me I don't care I just want the season over. This season seems worse than under Coleman he inherited a shit team, at least we had accepted it early its the false hope and false dawns that I cant take anymore.

edit to add

If Hill was gone tomorrow I wouldn't care I might regret it later but right now I couldn't give a flying one. Its his team his plan his tactics his selections and his recruits and his fck up.

further edit

I'm not really looking for a balanced view or a reasoned response, I don't care about the pro's and con's of Hill staying Its just my chance to vent. If you don't like it then jog on the sun will shine tomorrow and the world wont end.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 2:07]

This is not the time for bickering.

The new manager effect on 08:00 - Mar 21 with 4063 viewsDaleFan7

I think it's too late and we're gone now so not sure what sacking him would do (if you take the financial burden of his contract out of it). We'll just have to see how we fare next season. Going off our last few home performances, the positive is that we don't concede a lot so League 2 strikers shouldn't be any different. The worrying thing is, we wouldn't have scored anymore against League 2 teams because we've not created the chances to.

Do I think the board should sack him? No.

Would I be bothered if he left? Also No.

Coleman gets a bad rap for his time here inheriting a poor team but he's clearly not that bad of a manager. Accrington have every chance of winning League Two on a budget that is likely even less than ours. Something Hill couldn't manage to do with us, despite being in a position to, twice.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 8:03]
The new manager effect on 08:31 - Mar 21 with 3996 viewskiwidale

The new manager effect on 08:00 - Mar 21 by DaleFan7

I think it's too late and we're gone now so not sure what sacking him would do (if you take the financial burden of his contract out of it). We'll just have to see how we fare next season. Going off our last few home performances, the positive is that we don't concede a lot so League 2 strikers shouldn't be any different. The worrying thing is, we wouldn't have scored anymore against League 2 teams because we've not created the chances to.

Do I think the board should sack him? No.

Would I be bothered if he left? Also No.

Coleman gets a bad rap for his time here inheriting a poor team but he's clearly not that bad of a manager. Accrington have every chance of winning League Two on a budget that is likely even less than ours. Something Hill couldn't manage to do with us, despite being in a position to, twice.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 8:03]

I pretty much agree with you esp the Coleman bit. It would be extraordinary if he wins a championship with Accrington and I hope he does, I've been watching their results and the win at Luton was truly amazing.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 8:39]

The new manager effect on 08:46 - Mar 21 with 3950 viewssweetcorn

Someone who doesnt go the games commenting on whether we need a new manager or not..

You couldnt make it up

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

The new manager effect on 09:09 - Mar 21 with 3895 viewsMarpleAlty

Accrington usually run on a much higher budget than people give them credit for - hence why they're not massively popular round these parts - especially when they do their 'Save Accy' plight thing every couple of years or so. They were also responsible for our 18-point deduction, but that's another story.

On my Salford save on FM, Rochdale sacked Hill when on the cusp of relegation (i.e. around now) but obviously the game won't take into account his lucrative contract! Replaced him with Danny Cowley who took Dale straight back up and kept them there. We all know how accurate FM can be, so...
The new manager effect on 09:50 - Mar 21 with 3798 viewsSuddenLad

The new manager effect on 08:31 - Mar 21 by kiwidale

I pretty much agree with you esp the Coleman bit. It would be extraordinary if he wins a championship with Accrington and I hope he does, I've been watching their results and the win at Luton was truly amazing.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 8:39]

Do you mean like our result at Rotherham?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The new manager effect on 10:21 - Mar 21 with 3718 viewsSandyman

Fleetwood - Worst game I've seen since FRMSE was in charge. We are where we are and play like we do because of the manager and his recruitment. The excuses on Radio Manc ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p061sqsh ) don't wash any more. There was nothing last night where you could see the slide into League 2 being stopped, when the attitude to do otherwise was paramount.
And this is what one or two ego's in the boardroom want to celebrate with a "gala dinner"?.

Best wishes to Andrew Cannon for a full and speedy recovery. He is one of the few at RAFC who look like they are seriously interested and capable of trying to avoid relegation and its consequences.
The new manager effect on 10:23 - Mar 21 with 3707 viewsrochdale_ranger

The new manager effect on 10:21 - Mar 21 by Sandyman

Fleetwood - Worst game I've seen since FRMSE was in charge. We are where we are and play like we do because of the manager and his recruitment. The excuses on Radio Manc ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p061sqsh ) don't wash any more. There was nothing last night where you could see the slide into League 2 being stopped, when the attitude to do otherwise was paramount.
And this is what one or two ego's in the boardroom want to celebrate with a "gala dinner"?.

Best wishes to Andrew Cannon for a full and speedy recovery. He is one of the few at RAFC who look like they are seriously interested and capable of trying to avoid relegation and its consequences.

“I’m not worried or embarrassed if we go down I know how much revenue I bring to the club” Keith Hill after the MK Dons game.
The new manager effect on 18:42 - Mar 21 with 3486 viewskiwidale

The new manager effect on 08:46 - Mar 21 by sweetcorn

Someone who doesnt go the games commenting on whether we need a new manager or not..

You couldnt make it up

I'm thinking of popping over for the Gala do will that make me a fan?

Login to get fewer ads

The new manager effect on 18:48 - Mar 21 with 3466 viewsdalenumber2

The new manager effect on 10:23 - Mar 21 by rochdale_ranger

“I’m not worried or embarrassed if we go down I know how much revenue I bring to the club” Keith Hill after the MK Dons game.

How nauseating.
The new manager effect on 23:37 - Mar 21 with 3294 viewssweetcorn

The new manager effect on 18:42 - Mar 21 by kiwidale

I'm thinking of popping over for the Gala do will that make me a fan?

Who said anything about you not being a proper fan? You’ve jumped in both feet withour reading what i’ve said..

What i’ve said is you’ve seen 0 minutes of rochdales football this season, so i’d say you’re a little under qualified to be making statements about us needing a new manager.

That has nothing to do with how much of a “proper” fan you are

The new manager effect on 23:50 - Mar 21 with 3278 viewsrochdale_ranger

The new manager effect on 23:37 - Mar 21 by sweetcorn

Who said anything about you not being a proper fan? You’ve jumped in both feet withour reading what i’ve said..

What i’ve said is you’ve seen 0 minutes of rochdales football this season, so i’d say you’re a little under qualified to be making statements about us needing a new manager.

How does one get into the position where they are that mad about the style of football and management where they need to “vent” when they have not even seen our club kick a ball this season?
The new manager effect on 09:37 - Mar 22 with 3191 viewskiwidale

The new manager effect on 23:37 - Mar 21 by sweetcorn

" You’ve jumped in both feet withour reading what i’ve said"..

that's rich sweetcorn ... can you point out where my OP or subsequent posts mentions me making a statement about us needing a new manager? I posed a valid question nothing more about clubs appointing a new manager to try and rescue a season. Its you who needs to open your eyes and read it again before opening your gob and jumping in with both feet. You read what you wanted to read not what I wrote...

you make it worse by saying

"What i’ve said is you’ve seen 0 minutes of rochdales football this season, so i’d say you’re a little under qualified to be making statements about us needing a new manager.

Your wrong again which is becoming a reccuring theme with you. I've watched both Spurs games, the Millwall replay also the 2nd round game v Bromley in all of which Dale were excellent. I have watched highlights and extended highlights of all Dale games this season where they have been less than excellent but obviously that doesn't count with a prick like you who just wants to have a pop. How many England games have you attended? did you go to any of the 2016 Euro finals games? What where your views on the England v Iceland game?... be careful now Lad its a trick question.

The new manager effect on 10:17 - Mar 22 with 3155 viewsrochdale_ranger

The new manager effect on 09:37 - Mar 22 by kiwidale

that's rich sweetcorn ... can you point out where my OP or subsequent posts mentions me making a statement about us needing a new manager? I posed a valid question nothing more about clubs appointing a new manager to try and rescue a season. Its you who needs to open your eyes and read it again before opening your gob and jumping in with both feet. You read what you wanted to read not what I wrote...

"What i’ve said is you’ve seen 0 minutes of rochdales football this season, so i’d say you’re a little under qualified to be making statements about us needing a new manager.

Your wrong again which is becoming a reccuring theme with you. I've watched both Spurs games, the Millwall replay also the 2nd round game v Bromley in all of which Dale were excellent. I have watched highlights and extended highlights of all Dale games this season where they have been less than excellent but obviously that doesn't count with a prick like you who just wants to have a pop. How many England games have you attended? did you go to any of the 2016 Euro finals games? What where your views on the England v Iceland game?... be careful now Lad its a trick question.

Your views are unwarranted, unwelcome, ill informed and irrelevant. I’ve watchef Utd on the telly a few times doesn’t mean I know there style. Your basically persona non grata as far as your views on the football go.
The new manager effect on 10:29 - Mar 22 with 3128 viewskiwidale

The new manager effect on 10:17 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

Your views are unwarranted, unwelcome, ill informed and irrelevant. I’ve watchef Utd on the telly a few times doesn’t mean I know there style. Your basically persona non grata as far as your views on the football go.

Classy to the end Ranger.. your making a cast iron case for my opinion that your a prick.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 10:33]

The new manager effect on 10:36 - Mar 22 with 3113 viewsrochdaleriddler

The new manager effect on 10:17 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

Unpleasant, you don't decide if someone is welcome to comment or not. You chastised me for making things personal

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

The new manager effect on 11:43 - Mar 22 with 3054 viewsrochdale_ranger

The new manager effect on 10:36 - Mar 22 by rochdaleriddler

Unpleasant, you don't decide if someone is welcome to comment or not. You chastised me for making things personal

I’m not being unpleasant even though my writing style might come across that way ( as yours does as well) If I had watched Dale on the Tv a couple of times all season I wouldn’t be bandying my opinion about on how we are playing etc. That doesn’t mean I think the guy is any less of a supporter, I appreciate it’s hard to get to games when you live on the other side of the world
The new manager effect on 11:46 - Mar 22 with 3038 viewskiwidale

The new manager effect on 11:43 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

I’m not being unpleasant even though my writing style might come across that way ( as yours does as well) If I had watched Dale on the Tv a couple of times all season I wouldn’t be bandying my opinion about on how we are playing etc. That doesn’t mean I think the guy is any less of a supporter, I appreciate it’s hard to get to games when you live on the other side of the world

If that's an olive branch I will accept it lets move on its Scunthorpe on Saturday and both of us will be hoping for a win

The new manager effect on 11:47 - Mar 22 with 3036 viewsrochdaleriddler

The new manager effect on 11:43 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

Unwanted, unwelcome and irrelevant is what you said, anyway have a chill pill. I'm offaway for a few days in sunny skipton, don't be causing trouble while I'm away

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

The new manager effect on 18:11 - Mar 26 with 2737 viewssweetcorn

The new manager effect on 09:37 - Mar 22 by kiwidale

As it happens, yes i went to St.Ettienne to watch our final group game and also went to the warm up game at the etihad.. so what point was it you’re going to make? Or has that little revelation ruined what you were going to put?

My mistake also, you’ve seen 3 games and a few highlights which probably sont even amount to 90 minutes, in that case you’re right and in a good position to know.. HILL OUT
[Post edited 26 Mar 2018 18:12]

The new manager effect on 19:01 - Mar 26 with 2644 viewselectricblue

Well the upteenth new manager effect didnt do Barnet any good did it.
Also it as not done WBA any good either so i would prefer to stick with who is in charge..

As the the saying goes 'the grass isnt always greener'.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

The new manager effect on 19:11 - Mar 26 with 2620 viewsSuddenLad

The new manager effect on 19:01 - Mar 26 by electricblue

Well the upteenth new manager effect didnt do Barnet any good did it.
Also it as not done WBA any good either so i would prefer to stick with who is in charge..

As the the saying goes 'the grass isnt always greener'.

As both our Chairman and manager can both testify. Grass is definitely not always greener.

WTF the Scunthorpe chairman is thinking is anyone's guess. If it is 'promotion at all costs, they are likely to be very, very disappointed.

I suspect the money at Glanford Park is fast running out and if there's no promotion, things might get decidedly difficult for the season ahead.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The new manager effect on 20:33 - Mar 26 with 2522 viewsSunningDale

The new manager effect on 10:29 - Mar 22 by kiwidale

Classy to the end Ranger.. your making a cast iron case for my opinion that your a prick.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 10:33]

Mate, if you're going to be making accusations that someone else is a prick, remember it's **YOU'RE**.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

The new manager effect on 21:34 - Mar 26 with 2427 viewskiwidale

The new manager effect on 20:33 - Mar 26 by SunningDale

Mate, if you're going to be making accusations that someone else is a prick, remember it's **YOU'RE**.

Talking of pricks, and it's not just you I have yet to meet a member of the grammar police who wasn't a prick, can you explain YOU'RE incorrect use of asterisks? I'm happy to explain how and when they should be used.

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:27 - Mar 27 with 2339 viewskiwidale

The new manager effect on 18:11 - Mar 26 by sweetcorn

As it happens, yes i went to St.Ettienne to watch our final group game and also went to the warm up game at the etihad.. so what point was it you’re going to make? Or has that little revelation ruined what you were going to put?

My mistake also, you’ve seen 3 games and a few highlights which probably sont even amount to 90 minutes, in that case you’re right and in a good position to know.. HILL OUT

The new manager effect on 00:39 - Mar 27 with 2333 viewskiwidale

The new manager effect on 18:11 - Mar 26 by sweetcorn

WOW! Sweetcorn Bully for you. I of course only watched the games on TV which in your view nullifies any opinions I might have. I actually watched all Englands qualifying games Home and away and was an ever present during the Finals all from my lounge of course. Now for a bit of parity seeing that neither of us attended the Iceland game is my opinion that England was shit a valid one? can we agree that our performances in the Euro finals was not good enough or shall we both shut the fukc up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024