Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints At Burnley The Verdict 16:25 - Sep 27 with 646 viewsSaintsNews

Saints At Burnley The Verdict 27th Sep 2020 16:21
Saints got their first win of the season at the fourth attempt, but we should not get too carried away yet after the win against a poor understrength Burnley team who were too one dimensional to break down a resolute Saints defence. 16

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints At Burnley The Verdict on 21:06 - Sep 27 with 537 viewsSonicBoom

It was horrible Burnley away. We got three points and that was great.
A few downsides... Djenepo was awful going forward. Every time he got the ball he just gave it back to Bertrand on inside to the midfield. He never seemed to want to drive at Burnley which to me is the entire reason he's in the side.
Also Armstrong. Wtf? Refuses a simple ball into space for Tella who could have killed the game.
Finally our passing in their half was woeful, and I include Ings in that. We really should have buried them.
But positives..
Vestergaard! Fair play, he was very good.
Ings scoring is great for his confidence and momentum.
The fight was there, in fact if anything we bullied them!
And Adams, he needs a goal again, but he really is a good all round footballer and offers way more than Obafemi or Long.
Hopefully the three points gives the whole club a lift.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 11:27]
Saints At Burnley The Verdict on 10:02 - Sep 28 with 424 viewsIanSouthstander

Saints At Burnley The Verdict on 21:06 - Sep 27 by SonicBoom

It was horrible Burnley away. We got three points and that was great.
A few downsides... Djenepo was awful going forward. Every time he got the ball he just gave it back to Bertrand on inside to the midfield. He never seemed to want to drive at Burnley which to me is the entire reason he's in the side.
Also Armstrong. Wtf? Refuses a simple ball into space for Tella who could have killed the game.
Finally our passing in their half was woeful, and I include Ings in that. We really should have buried them.
But positives..
Vestergaard! Fair play, he was very good.
Ings scoring is great for his confidence and momentum.
The fight was there, in fact if anything we bullied them!
And Adams, he needs a goal again, but he really is a good all round footballer and offers way more than Obafemi or Long.
Hopefully the three points gives the whole club a lift.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 11:27]

Agree with most of that . Although I'm reluctant to criticise Danny under any circumstances, as we would be in the crapper without him.
As for Armstrong, he'd be 2nd on my team sheet behind Danny Ings. He didn't look fully fit to me. I reckon we rushed him back from injury for this game because an 80% Armstrong was thought better than the other options available.
We really do need to get our arse in gear and get a new face in this week.
Saints At Burnley The Verdict on 11:36 - Sep 28 with 378 viewsA1079

I did not see the game itself other than the highlights and listening to the commentary. It did not sound pretty but I don't think it ever has been with Burnley. Important win and sometimes you just have to ground out a result. Pleased we got it as traditionally we have struggled against them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024