Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cabango 10:38 - Jul 31 with 3432 viewsRichardO

If considered fully fit for 90 minutes of championship football would you play him or not, if you would play him how would fit him in, if not why not?
Cabango on 10:44 - Jul 31 with 2448 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Would play him immediately he was our best defender last season when played in his correct position as a centre half and not out of position as a full back.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Cabango on 10:48 - Jul 31 with 2446 viewsKerouac

I'd play him.
Strong in the air, strong in the tackle and capable of bringing it forward and committing a midfielder to close him down before giving it.

He is our only player who consistently wins his headers.

He is also an asset that we should be developing, potentially the next £10m + player.

Only problem is, with expensive new signing Darling, the experienced Naughton and the promising Wood, Cabango's inclusion means at least 1 good player gets dropped, two if we go to a flat back four.

For this reason I should imagine Martin will persist with last season's formation...which means we will be stuck with 2 wing-backs in the side with no pace, little attacking use and played so far up the pitch that our back 3 is exposed every time we give the ball away in midfield.
(I am not making a comment on yesterday, I did not see any of yesterday...I have no idea how we played...just commenting on what I have witnessed so far).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Cabango on 10:58 - Jul 31 with 2399 viewsonehunglow

Cabango on 10:44 - Jul 31 by felixstowe_jack

Would play him immediately he was our best defender last season when played in his correct position as a centre half and not out of position as a full back.

All day long
Solid lad who if left alone to play in his best position will go on to be a stella player.
Seen by some as a liability.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cabango on 11:16 - Jul 31 with 2378 viewsKeithHaynes

Cabango on 10:58 - Jul 31 by onehunglow

All day long
Solid lad who if left alone to play in his best position will go on to be a stella player.
Seen by some as a liability.

Cabango is going to the world cup if he stays injury free, with all due respects to Sorinola and Wood …

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cabango on 11:55 - Jul 31 with 2315 viewsBadlands

Wood isn’t ready for Championship football, yet. His attempt to get involved immediately prior to Rotherham's goal either overexcitement or immaturity.
Cabango every day imo.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cabango on 14:06 - Jul 31 with 2245 viewsRichardO

Could we play Darling, Wood and Carbango with Naughton sweeping behind the three, would mean losing one in the middle of midfield but maybe the wingbacks won't need to do as much tracking back making it a 4 in midfield, would put Piroe as a number 10 would be the pivotal role but he seems to be that anyway.
Cabango on 14:47 - Jul 31 with 2204 viewsBadlands

Cabango on 14:06 - Jul 31 by RichardO

Could we play Darling, Wood and Carbango with Naughton sweeping behind the three, would mean losing one in the middle of midfield but maybe the wingbacks won't need to do as much tracking back making it a 4 in midfield, would put Piroe as a number 10 would be the pivotal role but he seems to be that anyway.

Might work.
What is obvious is we don’t have effective wing backs so continuing trying to play that formation is a bit daft. Given how slow our midfield is in thought and action the forwards are not going to get the service they need to flourish.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cabango on 16:03 - Jul 31 with 2161 viewsGixerJack

Cabango on 14:06 - Jul 31 by RichardO

A bit too narrow defensively for me, if your going to use 3 central defenders and a sweeper along with wingbacks why not go for a traditional back 4 with out and out wingers?

The obvious reply is we haven’t got wingers good enough but that’s also the case for wingbacks
Login to get fewer ads

Cabango on 16:53 - Jul 31 with 2100 viewsRichardO

Cabango on 16:03 - Jul 31 by GixerJack

A bit too narrow defensively for me, if your going to use 3 central defenders and a sweeper along with wingbacks why not go for a traditional back 4 with out and out wingers?

The obvious reply is we haven’t got wingers good enough but that’s also the case for wingbacks

I'd be happy to try and play them as a more traditional back four, Darling seems comfortable on the left, Cabango rarely got beaten on the right he usually got to grips with most wingers but if you prefer him in the middle play Wood on the right given he supposedly use to be a sprinter.
Early days yet but it might be the foundation to build the team on?
Cabango on 16:58 - Jul 31 with 2082 viewspencoedjack

Without doubt.

Very good centre half.
Cabango on 17:47 - Jul 31 with 2041 viewsonehunglow

Cabango on 16:58 - Jul 31 by pencoedjack

Without doubt.

Very good centre half.

He should be seen by now as really one of the first names on the team sheet.
Cancel that THE first name.
Massively underated whilst bog average players are lauded as great.

Cabango on 17:50 - Jul 31 with 2035 viewsKeithHaynes

Cabango on 16:53 - Jul 31 by RichardO

I'd be happy to try and play them as a more traditional back four, Darling seems comfortable on the left, Cabango rarely got beaten on the right he usually got to grips with most wingers but if you prefer him in the middle play Wood on the right given he supposedly use to be a sprinter.
Early days yet but it might be the foundation to build the team on?

Darling is a very special,player, he cropped up all over the pitch yesterday and in midfield, the goal was spectacular.

The next big transfer.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cabango on 18:05 - Jul 31 with 2018 viewsWhiterockin

Cabango on 17:50 - Jul 31 by KeithHaynes

Darling is a very special,player, he cropped up all over the pitch yesterday and in midfield, the goal was spectacular.

The next big transfer.

Hopefully there will be no big transfers until next summer.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Cabango on 18:18 - Jul 31 with 1993 viewsonehunglow

Cabango on 17:50 - Jul 31 by KeithHaynes

The next big transfer.

I agree

Cabango on 09:28 - Aug 1 with 1866 viewsCatullus

Cabango on 10:48 - Jul 31 by Kerouac

I'd play him.
Strong in the air, strong in the tackle and capable of bringing it forward and committing a midfielder to close him down before giving it.

He is our only player who consistently wins his headers.

He is also an asset that we should be developing, potentially the next £10m + player.

Only problem is, with expensive new signing Darling, the experienced Naughton and the promising Wood, Cabango's inclusion means at least 1 good player gets dropped, two if we go to a flat back four.

For this reason I should imagine Martin will persist with last season's formation...which means we will be stuck with 2 wing-backs in the side with no pace, little attacking use and played so far up the pitch that our back 3 is exposed every time we give the ball away in midfield.
(I am not making a comment on yesterday, I did not see any of yesterday...I have no idea how we played...just commenting on what I have witnessed so far).

I completely agree. More than that, I'll say put him in for Naughton, as good as Naughton has been he is the past now, Ben has his better years ahead of him and we need a player who will compete with the Ogbene's and stop us conceding as many goals like Ogbene's.

Darling is the better footballer but he looks a bit weak in the air compared to Cabango. Maybe its just settling in and he'll do better in time but we need someone there now who will compete physically.
To paraphrase Shankly, Darling will get a decent tune from the piano but Cabango is the one who carried it into the room.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cabango on 10:06 - Aug 1 with 1847 viewsonehunglow

Cabango on 09:28 - Aug 1 by Catullus

I completely agree. More than that, I'll say put him in for Naughton, as good as Naughton has been he is the past now, Ben has his better years ahead of him and we need a player who will compete with the Ogbene's and stop us conceding as many goals like Ogbene's.

Darling is the better footballer but he looks a bit weak in the air compared to Cabango. Maybe its just settling in and he'll do better in time but we need someone there now who will compete physically.
To paraphrase Shankly, Darling will get a decent tune from the piano but Cabango is the one who carried it into the room.

Refreshing to read

Naughton,whilst put under any pressure really is shot down.Whatever pace he had has gone which sees him literally walking around on the oitch in the 94 th minute when we should be pressing for a winner.
Sadly ,like Grimes,undropable

Cabango on 10:33 - Aug 1 with 1830 viewsRichardO

Did Cabango play in any of the friendlies if not would seem strange to play a full 90mins for under21s and not been given time to play in a first team game before the season starts.
Now will Martin put him straight in or will he be reluctant to change the team, for me he must come in,if he is fit enough.
Agree Naughton is struggling for pace, has done for a number of years
Cabango on 10:53 - Aug 1 with 1807 viewsWhiterockin

Cabango on 10:33 - Aug 1 by RichardO

Did Cabango play in any of the friendlies if not would seem strange to play a full 90mins for under21s and not been given time to play in a first team game before the season starts.
Now will Martin put him straight in or will he be reluctant to change the team, for me he must come in,if he is fit enough.
Agree Naughton is struggling for pace, has done for a number of years

Naughton reads the game better than any of our defenders that's why he starts. Yes his pace is going but he is often in the right place at the right time. My three defenders to start would be Cabango, Darling and Naughton. Tough on Wood but time is on his side and its a long season, things will change.

Cabango on 10:58 - Aug 1 with 1796 viewsRichardO

Cabango on 10:53 - Aug 1 by Whiterockin

Naughton reads the game better than any of our defenders that's why he starts. Yes his pace is going but he is often in the right place at the right time. My three defenders to start would be Cabango, Darling and Naughton. Tough on Wood but time is on his side and its a long season, things will change.

Can't disagree but will he change it?
Cabango on 11:06 - Aug 1 with 1778 viewsWhiterockin

Cabango on 10:58 - Aug 1 by RichardO

Can't disagree but will he change it?

Players will get injured or lose form through the season, throw in cup matches where some players are rested and there will be changes. I would be surprised if our defence is the same at the start of the season and the end. This is without a formation change, which IMO is due because our wing backs are poor. Then there is the possibility of transfers as I said its a long season.

Cabango on 13:44 - Aug 1 with 1716 viewsonehunglow

Cabango on 10:53 - Aug 1 by Whiterockin

He s reading the game alright
Others are playing it

Cabango on 13:59 - Aug 1 with 1710 viewsraynor94

Cabango on 13:44 - Aug 1 by onehunglow

Others are playing it

One of the first names on the sheet, perfect foil for the 3 youngsters

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cabango on 14:08 - Aug 1 with 1697 viewsonehunglow

Cabango on 13:59 - Aug 1 by raynor94

One of the first names on the sheet, perfect foil for the 3 youngsters

Thought yiu meant Cabango.

Anyway,let scnot squabble today.

But note when I do post “positive”.

Ben is a tremendous lad

Cabango on 14:38 - Aug 1 with 1676 viewsraynor94

Cabango on 14:08 - Aug 1 by onehunglow

Thought yiu meant Cabango.

Anyway,let scnot squabble today.

But note when I do post “positive”.

Ben is a tremendous lad

Don't disagree with the last sentence at all

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cabango on 14:38 - Aug 1 with 1676 viewsWhiterockin

Cabango on 13:44 - Aug 1 by onehunglow

Others are playing it

According to you sometimes not very well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024