Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"This League is rubbish" - Hill 12:49 - Mar 12 with 3169 viewsdale_upon_tyne

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rochdale-bos
"This League is rubbish" - Hill on 12:52 - Mar 12 with 3146 viewsdale_upon_tyne

He loves a good rant doesn't he?!!

Classic. Half rambling nonsense, half "couldn't have put it better myself"...
"This League is rubbish" - Hill on 13:00 - Mar 12 with 3042 viewsolympicdale

How did we manage to last 2 years without these famous rants, legendary. All it needed was a slight dig at the pitch and the main stand fans, and all would be right with the world.

Life is a game of fate.

"This League is rubbish" - Hill on 13:08 - Mar 12 with 3011 viewssandylaner1

brilliant
"This League is rubbish" - Hill on 13:08 - Mar 12 with 3009 viewsDaley_Lama

I agree with him.

Tom Pope is head and shoulders above all other strikers and Nofamtun (most boring team seen at Dale in years) are riding high, an average Gills team are miles ahead who will struggle in L1 next season.

Gash, and we've been gasher than most for most of the season.

Poll: DF in or out

"This League is rubbish" - Hill on 13:37 - Mar 12 with 2924 viewsD_Dale

"This League is rubbish" - Hill on 13:08 - Mar 12 by Daley_Lama

I agree with him.

Tom Pope is head and shoulders above all other strikers and Nofamtun (most boring team seen at Dale in years) are riding high, an average Gills team are miles ahead who will struggle in L1 next season.

Gash, and we've been gasher than most for most of the season.

Could anyone explain this bit:

“But what I have witnessed of League Two so far, we have gone back 10 or 15 years in pursuit of promotion. I put that down to managers getting sacked, as simple as that."

The current squad is of a similar standard to the squads of 1998-2003? Or L2 has regressed to that period? And how can Dale have gone back to that time to pursue promotion? Should Eyre and Coleman not have been sacked?

If any other manager had said this - which is as bizarre as the MEN providing under the interview a link to Dale's 2007-08 fixtures - we'd think he'd lost the plot, but as it's KH there's no problem.
"This League is rubbish" - Hill on 13:43 - Mar 12 with 2892 viewsColDale

"This League is rubbish" - Hill on 13:37 - Mar 12 by D_Dale

Could anyone explain this bit:

“But what I have witnessed of League Two so far, we have gone back 10 or 15 years in pursuit of promotion. I put that down to managers getting sacked, as simple as that."

The current squad is of a similar standard to the squads of 1998-2003? Or L2 has regressed to that period? And how can Dale have gone back to that time to pursue promotion? Should Eyre and Coleman not have been sacked?

If any other manager had said this - which is as bizarre as the MEN providing under the interview a link to Dale's 2007-08 fixtures - we'd think he'd lost the plot, but as it's KH there's no problem.

I think its the win at all costs attitude, with many teams adopting the long ball game in the pursuit of football. The sack culture doesn't allow for players and teams to be developed.

I'm not sure managers were any safer five years or so ago, but the footballing approach was more prevalent due to the number of teams who looked to us as to what could be achieved. If this season's Lge 2 champions were a footballing team, then they would be the role models for next season.
"This League is rubbish" - Hill on 15:48 - Mar 12 with 2710 viewspioneer

The bottom division has always been rubbish with occasionally an outstanding side emerging as a temporary blip. I honestly believe we were that temporary blip which, until the jitters set in at end of March played a level of football rarely seen in the bottom division. And that was not just the view of our own fans.

We had recruited a playing staff that, as we now can see, was far below its skill level. Many of them are 'holding their own' in the top two divisions. We performed admirably the following season beating top teams comfortably.

I hope, but doubt, that we will see the like again.

He is right, its rubbish - but saying that doesn't do much for attracting more paying customers does it!
"This League is rubbish" - Hill on 16:32 - Mar 12 with 2639 viewsolympicdale

everything in football now is short term-ism, there isnt any long term planning for success, kick it long and get up quick before your sacked. There isn't the patience now to get it on the ground and play, I for one am glad we have a manager who still sees sense in playing your way up, instead of barging your way up.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

"This League is rubbish" - Hill on 17:35 - Mar 12 with 2533 viewsYorkshire_Dale

He is spot on....

There have not been any teams that have arrived at San Spotty this season who you could say were a really, really decent team...........and there has been loads of rubbish (us included!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024