Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police At The End Of The Match 19:40 - Apr 13 with 1363 viewsNinco

Why were the police lining up in front of the Sandy Lane end at the end of the match? Were they expecting a pitch invasion? I can understand it with Port Vale as there was a chance of promotion but why would we invade the pitch?

Also, what was going on with the fan they grabbed at the Sandy Lane end of the away stand? When they were celebrating their goal, they grabbed hold of a fan and pushed him towards the gate, and I thought they were chucking him out, but they seemed to put him against the wall, then were talking to him rather than ejecting him.
Police At The End Of The Match on 19:51 - Apr 13 with 1295 views442Dale

That was as good as admitting their fans were coming on the pitch, which is an offence, why didn't they all just stay in front of the away stand?

Unless they knew we were equalising and thought it could get a bit excitable.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Police At The End Of The Match on 19:52 - Apr 13 with 1280 viewsDaley_Lama

Because they applied common sense.

Poll: DF in or out

Police At The End Of The Match on 20:48 - Apr 13 with 1117 viewsMrsDale4life

Police At The End Of The Match on 19:51 - Apr 13 by 442Dale

That was as good as admitting their fans were coming on the pitch, which is an offence, why didn't they all just stay in front of the away stand?

Unless they knew we were equalising and thought it could get a bit excitable.

They were all around the pitch. I sit in the main stand with my husband in the disabled bay and we cound't see cos they were blocking our view . We asked them to move or squat down so we cound see but they just said they were trying to protect the Dale fans from the Port Vale Fans as they were going to invade the pitch, We did ask them to duck down so we could watch the match but they lookd at us as though we were mad and just ingonred us. My husband was n't impressed and was going mad at them. We eventually spoke to the policeman in charge and he explained that they were trying to protect us and i put my case forward about not being able to see and he asked three of them to crouch down which they did and i thanked him. Why they couldnt' do that in the first place beats me. My husband on the way homes said it spoiled the match a little for him which yeah it did too but enjoyed the game anyway
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Police At The End Of The Match on 20:52 - Apr 13 with 1087 viewsMoonyDale

Police At The End Of The Match on 20:48 - Apr 13 by MrsDale4life

They were all around the pitch. I sit in the main stand with my husband in the disabled bay and we cound't see cos they were blocking our view . We asked them to move or squat down so we cound see but they just said they were trying to protect the Dale fans from the Port Vale Fans as they were going to invade the pitch, We did ask them to duck down so we could watch the match but they lookd at us as though we were mad and just ingonred us. My husband was n't impressed and was going mad at them. We eventually spoke to the policeman in charge and he explained that they were trying to protect us and i put my case forward about not being able to see and he asked three of them to crouch down which they did and i thanked him. Why they couldnt' do that in the first place beats me. My husband on the way homes said it spoiled the match a little for him which yeah it did too but enjoyed the game anyway
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Have to say I thought the police did a brilliant job today, sorry to hear your view was impeded at the end though...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Police At The End Of The Match on 21:10 - Apr 13 with 1008 viewsmikehunt

Bet there were more police at t'Dale today than at Wembley.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024