Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers B Team 19:06 - Jul 21 with 1159 viewsmikehunt

I notice the Scottish Lowland League has a Rangers B team. What’s the crack here and do you think this might be the thin end of the wedge for English footie?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Rangers B Team on 19:13 - Jul 21 with 1131 viewsfermin

I think there is also a Celtic B team in there. If I remember correctly the idea was to keep up the numbers just for this season as there could be no promotion from the leagues below because they were abandoned and the plan was to extend the numbers. Rangers and Celtic promised a sum of money to split between the member clubs if they agreed. They voted to agree to admit them but it is not popular. I understand as people are cynical about whether they will actually agree to withdraw at the end of the season or refuse and use it as a launchpad to get into the SPFL. There has been the usual guff about increasing crowds from Rangers and Celtic fans but the colts teams in the lower league have not exactly brought them flooding in.

I stand to be corrected on this as I have not kept that up to date.
Rangers B Team on 19:31 - Jul 21 with 1063 viewsmikehunt

Cheers Fermin. With the talk of Premiership teams wanting to enter their teams in to our lower leagues a couple of seasons ago, this has made me somewhat wary of what the future here might hold should this prove popular in Scotland.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024