Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert 11:06 - Jan 16 with 2191 viewsColDale

£7 million getting mentioned in the press today

Think Rovers sold him for a million, so if they're eligible for a quarter of the profit, we'll be a eligible for a quarter of that. Sure it won't be as much as we think, but we might benefit to the tune of £300,000ish.
Lambert on 11:35 - Jan 16 with 2102 viewsBrierls

Saw that this morning, let's hope the mess at Southampton is a catalyst for the move. I can't see Rickie going for £7 Million, probably closer to £5 Million, but that would still be an unexpected bonus for us.
Lambert on 11:42 - Jan 16 with 2071 viewsNR_Dale

Does the sell on clause carry on??? Or terminate after they sold him to saints???
Lambert on 11:52 - Jan 16 with 2039 viewsClivert

Wasn't there a link on here before the Leeds game to one of the national newspapers who'd conducted an interview with Dunphy and CD mentioned in the interview that we still had clauses to activate as part of the Rickie Lambert transfer from us to Bristol Rovers.
Lambert on 12:13 - Jan 16 with 1972 viewsBrierls

Lambert on 11:52 - Jan 16 by Clivert

Wasn't there a link on here before the Leeds game to one of the national newspapers who'd conducted an interview with Dunphy and CD mentioned in the interview that we still had clauses to activate as part of the Rickie Lambert transfer from us to Bristol Rovers.

I think I remember CG talking about the Lambert sell-on clauses still being active, it was prompted by questions of us getting money for his England caps and goals. From what I understand, sell-on clauses remain active unless they're settled with a one-off payment.
Lambert on 12:19 - Jan 16 with 1946 viewsClivert

Lambert on 12:13 - Jan 16 by Brierls

I think I remember CG talking about the Lambert sell-on clauses still being active, it was prompted by questions of us getting money for his England caps and goals. From what I understand, sell-on clauses remain active unless they're settled with a one-off payment.

“Rickie was the first player I sold,” Dunphy said. “But I could never envisage I was selling a guy who would go on to play for England. He has done well since then, but the trick with selling a player is getting a fee up front, with add-ons to reflect performance, and those are the deals that have helped Rochdale.

“There are a lot of players out there who could still make money for the club, despite having left us, and we will benefit from Lambert with another sell-on fee if he leaves Southampton.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/10547736/FA-Cup-Ro
Lambert on 12:20 - Jan 16 with 1942 viewsScunnydale

I think it's part of the "profit of sale" clause. We made something when Rovers sold Lambert to Southampton as they sold him for more than we sold him.

As Rovers will receive something from Southampton from this transfer, that still counts as profit, therefore we'll still receive a fraction of that profit.
Lambert on 12:29 - Jan 16 with 1876 viewsaleanddale

Fantastic lets hope he moves before his stock value drops!!

5 or 7 million!!

That should nett us ( as put before ) between 250k - 300k.

Fantastic news.
Lambert on 12:34 - Jan 16 with 1839 viewsD_Alien

Lambert on 12:29 - Jan 16 by aleanddale

Fantastic lets hope he moves before his stock value drops!!

5 or 7 million!!

That should nett us ( as put before ) between 250k - 300k.

Fantastic news.

And if it goes through, will further strengthen our negotiating hand should bigger clubs than Posh come in for Hogan before the window closes.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert on 12:58 - Jan 16 with 1739 viewsBirchy915

If he goes for 7mill we will get £437500

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Lambert on 13:46 - Jan 16 with 1584 viewsoddjob007

The £300k mark mentioned above would be what we receive if he goes for £7m.

Remember it's profit on profit.

If he is sold for £7m by Southampton, they make £6m profit on him, having paid £1m for him.

Bristol Rovers are entitled to their sell on % of this - let's hope it's 25%, so they make £1.5m.

We would be entitled to a percentage of their profit, again hoping it's 25%, deducting the £300k they paid us would entitle us to our sell on % of £1.2m.

Once again assuming we inserted 25%, we would get £300k.

Can't imagine its a simple as this as various sell on clauses would have to evaluated etc - realistically I think we're talking £150k - £200k. An unexpected windfall that will have been completely unbudgeted for - give it to HIll to cover wages/transfer fees of a new player to get us up!
[Post edited 16 Jan 2014 13:49]
Lambert on 18:43 - Jan 16 with 1257 viewsCockneyDale

I don't think you need to deduct the 300k rovers initially paid us as that was done when they first sold him, so everything after that point is profit (we'd be counting it twice if we did). On that basis 6m profit means 1.5m to rovers and 375k to us.

All hypothetical anyway!
Lambert on 13:41 - Jan 17 with 857 viewsBrierls

Saints Chairman (Chairwoman?) Katharina Liebherr - "The club has no plans to sell any of the squad during the January transfer window".

Done deal then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024