Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 21:00 - Apr 30 with 2383 viewsMattFinish

The official line was Vestergaard was sent off for denying a goal-scoring opportunity, not for serious foul play.

If that's right then the VAR decision is wrong because Vestergaard had cleared the ball out of Vardy’s reach before the supposed foul

This is BS
VAR on 21:01 - Apr 30 with 1931 viewsRon11

100%.
Football's fooked and coonts like that referee are the cause of it.
VAR on 21:04 - Apr 30 with 1917 viewsMattFinish

You could excuse the ref. He was unsighted but VAR should have overturned it or at least told the ref to go to the monitor
VAR on 21:38 - Apr 30 with 1880 viewsRon11

VAR on 21:04 - Apr 30 by MattFinish

You could excuse the ref. He was unsighted but VAR should have overturned it or at least told the ref to go to the monitor

How could he give a red card if he was unsighted?
VAR on 22:03 - Apr 30 with 1832 viewsdirk_doone

Effectively, they are saying a defender shouldn't clear the ball before Vardy reaches it. It's nonsensical rubbish. But, there are no repercussions so they don't care.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

VAR on 22:29 - Apr 30 with 1746 viewscocklebreath

As terrible as refs have always been you could always say they had a second to see it, now with VAR it makes a mockery of it, how can VAR say that’s a red?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

VAR on 08:53 - May 1 with 1545 viewsBuenosSaint

VAR on 22:29 - Apr 30 by cocklebreath

As terrible as refs have always been you could always say they had a second to see it, now with VAR it makes a mockery of it, how can VAR say that’s a red?

Looking at it again in the cold light of day.

Problem is the refs on field decision was red. So for VAR to overturn, it has to be clear and obvious error. This is where the subjectivity comes in and fooks it all up.

It would have been far more measured to give free kick and yellow as on field then see if VAR overturned to red imho. Some refs just love the attention.

Poll: The Long Future

VAR on 08:55 - May 1 with 1541 viewsMattFinish

I expect the decision to be over turned just like the Bednarek red card.

If it is surely VAR should be scrapped as not fit for purpose. Apparently it was Moss on VAR who should also be scrapped as not fit for purpose
VAR on 09:03 - May 1 with 1528 viewsSadoldgit

I don’t think that VAR is the problem. It is the way that it is used (or not used) that is the issue.
Login to get fewer ads

VAR on 09:44 - May 1 with 1495 viewsMattFinish

The lines drawn across the pitch is the worst part. They are never from square on and until they have the camera coverage to do that they should scrap the projected lines. They never give a clear and obvious representation so fly in the face of the rule. If you're trying to decide if the edge of a shirt sleeve is millimetres in front then it's not clear and obvious and the advantage should go to either Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea or Spurs
VAR on 10:02 - May 1 with 1468 viewssaint22

VAR on 09:03 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

I don’t think that VAR is the problem. It is the way that it is used (or not used) that is the issue.

It’s those who adjudicate that have no clue
VAR on 10:22 - May 1 with 1457 viewsBerber

Absolutely this, it is poor decisions by referees and officials. The underlying theme behind this decision, and others like it, is that you cannot touch an opponent when making a tackle, which, to use a much neglected word, is balderdash. No physical contact next!
VAR on 12:16 - May 1 with 1401 viewsDorsetIan

I don’t see how you can differentiate the two? We are judging VAR as it is being used. That’s all we see.

It’s slowed down the game, reduced the excitement and produced WORSE decisions than we had before.

For me, its been a complete disaster and should be scrapped so that they can start again from scratch with a less intrusive system that just corrects absolute howlers and nothing more.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

VAR on 12:44 - May 1 with 1375 viewsBison

VAR on 12:16 - May 1 by DorsetIan

I don’t see how you can differentiate the two? We are judging VAR as it is being used. That’s all we see.

It’s slowed down the game, reduced the excitement and produced WORSE decisions than we had before.

For me, its been a complete disaster and should be scrapped so that they can start again from scratch with a less intrusive system that just corrects absolute howlers and nothing more.

Well said , if we had no VAR last night and he had been sent off we would be screaming for VAR as it was such an obvious mistake but would of accepted the ref made a mistake. We had VAR last night and.........

Just get rid and lets do what we used to do , argue about it in the pub.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

VAR on 12:58 - May 1 with 1366 viewsBazza

VAR on 12:44 - May 1 by Bison

Well said , if we had no VAR last night and he had been sent off we would be screaming for VAR as it was such an obvious mistake but would of accepted the ref made a mistake. We had VAR last night and.........

Just get rid and lets do what we used to do , argue about it in the pub.

If you blame VAR you should realise you are blaming a machine!
VAR is only to assist the referees but they seem reluctant to use it properly and rarely use the pitch monitors. It really forces me to agree with the person on here that said it's as though the refs are trying to make VAR thrown out. No other sports have such problems.

Or could it be that our refs are corrupt? There's a lot of money to be made in European competitions. Maybe I'm influenced by watching the shocking recent TV series on bent coppers.
VAR on 13:18 - May 1 with 1333 viewsdarthvader

VAR on 12:58 - May 1 by Bazza

VAR is only to assist the referees but they seem reluctant to use it properly and rarely use the pitch monitors. It really forces me to agree with the person on here that said it's as though the refs are trying to make VAR thrown out. No other sports have such problems.

Or could it be that our refs are corrupt? There's a lot of money to be made in European competitions. Maybe I'm influenced by watching the shocking recent TV series on bent coppers.

For the mother of god ...and her wee donkey

keep the faith coyr

VAR on 13:42 - May 1 with 1311 viewsSadoldgit

I assume that the 4th referees are feet away from the monitors?
VAR on 14:31 - May 1 with 1266 viewskingslandstand1

VAR on 13:18 - May 1 by darthvader

For the mother of god ...and her wee donkey

Looking forward to tomorrow night then
VAR on 14:33 - May 1 with 1259 viewskingslandstand1

VAR on 13:42 - May 1 by Sadoldgit

I assume that the 4th referees are feet away from the monitors?

That's another issue. What is the point of them now. They don't even hold the boards up for the substitutions!

Oh, they do occasionally break up fights between opposing coaching staff
VAR on 14:37 - May 1 with 1257 viewskingslandstand1

VAR on 12:16 - May 1 by DorsetIan

It's been mentioned so many times, but wasn't it brought in for clear and obvious etc

If it was used for that then all would be fine. As last night was. I haven't heard anyone or read of anyone who said it was a sending off apart from that Karen Carney on the beeb who said it was an awful tackle and deserved the red
VAR on 14:40 - May 1 with 1253 viewsdarthvader

VAR on 14:31 - May 1 by kingslandstand1

Looking forward to tomorrow night then

I was going to say ...No Comment . But yes

keep the faith coyr

VAR on 09:31 - May 4 with 942 viewsDorsetIan

I'm clear about who I'm blaming. I'm blaming the idiots that introduced and continue with this VAR system.

I'm blaming the idiots who thought it would be a good idea for the people in the VAR box to decided whether a VAR review was necessary (i.e. rather than, for example, the captain of the opposition team, as in cricket).

I'm blaming the idiots who thought the best way to judge offsides would be to ignore the rule about players being level and to have it decided by drawing stupid lines on a screen.

I'm blaming the idiots who thought that the best way to identify 'clear and obvious' errors was to allow everything to be viewed with a microscope and in ultra slow motion.

I'm blaming the idiots who think that a decision is still 'clear and obvious' if it takes 4 mins for someone with a computer and a load of hi-tech equipment to work it out.

And I'm blaming the football officials who refuse to acknowledge what an absolute sh!tshow VAR is and who allow it continue its damage the game, week after week.

It's the system which is fundamentally flawed.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

VAR on 10:13 - May 4 with 904 viewsBazza

VAR on 09:31 - May 4 by DorsetIan

I'm clear about who I'm blaming. I'm blaming the idiots that introduced and continue with this VAR system.

I'm blaming the idiots who thought it would be a good idea for the people in the VAR box to decided whether a VAR review was necessary (i.e. rather than, for example, the captain of the opposition team, as in cricket).

I'm blaming the idiots who thought the best way to judge offsides would be to ignore the rule about players being level and to have it decided by drawing stupid lines on a screen.

I'm blaming the idiots who thought that the best way to identify 'clear and obvious' errors was to allow everything to be viewed with a microscope and in ultra slow motion.

I'm blaming the idiots who think that a decision is still 'clear and obvious' if it takes 4 mins for someone with a computer and a load of hi-tech equipment to work it out.

And I'm blaming the football officials who refuse to acknowledge what an absolute sh!tshow VAR is and who allow it continue its damage the game, week after week.

It's the system which is fundamentally flawed.

I agree, it’s the all human processes involved in VAR, not VAR itself.
Other sports have implemented their VAR equivalent successfully.
VAR on 10:22 - May 4 with 892 viewsdirk_doone

VAR on 10:13 - May 4 by Bazza

I agree, it’s the all human processes involved in VAR, not VAR itself.
Other sports have implemented their VAR equivalent successfully.

Yes, the bias of referees is still a major factor. The refs on VAR will take several minutes examining something that might favour a big team whereas for other teams like ours they will barely give it a cursory glance.

The bias is going to get worse when crowds return as research shows the main reason home teams win more when there are crowds is that their fans influence referees' decisions to go in favour of their team. The research also shows that the bigger the crowd, the greater the influence they have on the officials. But, on the plus side, the VAR ref is not surrounded by the crowd so he should be influenced less than the officials on the pitch.

The problem with top flight football is that it is difficult to find anyone in this country who is truly neutral. Everyone has their favourites as well as teams they dislike. Refs like Dean and Moss who have been in the game for many years will have built up stronger prejudices over time.

We have foreign players so why not foreign referees? That might solve the problem.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 10:28]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

VAR on 12:22 - May 4 with 844 viewsBazza

VAR on 10:22 - May 4 by dirk_doone

Yes, the bias of referees is still a major factor. The refs on VAR will take several minutes examining something that might favour a big team whereas for other teams like ours they will barely give it a cursory glance.

The bias is going to get worse when crowds return as research shows the main reason home teams win more when there are crowds is that their fans influence referees' decisions to go in favour of their team. The research also shows that the bigger the crowd, the greater the influence they have on the officials. But, on the plus side, the VAR ref is not surrounded by the crowd so he should be influenced less than the officials on the pitch.

The problem with top flight football is that it is difficult to find anyone in this country who is truly neutral. Everyone has their favourites as well as teams they dislike. Refs like Dean and Moss who have been in the game for many years will have built up stronger prejudices over time.

We have foreign players so why not foreign referees? That might solve the problem.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 10:28]

Foreign refs are a good suggestion.
There are a lot more qualified refs in Spain for example.
Plus having more experience of foreign refs with different styles would give England players a better knowledge of what to expect international tournaments. Worth noting that few English refs have been chosen for tournaments in recent years
VAR on 14:19 - May 4 with 769 viewsPaleRider

VAR as technology is not the problem. It's not even a problem in football - it worked well at the last World Cup. The problem is our referees.

It is sad to see how far English referees have fallen. As has been stated before - the best referees are those that go by largely un-noticed as "the game" comes first and they come second. Many of pour referees just don't get tis and think that they are the stars of the show.

The second problem is that our referees are corrupt. Not necessarily in monetary terms but in terms of protecting each other. This needs to be stamped out.

I think foreign refs are a great idea - you could have a foreign ref on the pitch and an English ref on VAR or vice versa.

Whatever happens this needs sorting for the sake of the reputation of the English game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024