Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What if Henderson is on the move ?? 16:29 - Jan 23 with 10391 viewsBrookers81

Spoke to a certain former board member today in the TSB Bank on Yorkshire street today.
Not gonna name him out of respect and not to cause him grief.
He said it was the right time for him to move on, told me Raff had gone to Preston, which I had heard rumoured. Then said for the last 18 month, teams have tried to get Hendo for free or little money [did not say how much was little], but he had a contract for next year with us as well apparently.
Bradford, Burton, Mansfield and Southend were wanting him and would still take him.

Not gonna lie, if Hill sells Henderson I am gonna be fuming.

What the hell do we do if he sells Hendo ?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 18:17]

Poll: Which position do we need to sign a new player in first ?

Henderson on the move ?? on 16:32 - Jan 23 with 5899 viewskel

Don’t go into Rochdale much these days but according to their website they don’t have a branch in Rochdale.

Have another go.
Henderson on the move ?? on 16:34 - Jan 23 with 5880 viewsBrookers81

Henderson on the move ?? on 16:32 - Jan 23 by kel

Don’t go into Rochdale much these days but according to their website they don’t have a branch in Rochdale.

Have another go.

https://www.bankopeningtimes.co.uk/lloyds/rochdale.html

Henderson on the move ?? on 16:34 - Jan 23 with 5869 viewskel

Henderson on the move ?? on 16:34 - Jan 23 by Brookers81

https://www.bankopeningtimes.co.uk/lloyds/rochdale.html

You said TSB, didn’t you?
Henderson on the move ?? on 16:34 - Jan 23 with 5867 viewsBrookers81

Henderson on the move ?? on 16:32 - Jan 23 by kel

Have another go.

meant lloyds tsb forgot they split

Henderson on the move ?? on 16:35 - Jan 23 with 5850 viewskel

Henderson on the move ?? on 16:34 - Jan 23 by Brookers81

meant lloyds tsb forgot they split

Aye, ok.
Henderson on the move ?? on 16:35 - Jan 23 with 5847 viewsmacro

I think it has been well publicised that many teams have come in for Henderson
Henderson I think has stated he wants to have Rochdale as his last club
Henderson on the move ?? on 16:37 - Jan 23 with 5826 viewsBrookers81

Henderson on the move ?? on 16:35 - Jan 23 by macro

I think it has been well publicised that many teams have come in for Henderson
Henderson I think has stated he wants to have Rochdale as his last club

I hope so, thought that about Jonah though and he went off to Bradford ;[

Henderson on the move ?? on 17:15 - Jan 23 with 5600 viewsColDale

Hill said at the forum in August that teams had tried to sign Hendo on a free
Login to get fewer ads

Henderson on the move ?? on 17:18 - Jan 23 with 5585 viewsdingdangblue

So you've started a thread titled 'Henderson on the move ??'

Based on other clubs might be interested in him.
Genius.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Henderson on the move ?? on 17:42 - Jan 23 with 5463 viewsBrookers81

Henderson on the move ?? on 17:18 - Jan 23 by dingdangblue

So you've started a thread titled 'Henderson on the move ??'

Based on other clubs might be interested in him.
Genius.

You are one of the more sarcastic ones on here, I had a proper conversation today with someone who knows the club better than most, I ask the question what the hell do we do if he goes? and you get narkie,whole point of a forum is to discuss these things, so go take a nap or as my nan would say, go boil yer head !!

Henderson on the move ?? on 17:51 - Jan 23 with 5403 viewsSaxonDale

Know there has been a hundred stories of bust-ups, falling outs and unprofessionalisms but I think the biggest indicator on the truth behind the scenes is that we still have Hendo. He seems to be the most professional (off the pitch) player we've ever had and it is little surprise that he looks a better player now than he did when he first joined. The only thing that would surprise me about your story Brookers is that the interested clubs aren't of a higher stature! He's one of the best players in the league so will always attract interest, the fact that he has stayed here (believe he's turned down much higher clubs than the ones named) and seems reasonably happy I think shouldn't be underestimated.
Henderson on the move ?? on 17:53 - Jan 23 with 5398 viewsD_Alien

Henderson on the move ?? on 17:42 - Jan 23 by Brookers81

You are one of the more sarcastic ones on here, I had a proper conversation today with someone who knows the club better than most, I ask the question what the hell do we do if he goes? and you get narkie,whole point of a forum is to discuss these things, so go take a nap or as my nan would say, go boil yer head !!

tbf Brookers, ddb has a point

Look at the title(s) of the Rafferty threads - indicating pretty clearly that a move is imminent, which is what happened

There have been examples of OPs started in a similar vein by fans of other clubs during transfer windows which were meant entirely as wind-ups

I'm not having a go at you, so no need to feel offended or owt, but simply asking you to bear in mind that someone logging into the forum and seeing your OP title might look at it a bit differently to you

A better title might've been "What if Henderson moves?"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson on the move ?? on 18:06 - Jan 23 with 5319 viewsdingdangblue

Henderson on the move ?? on 17:42 - Jan 23 by Brookers81

Like D'Alien has said - a much better thread heading would be 'What if Henderson moves?'.
Simple.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 21:01 - Jan 23 with 4792 viewsBrierls

I doubt your mate Alby will get a game even if Hendo were to leave, so let’s stop the bullshit eh?

Starting a post with the intention of attracting a few replies slagging off Henderson is my interpretation of what you’ve tried to do here.

Clubs being interested I can completely understand, but somebody close to the club saying it’s time for our top scorer and talisman to move on? You don’t need to name your source, just tell him to stay off the booze till after tea time. There’s a good lad.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 21:03]
What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 21:21 - Jan 23 with 4725 viewsD_Alien

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 21:01 - Jan 23 by Brierls

I doubt your mate Alby will get a game even if Hendo were to leave, so let’s stop the bullshit eh?

Starting a post with the intention of attracting a few replies slagging off Henderson is my interpretation of what you’ve tried to do here.

Clubs being interested I can completely understand, but somebody close to the club saying it’s time for our top scorer and talisman to move on? You don’t need to name your source, just tell him to stay off the booze till after tea time. There’s a good lad.

Title of thread now adjusted

Sounds like a youngish lad, not been posting long, learning curve etc...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 21:27 - Jan 23 with 4687 viewsrochdale_ranger

Why would anybody slag Henderson off?
What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 21:34 - Jan 23 with 4649 viewsBrierls

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 21:21 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

He’s not. A new poster with an agenda.
What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 21:35 - Jan 23 with 4642 viewsBrierls

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 21:27 - Jan 23 by rochdale_ranger

Why would anybody slag Henderson off?

You’re asking the wrong bloke, I’m always baffled when it happens.

GOAT.
What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 21:51 - Jan 23 with 4588 viewsrochdale_ranger

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 21:35 - Jan 23 by Brierls

You’re asking the wrong bloke, I’m always baffled when it happens.

GOAT.

GOAT?
What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 22:02 - Jan 23 with 4553 viewsnordenblue

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 21:51 - Jan 23 by rochdale_ranger

GOAT?

Feed the Goat and he will score?
What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 23:18 - Jan 23 with 4409 viewskiwidale

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 21:21 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

Got to agree with that he listened to a couple of older heads and adjusted his post title just why some tw@ts want to discredit him is beyond me.

Oh! he's got an agenda... FFS what a load of bolloxs
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 23:31]

This is not the time for bickering.

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 00:30 - Jan 24 with 4314 viewsBrookers81

wilbrahams not my mate, don't rate him

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 01:03 - Jan 24 with 4296 viewsBrookers81

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 23:18 - Jan 23 by kiwidale

Got to agree with that he listened to a couple of older heads and adjusted his post title just why some tw@ts want to discredit him is beyond me.

Oh! he's got an agenda... FFS what a load of bolloxs
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 23:31]

Firstly. Thanks for the people speaking up for me.

Just to address something, I am 39, not a kid and not at all an Alby fan.
Although I will not ever boo a player, unless he is a dingle from other end of Heywood.
I would actually let Alby go on a free and sign another striker if possible.

I 100% would love us to stay up and get a new LB and CF this window, minimum.
Mal Benning [Mansfield] and Chuks Aneke [MK Dons] might be two who would step up a league and help us to be better.
If we can't spend money, then Scott Golbourne and Lee Erwin, both free agents could be good for us.

For the record I love Hendo to bits, without him we would have been relegated a season or two ago. Actually think he needs another goalscorer up front with him to take the pressure off him. As hard as Calvin works, he scores one goal every nine games on average, not good enough sadly.
The thought of losing Hendo this window, with everything that is rumoured to be going on and being just one point above the relegation zone now, it looks very bad. Particularly with Barnsley next !
Also, Henderson would always make my all time Dale XI [which would make a good thread, Best Dale XI].

Spoke to someone who has been involved in Dale as long as I have been alive and he was not advocating selling Hendo, nor was I. He was saying it will be the biggest battle this January and summer to keep hold of him as it's hard to find a consistent scorer these days. I have maximum respect for the man I spoke to and would never want to cause him a problem, hence not naming him.

I appreciate opinions and debate, but there seems to be some with a sarcastic way of trying to undermine other peoples points of views on here, this is not conducive to debate. We do not live in the soviet union ?
We can think for ourselves and have different opinions, but lets not undermine each other. See you all at the Coventry game.

Up the Dale and down the ale

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 01:22 - Jan 24 with 4275 viewskiwidale

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 01:03 - Jan 24 by Brookers81

Although I will not ever boo a player, unless he is a dingle from other end of Heywood.

Mal Benning [Mansfield] and Chuks Aneke [MK Dons] might be two who would step up a league and help us to be better.
If we can't spend money, then Scott Golbourne and Lee Erwin, both free agents could be good for us.

For the record I love Hendo to bits, without him we would have been relegated a season or two ago. Actually think he needs another goalscorer up front with him to take the pressure off him. As hard as Calvin works, he scores one goal every nine games on average, not good enough sadly.
The thought of losing Hendo this window, with everything that is rumoured to be going on and being just one point above the relegation zone now, it looks very bad. Particularly with Barnsley next !
Also, Henderson would always make my all time Dale XI [which would make a good thread, Best Dale XI].

Spoke to someone who has been involved in Dale as long as I have been alive and he was not advocating selling Hendo, nor was I. He was saying it will be the biggest battle this January and summer to keep hold of him as it's hard to find a consistent scorer these days. I have maximum respect for the man I spoke to and would never want to cause him a problem, hence not naming him.

I appreciate opinions and debate, but there seems to be some with a sarcastic way of trying to undermine other peoples points of views on here, this is not conducive to debate. We do not live in the soviet union ?
We can think for ourselves and have different opinions, but lets not undermine each other. See you all at the Coventry game.

Anybody who can articulate a post like that is not a novice you are spot on in every sentence you know the club and know football in general esp lower league players who you have identified as possible recruits. I will sooner have your input than some of them that have had a pop.... an agenda FFS just because you have an opinion contrary to theirs., and by the way there was nothing in your original title that wasn't explained in your opening post no agenda no confusion to undermine anybody club or players. If a big enough offer comes in for Henderson say 300 thousand he will be gone and take his 3 yr deal at double his wages with him, be fool not to do. If Rafferty can get a 3 1/2 year deal at Preston what would Henderson get at what clubs?
[Post edited 24 Jan 2019 1:43]

This is not the time for bickering.

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 01:44 - Jan 24 with 4249 viewssweetcorn

What if Henderson is on the move ?? on 01:03 - Jan 24 by Brookers81

Henderson clearly stated when he signed his previous contract that he wants to finish his career at rochdale. I’d imagine he’s one of if not the highest earner at the club and seems to do alright selling supplements. Interest in him isn’t anything new, he’s a proven goalscorer at this level, he however hasn’t indicated a desire to leave.

All the players we’re selling are at an early part of their career and football is their only source of income so naturally they want to earn as much as possible whilst they can while playing at a higher level, meaning they ask to leave when a bid comes in and it’s always been our policy not to stand in any players way when they want to better themselves and their career.

Henderson’s coming to the close of his career, i’d imagine he’s very settled here and I personally don’t see him going anywhere soon.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024