Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. 14:00 - Feb 11 with 4449 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Think Dawlish made the comment about who if anyone does our scouting as yet more mis-matches were revealed on Saturday.....Mr Delaney and Bunney run ragged by the quickest fellas on the pitch.

Wimbledon play at Walsall tomorrow so will have their Away Game set up on show....for god'sake I hope someone will be in attendance to scout them? We need snookers now so any help will do!

Then they are up against Millwall on Saturday as our shower go shopping.....let's get some intel on them.
Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 15:18 - Feb 11 with 3515 viewsTVOS1907

Don't you only need snookers when you require more points than are available?

I'm 100% certain we will have someone in attendance tomorrow night, like we do at every game and like our future opponents do when we play - or at least access to the match footage.

Whether that helps on the day of the game is a different matter and is down to individual managers' tactics.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 12:56 - Feb 12 with 3131 viewsParkinsGimp

Who on earth can mark the OP down for those comments.....Unbelievable.
Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 13:25 - Feb 12 with 3092 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 12:56 - Feb 12 by ParkinsGimp

The Three Wise Men.
Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 13:36 - Feb 12 with 3071 viewsfitzochris

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 13:25 - Feb 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

The Three Wise Men.

There is certainly something biblical about your ability to state the obvious.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 14:47 - Feb 12 with 2990 viewsMolly

D Alien
TVOS 1907
fitzochris
Brierls

and now me!
Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 15:17 - Feb 12 with 2962 viewsTVOS1907

It was the presumption that we won't even think of watching future opponents and that our management team or coaching staff won't have even thought of attending Walsall tonight.

Like all teams, we do it several times before we play them, either live at games or by viewing footage of their games through the system all clubs have access to. To think otherwise is ridiculous and disrespectful.

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 15:19 - Feb 12 with 2960 viewsTVOS1907

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 13:25 - Feb 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

The Three Wise Men.

And rising...

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 15:50 - Feb 12 with 2932 viewsDaleiLama

The Three Wise Men.

Does that make you doubting Thomas then Y-D?

I am neither trying to pick a fight nor piling on, but genuine question - were you posting about our scouting department attending games/watching footage when we were doing well also?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 16:06 - Feb 12 with 2902 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 15:17 - Feb 12 by TVOS1907

It was the presumption that we won't even think of watching future opponents and that our management team or coaching staff won't have even thought of attending Walsall tonight.

Like all teams, we do it several times before we play them, either live at games or by viewing footage of their games through the system all clubs have access to. To think otherwise is ridiculous and disrespectful.

I'll bow to your far superior knowledge Oh Wise One of many.......See some of us suckkers are not privy to half the stuff that you are and we comment on what we see. We tend to just turn up at matches and pay the Queen's shilling and sod off home.

Perhaps we make an odd comment on here too if we are served up shite for said payment....no disrespect there really , your worship.
Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 16:09 - Feb 12 with 2893 viewsdawlishdale

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 15:50 - Feb 12 by DaleiLama

I am neither trying to pick a fight nor piling on, but genuine question - were you posting about our scouting department attending games/watching footage when we were doing well also?

I think he was referring to my comment after watching Ryan Delaney being torn a new one on Saturday, when I remarked that our scouts should have reported to our Management that they were putting one of our slower defenders (and playing him out of position as well) up against their quickest player.

In my very humble opinion, it would not have taken much brain power on our part to realise that this would lead to trouble....as indeed it did on several occasions.

A few years ago, I recall the Manager telling us that they had a system called prozone (or similar) to assess opposition strengths/weaknesses. Does anyone know if we still use it; or do we use the old fashioned man in the crowd method.

At the end of the day, we all get upset to some degree when we lose, and it's only human nature to discuss ways in which things could be improved so we don't continue to make the same mistakes over and over.
Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 16:11 - Feb 12 with 2888 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 15:50 - Feb 12 by DaleiLama

I think I have indeed posted in the past about our Scouting brigade ......but quite possibly only a few months back when we were still struggling. That probably still makes me a doubting Tommy?

Like the Fixtures board , no-one gave a toss about it when we were up there with the Promo lot a few seasons ago.
Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 16:16 - Feb 12 with 2879 viewsTVOS1907

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 16:06 - Feb 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

I'll bow to your far superior knowledge Oh Wise One of many.......See some of us suckkers are not privy to half the stuff that you are and we comment on what we see. We tend to just turn up at matches and pay the Queen's shilling and sod off home.

Perhaps we make an odd comment on here too if we are served up shite for said payment....no disrespect there really , your worship.

I'm not privvy to anything, so I've no idea what that's all about; I too just turn up to matches and then go home at the end. You're way off beam if you think otherwise.

It's quite common knowledge that managers/coaches/assistants/scouts watch opponents several times before the relevant fixture.

Many managers often comment on it, such as Paul Scholes yesterday saying he had watched Yeovil (who Oldham play tonight) a few times already. He hasn't done that by going to their games - he will have access to their match footage via one of the systems clubs pay for.

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 16:21 - Feb 12 with 2873 viewsTVOS1907

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 16:09 - Feb 12 by dawlishdale

I think he was referring to my comment after watching Ryan Delaney being torn a new one on Saturday, when I remarked that our scouts should have reported to our Management that they were putting one of our slower defenders (and playing him out of position as well) up against their quickest player.

In my very humble opinion, it would not have taken much brain power on our part to realise that this would lead to trouble....as indeed it did on several occasions.

A few years ago, I recall the Manager telling us that they had a system called prozone (or similar) to assess opposition strengths/weaknesses. Does anyone know if we still use it; or do we use the old fashioned man in the crowd method.

At the end of the day, we all get upset to some degree when we lose, and it's only human nature to discuss ways in which things could be improved so we don't continue to make the same mistakes over and over.

Prozone - that's its name. Yes, I believe it is still used, although in a more advanced form. We will also use the 'man in the crowd' method when it's possible, such as tonight.

The thing is, Coventry will have scouted us too and may have even changed their tactics/selection/formation to attack us down that side, which will only be known by looking at their previous games.

That's why I mentioned that even though extensive scouting does take place, it can still have limited effect in a match when managers change from their normal approach.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 16:26]

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 17:02 - Feb 12 with 2825 viewsfitzochris

I hope nobody sends a scout to spy on our training before Thursday...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 17:24 - Feb 12 with 2790 views442Dale

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 16:11 - Feb 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

I think I have indeed posted in the past about our Scouting brigade ......but quite possibly only a few months back when we were still struggling. That probably still makes me a doubting Tommy?

Like the Fixtures board , no-one gave a toss about it when we were up there with the Promo lot a few seasons ago.

The fixtures board, like many other issues, has been on the agenda for some irrespective of results down the years.

It’s partly because of things like that why some become gradually disillusioned as time moves ever on. But it’s ok as it’s being updated on the next working day after games now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 19:52 - Feb 12 with 2638 viewsTVOS1907

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 17:24 - Feb 12 by 442Dale

The fixtures board, like many other issues, has been on the agenda for some irrespective of results down the years.

It’s partly because of things like that why some become gradually disillusioned as time moves ever on. But it’s ok as it’s being updated on the next working day after games now.

That's the aim, anyway...

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 20:10 - Feb 12 with 2619 viewsnordenblue

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 17:02 - Feb 12 by fitzochris

I hope nobody sends a scout to spy on our training before Thursday...

They should be able to box it all off in an hour or so?
Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 22:13 - Feb 12 with 2487 viewsJames1980

1-0 away win for Wimbledon tonight. Stats show they had 43% poss, 4 shots on target, 1 off target, 3 offsides 5 corners.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 23:39 - Feb 12 with 2378 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 14:47 - Feb 12 by Molly

D Alien
TVOS 1907
fitzochris
Brierls

and now me!

What's the collective noun for a real bunch of heroes?
Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 07:45 - Feb 13 with 2252 viewsDaleiLama

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 23:39 - Feb 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

What's the collective noun for a real bunch of heroes?

Cadburys?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 10:18 - Feb 13 with 2149 viewsParkinsGimp

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 15:17 - Feb 12 by TVOS1907

Well on tactics on the pitch , I think YD should be right to ask the question.
Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 11:13 - Feb 13 with 2095 viewsJames1980

I don't believe there are no tactics.
Is the problem they are easily worked out and negated? The players we have are not, all, able to carry out the plan?
The youth team website says the philosophy is possession based fast attacking football. I understand the youth team are meant to have the same philosophy as the first.

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 13:07 - Feb 13 with 1988 viewsDaleFan7

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 11:13 - Feb 13 by James1980

I don't believe there are no tactics.
Is the problem they are easily worked out and negated? The players we have are not, all, able to carry out the plan?
The youth team website says the philosophy is possession based fast attacking football. I understand the youth team are meant to have the same philosophy as the first.

If the players can't execute the plan should you not adapt your plan to the player's abilities? And then find players who can play the way you want to.
Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 13:24 - Feb 13 with 1971 viewsJames1980

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 13:07 - Feb 13 by DaleFan7

If the players can't execute the plan should you not adapt your plan to the player's abilities? And then find players who can play the way you want to.

Maybe he has been looking for those players. Are there plenty of players capable of playing 'possession based fast attacking football' to the required standard, available within Dale's budget?

Get Scouting.......there's two opportunities. on 17:13 - Feb 17 with 1583 viewsJames1980

Hill was at the Walsall v AFC Wimbledon game scouting has been done folk.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024