Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beckham v JWP 18:34 - Mar 16 with 2952 viewssolent_toffee

BBC online are showing all of Beckham’s free kicks, comparing them to Ward Prowse.

IMHO Ward Prowse’s are better. Certainly a lot further out than Beckham’s and the walls and goalies aren’t as well set up as they are now.
Beckham v JWP on 17:46 - Mar 17 with 2764 viewsI_would

Maybe Beckham just shades WP as he could keep up with play, dribble, beat players, cross the ball well, anticipate, defend and score from open play.

Whereas WP does some decent free kicks, passes the ball (usually backwards and sideways), does some decent free kicks, passes the ball (usually backwards and sideways) and does some decent free kicks, passes the ball (usually backwards and sideways).
[Post edited 17 Mar 2023 17:47]

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Beckham v JWP on 08:45 - Mar 18 with 2650 viewsMessysaints

Beckham v JWP on 17:46 - Mar 17 by I_would

Maybe Beckham just shades WP as he could keep up with play, dribble, beat players, cross the ball well, anticipate, defend and score from open play.

Whereas WP does some decent free kicks, passes the ball (usually backwards and sideways), does some decent free kicks, passes the ball (usually backwards and sideways) and does some decent free kicks, passes the ball (usually backwards and sideways).

Not seen Beckham play I_would? dribbling? lol Tackling? lol beat players? lol.

Right on the others, But big difference to one person playing in a great United team full of top top players that dominated the league and challanged in europe for 10 years to a player who plays in a team full of apprenticeships fighting relegation for 10 years..
Beckham v JWP on 11:28 - Mar 18 with 2601 viewsI_would

Beckham v JWP on 08:45 - Mar 18 by Messysaints

Not seen Beckham play I_would? dribbling? lol Tackling? lol beat players? lol.

Right on the others, But big difference to one person playing in a great United team full of top top players that dominated the league and challanged in europe for 10 years to a player who plays in a team full of apprenticeships fighting relegation for 10 years..

Why can't JWP stand out from our dross squad and set an example, after all he is, supposed to be, the Captain.

Beckham v JWP on 12:31 - Mar 18 with 2584 viewsMessysaints

Beckham v JWP on 11:28 - Mar 18 by I_would

Why can't JWP stand out from our dross squad and set an example, after all he is, supposed to be, the Captain.

i think your the only one who has that opinion
Beckham v JWP on 13:47 - Mar 18 with 2547 viewsI_would

Beckham v JWP on 12:31 - Mar 18 by Messysaints

i think your the only one who has that opinion

Wrong. There are plenty of football fans who support Saints that don't have a collectively hysterical bias towards the boy. His regular inclusion in the starting eleven seems to coincide with our failed performances in the PL positions and his promotion to Captain has put another nail in our PL status coffin. Saints FC can NEVER have success with him in the MF due to the hole in the middle that he provides.

Beckham v JWP on 14:49 - Mar 18 with 2518 viewsMessysaints

Beckham v JWP on 13:47 - Mar 18 by I_would

Wrong. There are plenty of football fans who support Saints that don't have a collectively hysterical bias towards the boy. His regular inclusion in the starting eleven seems to coincide with our failed performances in the PL positions and his promotion to Captain has put another nail in our PL status coffin. Saints FC can NEVER have success with him in the MF due to the hole in the middle that he provides.

Football fans? who? you cant even get 1 fan on here to back you up. you google JWP and you see people trying to sell him to the top teams, Obviously poor.

Our 2nd highest goal scorer, most assists, most chances created.

HE PLAYS A HOLDING ROLE FFS

Even Perruad has more goals than all are attacking midfielders, a LB. thats all the evidence i need to provide.

Why dont you blame the forwards who are being shown up by a 50 year old Walcott.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 14:52]
Beckham v JWP on 16:10 - Mar 18 with 2483 viewsI_would

Beckham v JWP on 14:49 - Mar 18 by Messysaints

Football fans? who? you cant even get 1 fan on here to back you up. you google JWP and you see people trying to sell him to the top teams, Obviously poor.

Our 2nd highest goal scorer, most assists, most chances created.

HE PLAYS A HOLDING ROLE FFS

Even Perruad has more goals than all are attacking midfielders, a LB. thats all the evidence i need to provide.

Why dont you blame the forwards who are being shown up by a 50 year old Walcott.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 14:52]

No fans on here can see the actual way Prowse plays. They've all been successfully brainwashed. As far as Prowse going to a better club when we are relegated, good news for the TUI brainwashed fans! He ain't going anywhere! There have been no confirmed bids come in for him and there won't be any when we're relegated. We'll be paying his ludicrous £100k pw for 3 years in the Championship. Ain't hard for anyone to be 2nd highest goalscorer with the lowest goals tally in the Prem. As far as being a holding MF that's a laugh he can't even tackle or defend.

Beckham v JWP on 16:48 - Mar 18 with 2468 viewsMessysaints

Beckham v JWP on 16:10 - Mar 18 by I_would

No fans on here can see the actual way Prowse plays. They've all been successfully brainwashed. As far as Prowse going to a better club when we are relegated, good news for the TUI brainwashed fans! He ain't going anywhere! There have been no confirmed bids come in for him and there won't be any when we're relegated. We'll be paying his ludicrous £100k pw for 3 years in the Championship. Ain't hard for anyone to be 2nd highest goalscorer with the lowest goals tally in the Prem. As far as being a holding MF that's a laugh he can't even tackle or defend.

You keep telling your self that.
Login to get fewer ads

Beckham v JWP on 17:06 - Mar 18 with 2457 views1885_SFC

Beckham v JWP on 11:28 - Mar 18 by I_would

You mug.

Old School is Cool

Beckham v JWP on 10:23 - Mar 19 with 2302 viewsBison

Beckham v JWP on 17:46 - Mar 17 by I_would

Premier League

2022/2023

Chances created
#
Name
Stat
1 Kevin De Bruyne
Chances created per 90: 3.6 78.0
2 Kieran Trippier
Chances created per 90: 2.9 73.0
3 Bruno Fernandes
Chances created per 90: 2.8 71.0
4 James Ward-Prowse
Chances created per 90: 2.2 62.0
5 Martin Ødegaard
Chances created per 90: 2.5 61.0
6 Bukayo Saka
Chances created per 90: 2.3 58.0
7 Andreas Pereira
Chances created per 90: 2.2 56.0
8 Pascal Gross
Chances created per 90: 2.1 51.0
9 James Maddison
Chances created per 90: 2.6 48.0
10 Trent Alexander-Arnold
Chances created per 90: 2.2

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Beckham v JWP on 11:00 - Mar 19 with 2285 viewsChesham_Saint

Beckham v JWP on 13:47 - Mar 18 by I_would

“Hysterical bias”?

That would be…YOU.

You’re obsessed with him man. Get some counselling or something; this hysterical bias of yours just can’t be healthy.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Beckham v JWP on 10:59 - Mar 20 with 2236 viewsSaintNick

Beckham v JWP on 11:00 - Mar 19 by Chesham_Saint

“Hysterical bias”?

That would be…YOU.

You’re obsessed with him man. Get some counselling or something; this hysterical bias of yours just can’t be healthy.

Why do some of our fans have an obsessive hatred of certain players, personally I think JWP does a lot of work off the ball and when we are on the back foot puts in a lot of effort and is often the one to tidy up a loose ball etc.

Even if you think that he isnt as good as others, the fact is he is the most effective player at the club, leading scorer with 7 goals, plus behind only Che Adams in terms of assists.

Then with 48 tackles made he is only 3 behind Salisu who has made the most.

In terms of shots on goal he has had 39 only Che Adams has had more.

He is way out in front of passes made with 1,462, that is 400 more than the next man Salisu.

He has had 1,950 touches of the ball, that is 400 more than the next man, again Salisu and the 9th highest in the Premier League and as you would expect most of those in front of him are from the top 6 clubs.

In fact the only list that he is way down in is that of being dispossed, that has happened only 19 times, or roughly once every 1 1/2 games.

Put simply these stats show that he is at the heart of everything that Saints do, whether it is defending or attacking he is in the top 2 Saints players

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Beckham v JWP on 14:18 - Mar 20 with 2205 viewsI_would

Beckham v JWP on 10:59 - Mar 20 by SaintNick

Why do some of our fans have an obsessive hatred of certain players, personally I think JWP does a lot of work off the ball and when we are on the back foot puts in a lot of effort and is often the one to tidy up a loose ball etc.

Even if you think that he isnt as good as others, the fact is he is the most effective player at the club, leading scorer with 7 goals, plus behind only Che Adams in terms of assists.

Then with 48 tackles made he is only 3 behind Salisu who has made the most.

In terms of shots on goal he has had 39 only Che Adams has had more.

He is way out in front of passes made with 1,462, that is 400 more than the next man Salisu.

He has had 1,950 touches of the ball, that is 400 more than the next man, again Salisu and the 9th highest in the Premier League and as you would expect most of those in front of him are from the top 6 clubs.

In fact the only list that he is way down in is that of being dispossed, that has happened only 19 times, or roughly once every 1 1/2 games.

Put simply these stats show that he is at the heart of everything that Saints do, whether it is defending or attacking he is in the top 2 Saints players

I don't hate any players, although I must admit Eyyounoussi is far from funny. I just do not rate WP as a player. I agree he puts a lot of effort in but more is required to stay up than effort. We need more creative attacks, something which WP lacks.

Because he is leading scorer says a lot about why we are bottom.

As far as tackles made , we are 3rd worst goals away so not a success there, in fact WP was closely involved in 2 goals away on against Spurs.

To say he's 2nd in shots made to Adams is also not a compliment as Adams shouldn't be on the pitch anyway.

You say he is way out in front of passes made. This is because WP pings the ball back, usually sideways and backwards, as soon as it comes near him. This is something he's always done, not only to keep his pass rate up, but to keep his success high in completed passes.

Thousands of touches, see above.

You say he is at the heart of everything that Saints do, but don't forget we're bottom of the league. In fact we started to slide down the PL positions under Ralph which has coincided with WP playing every match and being installed as Captain.

To be truly thought of as one of our best MF players WP would have to enjoy possession instead of pinging away the responsibility to others, start creating some triangles and overload into some attacking positions in the penalty area, and score goals from open play. Also we had double figures corners on sat which came to nothing, maybe a new corner taker is required.

I appreciate Ralph, NJ and Selles haven't got a record of personally improving PL players but, for all the hype about WP I think he should be better. Only my opinion, of course.

Beckham v JWP on 18:44 - Mar 20 with 2163 viewsMessysaints

Beckham v JWP on 14:18 - Mar 20 by I_would

I don't hate any players, although I must admit Eyyounoussi is far from funny. I just do not rate WP as a player. I agree he puts a lot of effort in but more is required to stay up than effort. We need more creative attacks, something which WP lacks.

As far as tackles made , we are 3rd worst goals away so not a success there, in fact WP was closely involved in 2 goals away on against Spurs.

To say he's 2nd in shots made to Adams is also not a compliment as Adams shouldn't be on the pitch anyway.

You say he is way out in front of passes made. This is because WP pings the ball back, usually sideways and backwards, as soon as it comes near him. This is something he's always done, not only to keep his pass rate up, but to keep his success high in completed passes.

You say he is at the heart of everything that Saints do, but don't forget we're bottom of the league. In fact we started to slide down the PL positions under Ralph which has coincided with WP playing every match and being installed as Captain.

To be truly thought of as one of our best MF players WP would have to enjoy possession instead of pinging away the responsibility to others, start creating some triangles and overload into some attacking positions in the penalty area, and score goals from open play. Also we had double figures corners on sat which came to nothing, maybe a new corner taker is required.

I appreciate Ralph, NJ and Selles haven't got a record of personally improving PL players but, for all the hype about WP I think he should be better. Only my opinion, of course.

A deep playing mid, normally a position filled by 2 player ( Lavia and prowse ) is in the top 10 for chances created, he is 4th in the whole league as has already been pointed out to you.

Premier League

2022/2023

Chances created
#
Name
Stat
1 Kevin De Bruyne
Chances created per 90: 3.6 78.0
2 Kieran Trippier
Chances created per 90: 2.9 73.0
3 Bruno Fernandes
Chances created per 90: 2.8 71.0
4 James Ward-Prowse
Chances created per 90: 2.2 62.0
5 Martin Ødegaard
Chances created per 90: 2.5 61.0
6 Bukayo Saka
Chances created per 90: 2.3 58.0
7 Andreas Pereira
Chances created per 90: 2.2 56.0
8 Pascal Gross
Chances created per 90: 2.1 51.0
9 James Maddison
Chances created per 90: 2.6 48.0
10 Trent Alexander-Arnold
Chances created per 90: 2.2
Beckham v JWP on 21:50 - Mar 20 with 2108 viewsSFC_Referee

Well you say those corners created “nothing” yet we managed to get a penalty outta one and it was another one of his crossed which got us the second goal from Saturday. And even did well as a captain doing that team talk when we went 3-1 down to make sure the players didn’t give up and got us back into that game to get us that point back.
As he’s not a hyped player whatsoever, as many underrate him due to his free kick ability, thinking that it’s just free kicks which is all that he’s good at and he’s just poor at everything else, which his performances this season, as well as many others, have shown clearly isn’t the case.

As almost every pundit out there, as well as 99% of saints fans, have all agreed that Prowse is the main reason we’ve not been relegated yet and still do have a hope of staying up. As it’s his performances against Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, Leicester that helped us to get almost half our points from the season as a whole! And even then he’s managed to give us hope and a chance of getting points back in many other games like Fulham, Liverpool and even the other spurs game to a certain degree, where unfortunately other mistakes cost us.
And for big teams wanting him, it’s almost certain that he’ll be going if we do go down this season, as yeah not all the rumours are true, but it’s a fact that many teams have been interested in him and have probably seen him as an option, and I’m fairly certain that an offer was confined by Villa last summer, so that’s at least 1 bid that happened.

But at the end of the day there’s a reason why practically all saints, pundits and even opposing fans/neutrals all say that it’s Prowse who’s kept us in the fight to stay up and it’s him who’s been our star player. As yeah look he’s not perfect and probably isn’t the best captain we’ve ever had, but he’s still a top quality player for us and is the reason we’ve still got a chance of staying up

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Beckham v JWP on 10:14 - Mar 21 with 2039 viewssolent_toffee

Beckham v JWP on 21:50 - Mar 20 by SFC_Referee

Well you say those corners created “nothing” yet we managed to get a penalty outta one and it was another one of his crossed which got us the second goal from Saturday. And even did well as a captain doing that team talk when we went 3-1 down to make sure the players didn’t give up and got us back into that game to get us that point back.
As he’s not a hyped player whatsoever, as many underrate him due to his free kick ability, thinking that it’s just free kicks which is all that he’s good at and he’s just poor at everything else, which his performances this season, as well as many others, have shown clearly isn’t the case.

As almost every pundit out there, as well as 99% of saints fans, have all agreed that Prowse is the main reason we’ve not been relegated yet and still do have a hope of staying up. As it’s his performances against Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, Leicester that helped us to get almost half our points from the season as a whole! And even then he’s managed to give us hope and a chance of getting points back in many other games like Fulham, Liverpool and even the other spurs game to a certain degree, where unfortunately other mistakes cost us.
And for big teams wanting him, it’s almost certain that he’ll be going if we do go down this season, as yeah not all the rumours are true, but it’s a fact that many teams have been interested in him and have probably seen him as an option, and I’m fairly certain that an offer was confined by Villa last summer, so that’s at least 1 bid that happened.

But at the end of the day there’s a reason why practically all saints, pundits and even opposing fans/neutrals all say that it’s Prowse who’s kept us in the fight to stay up and it’s him who’s been our star player. As yeah look he’s not perfect and probably isn’t the best captain we’ve ever had, but he’s still a top quality player for us and is the reason we’ve still got a chance of staying up

Every team involved in the relegation battle would be delighted if JWP got injured for the rest of the season (not that I’d wish an injury on a non-LFC player).

If he’s injured, Saints get relegated, IMHO.

He’s a match winner and as you say he’s won a lot of Saints points this season.
Beckham v JWP on 12:26 - Mar 21 with 2003 viewsHollywood56

Beckham v JWP on 16:10 - Mar 18 by I_would

where does this idiot come from, did spurs leave the moron behind? As fgor Walcott he's only 34 but I get your point lol
Beckham v JWP on 12:30 - Mar 21 with 2000 viewsHollywood56

What a Tvvat
Beckham v JWP on 14:00 - Mar 21 with 1961 viewsI_would

Beckham v JWP on 12:30 - Mar 21 by Hollywood56

What a Tvvat

You are!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024