Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cases soar,government has lost control 06:25 - Sep 7 with 4861 viewsthissceptredsaint

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/06/coronavirus-fears-uk-government-lo

Massive jump in positive tests in 1 day, cases are soaring, this government has lost control. Or has it. We know Prime minister Cummings favours herd immunity. It hasn't worked so far but that won't stop these nutters.

It's almost as if they are trying to bump off my generation.
Cases soar,government has lost control on 07:14 - Sep 7 with 3451 viewsJaySaint

Amazing how the narrative has changed

No mention of deaths anymore...it's "cases"

Still no 2nd wave

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Cases soar,government has lost control on 08:00 - Sep 7 with 3420 viewscocklebreath

Cases soar,government has lost control on 07:14 - Sep 7 by JaySaint

Amazing how the narrative has changed

No mention of deaths anymore...it's "cases"

Still no 2nd wave

I’m not so sure, it’s pretty clear cases are rising pretty quick, just because there are not many deaths doesn’t mean it’s not going up. I thought we’d avoid a 2nd wave, not so sure now.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Cases soar,government has lost control on 09:10 - Sep 7 with 3364 viewsarfurdent

Thinning out the weak and infirm has definite advantages for the Treasury. No need to overhaul Social Care as most will not make it past 55.

It will also free up a lot of 4 and 5 bedroom housing to keep the housing market active.

The vaccine is a myth to keep the unwashed public quiet.

If the asians had not come up with covid the government would have needed to use the stuff in Porton Down instead.

Austerity Phase 1: George Osbourne's budget

Austerity Phase 2: Covid19

Austerity Phase 3: WW3

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Cases soar,government has lost control on 09:12 - Sep 7 with 3364 viewsSaintNick

If you actually analyse the data instead of putting out a shock horror headline to this post, you will find that the rises in cases is very isolated, the M62 Corridor between Manchester and Leeds has been a problem for some time due to the "mill towns" issues and the latest rise seems to be centred around Norfolk when it was discovered 100 employees at a chicken factory had the disease.

Apart from these areas there is little rise in the infection rates anywhere else except Birmingham and a couple of other areas.

Despite the thousands flocking to beaches on the South Coast in July & August rates are very low in the South.

So perhaps herd immunity is working, there is a big increase in infections, but virtually no deaths or hospital admissions, people are getting the disease but not falling ll or dying anymore. The battle now is to make sure that the vunerable are protected and that means self isolation

Also bear in mind that this is only the rate from people tested, there are a lot more walking around who havent been tested, possibly have had it without even noticing

This could perhaps suggest that the disease has now ravaged the vunerable, but having done that is not strong enough to ravage the younger fit members of society.

To say that the government is trying to bump off your generation is absurd, the fight against this disease is not on a level equal playing field, it is safe for normal life to start to return, but sadly the older generation need to be extra careful till it is defeated,as I said that means self isolation for many

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Cases soar,government has lost control on 09:18 - Sep 7 with 3333 viewsBoris_

If the cases drop back down again then I'm sure the Guardian will be writing an article congratulating the government for being in control, yes?

Hospital admissions are flat and around 40-50 admissions across the whole of England each day and have been since lockdown was lifted.

Hospital deaths the lowest they have ever been. 2 on Saturday in England, 1 on Friday. The last time there were only 3 deaths across a 2 day period was the first week of March.

Funny how the left wing press will always lock in to whatever negative narrative they can find and will pick out the numbers that fit their agenda the best.

Our resident loons will soon be on here to tell us all that we'll see the devastating affects of this rise in 2 weeks time etc... it won't happen and then in 2 weeks time they'll ignore it when the stats show they were wrong.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 9:46]

Poll: Claude Puel

Cases soar,government has lost control on 09:57 - Sep 7 with 3304 views1885_SFC

I went into my local Tesco Express on Saturday to pick up a few bits - milk, bread, etc.

I was in there 20 seconds before a dopey gormless looking girl stood next to me where the milk was... no mask whatsoever & looking at me all sheepish.

Went down the aisle to pick up eggs. Two young lads in their late teens, gobby, chavvy types, waltzed straight past me & each picked up a case of beer... neither of them wearing a mask.

It isn't the government trying to kill you. It's your own kids.

Old School is Cool

Cases soar,government has lost control on 10:09 - Sep 7 with 3283 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Cases soar,government has lost control on 09:18 - Sep 7 by Boris_

If the cases drop back down again then I'm sure the Guardian will be writing an article congratulating the government for being in control, yes?

Hospital admissions are flat and around 40-50 admissions across the whole of England each day and have been since lockdown was lifted.

Hospital deaths the lowest they have ever been. 2 on Saturday in England, 1 on Friday. The last time there were only 3 deaths across a 2 day period was the first week of March.

Funny how the left wing press will always lock in to whatever negative narrative they can find and will pick out the numbers that fit their agenda the best.

Our resident loons will soon be on here to tell us all that we'll see the devastating affects of this rise in 2 weeks time etc... it won't happen and then in 2 weeks time they'll ignore it when the stats show they were wrong.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 9:46]

Hospital admissions are flat because the huge rise of cases is the 17-21 age group - the government have just confirmed this, which is what we all suspected.

Once these people start mingling with grandparents and the vulnerable, hospital admissions will rise. In fact my sister in-law's hospital has just (as in this weekend) seen its first couple of admissions since June ...

We are not over this until there is a vaccine.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Cases soar,government has lost control on 10:18 - Sep 7 with 3265 viewsarfurdent

Cases soar,government has lost control on 10:09 - Sep 7 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Hospital admissions are flat because the huge rise of cases is the 17-21 age group - the government have just confirmed this, which is what we all suspected.

Once these people start mingling with grandparents and the vulnerable, hospital admissions will rise. In fact my sister in-law's hospital has just (as in this weekend) seen its first couple of admissions since June ...

the vaccine is a myth

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Login to get fewer ads

Cases soar,government has lost control on 10:58 - Sep 7 with 3242 viewsSaintNick

I see your point, but two months ago everyone headed to the beaches , the young were in the pubs etc, why were their grandparents etc not infected back then, we should be seeing a backlash from July in terms of hospital admissions and deaths, bu t we aren't

I dont have the answer, I just look at the data available and ask the questions

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Cases soar,government has lost control on 11:13 - Sep 7 with 3229 viewsDorsetIan

Cases soar,government has lost control on 10:58 - Sep 7 by SaintNick

I see your point, but two months ago everyone headed to the beaches , the young were in the pubs etc, why were their grandparents etc not infected back then, we should be seeing a backlash from July in terms of hospital admissions and deaths, bu t we aren't

Isn't the answer to that simply that we didn't see the large increase in the number of cases back then.

If the incidence amongst 17-21 year olds is already on the rise, it's going to be very interesting see if the return to schools and universities 'turbo-boosts' that.

Hopefully, with the vulnerable and elderly taking a thousand times more care than at the beginning of this pandemic, there will not be the same amount of infection between the different groups as there was originally.

We're going to learn a lot in the next 4 weeks I think.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Cases soar,government has lost control on 11:39 - Sep 7 with 3221 viewsSadoldgit

I think you are right Ian. We were ill prepared when it first kicked off and paid the price. Our greater awareness, better sanitation, social distancing etc has and will help but the return to a “new normal” will bring greater challenges in the approaching winter months and we have to find ways of living with this threat until a vaccine is found. The next few months will be vital in ensuring that it doesn’t take off again when winter kicks in.
Cases soar,government has lost control on 12:22 - Sep 7 with 3172 viewsBoris_

It's not a huge rise though. It's 1500 cases to 3000. 3000 is a tiny number of cases.

If it gets to 10,000 cases+ a day and it increases the hospital admissions and deaths then we have a problem but at the moment, it doesn't seem the case.

Of course the usual suspects will politicise this again but I'd love to hear what they would do differently...

I've lost count how many times the doom mongers have said 'yeah just you wait in 2 weeks time' and hospital admissions and deaths continue to fall.

The last time they were this low was the 3rd and 4th March.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 12:23]

Cases soar,government has lost control on 12:32 - Sep 7 with 3165 viewsDorsetIan

Cases soar,government has lost control on 12:22 - Sep 7 by Boris_

It's not a huge rise though. It's 1500 cases to 3000. 3000 is a tiny number of cases.

If it gets to 10,000 cases+ a day and it increases the hospital admissions and deaths then we have a problem but at the moment, it doesn't seem the case.

Of course the usual suspects will politicise this again but I'd love to hear what they would do differently...

I've lost count how many times the doom mongers have said 'yeah just you wait in 2 weeks time' and hospital admissions and deaths continue to fall.

The last time they were this low was the 3rd and 4th March.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 12:23]

As usual, you're the only one trying to politicise this, you crazed obsessive.

It's a report. Quotes some scientists. People on this thread are talking about it. Every is interested in what it means for them and their families. It's open to interpretation (you say it's not a huge rise, but from 1500 to 3000, I make a 100% rise) and discussion.

Take it or leave it Boris, but ffs change the record.

Cases soar,government has lost control on 12:42 - Sep 7 with 3138 viewsBoris_

Cases soar,government has lost control on 12:32 - Sep 7 by DorsetIan

As usual, you're the only one trying to politicise this, you crazed obsessive.

It's a report. Quotes some scientists. People on this thread are talking about it. Every is interested in what it means for them and their families. It's open to interpretation (you say it's not a huge rise, but from 1500 to 3000, I make a 100% rise) and discussion.

Take it or leave it Boris, but ffs change the record.

The title of the thread is 'government has lost control'

The OP accuses Dominic Cummings of trying to kill him off.

Are you sure that I am the only one trying to politicise this? You're losing your mind sweetheart.

Typical left wing extremist, want to ram your opinions down everyones throat but will shout down anyone who doesn't agree with you. Once again another left wing thread started and still you've not managed to find a right wing thread ever posted.

You're like the morons and scumbags at Extinction Rebellion - closing down newspaper presses holding up placards demanding freedom of speech... the irony.

Luckily the majority are not with you and your extreme opinions, so you'll never get what you want. x
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 12:43]

Cases soar,government has lost control on 13:17 - Sep 7 with 3117 viewsDorsetIan

Cases soar,government has lost control on 12:42 - Sep 7 by Boris_

Are you sure that I am the only one trying to politicise this? You're losing your mind sweetheart.

Typical left wing extremist, want to ram your opinions down everyones throat but will shout down anyone who doesn't agree with you. Once again another left wing thread started and still you've not managed to find a right wing thread ever posted.

You're like the morons and scumbags at Extinction Rebellion - closing down newspaper presses holding up placards demanding freedom of speech... the irony.

Luckily the majority are not with you and your extreme opinions, so you'll never get what you want. x

For the love of God, change the record!!

You've said it a million times already. You really don't need to keep saying it.

Cases soar,government has lost control on 13:23 - Sep 7 with 3114 viewsgrumpy

Cases soar,government has lost control on 12:42 - Sep 7 by Boris_

Cases soar,government has lost control on 13:50 - Sep 7 with 3094 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Cases soar,government has lost control on 10:58 - Sep 7 by SaintNick

I'd also hypothesise that a lot of these cases among young people have also been 'imported' from holidays. Some of these people may well be isolating anyway, so the spread limited, some won't be.

But it's proven that it spreads more indoors. Beaches were never going to be the issue some shouted about (although the state of Bournemouth beach didn't look great), but as the weather gets more sh*t, colder, damp, the flu and cold viruses start emerging, then who knows.

I think it's very much a wait and see. I hate all this "I'm right, you're wrong, told you so" crap that pervades this forum.

So let's watch the data and see.

Personally, as a vulnerable person, I'm staying at home. My wife and son are both back in their schools and I'm worried, but will see what happens. We also won't be seeing our parents again for the same reason.

Cases soar,government has lost control on 13:56 - Sep 7 with 3078 viewsBoris_

Cases soar,government has lost control on 13:17 - Sep 7 by DorsetIan

For the love of God, change the record!!

You've said it a million times already. You really don't need to keep saying it.

So who is politicising this thread? Is the original poster politicising it or not?

Cases soar,government has lost control on 14:07 - Sep 7 with 3064 viewsDorsetIan

Cases soar,government has lost control on 13:56 - Sep 7 by Boris_

So who is politicising this thread? Is the original poster politicising it or not?

You are. In exactly the same way, with identical comments repeated ad nauseam, any time someone write something you don't like.

Grow up ffs.

Cases soar,government has lost control on 14:15 - Sep 7 with 3043 viewsBoris_

Cases soar,government has lost control on 14:07 - Sep 7 by DorsetIan

You are. In exactly the same way, with identical comments repeated ad nauseam, any time someone write something you don't like.

Grow up ffs.

The title of this thread is 'government has lost control'

The original poster is accusing Dominic Cummings of trying to kill him.

Let's make it is a bit easier for you. Is the original poster politicising the pandemic or not?

Cases soar,government has lost control on 14:48 - Sep 7 with 3031 viewsDorsetIan

Cases soar,government has lost control on 14:15 - Sep 7 by Boris_

The title of this thread is 'government has lost control'

The original poster is accusing Dominic Cummings of trying to kill him.

Let's make it is a bit easier for you. Is the original poster politicising the pandemic or not?

OK, Boris. You just carry on as you were. I am sure there are some people on this forum who find your eye-gougingly repetitive posts of interest and you obviously get some kind of perverted kick out of posting them.

Good to luck to you, mush, it can't be easy living with the levels of frustration and animosity that you display.

Cases soar,government has lost control on 15:05 - Sep 7 with 3023 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I didn't notice the original thread title, so to counter the claim, I see this also now;

-----
"Speaking to Radio 1 Newsbeat, the health secretary pointed to France and Spain, "where that second wave started largely amongst younger people, it then spreads".

"And now we're seeing a sharp rise in the number of people in hospital and the number of people who are dying in those countries."
-----

Sounds like an MP who is well in control and is looking at the data properly.

Cases soar,government has lost control on 15:34 - Sep 7 with 2997 viewsBoris_

Cases soar,government has lost control on 14:48 - Sep 7 by DorsetIan

OK, Boris. You just carry on as you were. I am sure there are some people on this forum who find your eye-gougingly repetitive posts of interest and you obviously get some kind of perverted kick out of posting them.

Good to luck to you, mush, it can't be easy living with the levels of frustration and animosity that you display.

So you don't want to acknowledge that clearly the original poster is politicising the pandemic?

OK, no need for me to reply again but no doubt you'll want the last word so you fill your boots pal. Your inconsistencies are here for all to see.

Cases soar,government has lost control on 15:50 - Sep 7 with 2991 viewsDorsetIan

Cases soar,government has lost control on 15:34 - Sep 7 by Boris_

So you don't want to acknowledge that clearly the original poster is politicising the pandemic?

OK, no need for me to reply again but no doubt you'll want the last word so you fill your boots pal. Your inconsistencies are here for all to see.

No, go on, you have the last word on this one. Post something about you being in the majority, a winner, and me an inconsistent, bedwetting, left wing extremist, and I promise I won't reply.

Cases soar,government has lost control on 16:21 - Sep 7 with 2974 viewssolent_toffee

Cases soar,government has lost control on 09:12 - Sep 7 by SaintNick

If you actually analyse the data instead of putting out a shock horror headline to this post, you will find that the rises in cases is very isolated, the M62 Corridor between Manchester and Leeds has been a problem for some time due to the "mill towns" issues and the latest rise seems to be centred around Norfolk when it was discovered 100 employees at a chicken factory had the disease.

Apart from these areas there is little rise in the infection rates anywhere else except Birmingham and a couple of other areas.

Despite the thousands flocking to beaches on the South Coast in July & August rates are very low in the South.

So perhaps herd immunity is working, there is a big increase in infections, but virtually no deaths or hospital admissions, people are getting the disease but not falling ll or dying anymore. The battle now is to make sure that the vunerable are protected and that means self isolation

Also bear in mind that this is only the rate from people tested, there are a lot more walking around who havent been tested, possibly have had it without even noticing

This could perhaps suggest that the disease has now ravaged the vunerable, but having done that is not strong enough to ravage the younger fit members of society.

To say that the government is trying to bump off your generation is absurd, the fight against this disease is not on a level equal playing field, it is safe for normal life to start to return, but sadly the older generation need to be extra careful till it is defeated,as I said that means self isolation for many

100 per cent agree.

There was a feature in Radio 4 yesterday saying that the rate of new cases varies massively across the country with Southampton one of the lowest cases only having 3 cases per 100,000 so what’s that around 9 cases per the local population. So what is Southampton doing right and can it continue until things start to slowly get back to normal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024