Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quiz Question 11:49 - Apr 2 with 22528 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many times have Southampton Football club had an attendance of over 35,000 at their stadium?

say in the last 40 years.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Quiz Question on 16:50 - Apr 6 with 1180 views1teeminants

Quiz Question on 11:30 - Apr 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Stoke and Soton were about the same, I'm being honest I can't remember the numbers. If it was screened 4/5 years ago, punters will remember Stoke getting to an FA cup final, our nations grand football seasonal event.

Your club haven't scored in one for over 40 years.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 15:13]

But .... but ..... lol You bullshit and lie every time you open your mouth as my statement proves. You have no credibility whatsoever. Gotcha .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Quiz Question on 16:51 - Apr 6 with 1178 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 16:47 - Apr 6 by PatfromPoole

That tells me absolutely jack.

Come on fella, I thought you were meant to be one of the brighter bods on this board.

The average figure is the one on the far right. You then need to compare this to the figures for the individual clubs. Compare them, and you will find Soton have hit the lowlights 7 times more than Pompey.

Surprising for such a big club

Quiz Question on 16:52 - Apr 6 with 1177 viewsthis_charming_man

Quiz Question on 16:31 - Apr 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/nav/attnengleague.htm

Just stats fella

27-20 to your club

Hold on, the other day when i posted a link to that website you claimed it was incorrect and posted a link to a different website to try to prove me wrong, now you're using that same website to try prove your point.

So is that websites data right or wrong?

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Quiz Question on 16:53 - Apr 6 with 1176 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 16:50 - Apr 6 by 1teeminants

But .... but ..... lol You bullshit and lie every time you open your mouth as my statement proves. You have no credibility whatsoever. Gotcha .

All factual info on this thread including the fact that your club have exceeded the league average on 27 occasions.

Quiz Question on 17:19 - Apr 6 with 1152 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 16:52 - Apr 6 by this_charming_man

Hold on, the other day when i posted a link to that website you claimed it was incorrect and posted a link to a different website to try to prove me wrong, now you're using that same website to try prove your point.

So is that websites data right or wrong?

You just stated a figure, you didn't reference that site, and that site includes cup games, the other site is just league games

And the key difference is Pompey were a bigger club from 1900 to 1920 but the figures aren't included because they weren't football league figures. Aren't you lucky, another 20 years were Pompey generally had a higher seasonal average.

Quiz Question on 17:21 - Apr 6 with 1150 viewsdjsaint

Its moronic for any of the blue few to think they have better attendances than Southampton!

Everyone knows home attendance figures are king when it comes to measuring support!

In the last 60 seasons they have only had a higher average attendance on 4 occasions.

Yes that's 56 - 4 over the last 60 seasons!

Prior to that the boot was firmly on the other foot, but when you prove the figures quoted above, the vast majority of the blue few are just gobsmacked and refuse to believe the facts!

You then get the odd buffoon who will just deflect away to insignificant other data to try and save face!
Quiz Question on 17:25 - Apr 6 with 1143 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 17:21 - Apr 6 by djsaint

Its moronic for any of the blue few to think they have better attendances than Southampton!

Everyone knows home attendance figures are king when it comes to measuring support!

In the last 60 seasons they have only had a higher average attendance on 4 occasions.

Prior to that the boot was firmly on the other foot, but when you prove the figures quoted above, the vast majority of the blue few are just gobsmacked and refuse to believe the facts!

You then get the odd buffoon who will just deflect away to insignificant other data to try and save face!

... and yet Southampton FC have stooped below the league average for an incredible 27 season out of 92. That is almost one third of the time, and it will be more if the SL averages are available.

Pompey have achieved it less than a quarter of their seasons

Spot the difference
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 17:39]

Quiz Question on 17:40 - Apr 6 with 1122 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 17:25 - Apr 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

... and yet Southampton FC have stooped below the league average for an incredible 27 season out of 92. That is almost one third of the time, and it will be more if the SL averages are available.

Pompey have achieved it less than a quarter of their seasons

Spot the difference
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 17:39]

There's no difference in my statement " You then get the odd buffoon who will just deflect away to insignificant other data to try and save face!" and your response!
Login to get fewer ads

Quiz Question on 17:43 - Apr 6 with 1118 viewsthis_charming_man

Quiz Question on 17:19 - Apr 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

You just stated a figure, you didn't reference that site, and that site includes cup games, the other site is just league games

And the key difference is Pompey were a bigger club from 1900 to 1920 but the figures aren't included because they weren't football league figures. Aren't you lucky, another 20 years were Pompey generally had a higher seasonal average.

Wrong again, the figures are from 1898, these show that we were watched by 2.6m more people than you at home games.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/nav/attnengtot.htm

You discredited this number and linked a different website which showed a figure arouns the 1m mark.

So how can you now use this website to prove your point when you said it was incorrect only a few days ago?

Quiz Question on 17:44 - Apr 6 with 1113 viewshedgeend61

Quiz Question on 11:26 - Apr 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Spin it any way you like. OK I will do it with facts

Pompey : Largest cup attendance at home (1949)
Pompey : Largest League attendance at home (1950)
Pompey : Largest attendance away (at Liverpool 1980)
Pompey : Largest individual away following attendance at neutral venue (Wembley 2019) National Record
Pompey : Largest combined attendance at old Wembley (1939)
Pompey : Largest combined attendance at new Wembley (2008) National Record
Pompey : Largest seasonal average attendance
Pompey : Largest 3 seasonal average attendances
Pompey : Last home attendance over 35,000 (1984)
Pompey : Least number of times under English league average (20) : much lower than Soton’s

Pompey : Largest individual away following attendance at neutral venue (Wembley 2019) National Record

Que? In 2019, 40000 v Sunderland?

You know that figure can't possibly be correct, just a guess unless they've taken a few temporary seats out after the game. (segregation takes up more than 300 seats)
Quiz Question on 17:46 - Apr 6 with 1108 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 17:43 - Apr 6 by this_charming_man

Wrong again, the figures are from 1898, these show that we were watched by 2.6m more people than you at home games.

You discredited this number and linked a different website which showed a figure arouns the 1m mark.

So how can you now use this website to prove your point when you said it was incorrect only a few days ago?

Because he's exactly this person:
"You then get the odd buffoon who will just deflect away to insignificant other data to try and save face!"
Quiz Question on 17:47 - Apr 6 with 1102 viewsthis_charming_man

Quiz Question on 17:21 - Apr 6 by djsaint

We have been watch by millions more, this is a fact. One website source says 2.6 million more, when 130 tried to discredit this figure ( a figure from a website he then later uses as his supporting evidence, work that one out) the best he could do was come up with a another number which showed us being watched by over 1m more people depsite have played over 100 fewer games.

Unfortunately this is yet another own goal for our favourite canadian skate.

Quiz Question on 17:50 - Apr 6 with 1097 viewsthis_charming_man

Quiz Question on 17:46 - Apr 6 by djsaint

Because he's exactly this person:
"You then get the odd buffoon who will just deflect away to insignificant other data to try and save face!"

as a wise man once said....

Quiz Question on 17:56 - Apr 6 with 1087 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 17:47 - Apr 6 by this_charming_man

We have been watch by millions more, this is a fact. One website source says 2.6 million more, when 130 tried to discredit this figure ( a figure from a website he then later uses as his supporting evidence, work that one out) the best he could do was come up with a another number which showed us being watched by over 1m more people depsite have played over 100 fewer games.

Unfortunately this is yet another own goal for our favourite canadian skate.

As i've said before, met numerous of his type! Hit them with the facts and they're dumbstruck, then get all narcky, refuse to accept the facts and want to change the subject!

Absolutely love it, every time!
Quiz Question on 17:58 - Apr 6 with 1080 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 17:43 - Apr 6 by this_charming_man

This is difficult isn't it?

Does it say 1888 or 1898?

When you have digested that fact, then tell me if it is 1888, then Surely SFC would have a lot more games than Pompey, but why don't they?

Quiz Question on 18:24 - Apr 6 with 1057 viewsdjsaint

Southampton's lowest average attendance in the last 60yrs is 13,763.

The blue few have been below that number 28 times over the same period! with 8 of those being below 10k!

I know, astonishing isn't it!
Quiz Question on 18:31 - Apr 6 with 1044 viewsPatfromPoole

Quiz Question on 16:51 - Apr 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Come on fella, I thought you were meant to be one of the brighter bods on this board.

The average figure is the one on the far right. You then need to compare this to the figures for the individual clubs. Compare them, and you will find Soton have hit the lowlights 7 times more than Pompey.

Surprising for such a big club

I have looked at the data.

It is indeed 27 to 20.

HOWEVER.....

The last time we were below the average was in 1962, and that was by a mere 124 people below the average.

The Skates were last below the average in 2013, and that was by 2,112 people.

They were also below the average in the following years:-

So in 16 of the last 50 years, the Skates have been below the League average. Whereas we have not been for 58 years.

A clear victory for Saints over the last two generations.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Quiz Question on 18:34 - Apr 6 with 1033 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 18:31 - Apr 6 by PatfromPoole

It is indeed 27 to 20.

HOWEVER.....

The last time we were below the average was in 1962, and that was by a mere 124 people below the average.

So in 16 of the last 50 years, the Skates have been below the League average. Whereas we have not been for 58 years.

"I have looked at the data.

It is indeed 27 to 20".

Well done, no spin, no BS, just facts

Quiz Question on 18:36 - Apr 6 with 1025 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 17:44 - Apr 6 by hedgeend61

Que? In 2019, 40000 v Sunderland?

You know that figure can't possibly be correct, just a guess unless they've taken a few temporary seats out after the game. (segregation takes up more than 300 seats)

No, it was 42,000 and more for the first game.

yes, 2008 is a record, it's in the books

Quiz Question on 18:36 - Apr 6 with 1025 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 18:31 - Apr 6 by PatfromPoole

It is indeed 27 to 20.

HOWEVER.....

but but but, they're a sleeping giant!
Quiz Question on 18:37 - Apr 6 with 1018 viewsPatfromPoole

Quiz Question on 18:34 - Apr 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

"I have looked at the data.

It is indeed 27 to 20".

Well done, no spin, no BS, just facts

You are Comical Ali of Baghdad and I claim my £5.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Quiz Question on 18:38 - Apr 6 with 1018 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 18:36 - Apr 6 by djsaint

but but but, they're a sleeping giant!

The clear reality is that you have underachieved in a big way compared to other clubs per season over 100 years, much more than Pompey

Quiz Question on 18:39 - Apr 6 with 1010 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Quiz Question on 18:37 - Apr 6 by PatfromPoole

You are Comical Ali of Baghdad and I claim my £5.

It must be hard digesting facts that don't fit your perception

Quiz Question on 18:40 - Apr 6 with 1005 viewshedgeend61

Quiz Question on 18:36 - Apr 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

No, it was 42,000 and more for the first game.

yes, 2008 is a record, it's in the books

What game? We took well over 50K in 2010

You know that 2008 figure is wrong.
Quiz Question on 18:44 - Apr 6 with 996 viewsdjsaint

Quiz Question on 18:38 - Apr 6 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The clear reality is that you have underachieved in a big way compared to other clubs per season over 100 years, much more than Pompey

Oh sorry, i thought we were talking attendances?

Yep, true to form, refuse to believe the facts, get narcky, change the subject!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024