Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas Carnage? 13:11 - Dec 18 with 30668 viewsSadoldgit

Infection rates are generally rising fast despite the tier systems so you can imagine the spike after the free for all Christmas period. Johnson obviously doesn’t want to be seen as a Grinch but by not closing down Christmas there will be a lot fewer people enjoying it with their loved ones next year.
We are battening down the hatches this Christmas. I just hope that people are sensible and do the same. Sadly though I think people will just go for it and be damned.
Christmas Carnage? on 10:47 - Dec 20 with 1487 viewskentsouthampton

Christmas Carnage? on 12:13 - Dec 20 with 1450 viewssaint22

Christmas Carnage? on 10:47 - Dec 20 by kentsouthampton

The way its being handled right now we will still be in it.....
Christmas Carnage? on 13:00 - Dec 20 with 1434 viewsSaintsforeverj

Christmas Carnage? on 08:04 - Dec 20 by saint22

We don’t think he is a bad leader it’s plain to see unless you’re blinded by political allegiance

Not at all. I can see other countries making exactly the same decisions like Italy, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Sweden. Will you or anyone else explain why it is, that Italy and the rest also suddenly went into lockdown at the last minute? Just bad leadership in various countries or impossible times, with data changing by the minute? Answer that direct question rather than just not answering! I would suggest that by not answering a simple question means that you (and a few others) are the ones blinded by political alliegiance. There is chaos in many places, why?
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 13:11]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Christmas Carnage? on 13:09 - Dec 20 with 1418 viewsSadoldgit

I am on a FB page with a group of people who have been cutting Johnson slack from day 1. Today they are all seething and telling him to “do one”. Finally the penny has dropped.
Johnson prevaricated when faced with difficult decisions. He leaves everything to the very last minute when choices become polarised then tells us that he has no choice. He has done this consistently throughout the pandemic which has cost more lives and more economic turmoil.
I read an interesting take on his behaviour about how he hates letting people down to their faces but is happy to do it behind their backs. People come out of meetings with him thinking he has agreed with them only to find out people in the other side also have his agreement. For some time he has been told that his plan for Christmas really wasn’t a good idea. Now has has had no choice but to implement new rules because, guess what, his original plan really wasn’t a good idea.
We are in a mess. The world is in a mess. We are in more of a mess than we need to be because of the appalling ineptitude of our PM and his cabinet.
Christmas Carnage? on 13:14 - Dec 20 with 1408 viewsJaySaint

Christmas Carnage? on 13:09 - Dec 20 by Sadoldgit

I am on a FB page with a group of people who have been cutting Johnson slack from day 1. Today they are all seething and telling him to “do one”. Finally the penny has dropped.
Johnson prevaricated when faced with difficult decisions. He leaves everything to the very last minute when choices become polarised then tells us that he has no choice. He has done this consistently throughout the pandemic which has cost more lives and more economic turmoil.
I read an interesting take on his behaviour about how he hates letting people down to their faces but is happy to do it behind their backs. People come out of meetings with him thinking he has agreed with them only to find out people in the other side also have his agreement. For some time he has been told that his plan for Christmas really wasn’t a good idea. Now has has had no choice but to implement new rules because, guess what, his original plan really wasn’t a good idea.
We are in a mess. The world is in a mess. We are in more of a mess than we need to be because of the appalling ineptitude of our PM and his cabinet.

I believe we are in a mess because we are needlessly shutting the country of down for the vast majority of the population that this virus is totally harmless to.

that is the great tragedy here

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Christmas Carnage? on 13:21 - Dec 20 with 1390 viewsSadoldgit

But without the shut down hospitals would be overrun and the death rate much higher. The problem was the late Ist total shutdown followed by easing it too soon when we had a handle on the infection rate. This virus kills and maims. I don’t understand why you don’t see that. I was talking to a friend last night who worked with a 30 year old with no underlying health conditions. They caught the virus on a Monday and died by the Wednesday. Y the end of the year it will have killed 70,000 people here and countless thousands across the world.
Christmas Carnage? on 13:26 - Dec 20 with 1384 viewsJaySaint

Christmas Carnage? on 13:21 - Dec 20 by Sadoldgit

But without the shut down hospitals would be overrun and the death rate much higher. The problem was the late Ist total shutdown followed by easing it too soon when we had a handle on the infection rate. This virus kills and maims. I don’t understand why you don’t see that. I was talking to a friend last night who worked with a 30 year old with no underlying health conditions. They caught the virus on a Monday and died by the Wednesday. Y the end of the year it will have killed 70,000 people here and countless thousands across the world.

how do you know?
The was PHE advising that it was safe to send OAPs to the care homes back in March. Terrible piece of advice that the Govt has to wear.

however, the continued lockdown for the vast majority of the population, whom the virus is a bout of the flu (if that), is a disgrace.

Here are some facts, when looking into Govt data (notice how this is NEVER spoken of at their briefings, and the terrible media pundits dare not bring it up).

You can go further and see the almost non-existent death rates for the u25s, yet kids are being freaked out about going to school...

Stats.......

0.06% death rate
10 in 100k *may* go into hospital
Average death age 82
Survival rate of 98.5% from the ages of 15-70 years old

With those stats....
More likely to die of drowning

The economic pain coming (due to keeping fit, healthy and safe people from running the country) is going to be worse than the virus itself, and I have no doubt, lockdown champions like you will be berating the 'Nasty Torys' for not giving everyone more free stuff...
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 13:28]

Christmas Carnage? on 13:34 - Dec 20 with 1371 viewsSaintsforeverj

I understand all of that, but this is a crazy situation that no prime minister has ever had to deal with. Italy, Northern Ireland, Wales and others have also made chaotic decisions. Why? I don't understand how you can't see that this is an extremely difficult situation to manage in all countries. As someone has just posted, some want lockdown, some don't. Save the economy or save lives or try to do both? Boris is being twisted in all directions and who can blame him for not being an expert on viruses. It's a nightmare for any PM. You can slam him along with others, call him names etc if it makes you feel better. I am trying to show a bit of understanding for the nightmarish situation he is in, based on the fact that other countries are in terrible situations too. Again, if Boris is so bad, why did Italy, Scotland, Wales do the same? Would you answer that?
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 13:38]

Login to get fewer ads

Christmas Carnage? on 13:52 - Dec 20 with 1352 views1885_SFC

Why have you never mentioned any of this before???

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 14:15 - Dec 20 with 1320 viewsBazza

Soggy you write as though Boris sits in a room and makes all the decisions out of the top of his head. Instead he has armies of civil service employees, consultants, advisors and scores of the best medical experts. This not a game, nobody wants to make bad decisions, of course he's no way perfect and the PM has the burden of leadership. How many other countries are NOT in trouble because of the virus? Please stop making totally biased political comments (as does Starmer), you're smarter than that, and its too flipping depressing. COYS
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 14:19]
Christmas Carnage? on 14:41 - Dec 20 with 1312 viewsSaintsforeverj

Christmas Carnage? on 14:15 - Dec 20 by Bazza

Soggy you write as though Boris sits in a room and makes all the decisions out of the top of his head. Instead he has armies of civil service employees, consultants, advisors and scores of the best medical experts. This not a game, nobody wants to make bad decisions, of course he's no way perfect and the PM has the burden of leadership. How many other countries are NOT in trouble because of the virus? Please stop making totally biased political comments (as does Starmer), you're smarter than that, and its too flipping depressing. COYS
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 14:19]

22 and Sogs, writing that they don't like Boris is obvious. We know his potential flaws and to just keeping pointing them out does nothing to balance a discussion. It's just subjective opinionated stuff. They won't engage in a debate by answering a simple question that I have asked about 5 times. They won't show one ounce of understanding that Boris and every other leader are in impossible situations.

As you say Bazza, Boris is being told about 10 different ways to approach this situation and has to make an impossible call. Some want lockdown, some don't. Some want Christmas, some don't. New virus variants, new mutations, it's just a nightmare. Boris doesn't know about viruses! He is not a virologist and nor is he is expected to be so! Personally I can see how difficult this is.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 14:47]

Christmas Carnage? on 16:19 - Dec 20 with 1279 viewssaint22

Christmas Carnage? on 13:14 - Dec 20 by JaySaint

I believe we are in a mess because we are needlessly shutting the country of down for the vast majority of the population that this virus is totally harmless to.

that is the great tragedy here

This is a fair point
My friends and I have constantly said since March if you have underlying health issues or are 65+ then stay home as much as possible, avoid contact etc etc
Otherwise take precautions wear a mask and get on with it
Shame our incompetent faux leader hasn’t done that
Christmas Carnage? on 16:24 - Dec 20 with 1275 viewsJaySaint

Christmas Carnage? on 16:19 - Dec 20 by saint22

This is a fair point
My friends and I have constantly said since March if you have underlying health issues or are 65+ then stay home as much as possible, avoid contact etc etc

I believe that was the initial strategy...but then the media lost the plot

Christmas Carnage? on 16:27 - Dec 20 with 1272 viewsSaintsforeverj

This is a fair point

Or the Welsh leader, the Norther Irish leader, the Scottish leader, the French leader, the Italian leader, the Spanish leader, the Belg leader, the Portuguese leader, the Greek leader, the Romanian leader, the Norwegian leader, the Finnish leader, the Chilian leader, the German leader, the Danish leader, the leader of the Czech Republic and many other countries - just for a bit of balance many, many countries are also in lockdown! Many many countries have also made the same decision as Boris to lockdown. To back up what you think is a fair point, a certain Trump agrees with you in not having lockdowns.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 16:57]

Christmas Carnage? on 18:15 - Dec 20 with 1220 viewsthissceptredsaint

I read today that we knew about this mutation in September. And yet they let us all go back to work, the kids go back to school, we were told Serco's track and trace would save us. Then the vaccine, we were told not to listen to 'lazy teachers'

Well it was all smoke. mirrors and distraction. They wanted us to spend and line the corporations pockets before telling us to play safe. You can make comparisons with other countries when it suits you, yet you say we can't be compared to other countries at other times, that our terrible death levels are some kind of exempt special circumstance. This government has blood on its hands as does the prime minister

Christmas Carnage? on 18:36 - Dec 20 with 1205 views1885_SFC

Christmas Carnage? on 18:15 - Dec 20 by thissceptredsaint

I read today that we knew about this mutation in September. And yet they let us all go back to work, the kids go back to school, we were told Serco's track and trace would save us. Then the vaccine, we were told not to listen to 'lazy teachers'

Well it was all smoke. mirrors and distraction. They wanted us to spend and line the corporations pockets before telling us to play safe. You can make comparisons with other countries when it suits you, yet you say we can't be compared to other countries at other times, that our terrible death levels are some kind of exempt special circumstance. This government has blood on its hands as does the prime minister

Old School is Cool

Christmas Carnage? on 18:39 - Dec 20 with 1200 viewsdwayne_dibley

So basically the mutations have fooked the vaccines and the only way to survive is to hide away while covid slowly kills of the elderly and vulnerable.

Government gets a much reduced social care bill and their mates continue to make a fortune supply faulty PPE

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Christmas Carnage? on 18:53 - Dec 20 with 1188 viewsSadoldgit

Christmas Carnage? on 16:24 - Dec 20 by JaySaint

I believe that was the initial strategy...but then the media lost the plot

It wasn’t the media who lost the plot.
Until the vaccines get a grip, the only way to combat the virus is to isolate those who have it, restrict movement and do the best we can to prevent people getting it in the first place. It is no accident that the first and national lockdown managed to bring down the level of infections. As soon as Johnson started messing around with tiers it went tits up. We were told that it was perfectly safe for the schools to go back (from the government, not the media) and yet guess what, the kids have spread it faster than people going to pubs. It has been one shambolic cock up after another with no sign of Johnson and his cabinet learning lessons and acting upon them. More and more Johnson supporters are now seeing him as the weak, indecisive, prevaricating fool that he really is.
Christmas Carnage? on 20:24 - Dec 20 with 1156 viewsBicester_North

This is a fair point

Your friends and you have constantly said that? That must’ve been draining for you all, to just say that the whole time since March. The Hackney school teacher you mean?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Christmas Carnage? on 21:06 - Dec 20 with 1135 viewsBazza

Christmas Carnage? on 18:53 - Dec 20 by Sadoldgit

Until the vaccines get a grip, the only way to combat the virus is to isolate those who have it, restrict movement and do the best we can to prevent people getting it in the first place. It is no accident that the first and national lockdown managed to bring down the level of infections. As soon as Johnson started messing around with tiers it went tits up. We were told that it was perfectly safe for the schools to go back (from the government, not the media) and yet guess what, the kids have spread it faster than people going to pubs. It has been one shambolic cock up after another with no sign of Johnson and his cabinet learning lessons and acting upon them. More and more Johnson supporters are now seeing him as the weak, indecisive, prevaricating fool that he really is.

You of course can speak to a lot of Boris’s supporters or how do you know? More likely been reading the usual anti govt twaddle from Corbyn’s mates in the Guardian.
Christmas Carnage? on 21:56 - Dec 20 with 1114 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 18:53 - Dec 20 by Sadoldgit

I wish I lived in Wales. The Welsh labour govt are doing so much better there, and have really unified the province.

Christmas Carnage? on 22:01 - Dec 20 with 1104 viewsSaintsforeverj

Christmas Carnage? on 21:56 - Dec 20 by Bicester_North

I wish I lived in Wales. The Welsh labour govt are doing so much better there, and have really unified the province.

They had a circuit breaker and followed the science you know. Have they not cured the virus in Wales because they followed the science? Maybe it's Boris fault.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 22:03]

Christmas Carnage? on 22:08 - Dec 20 with 1091 viewsBicester_North

Christmas Carnage? on 22:01 - Dec 20 by Saintsforeverj

They had a circuit breaker and followed the science you know. Have they not cured the virus in Wales because they followed the science? Maybe it's Boris fault.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 22:03]

They are showing us pathetic, rude, clueless English how it should be done, that’s for sure.

Christmas Carnage? on 22:11 - Dec 20 with 1085 viewsSaintsforeverj

Christmas Carnage? on 22:08 - Dec 20 by Bicester_North

They are showing us pathetic, rude, clueless English how it should be done, that’s for sure.

And f@cking Boris is leading us rude and nasty English to disaster and the Christmas from hell.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 22:12]

Christmas Carnage? on 23:27 - Dec 20 with 1053 viewsdirk_doone

What does Johnny Foreigner know? He doesn't have Strictly Come Prancing on Ice has got Talent eating bush tucker gets us out of here or Saturday Night Carnage in his city centres. He doesn't even have a proper class system, let alone Laid in Chelsea or Geordie Whore.

He just doesn't get it.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 8:47]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024