Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crossing 19:52 - Dec 29 with 3596 viewsBrianMcCarthy

4 crosses out of 36 completed (11%).

1 striker against 3 centre backs.
2 holding midfielders and a 10 who plays a mile from his 9.

And yet we kept crossing, every attack, over and over again

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Have to question the tactics on this one.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Crossing on 10:34 - Dec 30 with 537 viewsnix

I would agree with you Hunter but also Iroegbunan. He's only 19 so should have bundles of energy to make ground and get up and down the pitch. But no shots, no key passes, no crosses, or in our area no clearances, no blocked shots or interceptions, two unsuccessful dribble attempts, less than half ground duels won. He should be busting a gut to get into the opposition penalty area. If he's not doing that, if he's tasked to close things down in our penalty area, then why isn't he making clearances, or blocking shots, or intercepting the ball, or acting as a bridge between defence and attack.

You give someone like Albert a free pass, he's going to struggle to make up a lot of ground. But a 19 year old with something to prove playing for the first team. Not good enough.
Crossing on 11:14 - Dec 30 with 460 viewsParkRoyalR

Crossing on 10:06 - Dec 30 by daveB

The second one (assuming its the one where ball is played across goal and he doesn't react) was him on his heels again, never anticipates things always waiting then reacting so he keeps missing those kind of chances. It was 3-0 at the time though so I'll give him a pass on that

Yes, the second one,

Worryingly he does anticipate but doesn't get his body shape right, in that his first move should be to get in front of and block-off the defender so if he can't get clean contact he might win a penalty,

This is what natural goal-scoring forwards like Austin would do, in the same way Dunne beats his man first and then thinks about the ball,

This is the sort of stuff you learn from a young age playing football against bigger kids in the street and park, something Dykes may not have in his DNA,

Which is why we need to play him with a 2nd forward and revert to 3-5-2 or at least get the 10's running on and pass him or closer to him.
Crossing on 14:00 - Dec 30 with 370 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Crossing on 19:54 - Dec 29 by plasmahoop

Spot on. Was trying to say this on the other thread, but you put it far more eloquently. You have to work out what you're trying to do. Hopefully critchley can

Funny, I was talking to distortR on the phone after the match and I quoted your line, saying that you put it far better than me!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024