Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Risk of postponement 20:01 - Sep 8 with 2407 viewsDuckers17

Good evening all. I'm a Rovers fan and looking forward to the game, however I've just seen the weather forecast for tonight and tomorrow and I'm concerned that there may be a postponement.It's forecast to rain heavily pretty much non-stop from now until 3:00pm tomorrow.

I did a quick Google search and discovered that your home game against Port Vale was postponed in February due to a water-logged pitch. You will presumably have a better understanding of the capabilities of your pitch and the drainage system and so I was wondering what people think the chances are of the game being on tomorrow in light of the forecast?

If does end up being postponed, I can imagine it being done quite late in the day given that it's a relatively local match. The problem for me is that I don't live in the northwest any more and so will already have started my 3.5 hr train journey by the point the decision is made which is precisely what happened when I travelled to Newport to watch us in the cup last season!

Thanks in advance for people's thoughts.
Risk of postponement on 20:03 - Sep 8 with 2395 viewsKnowlesy

I did wonder myself whether the game would be called off this morning when the rain was pretty cataclysmic. Since then, it's not been too bad all day.

The pitch is a lot better than it used to be but it just depends on what happens tonight.
Risk of postponement on 20:12 - Sep 8 with 2342 viewsTVOS1907

The Port Vale postponement was also a product of a newly-laid pitch that was only a few weeks old and hadn't bedded-in properly, particularly as it was also still the winter time.

Having said that, it's felt like winter this week!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Risk of postponement on 21:53 - Sep 8 with 2125 viewsrobtheb

It could rain all night and tomorrow morning, bet the sprinklers come on after pre match warm up!
Risk of postponement on 22:18 - Sep 8 with 2067 viewsscarrow

I'd be amazed if the game was postponed.

Poll: Final position

Risk of postponement on 23:12 - Sep 8 with 1944 viewsD_Alien

The forecast has been overly pessimistic

There was a heck of a downpour overnight last night, but longish dry spells today and it'd take something cataclysmic during the next 15/16 hours for the game to be in danger, and that's pretty unlikely

As others have said, the Port Vale postponement was due to an exceptional set of circumstances which no longer apply

Current local forecast is mainly dry from mid-morning with maybe the odd shower, pretty normal for this time of year

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Risk of postponement on 09:58 - Sep 9 with 1504 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale AFC
Rochdale AFC @officiallydale
MATCHDAY: For those asking, there's no pitch inspection planned. The pitch is fine 👍 #RAFC

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Risk of postponement on 13:34 - Sep 11 with 952 viewsSandyman

Horrendous amount of rain in Rochdale during the past 24 hours. Wonder how the pitch is coping ? Looked fine on Saturday.
Risk of postponement on 13:44 - Sep 11 with 910 viewsD_Alien

Risk of postponement on 13:34 - Sep 11 by Sandyman

Horrendous amount of rain in Rochdale during the past 24 hours. Wonder how the pitch is coping ? Looked fine on Saturday.

It looked in fantastic nick. Plenty of rain still to come but there's a few intervals too which should hopefully allow time for drainage, and a strong breeze

As with Saturday, an earlyish indication from the club would be welcome tomorrow

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Risk of postponement on 14:09 - Sep 11 with 849 viewsaleanddale

pitch looked incredible..

would be amazed if Tuesday night does not get the green light.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024