Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? 00:29 - Jul 29 with 1040 viewsSaintsforeverj

So Chelsea have announced that every game will require either a negative test or a Covid passport. A few clubs have started selling tickets for their first game, without mentioning the conditions, whilst most clubs are waiting for guidance before putting tickets on sale.

I am double jabbed, happy to take a test and have no problem with this set up personally. But how an earth are clubs going to manage this? How will they check that the person walking into the ground, is the person they said they were when the ticket is bought? Yes, we can all be registered and our vaccination / covid status checked online, before the ticket is issued, but what is to stop me giving my ticket to a family member when I can't make it? The obvious answer is to check the ID of every fan and compare it to the name on the ticket / ST to be sure fans arn't using someone else's ST or a ticket bought by a friend.

But checking IDs would take too much time right? I know for a fact that at the Leeds game with only 8000 fans, they started just letting people in without checking IDs as too many fans turned up 10 minutes before the kick off and it was taking too long. The queue was stretched right round St Mary's. How will they ensure that those who arn't vaccinated have taken a test? Make them turn up at a centre before the game to do the 30 minute test? Ask them to send off a test every Wednesday before the game? Do a test at home, but there is then no proof of who actually did the test. What if a fan wanted to get a ticket on the day of the game or the day before? Quite right to be trying to keep fans safe, but how can it work?? If this kind of long winded, full of hassle setup happens, how many fans won't bother going?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 0:52]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 08:27 - Jul 29 with 928 viewssaintwizzler

Lateral Flow Tests operate on the person being truthful.
You don’t even need to do the test to post the result online.
Then if it’s positive there is nothing stopping you posting it’s negative.
You then receive an email and text which is shown on entry to the ground.

If covid result checks on the turnstile are in place then get there in plenty of time.
Down to you if you miss some of the match.

Yes, there will be people who arrive late, this can’t be helped.
But do yourselves a favour, get there early.

Worked easily enough at Wembley in the summer, apart from the final when it was mayhem.

More staff will be needed, hopefully some that can speak English unlike Wembley.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 08:56 - Jul 29 with 909 viewssaint22

Its another example of clueless strategy from those supposedly 'in charge'
Its like all this business of relaxing quarantine rules for US and EU travellers who are vaccinated yet then adding countries to the list we need to quarantine from on return
The virus doesnt choose which countries and people it infects
there has to be a universal rule or just dont bother
its ludicrous
Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 10:03 - Jul 29 with 873 viewsBerber

The majority will play it by the rules. The usual culprits will always seek to cheat. This process is no different to everyday life, yet we don't fret unduly about it. I'd rather they did the right thing by the rest of us, but they prefer not to and that is their right and choice. They are part of the risks that the majority have to put up with. I'm not going to worry about it.
Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 14:09 - Jul 29 with 812 viewsSaintsforeverj

Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 08:56 - Jul 29 by saint22

Its another example of clueless strategy from those supposedly 'in charge'
Its like all this business of relaxing quarantine rules for US and EU travellers who are vaccinated yet then adding countries to the list we need to quarantine from on return
The virus doesnt choose which countries and people it infects
there has to be a universal rule or just dont bother
its ludicrous

But what is the answer? Theatres, nightclubs could more easily check everyone coming in, and they already do anyway with security at the door. But 70 000 at the big grounds? The Euro final is the example of a big game where football fans arn't the same as theatre goers! They won't just go in quietly, showing their IDs. This is probably why tickets arn't out for Everton yet. They are working out what to do that is practical. And tests - the test at home tests can be manipulated. How many fans with mild symptoms might just say they are negative because they don't want to miss a big game?

And it was mentioned about getting there early. Not everybody can get to the ground early, especially evening games. They will just have to expect people to be jabbed and do a test and hope everyone follows the rules I suppose.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 14:20]

Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 21:19 - Jul 29 with 706 viewssaintwizzler

Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 14:09 - Jul 29 by Saintsforeverj

But what is the answer? Theatres, nightclubs could more easily check everyone coming in, and they already do anyway with security at the door. But 70 000 at the big grounds? The Euro final is the example of a big game where football fans arn't the same as theatre goers! They won't just go in quietly, showing their IDs. This is probably why tickets arn't out for Everton yet. They are working out what to do that is practical. And tests - the test at home tests can be manipulated. How many fans with mild symptoms might just say they are negative because they don't want to miss a big game?

And it was mentioned about getting there early. Not everybody can get to the ground early, especially evening games. They will just have to expect people to be jabbed and do a test and hope everyone follows the rules I suppose.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 14:20]

There were no problems going in the ground and showing your covid results for 4 out of 5 of the Euro 2020 games I went to.
It was very smooth and quick.

The final was a different matter. We’ve all seen the pictures.

Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 21:31 - Jul 29 with 701 viewsSaintsforeverj

Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 21:19 - Jul 29 by saintwizzler

There were no problems going in the ground and showing your covid results for 4 out of 5 of the Euro 2020 games I went to.
It was very smooth and quick.

The final was a different matter. We’ve all seen the pictures.

The responsible majority will have their Covid status ready etc. But thousands of Millwall, Leeds, Pompey fans whatever won't be responsible will they? How did they make sure people tested negative before the England games? They did a test at home and came to the game with proof? You can easily forge a Covid test if you do it home - many will. At the FA cup semi final, fans had to arrive at a designated centre to avoid fans just pretending they are negative.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 21:38]

Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 21:56 - Jul 29 with 678 viewssaintwizzler

Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 21:31 - Jul 29 by Saintsforeverj

The responsible majority will have their Covid status ready etc. But thousands of Millwall, Leeds, Pompey fans whatever won't be responsible will they? How did they make sure people tested negative before the England games? They did a test at home and came to the game with proof? You can easily forge a Covid test if you do it home - many will. At the FA cup semi final, fans had to arrive at a designated centre to avoid fans just pretending they are negative.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 21:38]

What is the answer then?

Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 22:29 - Jul 29 with 667 viewsSaintsforeverj

Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 21:56 - Jul 29 by saintwizzler

What is the answer then?

I don't think there is one - it won't work without chaos. It's meant to stop the irresponsible from getting in but I can't see how it will unless they test 32 000 people before a game or check the ID of everyone. I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/covid-scotland

[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 22:40]

Login to get fewer ads

Covid Passports / Negative Test in practice? on 15:23 - Jul 30 with 541 viewsericofarabia

Genuine query about showing your Double Jabbed Status or whatever on your phone. From personal experience Wifi signal at SMS is p!ss poor at the best of times, get 32000 Track and Trace Blue Tooth devices "talking" to any other device within 2 metres of it should be interesting.

And what exactly does all this actually achieve whilst 60% of new cases are Double Jabbed in the 1st place?

Track and Trace Pinging will go into overload across the country aftrer the 1st round of fixtures!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024