Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
olympic football - England 23:04 - Jul 26 with 615 viewsRoChDaLe

victor moses
phil jones
gareth bale
jordan henderson

4 players who should be in squad and i do realise that the FA said no players who went to the euros in the squad but why when phil jones didn't play a minute and henderson played about 30 minutes maxiumum.

why victor moses isn't in there i dont know is he not english or something because im pretty certain hes played u21 level!

the saga about gareth bale is absolute nonsense and just puts shame on Great Britain football!

how is anthony elding still in league one?

olympic football - England on 23:07 - Jul 26 with 610 views442Dale

Jordan Henderson?

We've got a Jordan who's not even as bad as him.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

olympic football - England on 23:16 - Jul 26 with 584 viewsTVOS1907

And Bale is Welsh.

Or English? Or Great British? Or summat.

I'll check with the teamsheet, erm, squad list.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

olympic football - England on 07:06 - Jul 27 with 500 viewsphomem

Didnt bale quit the squad with an injury and then play in spurs friendly match anyway
olympic football - England on 07:15 - Jul 27 with 494 viewsheywooddale

Victor Moses has played at full Nigerian International level so that would explain his absense
olympic football - England on 09:27 - Jul 27 with 410 viewspioneer

olympic football - England on 23:16 - Jul 26 by TVOS1907

And Bale is Welsh.

Or English? Or Great British? Or summat.

I'll check with the teamsheet, erm, squad list.

Yes they do seem to tie themselves in knots on the nationality issue.

The team that participates at the olympics represents United Kingdom (that consists of GB and NI as well as IOM and channel Islands) - thats the nation. Rather silly that each player is listed in the programme with their 'nationality' as England, Wales etc.

I wonder if that wonderful irish athelete Mary Peters (1972 - gold medallist) saw herself as British?

Not sure why we have to be wearing that hideous strip instead of following the lead of the Lions and wearing red shirts, white shorts with blue and green socks.

olympic football - England on 09:34 - Jul 27 with 403 viewsSuddenLad

olympic football - England on 09:27 - Jul 27 by pioneer

Yes they do seem to tie themselves in knots on the nationality issue.

The team that participates at the olympics represents United Kingdom (that consists of GB and NI as well as IOM and channel Islands) - thats the nation. Rather silly that each player is listed in the programme with their 'nationality' as England, Wales etc.

I wonder if that wonderful irish athelete Mary Peters (1972 - gold medallist) saw herself as British?

Not sure why we have to be wearing that hideous strip instead of following the lead of the Lions and wearing red shirts, white shorts with blue and green socks.

"Not sure why we have to be wearing that hideous strip instead of following the lead of the Lions and wearing red shirts, white shorts with blue and green socks".

........Probably it would be 'too representative' of the Welsh strip.

Something entirely different was always going to be required so that there was no confusion with a single home-nation kit.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

olympic football - England on 10:00 - Jul 27 with 376 viewsD_Alien

The one thing that emerges from last night's game is that Pearce's argument that the squad was selected on merit - and thus omitting David Beckham - is a complete falsehood.

Beckham would have added hugely to the entertainment value, possibly starting on the bench.

Pearce's comment today that the olympic opening ceremony might help inspire the squad - erm... so they need inspiration then, Stuart? What crap!

IMO the sole reason for his omission was that it would have taken the spotlight off Pearce himself. Some of the younger lads would have been looking to Becks for inspiration, and IMO he would have provided it.

I understand others may beg to differ on this.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

olympic football - England on 10:08 - Jul 27 with 361 viewsSuddenLad

olympic football - England on 10:00 - Jul 27 by D_Alien

The one thing that emerges from last night's game is that Pearce's argument that the squad was selected on merit - and thus omitting David Beckham - is a complete falsehood.

Beckham would have added hugely to the entertainment value, possibly starting on the bench.

Pearce's comment today that the olympic opening ceremony might help inspire the squad - erm... so they need inspiration then, Stuart? What crap!

IMO the sole reason for his omission was that it would have taken the spotlight off Pearce himself. Some of the younger lads would have been looking to Becks for inspiration, and IMO he would have provided it.

I understand others may beg to differ on this.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

You may well be right, but I think the media circus that surrounds Beckham would have had an adverse affect on the less experienced members of the squad and of late, Beckham has 'milked' the publicity for all he can as he enters the twilight of his career.

It's time for new blood, and the selected squad win or lose without Beckham and the accompanying entourage.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

olympic football - England on 10:20 - Jul 27 with 349 viewsD_Alien

olympic football - England on 10:08 - Jul 27 by SuddenLad

You may well be right, but I think the media circus that surrounds Beckham would have had an adverse affect on the less experienced members of the squad and of late, Beckham has 'milked' the publicity for all he can as he enters the twilight of his career.

It's time for new blood, and the selected squad win or lose without Beckham and the accompanying entourage.

But as a "one-off" squad, with no developmental element going into the future, the argument about "new blood" makes no sense whatsoever, otherwise I'd agree.

Danny Rose & whoever Sordell are not the future of international football.

I guess the point I'm making is that Pearce wasn't big enough to accommodate Beckham, not that Beckham wasn't right for this squad and this tournament.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

olympic football - England on 10:53 - Jul 27 with 320 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

olympic football - England on 10:20 - Jul 27 by D_Alien

But as a "one-off" squad, with no developmental element going into the future, the argument about "new blood" makes no sense whatsoever, otherwise I'd agree.

Danny Rose & whoever Sordell are not the future of international football.

I guess the point I'm making is that Pearce wasn't big enough to accommodate Beckham, not that Beckham wasn't right for this squad and this tournament.

Richards is to blame for Becks not making the team all because he refused standby for Team GB and whats really winding me up is he's left Jordan Rhodes in standby after an amazing season at Huddersfield Town i'd of had him in that GB

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024