Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays Highlights. 19:21 - Mar 25 with 3907 viewsdale1968

http://www.skysports.com/football/rochdale-vs-southend/340535

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Todays Highlights. on 20:12 - Mar 25 with 3686 viewsdingdangblue

Was that Jim McNulty or Cristiano Ronaldo?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Todays Highlights. on 09:33 - Mar 26 with 3308 viewsfitzochris

Yet again some real classy stuff on display there, especially that coming down the left channels. Confidence throughout the team is also in evidence with a willingness to shoot at any opportunity and from any range.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Todays Highlights. on 10:09 - Mar 26 with 3240 viewsD_Alien

Todays Highlights. on 09:33 - Mar 26 by fitzochris

Yet again some real classy stuff on display there, especially that coming down the left channels. Confidence throughout the team is also in evidence with a willingness to shoot at any opportunity and from any range.

That's what struck me about yesterday, the amount of shots we were firing in from all angles and ranges. Camps, Allen, Vincenti and Donaldo all having pot shots, and they start going in. Is it a change of policy? Has Holty had some input? Instead of trying to score the "perfect" goal, although we've got players who can still thread balls into the box when required, and add to this the earlier crosses from the wing which also paid off.

Mind you, the fans have been saying this for donkeys years!
[Post edited 26 Mar 2016 10:20]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Todays Highlights. on 10:22 - Mar 26 with 3187 viewsTalkingSutty

Todays Highlights. on 10:09 - Mar 26 by D_Alien

That's what struck me about yesterday, the amount of shots we were firing in from all angles and ranges. Camps, Allen, Vincenti and Donaldo all having pot shots, and they start going in. Is it a change of policy? Has Holty had some input? Instead of trying to score the "perfect" goal, although we've got players who can still thread balls into the box when required, and add to this the earlier crosses from the wing which also paid off.

Mind you, the fans have been saying this for donkeys years!
[Post edited 26 Mar 2016 10:20]

The players seemed to be playing in treacle earlier in the season. Confused and bogged down,no joy in their play. Like they had a specific job and they were frightened of going off plan or making a mistake.

Now we are just doing the basics getting into the oppositions faces and imposing our own game on them. Playing with no fear again??
[Post edited 26 Mar 2016 11:18]
Todays Highlights. on 10:43 - Mar 26 with 3121 viewsfitzochris

Todays Highlights. on 10:22 - Mar 26 by TalkingSutty

The players seemed to be playing in treacle earlier in the season. Confused and bogged down,no joy in their play. Like they had a specific job and they were frightened of going off plan or making a mistake.

Now we are just doing the basics getting into the oppositions faces and imposing our own game on them. Playing with no fear again??
[Post edited 26 Mar 2016 11:18]

Having not seen us play since the Chesterfield home defeat, my opinion probably doesn't carry much weight, but, yes, it seems like the minute Hilly knew we were safe from relegation he's given the players licence to express themselves.

As happened in his very first spell in charge, this approach brought promotion form (albeit we ran out of games that time).

What I will say, though, is that we knew this group of players had it in them (not all but most) as they played so well as a unit earlier in the season. Okay, so a rotation in existing personnel along the back line and the addition of Holt was needed, but it's effectively the same bunch.

I still expect some shuffling in the close season (the likes of TK, Alessandra and RNL seem to have run their course with us), but the core is there for another successful campaign next season.

Now, I just wish it'd hurry up and be April so I can come down for another bloody game!

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Todays Highlights. on 10:47 - Mar 26 with 3109 viewselectricblue

Crackin highlights...
That control by Vincenti in midfield and the shot was its self worthy of a goal..

And Bunney looks to have a bit of confidence aswell......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Todays Highlights. on 10:52 - Mar 26 with 3089 viewsBartRowou

Some people got all hot and bothered about the state of the pitch when it got sanded up but we're using it to our advantage (four solid wins out of four). It'll get reseeded in the summer but hopefully we won't be paying out fortunes to ensure a perfect surface from August to May as this only benefits both sides.

Similarly, with the change in defence and possibly because of the pitch, we've gone from knocking it around at the back aimlessly to knocking it forward quickly and creating havoc down the other end. It might not be the beautiful game but's it's exciting and more than half-decent.

Successful football does not have to be played on a bowling green type surface nor does it have to consist of thirty-pass moves across the pitch.

Long live the seventies.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Todays Highlights. on 12:47 - Mar 26 with 2900 viewslove_the_dale

I don't think Joe Bunney has been given enough credit for his goal. Great control of the pass, beats two men, runs in on goal, good first attempt, puts in the rebound. It would have been perfect if his first attempt had gone in, but hey he got his reward in the end. As has been said, he looks stronger, fitter and faster, and is playing with much more confidence in himself.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2016 11:59]
Login to get fewer ads

Todays Highlights. on 12:48 - Mar 26 with 2895 viewsrochedale

Todays Highlights. on 12:47 - Mar 26 by love_the_dale

I don't think Joe Bunney has been given enough credit for his goal. Great control of the pass, beats two men, runs in on goal, good first attempt, puts in the rebound. It would have been perfect if his first attempt had gone in, but hey he got his reward in the end. As has been said, he looks stronger, fitter and faster, and is playing with much more confidence in himself.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2016 11:59]

My exact thoughts

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Todays Highlights. on 13:01 - Mar 26 with 2860 viewsrobbowood

Todays Highlights. on 10:52 - Mar 26 by BartRowou

Some people got all hot and bothered about the state of the pitch when it got sanded up but we're using it to our advantage (four solid wins out of four). It'll get reseeded in the summer but hopefully we won't be paying out fortunes to ensure a perfect surface from August to May as this only benefits both sides.

Similarly, with the change in defence and possibly because of the pitch, we've gone from knocking it around at the back aimlessly to knocking it forward quickly and creating havoc down the other end. It might not be the beautiful game but's it's exciting and more than half-decent.

Successful football does not have to be played on a bowling green type surface nor does it have to consist of thirty-pass moves across the pitch.

Long live the seventies.

Teams had cottoned on to our tactic of passing it around to the back and tryign to play it through midfield - along with hitting high balls to the right wing for PV to head on.

Credit to Hilly for changing our tactics

I agree 'Long live the seventies' but what about the "W formation" in the sixties!!
Todays Highlights. on 13:56 - Mar 26 with 2739 viewsKenBoon

Todays Highlights. on 10:47 - Mar 26 by electricblue

Crackin highlights...
That control by Vincenti in midfield and the shot was its self worthy of a goal..

And Bunney looks to have a bit of confidence aswell......

From the Pearl Street End that looked in the moment it left his boot. It was the perfect "Shit. Did you see that? He must have a foot like a traction engine" shot. I assume the 'keeper saved it. Hell of a save if it was him and not a block.
Todays Highlights. on 15:17 - Mar 26 with 2634 viewsR17ALE

Todays Highlights. on 13:56 - Mar 26 by KenBoon

From the Pearl Street End that looked in the moment it left his boot. It was the perfect "Shit. Did you see that? He must have a foot like a traction engine" shot. I assume the 'keeper saved it. Hell of a save if it was him and not a block.

It was a save and he didn't have much time to react as it came through a forest of legs.

PV actually went up to the keeper to commend him on the save in the aftermath.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Todays Highlights. on 17:00 - Mar 26 with 2491 viewsdingdangblue

Todays Highlights. on 13:56 - Mar 26 by KenBoon

A bit like this goal.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Todays Highlights. on 10:08 - Mar 27 with 2302 viewsbatfink

Snippet from Southend forum

Thought the first half was pretty even and both teams played some good stuff but Rochdale started the second brightly and hit the bar from a cut-back from the left side which was a warning sign as two of the other three goals came from similar situations. Defending was poor for the goals although I thought Rochdale's finishing and shooting overall seemed quite good. It was refreshing to see a team take shots from outside the area when they get the chance.

4-1 was maybe a little harsh on us but Rochdale were certainly one of the best teams I've seen this season. Their number 12 McDermott was excellent and looked like making something happen every time he got the ball. Won't do individual ratings but yet again Payne was our stand-out player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024