Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? 08:57 - Sep 18 with 17356 viewsNortholt_Rs

I say yes.... I've seen no improvement in the team under these two in fact we're going backwards. The most alarming signs are our all too obvious lack of any goal threat and the awful drossball being served up each and every game. Something has to give...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 22:18 - Sep 18 with 2068 viewsQPR_Jim

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 22:04 - Sep 18 by BAWHoops

And to pull you up again...

Ramsey played attacking football. In fact he ended up getting the sack because he was so focused on it.
Am sure you wanted him sacked because we couldn't defend

So you want Wagner as manager? Is that based on his work in Germany or are you particularily fond of his high rpessing style and bargain absement shoping? Or is it that he's just top of the sodding league and you are so short sighted you can't see past a period of 5 games when it comes to football?
You probably wanted Pearson but aren't so keen now he isn't doing that well at Derby

He wants Wagner as he's had success at Huddersfield Town under a DoF and he'd bring him to QPR whilst getting rid of the DoF and not replacing him.

If you can find the logic in that you need to be sectioned for your own protection.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 22:20]
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 22:22 - Sep 18 with 2058 viewsLongsufferingR

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 22:18 - Sep 18 by QPR_Jim

He wants Wagner as he's had success at Huddersfield Town under a DoF and he'd bring him to QPR whilst getting rid of the DoF and not replacing him.

If you can find the logic in that you need to be sectioned for your own protection.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 22:20]

Careful Jim, he'll be delving into your past trying to find proof you once supported a different team and make you change your username.

Actually, Yeovil_Jim has a nice ring to it.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 22:25 - Sep 18 with 2041 views2Thomas2Bowles

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 21:30 - Sep 18 by Boston

It's not a mental institution either.

ummmm

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 22:36 - Sep 18 with 2017 viewsQPR_Jim

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 22:22 - Sep 18 by LongsufferingR

Careful Jim, he'll be delving into your past trying to find proof you once supported a different team and make you change your username.

Actually, Yeovil_Jim has a nice ring to it.

Everybody in here is a Spurs fan, didn't you know that!

[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 23:19]
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 22:49 - Sep 18 with 1988 views2Thomas2Bowles

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 21:01 - Sep 18 by Northernr

Whatever. Two more posters we never hear from until the team starts losing.

Whatever.. did you have your hand up (talk to the hand) when typing that

I did not know there was a dependence on how many/often you posted on here to be credible.
I'm sure some have more time to banter to get their post count up, I do often read but can't be bothered to post, sorry about that, sorry you don't like opinions that conflict with your own.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 22:51 - Sep 18 with 1984 viewsconnell10

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 19:46 - Sep 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Then don't have a punt... on it, I really want him out.

Maybe the only real way forward is to sell the club and all new blood.

Honest question mate are you pissed on a wind up or mental??

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 22:57 - Sep 18 with 1975 views2Thomas2Bowles

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 22:51 - Sep 18 by connell10

Honest question mate are you pissed on a wind up or mental??

I'll take as a rhetorical question.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 23:03 - Sep 18 with 1960 viewsconnell10

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 22:57 - Sep 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'll take as a rhetorical question.

On a wind up then, thought so and i think you kinda like it when rangers get beat , gives you a reason to stand there and say i told you so. Am i right?

Login to get fewer ads

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 23:12 - Sep 18 with 1936 views2Thomas2Bowles

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 23:03 - Sep 18 by connell10

On a wind up then, thought so and i think you kinda like it when rangers get beat , gives you a reason to stand there and say i told you so. Am i right?

To quote Northernr... Whatever...

That should give you an opening to carry on ... go on son...
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 23:14]

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 23:26 - Sep 18 with 1898 viewsconnell10

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 23:12 - Sep 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

To quote Northernr... Whatever...

That should give you an opening to carry on ... go on son...
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 23:14]

Nope never kick a man when his down, you just keeping digging the hole..go on son...

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 23:52 - Sep 18 with 1853 viewsPunteR

If there's one thing I've learned from 2T2B from todays thread, it is to "keep calm and support QPR".
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 23:53]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 03:15 - Sep 19 with 1765 viewsqpr85

I think the few posters are either WUMS or haven't been following QPR for very long otherwise they would see when Sir Les came in we were diabolical in the transfer market due to Redknapp. He would always buy or loan as many players as he could and played players out of position to cement his point that we need new blood.

As soon as Sir Les came in he put a stop to that and made Harry cry in his cornflakes and run home with his ball.

What makes a good DOF?? What is it that shows Sir Les is doing a bad job?? He employed Ramsey who has all the experience of working with the England youth team up to u21 and Tottenham youth who are now making it into the first team or being sold for £15m. No one was around at the time and Clement didn't want to pressure so for financial reasons and because his hands were tied he chose Ramsey.

That didn't work so they did an extensive search and came up with an up and coming manager that saw QPR as a step up and he gave him a chance. There was no better option that I can recall so again he did what he thought was best for the club.

To have idiots question his motives have greatly annoyed my today. He has done everything he can to make this club great again. I haven't seen anything to make me think he's in it for himself only. So he supported Spurs when he was younger, so what we knew that anyway from his interviews on TV when he signed for them. But what else did we see?? A sparkle in his eye everytime he spoke about us.

Yes he is a novice as a DOF but you've got to start somewhere and he has all the badges you could want or need to be a top flight manager and probably could have gone into management but he chose to come here and sort out the mess that Hughes and Redknapp made because he loves our poxy little club.

And for the record yes he can piss in my drink and I would wear a t-shirt to let people know I drank the piss of Sir Leslie of Ferdinand
Transfer record since Les Ferdinand became our DOF on 04:15 - Sep 19 with 1757 viewssuperhoopdownunder

It seems unclear what a Director of Football does - even Wikipedia is unsure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Director_of_football

In my view a Director of Football should be responsible for the playing style and players we are signing, selling and releasing.
When Les started he inherited a lot of mercenaries, of which they have mostly left aside from Sandro and possibly Caulker.
We now have a squad of 29 players which is a smaller squad than last season. Over the summer we have brought 10 new players in and released 29 players. A lot of change and getting rid of a lot of the excess. We also made a profit in the last 2 transfer windows.
We are going through a transition back to a football club that lives within its means and this should include recruiting well, buying cheap and selling to make a decent profit - with good quality replacements ready to step in (Sinton / Sinclair example always comes to mind). The recruitment to date has been mixed.
Below are the 37 signings we have made since Les became DOF
In my humble opinion only 7 have been a success (19%), however it is too early to say on 16 players (43%) and 14 players (38%) have been failures

QPR Signings Since Les Ferdinand became DOF

Player When Success Comments
Massimo Luongo 15-16 Success
Olamide Shodipo 15-16 Success
Sebastian Polter 15-16 Success
Tjaronn Chery 15-16 Success
Grant Hall 15-16 Success
Alex Smithies 15-16 Success
Matt Ingram 15-16 Success
Ryan Manning 14-15 Too early to say
Osman Kakay 15-16 Too early to say
Axel Prohouly 15-16 Too early to say
Joshua Wallen 15-16 Too early to say
Conor Washington 15-16 Too early to say
Abdenasser El Khayati 15-16 Too early to say
Idrissa Sylla 16-17 Too early to say
Joel Lynch 16-17 Too early to say
Jake Bidwell 16-17 Too early to say
Jordan Cousins 16-17 Too early to say
Yeni Ngbakoto 16-17 Too early to say
Seny Dieng 16-17 Too early to say
Eberechi Eze 16-17 Too early to say
Christopher Paul 16-17 Too early to say
Ariel Borysiuk 16-17 Too early to say
Paweł Wszołek 16-17 Too early to say Loan
Mauro Zarate 14-15 Failure Loan - Left
Paul Konchesky 15-16 Failure Loan - Left
Gabriele Angella 15-16 Failure Loan - Left
George Butler 15-16 Failure Released
Nathan Corkery 15-16 Failure Released
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas 15-16 Failure Out on loan
Ben Gladwin 15-16 Failure Out on loan
Jamie Mackie 15-16 Failure Always injured
Joseph N'Guessan 15-16 Failure Released
James Perch 15-16 Failure
Tyler Blackwood 15-16 Failure Left
Oscar Gobern 15-16 Failure Left
Tom Rosenthal 15-16 Failure Released
Dániel TÅ‘zsér 15-16 Failure Left

Summary
Success 7 19%
Too early to say 16 43%
Failure 14 38%
Total Signings 37 100%

Anyway let's hope we can get back on track this week and beat Sunderland and Birmingham playing a more attractive style of football - like we once were well known for producing.

U R's
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 4:33]
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 08:19 - Sep 19 with 1667 viewspaulparker

The answer to the OP is No , LF shouldn't go if Jimmy goes
should Daniel Levy go every time he appoints a duff manager (and he has employed a few)
if you look over past interviews with Les he says the manager comes to him with a position he needs and Les and his staff get a list of players within that budget
well the fact that JFH hasn't come to him asking for a right back or a creative midfielder is down to JFH and not Les , its the manager who is setting us up he takes the training he picks the formation and team , if it fails for Jimmy that's down to him he would have had every chance to get things right
for what its worth I would still give JFH the next 5 league games and the cup game to at least get us playing any football or show any improvement , if we are still playing poorly then he can't have any complaints if he gets the sack

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 08:55 - Sep 19 with 1638 viewsrsonist

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 23:52 - Sep 18 by PunteR

If there's one thing I've learned from 2T2B from todays thread, it is to "keep calm and support QPR".
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 23:53]

Yeah in the end I find myself feeling weirdly grateful for this thread... might have had the right royal hump about this week's results but stare into a nutjob abyss like this and you sober up fast.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 09:26 - Sep 19 with 1606 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 08:19 - Sep 19 by paulparker

The answer to the OP is No , LF shouldn't go if Jimmy goes
should Daniel Levy go every time he appoints a duff manager (and he has employed a few)
if you look over past interviews with Les he says the manager comes to him with a position he needs and Les and his staff get a list of players within that budget
well the fact that JFH hasn't come to him asking for a right back or a creative midfielder is down to JFH and not Les , its the manager who is setting us up he takes the training he picks the formation and team , if it fails for Jimmy that's down to him he would have had every chance to get things right
for what its worth I would still give JFH the next 5 league games and the cup game to at least get us playing any football or show any improvement , if we are still playing poorly then he can't have any complaints if he gets the sack

But after 5 games who then PP?

I can't see us getting relegated or promoted this season. Give him till the end at least. There will be more managers to choose from then after situations at other clubs are clearer.

You can't sack without a replacement available .
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 09:38 - Sep 19 with 1586 viewspaulparker

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 09:26 - Sep 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

But after 5 games who then PP?

I can't see us getting relegated or promoted this season. Give him till the end at least. There will be more managers to choose from then after situations at other clubs are clearer.

You can't sack without a replacement available .

well if we are still playing poor and losing I fear a relegation scrap and the last thing we need is to go down this year
I would love to see JFH succeed but I just don't know how we are going to get results , we have no creative spark, we starve Washington of any service , and our back four that was solid is looking very fragile
depending on where we are in the league the only names I can come up with are
Jackett,
Clement
Warburton
Rowett
McLaren
steve bruce (although I cant see it)
or a continental coach like Wagner

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 09:57 - Sep 19 with 1565 viewsNortholt_Rs

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 09:38 - Sep 19 by paulparker

well if we are still playing poor and losing I fear a relegation scrap and the last thing we need is to go down this year
I would love to see JFH succeed but I just don't know how we are going to get results , we have no creative spark, we starve Washington of any service , and our back four that was solid is looking very fragile
Jackett,
Clement
Warburton
Rowett
McLaren

So a quick straw poll amongst the Northolt Stormtroopers suggests both need to go. I simply don't buy into the fact that Super Ranger Les should cut his teeth as a DOF with us because he was a great player for us two decades ago nor how grateful we should be that he chose to do so with little QPR...he didn't give up a DOF role to join us did he? It was in fact a step up the career ladder for him. Having said that if it works out then smiles all around. I'm sure everybody on this MB wants the Rs to play well, win games, and make us feel proud about the club. The problem is neither the DOF or his managers have done so to date and it seems to be getting worse. Hopefully we stuff the Mackems and the Brummies and we can kick on....but if we get done by both then what?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 9:58]

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 10:00 - Sep 19 with 1558 viewsconnell10

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 09:57 - Sep 19 by Northolt_Rs

So a quick straw poll amongst the Northolt Stormtroopers suggests both need to go. I simply don't buy into the fact that Super Ranger Les should cut his teeth as a DOF with us because he was a great player for us two decades ago nor how grateful we should be that he chose to do so with little QPR...he didn't give up a DOF role to join us did he? It was in fact a step up the career ladder for him. Having said that if it works out then smiles all around. I'm sure everybody on this MB wants the Rs to play well, win games, and make us feel proud about the club. The problem is neither the DOF or his managers have done so to date and it seems to be getting worse. Hopefully we stuff the Mackems and the Brummies and we can kick on....but if we get done by both then what?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 9:58]

Are you TED ???

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 10:06 - Sep 19 with 1547 viewsNortholt_Rs

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 10:00 - Sep 19 by connell10

Are you TED ???

No just nicked his phrase... Cheers Ted!

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 10:12 - Sep 19 with 1529 viewsBlue_Castello

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 08:55 - Sep 19 by rsonist

Yeah in the end I find myself feeling weirdly grateful for this thread... might have had the right royal hump about this week's results but stare into a nutjob abyss like this and you sober up fast.

Agreed I was spitting feathers after the Newcastle game, not literally, even though I knew we were going to loose it was the total capitulation that wound me up.

I didn't for one minute think we would get a result at Huddersfield because Wagner has worked very hard with his squad and his transfer tombola of signing 13/14 players on frees and loans seems to have unearthed a few gems, seems to me it was partly the sheer volume of transfers that ensured him and his DOF some success. Everything I have read suggests Wagner plays a very similar style to the way JFH wants to play, high energy, pressing run till you drop.
We can't go out and poach other clubs successful managers that costs big money something we don't have any more because of FFP.

It appears because we were so shit last Tuesday and that was truly abysmal and we lost at Huddersfield there's a minority who think the answer is to sack our DOF which I find bizarre. Agreed Les came to us inexperienced but everybody has to start somewhere, he had studied and completed the qualifications, he deserved a chance and everybody was crying for ex-players to get involved and as far as I can see he's done a good job so far. He stopped Harry from pishing even more money out the window and has worked within very tight financial constraints.
Somebody argued we don't need a DOF because we have Lee Hoos, true the blokes doing a good job but I bet if you asked him he would say he wants to work alongside a DOF who is a football man and has the clubs passionate interests at heart.

As the season progresses there may well be argument for ditching JFH but we need continuity and I would be urging Les to stay if the time comes that JFH has to go. We have spent just over the cost of half a Dwight Gayle in the transfer market, approximately, and brought in some good potential in the process it's now become very tough to compete financially in the Championship.
There are obviously teams doing better on lower budgets but as I said earlier Huddersfield were bound to get some quality from the sheer volume. We are lacking some extra Championship quality at the moment, players that can hold the team together and drive it forward, ones not scared to hold onto the ball.

We are missing three attacking players in Faurlin, Hoillett and Philips from the second half of last season, they gave us more than some people give them credit for particularly in Hoillett and Philips case. I know it's a different topic but I would take Hoillett back today if the opportunity arose we just need a couple more Champinship quality players who are very comfortable on the ball and don't want to shift it on as soon as they receive the ball Faurlin may not be able to play JFHs pressing game but I wonder in hindsight if there regretting not trying to make him stay.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 10:27]
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 10:19 - Sep 19 with 1513 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 09:38 - Sep 19 by paulparker

Jackett,
Clement
Warburton
Rowett
McLaren

But all / most of those names are tied up or wouldn't come to us. McClaren is a massive risk. He either does well or crash and burns at clubs. Jacket just had a disaster, Clement is destined for bigger things as a coach, Warburton is chasing a league title, Rowett is doing alright where he is, and Steve Bruce can be a liability at time too. And as for Wagner, why would he ever leave that job right now?

I really can't see us in a relegation scrap. There are at least five teams I'd say were in a much bigger state than us. Stick with I say, until at least end of season, except in a relegation scrap before then.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 10:58 - Sep 19 with 1458 viewspaulparker

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 10:19 - Sep 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

But all / most of those names are tied up or wouldn't come to us. McClaren is a massive risk. He either does well or crash and burns at clubs. Jacket just had a disaster, Clement is destined for bigger things as a coach, Warburton is chasing a league title, Rowett is doing alright where he is, and Steve Bruce can be a liability at time too. And as for Wagner, why would he ever leave that job right now?

I really can't see us in a relegation scrap. There are at least five teams I'd say were in a much bigger state than us. Stick with I say, until at least end of season, except in a relegation scrap before then.

has Jackett really had a disaster ?? a promotion, a 7th place finish and then mid table
Rowett may come if the money is right
clement imho has unfinished business as a manager
warburton could end up a casualty of the circus that is Rangers
yes McLaren is a risk but so could JFH having the rest of the season
Wagner wouldn't come to us but if we could have a look around Europe we may find the someone like him

as for not going down ,on current form I cant think of any worse teams than us at the moment and a few seasons back Wolves wasn't considered a team for relegation and look what happened to them

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 11:09 - Sep 19 with 1437 viewsdaveB

If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 10:58 - Sep 19 by paulparker

has Jackett really had a disaster ?? a promotion, a 7th place finish and then mid table
Rowett may come if the money is right
clement imho has unfinished business as a manager
warburton could end up a casualty of the circus that is Rangers
yes McLaren is a risk but so could JFH having the rest of the season
Wagner wouldn't come to us but if we could have a look around Europe we may find the someone like him

as for not going down ,on current form I cant think of any worse teams than us at the moment and a few seasons back Wolves wasn't considered a team for relegation and look what happened to them

If we get dragged into a relegation battle, which is quite possible, then I think we'll see a change of manager. As long as the team is in mid table and showing signs of improvement then I can't see them changing anything.

God knows who we'd get next, the last few managers probably bar Ramsey have looked very strong candidates on paper and all been pretty woeful.
If JFH goes does Tottenham Les go too? on 11:26 - Sep 19 with 1409 viewssimmo

My issue is not about results, I don't really give a fck if we lose - well I do, it effects my mood and happiness, especially on the day, but it's not about winning (you know what I mean) - but it does bother me that we've been given this 'high pressure and high tempo' chat from day one and it's currently nowhere to be seen.

We've been told that we will be fit, that we will have players that can play a high tempo, pressing game that means opposition will struggle to play against us and we will be defined by our tempo. We've signed players that can meet these requirements and jettisoned those JFH felt couldn't. So why after this many games are we suddenly a team that plays at a painstakingly slow pace with seemingly no idea what to do with the ball?

If you decide to set up a team in a way that will make you functional, niggly, hard to beat and tough to play against, you better make sure you follow through with that, ESPECIALLY if we're expected to tolerate that at the expense of attacking or expansive football. We're playing it super safe and still getting battered at the moment, that's where the frustration comes in. We're shoe horning in certain players, a lot of which out of position, all to accomodate certain players and a system that isn't working. No wonder the natives are restless.

I'm not ever going to advocate changing a manager at this stage and I want JFH to stay, but he needs to take this as a learning experience and adapt things - he can't keep saying and doing the same things. As for Sir Les - I have made my thoughts pretty clear. Him and Lee are the best things to happen to QPR in a long time and keeping them both regardless of manager is exactly the kind of consistency we've lacked and need to stick with.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024