Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turnstiles 19:17 - Jul 14 with 3315 viewslyberoc

I have yet to get my season card , the reason being , with all the electronic bar code reading magic installed in the turnstiles , have they become any smaller ?
Pre covid I had a ST for the Sandy but only one of the turnstiles allowed a portly gentleman like me through , the others were just too narrow . Now that I,ve piled the pounds on through lockdown I,m a bit dubious as to being able to get through any of the turnstiles
What do other portly people do?
Are the turnstiles in the Pearl st any wider?
It,s a serious question , I,ve been watching Dale since the mid 60,s and would hate to have to give up now because of my girth
Turnstiles on 19:37 - Jul 14 with 3232 viewsDalenet

They have always been a tight squeeze for the larger man. Have you thought about buying a ticket for Saturday. You can then road test the bar code entry and see if you still fit before you buy a season card. Try before you buy!. Regardless they have the option to open the gates for wheelchair users and I am sure they would for you if it was necessary. We can't afford to lose any more fans
Turnstiles on 19:45 - Jul 14 with 3210 viewsblackdogblue

I can think of another portly gentleman who goes in the Sandy

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Turnstiles on 20:03 - Jul 14 with 3151 viewsncfc_chalky

Tripe n black puddings are very fattening tbf

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Turnstiles on 20:37 - Jul 14 with 3060 viewsblackdogblue

Turnstiles on 20:03 - Jul 14 by ncfc_chalky

Tripe n black puddings are very fattening tbf

Thought you might be keeping a low profile tbf after your drumming on the prediction league

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Turnstiles on 22:13 - Jul 14 with 2899 viewsMoonyDale

I hve the same problem, season before last I just could not use the Sandy turnstiles coz i'm a big lad, even fookin bigger after lockdown...I just used the gates at the Sandy next to the pub without any hassle, just handed my ticket in once inside the ground, now with the season cards am unsure how it will work...I was going up tomorrow to get my season card but I'll mail the club in the morning to see what they say...Time for a diet I reckon....salad anyone?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Turnstiles on 18:36 - Jul 15 with 2437 viewsMoonyDale

Mailed the club today and had a quick reply, pasted below....

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for taking the time to email in. I'm sure we can come up with a solution to this specific problem. I will discuss the best approach with the relevant staff, but please be assured that there won't be any issue with you getting on to the terrace for the season ahead.

Kind regards,

Very fast response well done the club, am liking this new approach and it bodes well for the future.....

Turnstiles on 14:45 - Jul 16 with 2193 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Turnstiles on 18:36 - Jul 15 by MoonyDale

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for taking the time to email in. I'm sure we can come up with a solution to this specific problem. I will discuss the best approach with the relevant staff, but please be assured that there won't be any issue with you getting on to the terrace for the season ahead.

Kind regards,

Very fast response well done the club, am liking this new approach and it bodes well for the future.....

Moony,

Have you considered the Willbutts Lane Stand.....it's open tomorrow and might have slightly more modern entrances than the Sandy.

Worth a try....great view too
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 15:03]
Turnstiles on 15:49 - Jul 16 with 2095 viewsMoonyDale

Turnstiles on 14:45 - Jul 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

Moony,

Have you considered the Willbutts Lane Stand.....it's open tomorrow and might have slightly more modern entrances than the Sandy.

Worth a try....great view too
[Post edited 16 Jul 2021 15:03]

I have tried the other stands but due to my spinal injury I cannot sit at games , well I could but wouldn't be able to walk back out of the ground haha, there's a very accommodating barrier behind the goal in the Sandy which provides support and although painful after an hour or so it's bearable......

Login to get fewer ads

Turnstiles on 16:11 - Jul 16 with 2056 viewsjudd

Turnstiles on 18:36 - Jul 15 by MoonyDale

Hi Paul,

Kind regards,

Superb. Simply superb.

Last season would have been "how can we get more money out of you and inconvenience you further "

Poll: What is it to be then?

Turnstiles on 17:24 - Jul 16 with 1958 viewsncfc_chalky

Turnstiles on 20:37 - Jul 14 by blackdogblue

Thought you might be keeping a low profile tbf after your drumming on the prediction league

And I thought that I had put you on ignore?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Turnstiles on 19:40 - Jul 19 with 1456 viewsBendy

I had this on Saturday. No problem at all as there was a steward outside the gate with a handheld device to scan the ticket to confirm validity and let you through
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024