Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got in car 17:22 - Dec 15 with 1329 viewsColDale

It's gone very cold.

Today was poor. Very poor. Others might disagree but we were never in the game today and any result never looked likely. Aldershot were a poor team but ran themselves into the ground and were worthy winners.

Even at 3-2, they always seemed more likely to score and the lack of usual faces amongst the 122 away fans tells its own story.

I expected a reaction today. We got one.
Just got in car on 17:24 - Dec 15 with 1283 viewsRalphs12

This worries me, normally you're the calming influence. For you to be saying its going abit arse about face makes me want to kick my cat.
Just got in car on 17:25 - Dec 15 with 1259 views442Dale

Indeed. Today was the day for the players to illustrate how the last week has brought them closer together for the good of the team.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got in car on 17:29 - Dec 15 with 1214 viewsThe_DJ

Still think we have no concerns about getting 50 points Col ?
Just got in car on 17:42 - Dec 15 with 1126 viewsphomem

It was inept today the first half was totally devoid of anything positive. George Donnelly was a complete waste of space. Second half saw an early goal but we didn't test the keeper again. Absolutely dire should make some interesting conversations Monday
Just got in car on 18:03 - Dec 15 with 1026 viewssoulboy

The position we find ouselves in is of no real surprise. We have a manger who has signed players that sre simply not good enough (as an example Donnelly not retained by either Stockport or Macc), refusal to play with any kind of width and the selection of certain players no matter how dire they are. Add to this we have a captain that was done for betting against his own team. If JC and the rest of this depressng shower do get sacked i shudder to think who the board will appoint given the farce of the last 18 months. To say things are grim is a massive understatment
Just got in car on 18:08 - Dec 15 with 989 viewsSaxonDale

Just got in car on 18:03 - Dec 15 by soulboy

The position we find ouselves in is of no real surprise. We have a manger who has signed players that sre simply not good enough (as an example Donnelly not retained by either Stockport or Macc), refusal to play with any kind of width and the selection of certain players no matter how dire they are. Add to this we have a captain that was done for betting against his own team. If JC and the rest of this depressng shower do get sacked i shudder to think who the board will appoint given the farce of the last 18 months. To say things are grim is a massive understatment

In hindsight Coleman's recruitment process has been incredibly poor. He desperately needs to sort the defence out and it worries me that its now 3 games in a row where we have been shown to be defensively inept, many good managers could adjust that after 1 game. i could easily excuse where we were in the league if we were playing good football and looking disciplined with a clear plan in place, the problem is that all of this is lacking. Coleman will have his work cut out Monday.
Just got in car on 08:55 - Dec 16 with 640 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

From your opening line Col I'd assumed you were posting as Alan Bennett!

Worrying times though. Having heard from a few 'well kent faces'....who are generally the most optimistic of Dale souls, its looking bad.

Just got in car on 09:23 - Dec 16 with 589 views100569

I usually am forever optimistic and those that go to Dale with me know this. I dont like to knock my side. However, I went to Aldershot expecting them to re group and kick some backside. I couldn`t have been more wrong. The first half was as bad as the last three weeks. An improvement in the second and unlike col I thought we could have nicked the draw, especially if Dele had connected with a cross into the middle. We got done for there fourth by pushing forward to get a draw in my opinion. But, all said it was two poor teams out there. I think Lillis has cost us far too many games this season, I dont know what has happened to the defence but yesterday they hadn`t got a clue, midfield is just non-existant, Kennedy has had his worst month as long as he has been here and Tutte can`t do it all on his own because lets face it Cavanagh is worse than useless. Dele I feel did a job for us early in the season but now he is up there with Cavanagh (sorry Dele). Grimes I felt put a shift in yesterday with little or no help from anybody but then again none of our attackers had any help from anywhere. It was poor and these long trips cost hard earned money I don`t begrudge it if we lose and I have been entertained. I haven`t been and haven`t for a few weeks now. I was going to Bradford and making a day of it with my mates that wont be happening now. I sound depressed and am ranting on but I WONT give up on my team as some are. They need your support more than ever to get them out of this rut. I still think there is a nucleus of a good side there and it needs putting together properly.
Login to get fewer ads

Just got in car on 11:24 - Dec 16 with 493 viewsD_Alien

Just got in car on 09:23 - Dec 16 by 100569

I usually am forever optimistic and those that go to Dale with me know this. I dont like to knock my side. However, I went to Aldershot expecting them to re group and kick some backside. I couldn`t have been more wrong. The first half was as bad as the last three weeks. An improvement in the second and unlike col I thought we could have nicked the draw, especially if Dele had connected with a cross into the middle. We got done for there fourth by pushing forward to get a draw in my opinion. But, all said it was two poor teams out there. I think Lillis has cost us far too many games this season, I dont know what has happened to the defence but yesterday they hadn`t got a clue, midfield is just non-existant, Kennedy has had his worst month as long as he has been here and Tutte can`t do it all on his own because lets face it Cavanagh is worse than useless. Dele I feel did a job for us early in the season but now he is up there with Cavanagh (sorry Dele). Grimes I felt put a shift in yesterday with little or no help from anybody but then again none of our attackers had any help from anywhere. It was poor and these long trips cost hard earned money I don`t begrudge it if we lose and I have been entertained. I haven`t been and haven`t for a few weeks now. I was going to Bradford and making a day of it with my mates that wont be happening now. I sound depressed and am ranting on but I WONT give up on my team as some are. They need your support more than ever to get them out of this rut. I still think there is a nucleus of a good side there and it needs putting together properly.

That's as good an analysis of our current situation as I've read.

I too, after looking forward to the Bradford trip, am considering giving it a miss; their form and ours points towards a humiliation. I sincerely hope Dale surprise me and Coleman starts to turn it around, but as each week goes by the slow conclusion being drawn is that his relative success at Accy isn't likely to be replicated with us. It's not yet time for final orders at his last chance saloon though.

The rebuilding process, commenced 11 months ago, clearly hasn't worked, and to his credit he acknowledges this himself. Whether he's got the werewithal and more importantly, the humility, to change his way of thinking at this stage in his career, is the moot question. Those souls making the trek to Spotland on Monday, rather than talking about this player or that, or this issue or that, need IMO to come away with a genuine sense that Coleman's capable of evolving from the dinosaur attitudes and tactics he evinces. If that happens, then there's hope. Its therefore a personal journey for him, just as it is and always has been for every single one of us Daleys.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just got in car on 11:37 - Dec 16 with 474 viewsColDale

Just got in car on 11:24 - Dec 16 by D_Alien

That's as good an analysis of our current situation as I've read.

I too, after looking forward to the Bradford trip, am considering giving it a miss; their form and ours points towards a humiliation. I sincerely hope Dale surprise me and Coleman starts to turn it around, but as each week goes by the slow conclusion being drawn is that his relative success at Accy isn't likely to be replicated with us. It's not yet time for final orders at his last chance saloon though.

The rebuilding process, commenced 11 months ago, clearly hasn't worked, and to his credit he acknowledges this himself. Whether he's got the werewithal and more importantly, the humility, to change his way of thinking at this stage in his career, is the moot question. Those souls making the trek to Spotland on Monday, rather than talking about this player or that, or this issue or that, need IMO to come away with a genuine sense that Coleman's capable of evolving from the dinosaur attitudes and tactics he evinces. If that happens, then there's hope. Its therefore a personal journey for him, just as it is and always has been for every single one of us Daleys.

My concern with the rebuilding is what happens when he misses out on his first choice signings? Up front, Grant and Gornell were always his first choice to be signed but whilst he eventually got his men, we pay a transfer fee for Donnelly and sign Adebola. With Kevin Long starring for Burnley yesterday, what was presumed to be close to a done deal, is now unlikely to go through so it will be back to square one in terms of sorting the defence out. I don't get the feeling that we get short lists together for player acquisition. It's more like first choice or a fill in.

Furthermore, would the board stretch the budget if the season looks dead and buried in January?
Just got in car on 11:45 - Dec 16 with 461 viewsMAlert

Oh dear this sounds bad, I didnt travel south yesterday and dont think I will bother Friday, call it a protest vote, its a shame Dunphy will blame the Xmas shopping for the low turn out. He is a clueless Admiral, leaving his ship in the carge of a hopeless Captain, dare I say pirate, with a band of vagabonds as his crew that are only interested in their pieces of silver and not the ship itself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024