Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St Mary's 11:52 - Jun 21 with 901 viewsSaintNick

Anyone go to the Queen thing at the weekend

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

St Mary's on 12:20 - Jun 21 with 872 viewsBLEEDRED

Went on Saturday, Good to hear live music, they were not too bad, did not pretend to be Queen. We went for the dinning option, not sure having Petersfield Lamb on the menu was a wise choice!

Met a couple of long term season ticket holders who have not renewed if fans like them are not going does not look to promising for the number of season tickets ( heard a number of 75% renewed )
St Mary's on 12:46 - Jun 21 with 840 viewssaintwizzler

St Mary's on 12:20 - Jun 21 by BLEEDRED

Went on Saturday, Good to hear live music, they were not too bad, did not pretend to be Queen. We went for the dinning option, not sure having Petersfield Lamb on the menu was a wise choice!

Met a couple of long term season ticket holders who have not renewed if fans like them are not going does not look to promising for the number of season tickets ( heard a number of 75% renewed )

Another one bites the dust

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

St Mary's on 14:14 - Jun 21 with 786 viewsTimSaint

St Mary's on 12:46 - Jun 21 by saintwizzler

Another one bites the dust

The Show Must Go On !!

TimSaint

St Mary's on 14:18 - Jun 21 with 783 viewsdwayne_dibley

No

Was it a scattering of Phillip's ashes?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2021 14:19]

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

St Mary's on 09:57 - Jun 23 with 579 viewsSaintNick

St Mary's on 12:20 - Jun 21 by BLEEDRED

Saints are going to have to work hard to get season ticket holders back in the fold, they are caught in a rock and a hard place, when they make 2000 season tickets available at £399 as they did 2 years ago they get little credit, when they move 400 season ticket holders to create 800 premium seats they are slaughtered, mainly by people who have nothing to do with that area of the ground.

We have spent the last 7 summers slagging off the club and I sadly think it is time that people moved on a little, either by looking at the reality of Premier League football these days or by leaving it behind.

The club have to try and create a supporter base who are positive towards the club and not at its throat all the time.

Gao gets lots of bad press, but he hasn't taken a penny out of the club, one of his first actions when he arrived was to refuse to sell Virgil Van Dijk to Liverpool, yet people still say we accept any offer that is put on the table.

This club will die if we are not careful, I hate to say this but Pompey could have almost as many season ticket holders as us and if you think we are going through bad times look at their failures over the last few years, it is time to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Gao out is the cry he would love to sell I suspect, but prospective buyers aren't actually attracted by a loyal fan base who back the owner are they ?

St Mary's on 10:02 - Jun 23 with 576 viewssaints__fan__73

St Mary's on 09:57 - Jun 23 by SaintNick

Saints are going to have to work hard to get season ticket holders back in the fold, they are caught in a rock and a hard place, when they make 2000 season tickets available at £399 as they did 2 years ago they get little credit, when they move 400 season ticket holders to create 800 premium seats they are slaughtered, mainly by people who have nothing to do with that area of the ground.

We have spent the last 7 summers slagging off the club and I sadly think it is time that people moved on a little, either by looking at the reality of Premier League football these days or by leaving it behind.

The club have to try and create a supporter base who are positive towards the club and not at its throat all the time.

Gao gets lots of bad press, but he hasn't taken a penny out of the club, one of his first actions when he arrived was to refuse to sell Virgil Van Dijk to Liverpool, yet people still say we accept any offer that is put on the table.

This club will die if we are not careful, I hate to say this but Pompey could have almost as many season ticket holders as us and if you think we are going through bad times look at their failures over the last few years, it is time to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Gao out is the cry he would love to sell I suspect, but prospective buyers aren't actually attracted by a loyal fan base who back the owner are they ?

When 85% + of the club's revenue comes from areas other than tickets and stadium purchases you can see why the club isn't that bothered as they are still on the PL gravy train.

Nick, will you now admit you were wrong when you said how important fans in the stadium were to the PL product. You suggested that fans in foreign climbs would turn off if the stadiums were partially empty and there was no 'atmosphere' coming through the TV.

The past years have shown this wasn't the case and even with computer generated crowd noise and colourful banners over the seats the viewing figures abroad did not decrease at all.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

St Mary's on 10:50 - Jun 23 with 554 viewsdwayne_dibley

St Mary's on 10:02 - Jun 23 by saints__fan__73

When 85% + of the club's revenue comes from areas other than tickets and stadium purchases you can see why the club isn't that bothered as they are still on the PL gravy train.

Nick, will you now admit you were wrong when you said how important fans in the stadium were to the PL product. You suggested that fans in foreign climbs would turn off if the stadiums were partially empty and there was no 'atmosphere' coming through the TV.

The past years have shown this wasn't the case and even with computer generated crowd noise and colourful banners over the seats the viewing figures abroad did not decrease at all.

so true, the Championship elevator clubs are survivingnicely on the parachute payments from their brief incursions into the Bottom 6 of the PL.

I should imaging the bottom 14 PL clubs are looking carefully at the cost savings from running games without spectators in attendance.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

St Mary's on 10:54 - Jun 23 with 552 viewsSaintNick

St Mary's on 10:02 - Jun 23 by saints__fan__73

Im sorry but you just dont get it, if I live in the 80's then you live in the 90's.

The Premier League revenue is something everyone gets, it doesn't vary that much, in 2019/20 the last results available at present, Liverpool who won the league got £17 million from the premier League including TV revenue etc, Saints in 11th got £123 million.

If we look at clubs who finished between 5th and 13th Leicester in 5th got £148m and Newcastle got £120 million,

So the difference even from top to mid table is negligible, not even one player for Liverpool.

The Premier League isn't a gravy train, the big clubs are big because of the money they make on top of the premier League .

Liverpool made £50 million more than us from the Premier League, they made about £400 million more than us in outside revenue.

But we are not competing with Liverpool or any of the big six, we are competing with Everton Aston Villa and Brighton, all will get roughly the same money from the Premier League, it will fluctuate by about £20 million.

If we want to get back into the top 10 we have to find money to buy players and that is not from the Premier league, we budget that money to pay our known costs.

We need to generate income from elsewhere, why have Liverpool sudddenly jumped above the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal, it isnt the money from the Premier League, it is from outside revenue .

A full stadium means more merchandising, more advertising and bigger advertising revenue, Saints drop 5,000 supporters next year and that is a lot of lost income and will probably mean we can sign one even two less players than if we sold 23,000 season tickets and had a 30,000 average crowd.

Here you will come back to me and tell me 5,000 fans is only a drop of £3 million in revenue for ticket sales and that is a drop in the ocean blah blah blah ! stuck in the 1980's blah blah blah.

But that shows a lack of knowledge in how football clubs work , not hard to find out, come back when you have discovered google

Login to get fewer ads

St Mary's on 11:36 - Jun 23 with 520 viewsbarry_sanchez

St Mary's on 09:57 - Jun 23 by SaintNick

I'd rather be in the Championship with something to aspire to, staying afloat having to sell to stay afloat isn't progression nor sport, we merely exist to be used as a stepping stone for more aspirational clubs or the bigger ones wanting European football, is this it, if it really is then I can't blame fans for turning away, you want sport, competition and as level a playing field as possible, its getting worse.
The clubs with the most days trippers, cling ons and christmas trees wins the trophies mostly or nearly always.
Since St Marys we've a plastic rugby support anyway, going down we would get shot of them and have a more militant loud support defo.
As for Gao what has he done for the club? What has he done for the community? Why did he buy in the first place? He's an opportunist who bought a wrong'un.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

St Mary's on 12:38 - Jun 23 with 506 viewsSaintNick

St Mary's on 11:36 - Jun 23 by barry_sanchez

I'd rather be in the Championship with something to aspire to, staying afloat having to sell to stay afloat isn't progression nor sport, we merely exist to be used as a stepping stone for more aspirational clubs or the bigger ones wanting European football, is this it, if it really is then I can't blame fans for turning away, you want sport, competition and as level a playing field as possible, its getting worse.
The clubs with the most days trippers, cling ons and christmas trees wins the trophies mostly or nearly always.
Since St Marys we've a plastic rugby support anyway, going down we would get shot of them and have a more militant loud support defo.
As for Gao what has he done for the club? What has he done for the community? Why did he buy in the first place? He's an opportunist who bought a wrong'un.

You are totally right in most of what you say.

Gao bought us as China wanted investment in football and to be respected in sport, the political issues scuppered that, but we will never compete with Liverpool etc now, even Spurs and Arsenal cant

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024