Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salisu 07:55 - May 12 with 822 viewssaint22

Looked composed again last night, he is the future
Why isn't he starting?
Salisu on 08:21 - May 12 with 794 viewsSaintNick

Again I think its a strange one when he plays he looks the part, possibly he didnt start last night because Palace are a team of big strong players so they wanted to use the muscle of Bednarek & Vestergaard

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Salisu on 08:34 - May 12 with 783 viewsRon11

Salisu on 08:21 - May 12 by SaintNick

Again I think its a strange one when he plays he looks the part, possibly he didnt start last night because Palace are a team of big strong players so they wanted to use the muscle of Bednarek & Vestergaard

Bednarek got stuck in to them, and got a yellow card.
Maybe he was subbed to avoid going down to ten men again. Salisu reminds me of Van Dijk when he has the ball, calm and reads the game well. He's going to be a class player.
To be fair to Jack Stephens, I thought he had a reasonable game last night, especially going forward, but he still got caught out a few times and had to make panicked runs after he had been caught out.
Salisu on 08:41 - May 12 with 777 viewskingslandstand1

Salisu on 08:34 - May 12 by Ron11

Bednarek got stuck in to them, and got a yellow card.
Maybe he was subbed to avoid going down to ten men again. Salisu reminds me of Van Dijk when he has the ball, calm and reads the game well. He's going to be a class player.
To be fair to Jack Stephens, I thought he had a reasonable game last night, especially going forward, but he still got caught out a few times and had to make panicked runs after he had been caught out.

Good point about the substitution especially with Zaha on tbe pitch. Re Salisu I'm still a bit sceptical in as much he may be a bit too casual on thd ball and has in the past made a few potentially costly mistakes but hopefully he will learn from that

Last night Vestergard also lost the ball a few times and it wasn't his best game which Dirk will no doubt agree with

Let's be honest, this area is def a contentious one as to what the best pairing is.

Both Bed and Vest were the best thing since sliced bread a couple of months ago
Salisu on 09:23 - May 12 with 740 viewsSaintNick

Salisu on 08:41 - May 12 by kingslandstand1

Good point about the substitution especially with Zaha on tbe pitch. Re Salisu I'm still a bit sceptical in as much he may be a bit too casual on thd ball and has in the past made a few potentially costly mistakes but hopefully he will learn from that

Last night Vestergard also lost the ball a few times and it wasn't his best game which Dirk will no doubt agree with

Let's be honest, this area is def a contentious one as to what the best pairing is.

Both Bed and Vest were the best thing since sliced bread a couple of months ago

Salisu is young and learning and when he came into the side we were in disarray, he wasn't the only one making mistakes by a long chalk.

Stephens had a good game, but it also highlights why he is at best a squad player and that is concentration, he could have undone all the good work when he let that ball run under his foot.

I never quite agreed that Bednarek and Vestergaard were the ideal partnership, I have often commented they don't compliment each other, they are both big strong players who want to attack the ball, Vesterggard has the sit back and controlling role but he can't read the game as was shown in goals conceded against Burnley and West Brom, when Bednarek went off Vestergaard was in his natural role and marked Benteke but he barely won a header.

With time & experience Bednarek and Salisu could form a partnership that would compliment each other

Salisu on 09:44 - May 12 with 718 viewssaints__fan__73

I think it's fairly certain we'll sell Vestergaard in the Summer. We need to strengthen in a lot of areas and have no cash so if Salisu is capable of being a starter then it makes sense to sell JV.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Salisu on 09:48 - May 12 with 714 viewsRon11

Salisu on 09:44 - May 12 by saints__fan__73

I think it's fairly certain we'll sell Vestergaard in the Summer. We need to strengthen in a lot of areas and have no cash so if Salisu is capable of being a starter then it makes sense to sell JV.

Salisu's being watched already, I'm sure.
Salisu on 10:01 - May 12 with 697 viewsSaintNick

A very sensible opinion , we signed Salisu last summer to replace Vestergaard, we have got more out of him than we could have hoped a year ago, get a big fee and reinvest it

Salisu on 10:17 - May 12 with 680 viewssaint22

Salisu on 10:01 - May 12 by SaintNick

A very sensible opinion , we signed Salisu last summer to replace Vestergaard, we have got more out of him than we could have hoped a year ago, get a big fee and reinvest it

Thats tbd though isnt it

Big fee yes for sure, reinvest it maybe, correctly reinvest who knows.......
Login to get fewer ads

Salisu on 10:19 - May 12 with 678 viewsdirk_doone

Yes, it would be a good idea to sell him for a good price while we still can. The more people see him play, the lower his transfer valuation is going to fall.

We're always going to concede goals when he plays. Salisu looks a much better player.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Salisu on 10:36 - May 12 with 669 viewsSonicBoom

It seems if we do strengthen the areas we need to then we will be goi g into next season with virtually a new team. Hope they bed in in time.

What is it with our CB's? Vestergaard allowed a simple ball to run under his foot against Leicester. OK he recovered and shouldn't have been sent off but he put himself in that position by a simple lack of control.
Last night Stephens was under no pressure, ball goes under his foot and we nearly concede again.
This is the very basics of football that kids are taught. Is it a lack of focus through arrogance? Or is is a lack of technique due to struggling to cope with the pressure?
These are mistakes that PL players should not be making.
Salisu on 20:29 - May 12 with 567 viewsSadoldgit

To be pedantic, if he is the future then why would he be be playing regularly now?
Putting being a smart arse aside, although a little raw still, he does look worthy of a place in the side.
Salisu on 10:14 - May 14 with 388 viewsRon11

Salisu on 10:36 - May 12 by SonicBoom

It seems if we do strengthen the areas we need to then we will be goi g into next season with virtually a new team. Hope they bed in in time.

What is it with our CB's? Vestergaard allowed a simple ball to run under his foot against Leicester. OK he recovered and shouldn't have been sent off but he put himself in that position by a simple lack of control.
Last night Stephens was under no pressure, ball goes under his foot and we nearly concede again.
This is the very basics of football that kids are taught. Is it a lack of focus through arrogance? Or is is a lack of technique due to struggling to cope with the pressure?
These are mistakes that PL players should not be making.

The difference between Vestergaard/Bednarek/Stephens and Van Dijk is that they have to concentrate 100% of the time to do a reasonable job whereas van Dijk could do it all the time and look like he was out for a Sunday stroll in the park.
Salisu also has that calm look about him on the ball.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024