Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brierley / Hendo 12:05 - Nov 9 with 5029 viewsHullDale

Thought this deserves a thread of its own so it doesn't get lost. Brilliant.

Brierley / Hendo on 12:20 - Nov 9 with 4957 viewsJames1980

That's what it's all about. How many other mascots have gone on to provide an assist let alone one that leads to the breaking of a club's all time goal scoring record.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 12:32]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Brierley / Hendo on 12:29 - Nov 9 with 4917 viewsjudd

Wonderful

Poll: What is it to be then?

Brierley / Hendo on 13:33 - Nov 9 with 4735 views442Dale

The pass gets better every time you watch it. For their manager to say it was a โ€œhopeful ballโ€ shows him up.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Brierley / Hendo on 13:47 - Nov 9 with 4705 viewsdingdangblue

Love Hendo's interview where he says he told the Salford centre back when Brierley came on that he had every pass in his locker!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Brierley / Hendo on 13:52 - Nov 9 with 4681 views442Dale

Brierley / Hendo on 13:47 - Nov 9 by dingdangblue

Love Hendo's interview where he says he told the Salford centre back when Brierley came on that he had every pass in his locker!

Heโ€™s Allen-level quality with his passing. Heโ€™s also always playing with his head on a swivel even when he hasnโ€™t got the ball which allows him to identify space to receive the ball and then where to play it as soon as heโ€™s there.

Canโ€™t be certain, but would think he had already decided what he was going to do before he got the ball in midfield last night.

Brierley / Hendo on 15:41 - Nov 9 with 4536 views49thseason

Brierley is like a baby-faced assassin, he has fantastic vision and can launch deadly accurate passes. He just needs his forwards to be on the move and on his wavelength and he will put the ball exactly where they want it. Henderson knows and trusts him, Quigley will be a better player if he can do the same as would Rodney.
Brierley / Hendo on 15:59 - Nov 9 with 4503 viewsDaleiLama

........... when dreams come true.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Brierley / Hendo on 16:06 - Nov 9 with 4488 viewsHullDale

Login to get fewer ads

Brierley / Hendo on 17:36 - Nov 9 with 4326 viewsisitme

His impact cannot be understated. He came on and made more impactful passes than the rest of the team had put togetherup to that point. I can get why Stockdale and Bentley have been reluctant to play him as he is quite slight, but that is focusing too much on the negatives, rather than maximising his strengths. Get him on the ball and allow him to create. Get other people to do the 'donkey work'. His range of passing and awareness are both excellent.
Brierley / Hendo on 18:46 - Nov 9 with 4159 views442Dale

Brierley / Hendo on 16:06 - Nov 9 by HullDale

The in-depth analysis he gives on a situation which takes around a second in real time illustrates what level his football brain is operating on. These type of players come along very rarely, especially at lower league clubs.

Brierley / Hendo on 22:14 - Nov 9 with 3891 viewsD_Alien

Brierley / Hendo on 18:46 - Nov 9 by 442Dale

The in-depth analysis he gives on a situation which takes around a second in real time illustrates what level his football brain is operating on. These type of players come along very rarely, especially at lower league clubs.

I think someone compared him to Jamie Allen earlier in the thread; imo he's potentially much better

What i'd hate to happen is for him to be snapped up in the January window and disappear from view like Matheson or Adshead

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Brierley / Hendo on 22:20 - Nov 9 with 3878 viewsjudd

Brierley / Hendo on 22:14 - Nov 9 by D_Alien

I think someone compared him to Jamie Allen earlier in the thread; imo he's potentially much better

What i'd hate to happen is for him to be snapped up in the January window and disappear from view like Matheson or Adshead

We don't have a turnover focused incompetent at the wheel no more.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Brierley / Hendo on 11:43 - Nov 10 with 3523 viewssamueloneils

Don`t think he is that slight now- he`s grown a lot and looks and sounds older. It was significant it was not him but Hendo welling up when interviewed. I think he has a level head on his shoulders and if given the opportunities to play regularly and refine his skills I think he won`t want to dash off in January. If Kelly was fit why not play the two together. The type of forwards we have do not create their own openings, and this could get us through until we bring in at least one more striker with better potential.
Brierley / Hendo on 14:06 - Nov 10 with 3343 viewsDaleiLama

Brierley / Hendo on 11:43 - Nov 10 by samueloneils

Don`t think he is that slight now- he`s grown a lot and looks and sounds older. It was significant it was not him but Hendo welling up when interviewed. I think he has a level head on his shoulders and if given the opportunities to play regularly and refine his skills I think he won`t want to dash off in January. If Kelly was fit why not play the two together. The type of forwards we have do not create their own openings, and this could get us through until we bring in at least one more striker with better potential.

I suspect that Hendo, who not that recently became a dad again and who was high fiving his lad before he went back into the dugout at the last Saturday home game, feels a somewhat paternal link to Ethan. Not suggesting Ethan doesn't reciprocate that feeling of kinship, just that a teenagers "let's call it sentimentality" is different to that of a father, and father figure. Hendo's display of emotion and pride was nothing short of admirable and illustrates exactly how much he cares about RAFC and everyone there (now). Otherwise, I agree with everything you said about Ethan. I'd even be tempted to try the two ball-players on the pitch together again and see if the service level to strikers improves as Hendo comments on.

Brierley / Hendo on 17:16 - Nov 10 with 3186 viewsDaleiLama

Shows how popular he is! Class act

Brierley / Hendo on 17:57 - Nov 10 with 3062 viewsHullDale

Brierley / Hendo on 17:16 - Nov 10 by DaleiLama

Shows how popular he is! Class act

It works be easy for former teammates to talk about how good a player he is, how big the achievement is, how brilliant his goals have been, or all three.

The fact so many CHOSE to say how good a man he is speaks volumes, and adds weight to my feelings about how he was treated when he left. I know who I believe.
Brierley / Hendo on 18:23 - Nov 10 with 2996 viewsColDale

Don't know if anyone clocked Calvin's reaction to Hendo on Tuesday as Hendo finally left the field, but he was so pleased you'd have thought he'd broken the record himself. However his co commentator had a face like thunder.
Brierley / Hendo on 03:47 - Nov 11 with 2567 viewsnordenblue

Brierley / Hendo on 18:23 - Nov 10 by ColDale

Don't know if anyone clocked Calvin's reaction to Hendo on Tuesday as Hendo finally left the field, but he was so pleased you'd have thought he'd broken the record himself. However his co commentator had a face like thunder.

His co commentator was and still is a massively bitter and twisted bell end, strangely enough both him and Hendo live in the same tiny village.
Brierley / Hendo on 10:27 - Nov 11 with 2364 viewsDaleiLama

Brierley / Hendo on 03:47 - Nov 11 by nordenblue

His co commentator was and still is a massively bitter and twisted bell end, strangely enough both him and Hendo live in the same tiny village.

Was listening in on the way home, and he wasn't entirely uncomplimentary about us, but when backed into a corner, you could tell the positive things said were through gritted teeth. Sad on many levels.

Brierley / Hendo on 17:22 - Nov 11 with 2063 viewsbluevein64

Brierley / Hendo on 17:57 - Nov 10 by HullDale

It works be easy for former teammates to talk about how good a player he is, how big the achievement is, how brilliant his goals have been, or all three.

The fact so many CHOSE to say how good a man he is speaks volumes, and adds weight to my feelings about how he was treated when he left. I know who I believe.

Maybe it's a good time to start thinking (doing) about granting Hendo permission to herd his sheep across Spotland Bridge and allow him to graze em on Cronky Common, he can always have his sword drawn at the ready just in case ..............
Brierley / Hendo on 17:49 - Nov 11 with 2032 viewsD_Alien

Brierley / Hendo on 17:22 - Nov 11 by bluevein64

Maybe it's a good time to start thinking (doing) about granting Hendo permission to herd his sheep across Spotland Bridge and allow him to graze em on Cronky Common, he can always have his sword drawn at the ready just in case ..............

Not a bad idea, but for now, we might wish him the freedom of a few L2 defences

Once Quigley is fit, imo both must play. That might lead to a change in how we're set up. The emphasis must be towards getting quality balls forward to those two. I'm sure EBJ has it in hand

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024