Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Chadwick 08:55 - May 19 with 3993 viewsBigDaveMyCock

What a wonderfully magnanimous chap. BBC showed some of the clips from the show on the news and I was surprised at how cruel and unnecessarily nasty the ridicule was, it was nothing short of bullying. The poor kid was 18. Hancock, to his credit, apologised and looked genuinely humbled and remorseful.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/52700966
[Post edited 19 May 2020 9:55]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Luke Chadwick on 09:26 - May 19 with 3938 viewsncfc_chalky

I used to love They Think That Its Over and can remember the Luke Chadwick jokes and don't remember being appalled by them at the time and probably laughed along,the trouble is you are detached from whoever it is being ridiculed and so you don't feel their pain,Hancock was employed to be funny and if the audience was laughing then he would carry on,as each decade passes we have different perspectives on things from the decade before,I'm taking it that the BBC didn't mind filming and showing Hancock doing the jokes at the time otherwise he would have been told to stop
[Post edited 19 May 2020 9:28]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Luke Chadwick on 09:40 - May 19 with 3913 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Luke Chadwick on 09:26 - May 19 by ncfc_chalky

I used to love They Think That Its Over and can remember the Luke Chadwick jokes and don't remember being appalled by them at the time and probably laughed along,the trouble is you are detached from whoever it is being ridiculed and so you don't feel their pain,Hancock was employed to be funny and if the audience was laughing then he would carry on,as each decade passes we have different perspectives on things from the decade before,I'm taking it that the BBC didn't mind filming and showing Hancock doing the jokes at the time otherwise he would have been told to stop
[Post edited 19 May 2020 9:28]

Absolutely, I don’t think the BBC are trying to absolve themselves here.

Luke Chadwick on 09:42 - May 19 with 3906 viewsSaxonDale

Judging by that video Hancock seems stuck in the past. Poor calendar jokes aside, both spoke really well.
Luke Chadwick on 09:49 - May 19 with 3883 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Luke Chadwick on 09:42 - May 19 by SaxonDale

Judging by that video Hancock seems stuck in the past. Poor calendar jokes aside, both spoke really well.

I noticed that (April). Hancock’s clearly thought a lot about it and he made a good point about how he’d feel if his own children had been exposed to similar bullying.

Luke Chadwick on 12:13 - May 19 with 3748 viewsrod_leach

I remember it well. I was appalled at the time and wrote a letter of complaint to the BBC. Never heard anything back. I've never found making fun of someone's looks funny in the least.
Luke Chadwick on 12:25 - May 19 with 3739 viewsLaveritty

In my view the cruellest example of the 'banter' in that show was the vile abuse heaped upon Fatima Whitbread. I remember being shocked at the time that the BBC could allow such vitriol to be broadcast.

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Luke Chadwick on 12:36 - May 19 with 3723 viewsncfc_chalky

Luke Chadwick on 12:25 - May 19 by Laveritty

In my view the cruellest example of the 'banter' in that show was the vile abuse heaped upon Fatima Whitbread. I remember being shocked at the time that the BBC could allow such vitriol to be broadcast.

Yes I agree,I can remember there being cruel remarks about her as well (was it on TTIAO?) which makes me wonder why I didn't mind Lukes looks being made fun of but I did Fatimas?

Luke Chadwick on 12:53 - May 19 with 3701 viewsSuddenLad

There were other examples of humiliation, Peter Beardsley often compared to Quasimodo and the like. Jason Lee and the 'pineapple on his head'. He complained about it, but it made no difference. Curiously at the same time, BBC panel show hosts and guests were banned from making any reference to, or mocking Peter Mandelson.

It's still around, but mainly directed at public figures these days, who seem to be 'fair game'. The amount of personal abuse that Diane Abbott (for example) has received in recent years is incredible.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Chadwick on 13:33 - May 19 with 3647 viewsrochdaleriddler

Luke Chadwick on 12:53 - May 19 by SuddenLad

There were other examples of humiliation, Peter Beardsley often compared to Quasimodo and the like. Jason Lee and the 'pineapple on his head'. He complained about it, but it made no difference. Curiously at the same time, BBC panel show hosts and guests were banned from making any reference to, or mocking Peter Mandelson.

It's still around, but mainly directed at public figures these days, who seem to be 'fair game'. The amount of personal abuse that Diane Abbott (for example) has received in recent years is incredible.

The Jason Lee pineapple thing was Baddiel and Skinner, I must admit I used to find it funny, and didn’t really think about the impact taking the piss out of someone appearance must have on their mental health.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Luke Chadwick on 13:41 - May 19 with 3618 viewsD_Alien

Luke Chadwick on 13:33 - May 19 by rochdaleriddler

The Jason Lee pineapple thing was Baddiel and Skinner, I must admit I used to find it funny, and didn’t really think about the impact taking the piss out of someone appearance must have on their mental health.

There has to be a limit to this though. All power to Jason Lee for making his appearance as he saw fit, but without question there has to be an element of "look-at-me" involved, and the limit should certainly be drawn with those whose appearance is mocked without any ability to create it themselves

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Luke Chadwick on 16:44 - May 19 with 3468 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well said, the guy comes across very well and in fairness to Nick Hancock, so does he!

Picking on him, Jason Lee, Beardsley etc would not happen now ( unless your baby Fred, but he seems to lap it up and not care)

Others do deserve levels of criticism, Boris for his numerous affairs/kids/ineptitude, trump for being a moron in anything but economic stuff, Abbott for being a racist, etc.

People get criticised if your in the public eye, some rightly and some wrongly, the abuse piers Morgan gets is probably beyond anyone, Megan manipulating anyone who will listen is not far behind.

Luke did not deserve the grief he got, but some who love and manipulate the press and publicity and then moan like hell when the press turn on them, generally deserve all they get, if they are in the wrong!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Luke Chadwick on 17:57 - May 19 with 3394 viewsrochdaleriddler

Luke Chadwick on 13:41 - May 19 by D_Alien

There has to be a limit to this though. All power to Jason Lee for making his appearance as he saw fit, but without question there has to be an element of "look-at-me" involved, and the limit should certainly be drawn with those whose appearance is mocked without any ability to create it themselves

I was thinking of both the Chadwick and Lee stuff. For Lee Maybe there was, it’s not a style that white players could emulate!, he did say the stick from opposition fans did motivate him, but then he got fed up with it, but wouldn’t cut it off as some sort of act of defiance. I see he is nearly bald now.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Luke Chadwick on 02:33 - May 20 with 3231 viewsjokerthief

Luke Chadwick on 12:25 - May 19 by Laveritty

She did have a big fanny though, which is very much admired in some countries.
But some people in the Western culture, find it something they can ridicule.
As a lady, she came across very pleasant, and did win medals for G.B.
Luke Chadwick on 08:06 - May 20 with 3150 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Luke Chadwick on 16:44 - May 19 by Thacks_Rabbits

Well said, the guy comes across very well and in fairness to Nick Hancock, so does he!

Picking on him, Jason Lee, Beardsley etc would not happen now ( unless your baby Fred, but he seems to lap it up and not care)

Others do deserve levels of criticism, Boris for his numerous affairs/kids/ineptitude, trump for being a moron in anything but economic stuff, Abbott for being a racist, etc.

People get criticised if your in the public eye, some rightly and some wrongly, the abuse piers Morgan gets is probably beyond anyone, Megan manipulating anyone who will listen is not far behind.

Luke did not deserve the grief he got, but some who love and manipulate the press and publicity and then moan like hell when the press turn on them, generally deserve all they get, if they are in the wrong!

Agree, anyone who refers to people as piccaninnies or bum boys, for example, has got to accept whatever comes their way. Also, if you’re going to make a career out of extolling the virtues of family values when you yourself are putting it about everywhere then you’re fair game as far as I’m concerned. If politicians ridicule each other for gain they cannot complain when they themselves are ridiculed.
The Chadwick thing is very different. He genuinely didn’t deserve it.
[Post edited 20 May 2020 8:07]

Luke Chadwick on 08:42 - May 20 with 3119 viewsD_Alien

Just in case this thread is taken on an entirely different tack, it's as well to remember that the issue here is being ridiculed for one's appearance, especially where one has no control over it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Luke Chadwick on 08:48 - May 20 with 3108 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Luke Chadwick on 08:42 - May 20 by D_Alien

Just in case this thread is taken on an entirely different tack, it's as well to remember that the issue here is being ridiculed for one's appearance, especially where one has no control over it

Big fanny.
Is that the post you’re referring to?
[Post edited 20 May 2020 13:42]

Luke Chadwick on 09:55 - May 20 with 3062 viewsncfc_chalky

Luke Chadwick on 02:33 - May 20 by jokerthief

She had a big fanny?

I've been thinking about how I found Luke's abuse funny but was appalled by Fatimas and it's probably down to him being a footballer,it's almost a right to chant abuse to opposition players and only in the past ten years that it's been in the spotlight,as for haircuts (or the lack of one ) Kevin Bartlet used to love the chant about his bald bonce but I bet that it would be deemed racist now

He's Kevin B,of Notts County
He's Kevin B of Notts County
He's got a head like a malteser
Oh Kevin B of Notts County
[Post edited 20 May 2020 10:00]

Luke Chadwick on 11:55 - May 20 with 3006 viewsLaveritty

Luke Chadwick on 02:33 - May 20 by jokerthief

?

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Luke Chadwick on 12:09 - May 20 with 2980 viewsjudd

Luke Chadwick on 11:55 - May 20 by Laveritty

?

I could be wrong but I think the fanny reference is the American term for backside.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Luke Chadwick on 13:41 - May 20 with 2915 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Luke Chadwick on 08:42 - May 20 by D_Alien

Massive arse.
Is what he was referring to.

Luke Chadwick on 14:05 - May 20 with 2879 viewsSaxonDale

Luke Chadwick on 12:09 - May 20 by judd

I could be wrong but I think the fanny reference is the American term for backside.

Luke Chadwick on 14:25 - May 20 with 2858 viewsdalefertcup2

Luke Chadwick on 14:05 - May 20 by SaxonDale

……..never enjoyed a scotch egg in the same way since watching that...….
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024