Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former Rochdale Player Jailed 10:00 - Jul 20 with 3975 viewsNinco

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/kyle-buckle
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 10:01]
Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 10:12 - Jul 20 with 3904 viewsSuddenLad

Don't remember him to be honest, but I fail to see why it's relevant to the offence he committed. Why not say 'Painter & Decorater jailed for stabbing man' ?

It has nothing to do with the club, so why mention them ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 10:14 - Jul 20 with 3893 viewskel

Suddenlad in taking the moral high ground shock!

After reading the headline I was expecting to see a different name tbh...
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 10:15]
Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 10:27 - Jul 20 with 3837 viewsJimmyRustler

Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 10:12 - Jul 20 by SuddenLad

Don't remember him to be honest, but I fail to see why it's relevant to the offence he committed. Why not say 'Painter & Decorater jailed for stabbing man' ?

For clicks...
Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 10:35 - Jul 20 with 3793 viewsjudd

I'd imagine his cell will be the prettiest on the landing.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 11:05 - Jul 20 with 3717 viewsEllDale

I vaguely remember him. Seem to think that he was in the youth team at the same time as the likes of Ben Wharton.
Never made the first team though so it's a tenuous link to the club, especially as it's ten years ago since he was at Dale.
Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 12:47 - Jul 20 with 3523 viewsboromat

I remember him appearing in some preseason friendlies but never in a first team game.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 08:05 - Jul 21 with 2913 viewsDalenet

Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 10:12 - Jul 20 by SuddenLad

On the contrary. The article is suggesting that somebody that had dreams of making a living out of being a professional footballer and potential role model has fallen to be a drunken bum that has stabbed somebody. The fact that he came through our club is less relevant. But the football link is surely relevant to his fall from grace.
Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 08:44 - Jul 21 with 2882 viewsmacro

Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 08:05 - Jul 21 by Dalenet

On the contrary. The article is suggesting that somebody that had dreams of making a living out of being a professional footballer and potential role model has fallen to be a drunken bum that has stabbed somebody. The fact that he came through our club is less relevant. But the football link is surely relevant to his fall from grace.

What it shows is that across footballer nothing really is done for young pros released early in their career.

Some fight on (Hogan) and make it - some carry on and have a good career an non league level - some fall away completely and end up in trouble, he must be the 3rd ex Dale YT player which has ended up inside
Login to get fewer ads

Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 11:26 - Jul 21 with 2760 viewsrochdale_ranger

Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 08:44 - Jul 21 by macro

What it shows is that across footballer nothing really is done for young pros released early in their career.

Some fight on (Hogan) and make it - some carry on and have a good career an non league level - some fall away completely and end up in trouble, he must be the 3rd ex Dale YT player which has ended up inside

One of the older tradesmen who worked at the college where I used to go on block release as an apprentice was a young footballer at Glasgow Rangers in his youth as a trainee and as part of his apprenticeship there all the trainee players had to learn a trade such as decorating,joinery or bricklaying in case they didn’t make it. Do they not do this anymore?
Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 12:53 - Jul 21 with 2678 viewsscarrow

Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 11:26 - Jul 21 by rochdale_ranger

One of the older tradesmen who worked at the college where I used to go on block release as an apprentice was a young footballer at Glasgow Rangers in his youth as a trainee and as part of his apprenticeship there all the trainee players had to learn a trade such as decorating,joinery or bricklaying in case they didn’t make it. Do they not do this anymore?

I could be wrong but I think that is done again now - sports svience/physio etc but did for a while disappear

Poll: Final position

Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 13:58 - Jul 21 with 2611 viewsnordenblue

Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 12:53 - Jul 21 by scarrow

I could be wrong but I think that is done again now - sports svience/physio etc but did for a while disappear

They also get offered various courses during their career if they want/need to retrain,planning for when they retire from the game
Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 22:59 - Jul 24 with 1990 viewsNinco

Former Rochdale Player Jailed on 12:53 - Jul 21 by scarrow

A prime example is former Manchester United player Remi Moses now working as a plumber or Kenny Clements now working as a driving instructor, or Dave Sutton shovelling horse manure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024