Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale Home Programmes 15:35 - May 12 with 4177 views48robbo

Hi There, I am a supporter of Workington Reds who used to be in the Football League from 1951/52 until 1976/77. So, it's a long time since I have had the chance to re-visit Spotland.
I have nearly all of Workington’s Home and Away Programmes, but I am having great difficulty being able to obtain some of the Fixtures at Rochdale…………

I was wondering if any of you Rochdale fans might be able to help me get any of the following three Programmes : -

1956-57 ROCHDALE v WORKINGTON 1st September 1956

1957-58 ROCHDALE v WORKINGTON 31st August 1957

1962-63. ROCHDALE v WORKINGTON. 25th August 1962

If any Rochdale supporters are in possession of any of these and are willing to sell them to me I would be grateful.
Many Thanks, Keith Robinson
[Post edited 12 May 2020 15:39]
Rochdale Home Programmes on 16:01 - May 12 with 3013 viewsTVOS1907

Hi Keith

Spares/unwanted issues from that era are very difficult to come by, but you might be lucky with someone who is downsizing their collection.

Failing that, 100569 might be able to help.

If none of that works, when football restarts and when we are re-issuing programmes again, if you send an email to rochdale_programme@hotmail.com, I can stick something in our current issues as that will reach a more specific audience.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale Home Programmes (n/t) on 16:04 - May 12 with 3011 views48robbo

Rochdale Home Programmes on 16:01 - May 12 by TVOS1907

Hi Keith

Spares/unwanted issues from that era are very difficult to come by, but you might be lucky with someone who is downsizing their collection.

Failing that, 100569 might be able to help.

If none of that works, when football restarts and when we are re-issuing programmes again, if you send an email to rochdale_programme@hotmail.com, I can stick something in our current issues as that will reach a more specific audience.

Rochdale Home Programmes (n/t) on 16:07 - May 12 with 3003 views48robbo

Rochdale Home Programmes (n/t) on 16:04 - May 12 by 48robbo

Many Thanks for that. Yes, I live in hope and hope that there's some out there! But more than that I hope we can all get back to normality soon. Cheers again and I will take your advice, Keith
Rochdale Home Programmes on 18:05 - May 12 with 2889 viewsSalegraham

Remember going to your place with my old man in the sixties,cold old place. Hope your stream went/is to go well v Liverpool, a good idea to raise funds for the club. Get yourselves back in the league, we need more northern clubs !!
Rochdale Home Programmes on 18:23 - May 12 with 2876 viewsblackdogblue

Rochdale Home Programmes on 18:05 - May 12 by Salegraham

Remember going to your place with my old man in the sixties,cold old place. Hope your stream went/is to go well v Liverpool, a good idea to raise funds for the club. Get yourselves back in the league, we need more northern clubs !!

A long shot I know, but any Rochdale programme from that era may give a clue to who printed them, if they are still going they may have archives?

Good luck in your quest 👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Rochdale Home Programmes on 19:01 - May 12 with 2838 views48robbo

Rochdale Home Programmes on 18:05 - May 12 by Salegraham

Hi Salegraham, it is a northern outpost and a trek in the winter. But we have a long journey every other week. Yes they are re-enacting our famous match on Facebook against Manchester United when we played them in the FA Cup (4th Jan '58) just prior to the Munich air disaster and so it 'was' against the Busby babes.
They are hoping a significant number of people tune in on Sat May 30th for £2 but I doubt they will get anywhere near the 21,000 who actually went to the game. I 'Will' get down to Spotland when football resumes! Times are tough for non-league football and we can only dream of getting into the Conference- but I still get goosebumps going there! You wouldn't see a lot of change to Borough Park -the wooden upper tier of the Grandstand was removed after the awful fire at Bradford City 35 years ago (yesterday), but we do have concrete terracing and a beautiful playing surface.
Many Thank and Take Care
Rochdale Home Programmes on 19:07 - May 12 with 2830 views48robbo

Rochdale Home Programmes on 18:23 - May 12 by blackdogblue

A long shot I know, but any Rochdale programme from that era may give a clue to who printed them, if they are still going they may have archives?

Good luck in your quest 👍

Hi blackdogblue, Sorry I might have also commented on Salegraham's post, but Many Thanks for that idea about the Printers avenue. Many Thanks and Take Care
Rochdale Home Programmes on 19:19 - May 12 with 2815 viewsdale1968

Hi Brentside Programmes have the 62-3 Item £5 I am sure they will be able to assist?
Good Luck

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale Home Programmes on 20:50 - May 12 with 2765 viewspioneer

Note the dates of those programmes are all roughly the same. Programmes for midweek games around late Aug early September in the late 50s are particularly scarce because it coincided with local holidays and it has been indicated to me by an older supporter and collector that the printer was on holiday. In some seasons either a fullprogramme wasnt issued or if it was there were fewer produced. The Plymouth home game in 1958 is a notably scarce item.

I have five home programmes missing from my collection since 1955 and all are for games played during the august bank holiday period(including the two 1950s game you mention).

Good luck with your search.
Rochdale Home Programmes on 20:57 - May 12 with 2760 views48robbo

Rochdale Home Programmes on 19:19 - May 12 by dale1968

Hi Brentside Programmes have the 62-3 Item £5 I am sure they will be able to assist?
Good Luck

Hi dale1968, Many Thanks for that. It was unfortunately for the game at Workington. They have none of the Rochdale ones, but a great try! Again ta' because I was unaware of Brentside Programmes.
Best Wishes and Take Care,
Keith
Rochdale Home Programmes on 21:01 - May 12 with 2755 views48robbo

Rochdale Home Programmes on 20:50 - May 12 by pioneer

Note the dates of those programmes are all roughly the same. Programmes for midweek games around late Aug early September in the late 50s are particularly scarce because it coincided with local holidays and it has been indicated to me by an older supporter and collector that the printer was on holiday. In some seasons either a fullprogramme wasnt issued or if it was there were fewer produced. The Plymouth home game in 1958 is a notably scarce item.

I have five home programmes missing from my collection since 1955 and all are for games played during the august bank holiday period(including the two 1950s game you mention).

Many Thanks pioneer, yes I have been after them for so long that I fear you may be correct.
Cheers again and Best Wishes.
Rochdale Home Programmes on 21:18 - May 12 with 2715 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Home Programmes on 21:01 - May 12 by 48robbo

Many Thanks pioneer, yes I have been after them for so long that I fear you may be correct.
Cheers again and Best Wishes.

The August 1962 'programme' exists, but is unfortunately just a single sheet for the reasons stated by pioneer. I'm looking at it now.

If you email me on rochdale_programme@hotmail.com, I can send you a scan so at least you know what you're looking for.

And just to save you a wild goose chase elsewhere, the printers from that era are now long gone and they wouldn't keep copies anyway.

Rochdale Home Programmes on 21:26 - May 12 with 2700 viewsNigeriamark

That's some collection Pioneer. How many programmes will that be? ( less 5!!). Is it only league games?
Rochdale Home Programmes on 21:43 - May 12 with 2686 viewspioneer

Rochdale Home Programmes on 21:26 - May 12 by Nigeriamark

That's some collection Pioneer. How many programmes will that be? ( less 5!!). Is it only league games?

Home and away, cup and league andfriendlies. In addition to the 5 home games I have 7 gaps in the aways.

Got many more prior to that date but the gaps start to get bigger!

I cannot vouch for having all postponed games, only for the ones played. Same with some friendlies.

Never counted but I suppose if you start at 50 per season x 65 seasons thats about 1300. storage is always a challenge, as is moving house! And although the bigger and thicker programmes of the last 20 years provide great reads they take up much more space.
Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:09 - May 12 with 2667 views48robbo

Rochdale Home Programmes on 21:18 - May 12 by TVOS1907

The August 1962 'programme' exists, but is unfortunately just a single sheet for the reasons stated by pioneer. I'm looking at it now.

If you email me on rochdale_programme@hotmail.com, I can send you a scan so at least you know what you're looking for.

And just to save you a wild goose chase elsewhere, the printers from that era are now long gone and they wouldn't keep copies anyway.

Hi There, TVOS1907,
As you kindly suggested, I have sent you an Email.
Many Thanks, Keith
Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:14 - May 12 with 2650 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:09 - May 12 by 48robbo

Hi There, TVOS1907,
As you kindly suggested, I have sent you an Email.
Many Thanks, Keith

Replied

Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:33 - May 12 with 2637 viewspioneer

Rochdale Home Programmes on 21:43 - May 12 by pioneer

Home and away, cup and league andfriendlies. In addition to the 5 home games I have 7 gaps in the aways.

Got many more prior to that date but the gaps start to get bigger!

I cannot vouch for having all postponed games, only for the ones played. Same with some friendlies.

Never counted but I suppose if you start at 50 per season x 65 seasons thats about 1300. storage is always a challenge, as is moving house! And although the bigger and thicker programmes of the last 20 years provide great reads they take up much more space.

dont know what happened to my maths... i thought number seemed a bit small when i thought about where i store them...should be 3250!

OK i wont ever apply to go on countdown.
Rochdale Home Programmes on 19:42 - May 14 with 2404 viewsblackdogblue

Rochdale Home Programmes on 21:18 - May 12 by TVOS1907

Was just trying to be helpful 😢

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Rochdale Home Programmes on 15:07 - May 15 with 2279 viewsRAFC1970

Hi,
just out of interest what are the 5 programmes you are missing??
Was there a programme for Plymouth 58??
Rochdale Home Programmes on 21:21 - May 15 with 2191 viewspioneer

Rochdale Home Programmes on 15:07 - May 15 by RAFC1970

Hi,
just out of interest what are the 5 programmes you are missing??
Was there a programme for Plymouth 58??

The two workington games mentioned and the plymouth game (25 aug 58) as well as

millwall (27 aug 59)
barrow (18 aug 56)

See the pattern?

There was a programme for the plymouth game...i know someone who hasit (or had it) and a copy appeared on e bay a few years ago.
Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:45 - May 15 with 2144 viewsRAFC1970

Rochdale Home Programmes on 21:21 - May 15 by pioneer

The two workington games mentioned and the plymouth game (25 aug 58) as well as

millwall (27 aug 59)
barrow (18 aug 56)

See the pattern?

There was a programme for the plymouth game...i know someone who hasit (or had it) and a copy appeared on e bay a few years ago.

Yes I see the pattern now.
I never looked at it that way.
I need the three Workington games!!
Always had the Plymouth 58 game down as a no programme..
Is there anything for Preston Lancs Cup and Select XI 58/9
I've got the Millwall and Barrow programmes..
Rochdale Home Programmes on 23:08 - May 15 with 2120 viewspioneer

Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:45 - May 15 by RAFC1970

I dont have anything for either of those games. Very difficult establishing if programmes were issued for those types of games. I have lancs senior cup games throughout 1960s .

Also got programmes for mid season floodlit friendliy games when floodlights were first installed in mid 50s and the half/half games with Hornets.

There is a retired Dale fan down in Kent, dont know if he comes on here, but he was the first to confirm to me the existence of the plymouth programme.

Also found a collector in Buffalo, New York, another exile and fellow Bills fan! You can take the boy out of Rochdale but.......
Rochdale Home Programmes on 11:40 - May 16 with 2005 views100569

Rochdale Home Programmes on 22:45 - May 15 by RAFC1970

I always knew that Plymouth existed too but have never seen it. Likewise I do not have the Preston games either. Another I don't have from that season and have never seen it in all my decades collecting is the final game of the season 27th April Brentford at home if that can be confirmed for me I would be grateful.
Rochdale Home Programmes on 11:43 - May 16 with 1999 views100569

For Robbo`s info all those programmes exist
Rochdale Home Programmes on 13:11 - May 16 with 1954 viewsBuckTheTrend

Rochdale Home Programmes on 11:40 - May 16 by 100569

I always knew that Plymouth existed too but have never seen it. Likewise I do not have the Preston games either. Another I don't have from that season and have never seen it in all my decades collecting is the final game of the season 27th April Brentford at home if that can be confirmed for me I would be grateful.

The Brentford programme does exist - I have a copy in my collection.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024