Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ings pulled off 21:53 - Oct 22 with 1223 viewsBicester_North

And Villa lose three in a row. Such a shame to see.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ings pulled off on 21:55 - Oct 22 with 1219 viewscocklebreath

The midget pirate will be home in an hour checking his bank balance, he’ll go to bed with a smile on his face

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ings pulled off on 22:01 - Oct 22 with 1209 viewsBicester_North

Ings pulled off on 21:55 - Oct 22 by cocklebreath

The midget pirate will be home in an hour checking his bank balance, he’ll go to bed with a smile on his face

A disappointing night for our fans who wished him well.

Ings pulled off on 22:09 - Oct 22 with 1188 viewspjt50

Villa woeful without Grealish. Ings & Watkins not gelling at all. A decent win tomorrow & we could overtake them.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Ings pulled off on 22:24 - Oct 22 with 1163 viewsdirk_doone

I like Ings and always appreciate players who gave us great service but it would be hilarious if we finished above Villa this season.

Saints top 10, Villa below us, Newcastle and Little Pompey relegated would be a good end to the season.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 22:27]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ings pulled off on 22:30 - Oct 22 with 1138 viewsdirk_doone

Ings pulled off on 21:55 - Oct 22 by cocklebreath

To be fair, it wasn't about bank balance. He wanted to go to a top six club to win trophies but they weren't interested so, failing that, he saw Villa as the next best option. Premier League footballers are not only motivated by money. They all know they have more than enough of that but very few of them win trophies.

But, I will still enjoy the schadenfreude if we finish above Villa this season.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 22:35]

Ings pulled off on 22:36 - Oct 22 with 1125 viewsBicester_North

Ings pulled off on 22:30 - Oct 22 by dirk_doone

To be fair, it wasn't about bank balance. He wanted to go to a top six club to win trophies but they weren't interested so, failing that, he saw Villa as the next best option. Premier League footballers are not only motivated by money. They all know they have more than enough of that but very few of them win trophies.

Have Villa got that much more of a silverware chance than Saints? Will they win a title or European trophy in his time?

Both clubs best hope is probably a domestic cup if they get lucky. Yes great player while he was here but we offered him a chance of being Saints best paid player ever and he took the other offer.

Ings pulled off on 22:40 - Oct 22 with 1105 viewsdirk_doone

Ings pulled off on 22:36 - Oct 22 by Bicester_North

Have Villa got that much more of a silverware chance than Saints? Will they win a title or European trophy in his time?

Both clubs best hope is probably a domestic cup if they get lucky. Yes great player while he was here but we offered him a chance of being Saints best paid player ever and he took the other offer.

Looking back at last summer, yes, they looked better placed to win silverware. Obviously he'd have preferred one of the big six but they didn't want him. He took a punt on Villa and it now looks like he may have made a mistake. As I said, it will be funny if we finish above Villa.

Ings pulled off on 22:45 - Oct 22 with 1093 viewsBicester_North

Ings pulled off on 22:40 - Oct 22 by dirk_doone

Looking back at last summer, yes, they looked better placed to win silverware. Obviously he'd have preferred one of the big six but they didn't want him. He took a punt on Villa and it now looks like he may have made a mistake. As I said, it will be funny if we finish above Villa.

After they sold Grealish?

I don’t know, Smith seems to pick weak teams for the cups, at least Ralph usually picks a strong one probably recognising it’s our best hope.

Login to get fewer ads

Ings pulled off on 22:48 - Oct 22 with 1089 viewspjt50

No problem with Ings leaving (it was a good bit of business for us) until he came out with the stuff about Saints only ever being a one contract move.

Interesting to hear Semmens' comments the other week about his disappointment at players who said they were buying into the project & then jumped ship. Pretty clear who he was talking about.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Ings pulled off on 22:49 - Oct 22 with 1088 viewsRon11

Ings pulled off on 22:01 - Oct 22 by Bicester_North

A disappointing night for our fans who wished him well.

Ings was great for Saints, but left with the air of a petulant child, sulky, and grumpy .
So fu ck him.
Ings pulled off on 22:53 - Oct 22 with 1081 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Ings pulled off on 22:49 - Oct 22 by Ron11

Ings was great for Saints, but left with the air of a petulant child, sulky, and grumpy .
So fu ck him.

This. Another transient player, f**k him. He was never a Saints fan, that made up crap still annoys me.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Ings pulled off on 23:06 - Oct 22 with 1070 viewshedgeend61

Ings pulled off on 22:30 - Oct 22 by dirk_doone

Dirk, I think he did go for a few extra shillings as he has realistically as much as much chance of winning the FA/League Cup here as Villa, and putting out a 2nd team v Chelsea reserves in the LC now leaves Villa just the FA Cup, a big ask, and mid table at best.
At least we put out a decent competitive team under Ralph trying to win Cup games.

All that money Villa spent and they make The Arsenal look decent, jeez.

He could have retired nearly as rich and a hero if he'd stayed here, probably with no trophies to show his Grandchildren, but he won't at Villa either.

But fcuk him, clear yer lungs big time on Bonfire night, and boo him as loud as you can.
Ings pulled off on 23:45 - Oct 22 with 1026 viewsdirk_doone

Ings pulled off on 23:06 - Oct 22 by hedgeend61

Dirk, I think he did go for a few extra shillings as he has realistically as much as much chance of winning the FA/League Cup here as Villa, and putting out a 2nd team v Chelsea reserves in the LC now leaves Villa just the FA Cup, a big ask, and mid table at best.
At least we put out a decent competitive team under Ralph trying to win Cup games.

He could have retired nearly as rich and a hero if he'd stayed here, probably with no trophies to show his Grandchildren, but he won't at Villa either.

But fcuk him, clear yer lungs big time on Bonfire night, and boo him as loud as you can.

There are certainly going to be fireworks at that game: 8pm kick-off on November 5th.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2021 23:46]

Ings pulled off on 23:53 - Oct 22 with 1008 viewscocklebreath

So fu ck him.

He was good but he was no Rickie Lambert, a true saints legend.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ings pulled off on 05:25 - Oct 23 with 940 viewssaint68

Ings pulled off on 23:53 - Oct 22 by cocklebreath

He was good but he was no Rickie Lambert, a true saints legend.

Nods in full agreement.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Ings pulled off on 07:29 - Oct 23 with 898 viewssaint22

So fu ck him.

This
A nice home win on the 5th and Danny gets hooked like last night
Money grabbing tool
Ings pulled off on 09:28 - Oct 23 with 804 viewsSaintNick

Ings pulled off on 23:06 - Oct 22 by hedgeend61

The disappointment for most was not the fact that he went, but the manner in which it happened, Semmens alluded to it as he was under the impression that Ings was happy to stay unless a club in the champions league came in for him, as the season approached it was clear that was not going to happen and suddenly Villa came in from nowhere.

Every player goes past his sell by date and Ings being injury prone and approaching 30 it was good business for Saints although it would have been better to keep him from a playing perspective this season.

Someone said that Ings is no Rickie Lambert, the truth is Ings is a better player than Lambert, but not the legend that lambert continues to be.

Lambert got out of Saints just as his star was beginning to wane, so he is remembered with affection, I would also say that Lambert leaving was damped down because of the other departures, he went to Liverpool a little too quickly I would say, it was glossed over because it was his boyhood club etc, but he must have known his game time would be limited there and it would cost him his place in the England squad.

At the end of the day both Ings and Lambert left Saints for exactly the same reasons it is just the perception.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ings pulled off on 10:27 - Oct 23 with 749 viewsHeisenberg

Ings pulled off on 09:28 - Oct 23 by SaintNick

The disappointment for most was not the fact that he went, but the manner in which it happened, Semmens alluded to it as he was under the impression that Ings was happy to stay unless a club in the champions league came in for him, as the season approached it was clear that was not going to happen and suddenly Villa came in from nowhere.

Every player goes past his sell by date and Ings being injury prone and approaching 30 it was good business for Saints although it would have been better to keep him from a playing perspective this season.

Someone said that Ings is no Rickie Lambert, the truth is Ings is a better player than Lambert, but not the legend that lambert continues to be.

Lambert got out of Saints just as his star was beginning to wane, so he is remembered with affection, I would also say that Lambert leaving was damped down because of the other departures, he went to Liverpool a little too quickly I would say, it was glossed over because it was his boyhood club etc, but he must have known his game time would be limited there and it would cost him his place in the England squad.

At the end of the day both Ings and Lambert left Saints for exactly the same reasons it is just the perception.

I don’t agree Ings and Lambert left for exactly the same reasons. Ricky left after an offer to play for his boyhood club who he watched on the terraces. Ings left solely for money leaving his so called boyhood club. As Semmens said 2 players let the club down. Ings was one and I suspect either Bertrand or Vestergaard were the others. None of them are setting the world in fire since they left so feck em

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Ings pulled off on 11:10 - Oct 23 with 703 viewsSadoldgit

Footballers are no different to the rest of us and will make decisions about their employment in exactly the same way. People change jobs for more money, better opportunities, better conditions, because they aren’t happy at their current place of work etc. I can’t see anything wrong with that. Livramento will move on at some point too. Enjoy these players while they are here and look forward to new hero’s in the future. Most badge kissing players are just guns for hire. We have to stop investing in them the same loyalty levels we have for the club.
Ings pulled off on 11:30 - Oct 23 with 697 viewskingslandstand1

Ings pulled off on 11:10 - Oct 23 by Sadoldgit

Footballers are no different to the rest of us and will make decisions about their employment in exactly the same way. People change jobs for more money, better opportunities, better conditions, because they aren’t happy at their current place of work etc. I can’t see anything wrong with that. Livramento will move on at some point too. Enjoy these players while they are here and look forward to new hero’s in the future. Most badge kissing players are just guns for hire. We have to stop investing in them the same loyalty levels we have for the club.

Makes me laugh with Salah at Liverpool at the moment
Wants to spend the rest of his career there but it's up to the club!
Ffs, is that not a money grabbing declaration
Ings pulled off on 11:34 - Oct 23 with 693 viewskingslandstand1

Have just read on game report that he was lowest rated Villa player. All were 6.0 and above, he was on his own at 5.5!
Ings pulled off on 11:37 - Oct 23 with 689 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's the way Ings did it. Did he have to release a statement to the press saying he would only leave for a top 4 club? If he felt it was definite because he thought he is so good, one of them would want him, then how arrogant is that! He is either very arrogant or a liar. Where was the respect to his apparent boyhood club and its fans? What is to like about that? And I knew it at the time. He was silent, arrogant, said nothing and was playing poorly.

I would have respected him more if he just said "I'm going nowhere here, there's no money, no ambition, I'm getting paid more at Villa, so I'm leaving" but no he gave us a whole load of cr@p. I hope we do Villa at St Mary's and rub it in like mad that he made a massive mistake.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 11:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ings pulled off on 19:22 - Oct 23 with 533 viewsMrangry25

So fu ck him.

totally agree with this, we gave him a chance and stood by him when he was injured and he basically stuck two fingers up.

God help him on Friday night, I hope Salisu goes through him like a steam train.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024