Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM Signings 13:31 - Jan 13 with 2710 viewsDaleyBrent

We're past the half way point of the season now. Good time to reflect on the signings BBM has made and how they've done up to now.

Sanchez - Outstanding. A great find.
O'Connell - Unbelievable how he's been persuaded to join us. Great piece of business.
Norrington-Davies - Again, a great find and will go on to bigger and better things.
Pyke - Deserved a second chance after last season but unfortunately not good enough for league football.
Magloire - Useful back up. Seems clumsy on the football pitch but good cover.
Ryan - Signed on reputation. Bedded into the squad at a sensible pace and now reaping the rewards of his undoubted quality. Been outstanding recently.
Lynch - Seems solid. Good planning for next year without Sanchez.

So, so far so good. Cant argue with the recruitment and really good signs he can be trusted in the transfer market. Imagine if he had a budget to work with!!!

What's your opinions?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 13:34]
BBM Signings on 13:40 - Jan 13 with 2653 viewsChaffRAFC

McShane - Outstanding when fit but rarely fit.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

BBM Signings on 13:58 - Jan 13 with 2579 viewsboromat

Agree with everything you've said only additional thoughts are:

Pyke - Maybe he would have shown a different side if he was given the opportunity to play as a more central striker.
Magloire - Think he could go on to be a very good player he's got pace and I think he's pretty good on the ball for a centre back. He just needs to strengthen up a bit and gain a bit more match experience. Seems a bit naive at times maybe playing at right back isn't as natural for him.

BBM to be fair has been pretty good so far with his signings. It's injuries that have been the problem.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

BBM Signings on 14:05 - Jan 13 with 2545 viewsfitzochris

BBM's signings, where he has been allowed to make them, have been better than could have been hoped given the budget.

Missing out on a striker in the summer is probably the one area that BBM will rue as much as we do. Thankfully, that will be put right this window.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

BBM Signings on 14:12 - Jan 13 with 2513 viewsboromat

BBM Signings on 14:05 - Jan 13 by fitzochris

BBM's signings, where he has been allowed to make them, have been better than could have been hoped given the budget.

Missing out on a striker in the summer is probably the one area that BBM will rue as much as we do. Thankfully, that will be put right this window.

Do you know that for fact or are you talking about the 18 year old we've already signed?

I'm not sure January is the best time to sign a striker unless it's someone we've been after for a while and the timing for a good deal is right. I don't think we should be panic buying. This team should be capable of staying up this season!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

BBM Signings on 14:20 - Jan 13 with 2477 viewsfitzochris

BBM Signings on 14:12 - Jan 13 by boromat

Do you know that for fact or are you talking about the 18 year old we've already signed?

I'm not sure January is the best time to sign a striker unless it's someone we've been after for a while and the timing for a good deal is right. I don't think we should be panic buying. This team should be capable of staying up this season!

If you need a striker, any time is the right time to sign one.

You don't necessarily have to buy one either.

BBM Signings on 14:23 - Jan 13 with 2473 viewsJames1980

Is the chap from Fylde heading to the COA then?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM Signings on 14:28 - Jan 13 with 2447 viewsChaffRAFC

BBM Signings on 14:20 - Jan 13 by fitzochris

And yes, we absolutely do need one, along with some pace in wide areas!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

BBM Signings on 15:24 - Jan 13 with 2316 viewsnordenblue

BBM Signings on 14:20 - Jan 13 by fitzochris

Does that mean a decent loan striker?
Login to get fewer ads

BBM Signings on 16:16 - Jan 13 with 2200 viewsDareToCalvin

When you think of the budget BBM apparently had to work with, and given the joke of the injury crisis we've suffered, any talk of wanting him out is absolutely ridiculous. Every signing apart from Pyke and Magloire (due to injury) are all brilliant players and contribute much to the team, even Lynch who is probably the best backup keeper we've had for a while. He's doing a brilliant job, and I hope we can push up the table now players are getting back to full fitness.
BBM Signings on 17:34 - Jan 13 with 2071 viewsfitzochris

BBM Signings on 16:16 - Jan 13 by DareToCalvin

When you think of the budget BBM apparently had to work with, and given the joke of the injury crisis we've suffered, any talk of wanting him out is absolutely ridiculous. Every signing apart from Pyke and Magloire (due to injury) are all brilliant players and contribute much to the team, even Lynch who is probably the best backup keeper we've had for a while. He's doing a brilliant job, and I hope we can push up the table now players are getting back to full fitness.

BBM’s signings have been very good but, in all honesty, he needed more. He needed the summer to ensure a fresh start but the budget wouldn’t allow it.

Still, we’re not in the relegation zone and that’s after going through a horrendous spell of injuries, so that’s a reason to be optimistic.

BBM Signings on 17:41 - Jan 13 with 2039 viewsSaxonDale

I'd go as far as saying with the exception of Done and Pyke, every signing/ contract renewal BBM has made has been the right call. It's a real shame that we had the woeful injury record we've had as a team of:
Sanchez
McLaughlin McShane O'Connell Norrington- Davies
Dooley Ryan Camps Rathbone
Wilbraham Henderson
Is probably not far off top 6 standard, and you could argue in the right positions we could even afford a few injuries and keep a very strong team. I'd like to think that IF we stay up and use the wages of Andrew and Lillis etc wisely we won't be in this position this time next year.
BBM Signings on 18:56 - Jan 13 with 1859 viewsisitme

BBM Signings on 17:34 - Jan 13 by fitzochris

BBM’s signings have been very good but, in all honesty, he needed more. He needed the summer to ensure a fresh start but the budget wouldn’t allow it.

Still, we’re not in the relegation zone and that’s after going through a horrendous spell of injuries, so that’s a reason to be optimistic.

Maybe with the amount of players out of contract he might get a chance next season. Could getting Hill and Beech off the wage bill help with the budget for next season?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024