Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? 23:13 - Apr 18 with 1306 viewsthis_charming_man

I was reminded of this earlier, surely the ever phone in call still makes me laugh

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 01:18 - Apr 19 with 1266 viewssfc1971

That is a classic as is the Geordie fella with "he scored so many goals"

Poll: Have we reached our peak as a 6th - 10th placed club?

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 08:31 - Apr 20 with 1124 viewsdirk_doone

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 01:18 - Apr 19 by sfc1971

That is a classic as is the Geordie fella with "he scored so many goals"

The funny thing is, Micky Quinn could have played for Italy if he'd been good enough.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 09:14 - Apr 20 with 1092 viewsSaintNick

Antti Niemi also enjoyed a career in Ice Hockey,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antti_Niemi_(ice_hockey)

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 09:43 - Apr 20 with 1080 viewsdirk_doone

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 09:14 - Apr 20 by SaintNick

Antti Niemi also enjoyed a career in Ice Hockey,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antti_Niemi_(ice_hockey)

I must be one of the few posters on here who's been to both football and ice hockey matches in Finland (Ice hockey is the more popular sport). I also took part in 50 km cross-country ski races there (an even more popular sport). Not a great claim to fame, I know.

Do you remember back in the 70s (if you were alive then) when all the Scandinavians playing in the Scottish League were just about the only foreign imports in British football? It wasn't really until Spurs signed Ardiles and Villa from Argentina in 1978 that a trickle of foreign players started to appear in English football.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 9:50]

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 09:46 - Apr 20 with 1073 viewsthis_charming_man

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 09:43 - Apr 20 by dirk_doone

I must be one of the few posters on here who's been to both football and ice hockey matches in Finland (Ice hockey is the more popular sport). I also took part in 50 km cross-country ski races there (an even more popular sport). Not a great claim to fame, I know.

Do you remember back in the 70s (if you were alive then) when all the Scandinavians playing in the Scottish League were just about the only foreign imports in British football? It wasn't really until Spurs signed Ardiles and Villa from Argentina in 1978 that a trickle of foreign players started to appear in English football.

considering i doubt many of us have been to Finland that's quite impressive.

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 09:58 - Apr 20 with 1065 viewsdirk_doone

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 09:46 - Apr 20 by this_charming_man

considering i doubt many of us have been to Finland that's quite impressive.

If you like the great outdoors, I'd recommend it. There are vast forests and thousands of lakes, which are all frozen in winter so you can ski over them.

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 10:02 - Apr 20 with 1061 viewsthis_charming_man

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 09:58 - Apr 20 by dirk_doone

If you like the great outdoors, I'd recommend it. There are vast forests and thousands of lakes, which are all frozen in winter so you can ski over them.

someone i know through BUSINESS stayed in one of those glass roofed igloo type things in January, they said Finland was brilliant, cant say it'd had ever been that much of somewhere i'd thought about going until then but really liked the idea of that.

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 10:07 - Apr 20 with 1058 viewsdirk_doone

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 10:02 - Apr 20 by this_charming_man

someone i know through BUSINESS stayed in one of those glass roofed igloo type things in January, they said Finland was brilliant, cant say it'd had ever been that much of somewhere i'd thought about going until then but really liked the idea of that.

You could combine it with Estonia as there are regular ferries between Helsinki and Tallinn, which is a popular destination for Brits.

Login to get fewer ads

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 12:15 - Apr 20 with 1026 viewsSteveMoron

Brilliant clips.
Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 12:17 - Apr 20 with 1025 viewsdirk_doone

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 12:15 - Apr 20 by SteveMoron

Brilliant clips.

Yes, and there must be a few more like that as so many fans phone in when they are drunk.

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 12:41 - Apr 20 with 1008 viewsSonicBoom

I've never believed that Niemi one. That guy knew exactly what he was doing. He knew that if he said Niemi was Scottish they would say he's Finnish.
Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 12:59 - Apr 20 with 1000 viewsthis_charming_man

The saints fan that rang in after we lost away at Sheff United a few years back was particularly embarassing, ranting about wanting to win titles and cups and then crying

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 13:00 - Apr 20 with 999 viewsSaintNick

Ive also been to Ice Hockey I saw a couple of New York Rangers games at Madison Square Garden on a couple of trips to New York , I have also seen Baseball at Yankee Stadium and Wrigley Field.

On the foreign imports I am surprised that you didn't cite Ivan Golac as the first foreign import to play in the First Division back in 1978, he made his debut before the Spurs duo

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 16:22 - Apr 20 with 966 viewsdirk_doone

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 13:00 - Apr 20 by SaintNick

Ive also been to Ice Hockey I saw a couple of New York Rangers games at Madison Square Garden on a couple of trips to New York , I have also seen Baseball at Yankee Stadium and Wrigley Field.

On the foreign imports I am surprised that you didn't cite Ivan Golac as the first foreign import to play in the First Division back in 1978, he made his debut before the Spurs duo

Of course, I remember watching Golac and there were some even earlier than that, like Bert Trautmann. But, as I recall, it was the Spurs' signings of Ardiles and Villa in 1978 that really opened the floodgates for foreign players in England.

One of the first foreign players at Southampton was the legendary founder of organized football in Brazil, Charles Miller, born in Brazil to a Brazilian mother; but he did have a Scottish father.

And who can forget Raimundo Perez Lezama and Sabino Barinaga ?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2020 16:38]

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 16:53 - Apr 20 with 941 viewsTimSaint

Went to Finland, well just Helsinki, for about 14 hours as part of our Baltics tour the missus and I recently did. Didn't get to see any sport, but really enjoyed it there and would definitely go back and explore a little further a field. Took the 6am ferry from Tallinn and got back at midnight. Remember doing a walking tour, tram rides, boat to an island fortification and ten euro beers. We did 3 days in Vilnius, 3 in Riga (went to see the stadium but no mention of Pahars anywhere) and 4 in Tallinn.

A woman I used to work with had a Finnish husband and he told me of this place in the north west, on the Sweden border. It is a golf course that goes in and out of Finland and Sweden at various stages on the course and because the border is a time zone, you can hit the ball back in time and into the future and you can play at 4am if you wish, during the summer !!

Have seen ice hockey and football in both Czech Republic (Prague and Brno) and Slovakia (Poprad, Trnava and Bratislava). Like Nick, I have also seen the NY Rangers.

TimSaint

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 08:12 - Apr 21 with 877 viewsRednWight

Why didn’t Anti Niemi ever play for Scotland? on 10:02 - Apr 20 by this_charming_man

Me and the Mrs stayed a night in one of the igloos. Nice experience but unfortunately snowing so no stars or northern lights to look at
Great trip though for a few days.
Snowmobile over a frozen lake, ice fishing, walking on snowshoes , driving a sled pulled by dogs etc
All things I’ll probably only do once but that’s probably what makes them good

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024