Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Walsh 07:55 - Jul 17 with 2181 viewsshandyjack

Is he still injured and missed a large chunk of pre season again? Haven't seen him mentioned anywhere or in any club videos etc

Poll: Expectation for the season

Liam Walsh on 08:16 - Jul 17 with 2134 viewsKeithHaynes

Seems to be about.

After two years of stop-start frustration for the 25-year-old, he’s now arguably facing his most important season yet in south Wales. With a new gaffer to impress and the midfield there to be shaken up, Walsh has the opportunity to lay down a marker, one fans know he is more than capable of, especially after his impressive return to the side after so long out.

His words at the backend of the last campaign illustrate his positive mindset.

“Being back is great, but the result is the most important thing, and obviously that was really disappointing that we did not get a win,” he said of his return against Stoke City.

“But when I sit back and think about all the hard work I have put in over the last six or seven months, all those hours in the gym, you feel it has paid off when you get back out there.

“It was great to be back out on the pitch, just that feeling of being on the bench and being ready to come on gives you such a huge buzz and I’ve really missed that.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Liam Walsh on 09:07 - Jul 17 with 2056 viewsmagicdaps10

Same applies with Ogbeta....."supposedly" injured.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Liam Walsh on 10:42 - Jul 17 with 1918 viewsjasper_T

In the first video they released he was on the player list with an asterisk like all the other injured players. Unlike Ogbeta we don't actually know what happened or seen him on crutches afaik.
Liam Walsh on 12:24 - Jul 17 with 1762 viewsonehunglow

One to sell surely whenever possible
A disastrous signing

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Liam Walsh on 12:39 - Jul 17 with 1726 viewsRichardO

Hope the club can sort his injury issues out, on the outings he had last season looked very good if a little naive in some challenges, fine line between being competitive and leaving yourself open to injury with ill advised confrontation especially if it is with some old headed pros.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 12:41]
Liam Walsh on 12:43 - Jul 17 with 1709 viewsRhonddaSwans

If so that's gutting think of the lads mental health , looked like a good player when fit . Let's hope it isn't long term again , might just be a precaution . There is a reason the club has invested so much into him.

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

Liam Walsh on 12:45 - Jul 17 with 1704 viewsWhiterockin

Liam Walsh on 12:24 - Jul 17 by onehunglow

One to sell surely whenever possible
A disastrous signing

He's a fantastic player, links up well and quickly, finds space between the lines where there is none. Obvious issue is he doesn't play often enough. Disastrous signing never, but so far it hasn't reaped the rewards we both would have liked.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Liam Walsh on 13:27 - Jul 17 with 1606 viewsonehunglow

Liam Walsh on 12:45 - Jul 17 by Whiterockin

He's a fantastic player, links up well and quickly, finds space between the lines where there is none. Obvious issue is he doesn't play often enough. Disastrous signing never, but so far it hasn't reaped the rewards we both would have liked.

Well,pointless being talented if he simply seems made of glass.
He has been anonymous,hence my comments

Login to get fewer ads

Liam Walsh on 17:51 - Jul 17 with 1420 viewsFireboy2

It's obvious that perch hasn't seen him play, if had then he wouldn't call him disastrous.

I don't comment on players I haven't seen play.

On Walsh, I hope and pray he stays fit, as you say he looks to get into the gaps between the midfield and defence, he will prosper under duff.
Liam Walsh on 17:56 - Jul 17 with 1408 viewsonehunglow

Liam Walsh on 17:51 - Jul 17 by Fireboy2

It's obvious that perch hasn't seen him play, if had then he wouldn't call him disastrous.

On Walsh, I hope and pray he stays fit, as you say he looks to get into the gaps between the midfield and defence, he will prosper under duff.

Now you are going all perchy
Seen him play?
Given his infrequency of his appearances it would be fortuitous for anyone to see him play
You are another that picks his chums out and defends them? Like Martin and now Aeslsh
The reason you use perch is simply to try and reinforce your personal problem with me
Why not DM me or see me at Preston
I ll be in that club , the one near the fire station you refused to allow me to park
Walsh has proven nothing and I stand by every word

Liam Walsh on 17:59 - Jul 17 with 1405 viewsonehunglow

Now that is how to reply so take note firey boy
Decent,articulate but on my view incorrect
I hope he comes good and I will doff my cap to
Might be much doffing of caps
Let's hope so

Liam Walsh on 18:03 - Jul 17 with 1393 viewsmax936

Liam Walsh on 17:51 - Jul 17 by Fireboy2

It seems obvious that despite his hard work in the gym his attitude to being the best he can, if his body can't cope with the rigours of all that, there's not much or anyone can do, its a somewhat sad thing for him, I'd love to see him fit and well and playing again like he did, but it seems unlikely. gutted for him and us, he's a talented player who has all the desire to do well. gutted for him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Liam Walsh on 18:08 - Jul 17 with 1386 viewsFireboy2

Liam Walsh on 18:03 - Jul 17 by max936

It seems obvious that despite his hard work in the gym his attitude to being the best he can, if his body can't cope with the rigours of all that, there's not much or anyone can do, its a somewhat sad thing for him, I'd love to see him fit and well and playing again like he did, but it seems unlikely. gutted for him and us, he's a talented player who has all the desire to do well. gutted for him.

I read somewhere earlier that he doesn't challenge for the ball correctly, he doesn't choose his battles, he takes on experienced pros and that's why he gets injured alot, they call it being too brave for your own good, hopefully he can learn from this and duff can the player he really is.
Liam Walsh on 18:12 - Jul 17 with 1379 viewsgrabsplatter

Do we know what his injury is?
Liam Walsh on 18:15 - Jul 17 with 1375 viewsonehunglow

Liam Walsh on 18:03 - Jul 17 by max936

He is talented BUT thus far his body isn't up to it
It's like a very talented, gifted rugby player being physically unable to play as he could
It happens
Some are simply prone to injury, others like Ash Williams not so
WilliMs eAsnt the most gifted by physically he was incredible and it led to a long career with hundreds of consecutive games under his belt .
He was a wondrous signing of whom we well got our moneys worth

Liam Walsh on 08:38 - Jul 18 with 1158 viewsangryjack

Of course it's a disastrous signing ,paying z wage for someone whi hardly plays,the more concerning thing for me is why we signed him looking at hix history been injured wherever he has gond fof long periods ,somebody never done their homework
Liam Walsh on 08:41 - Jul 18 with 1149 viewsKeithHaynes

Liam Walsh on 08:38 - Jul 18 by angryjack

Of course it's a disastrous signing ,paying z wage for someone whi hardly plays,the more concerning thing for me is why we signed him looking at hix history been injured wherever he has gond fof long periods ,somebody never done their homework

Desperation at the time mate.

Liam Walsh on 08:45 - Jul 18 with 1140 viewsonehunglow

Liam Walsh on 08:38 - Jul 18 by angryjack

I suppose it was a poor word to use really.
It wasn’t disastrous literally.
Like many on here I misuse words and could express myself better.
Poor signing
Stupid risky signing .yes.
Why sign a sick note
God knows I’m not a grimes fanboy but he is a superb professional who doesn’t get injured easily or sick and wants to play.
It is pointless signing the likes of Walsh if you have a tight budget,like we seem to always have .

I do hope to be proven wrong

Good luck Liam ,La

Liam Walsh on 10:21 - Jul 18 with 1066 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Liam Walsh on 18:12 - Jul 17 by grabsplatter

Do we know what his injury is?

Don't ask informative questions, this is an internet forum.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Liam Walsh on 12:15 - Jul 18 with 1002 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60475/make-or-‘break

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024