Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baseball 21:23 - May 31 with 4208 viewsSaintNick

Im quite fond of baseball, I prefer it to cricket these days

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Baseball on 12:20 - Jun 2 with 774 viewssaint901

I've been to a few games in Washington, NYC, Boston etc and the constant movement in the crowd is the same.

The clubs rely upon franchise income (beer at $12) because the cost of a ticket for many games is low.

The games are also broken up with time for TV to show ads and if cricket gets going over there, we'll see the same.

I have played "pick up" cricket in the US. Pick up is essentially whomever is in the park and wants to play so all abilities from none to good. One guy rocked up who was a university (college) baseball player and tried to persuade the bowler to chuck down a full toss. He complained that as soon as the ball hit the ground, it was "unplayable".

Think there is an education program needed.
Baseball on 18:11 - Jun 4 with 700 viewswashington_saint

Baseball on 23:31 - May 31 by cotswoldsaint

Was a massive follower of Hampshire CC in the 70's/80's, dream team openers of Barry Richards and Gordon Greenidge, Jesty the super all rounder and the demon Andy Roberts leading the bowling. Was there ever a better Hants county side??

You forgot Malcolm Marshall, Chirs Smith, Robin Smith (OK it was just after....)......unbelievable days watching those teams. Opposition teams always knew they were in trouble if Greenidge started limping - all hell would then break loose!

As for the original poster - baseball is utter s***e - so dull. Give me a good Test match or T20 over baseball any day of the week.
Baseball on 19:17 - Jun 4 with 681 viewsHorndeansaint

Baseball on 18:11 - Jun 4 by washington_saint

You forgot Malcolm Marshall, Chirs Smith, Robin Smith (OK it was just after....)......unbelievable days watching those teams. Opposition teams always knew they were in trouble if Greenidge started limping - all hell would then break loose!

As for the original poster - baseball is utter s***e - so dull. Give me a good Test match or T20 over baseball any day of the week.

As is often said, Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That opinion might be utter shiet but they’re still entitled to it.
Baseball on 21:14 - Jun 4 with 656 viewskernow

No clue about baseball but the Seattle connection rings loud.
My favourite pint glass commemorates them winning the championship back in the late nineties.
Asked the bartender to keep it for a souvenir. No problem if you put a dollar in the charity box on top of the bar.
Like Seattle, good times there.
Baseball on 22:29 - Jun 4 with 637 viewssledger

Baseball on 18:11 - Jun 4 by washington_saint

the great malcolm marshall,small in stature,but bowled at express pace and had a throwing arm like a howitzer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024