Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! 08:00 - Feb 1 with 2119 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61852/deadline-day-every

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 08:32 - Feb 1 with 2061 viewsshandyjack

3 in including the Arsenal man and 2 out is my prediction

Poll: Expectation for the season

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 09:25 - Feb 1 with 1940 viewsPawelAbbott

If we sign another winger, to go with Ronald, are we going to play with 4 at the back or are they going to have to play as Wing backs?
DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 09:34 - Feb 1 with 1888 viewsWhiterockin

With another loan possibly coming in is one going back, as we can only have 5 in the match day squad or is one parent club going to be very unhappy with us.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 09:48 - Feb 1 with 1852 viewspete

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 09:25 - Feb 1 by PawelAbbott

If we sign another winger, to go with Ronald, are we going to play with 4 at the back or are they going to have to play as Wing backs?

with the lad from arsenals contract up in the summer am thinking a possible buying clause or look at him and see what he brings ,just a thought
DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 09:52 - Feb 1 with 1831 viewsRichardO

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 09:34 - Feb 1 by Whiterockin

With another loan possibly coming in is one going back, as we can only have 5 in the match day squad or is one parent club going to be very unhappy with us.

Who cares about the parent club being unhappy while some loans are of value they are quick fixes sometimes making up for poor signings, ultimately playing loan players does not strengthen the squad or add value to it, in the long term. We have bought young players to sit side on the sidelines until they get to the end of their contracts and farmed out such a waste.
Oh the player was given a chance but he didn't control a ball properly in attempt to impress in his allotted 5 mins while trying too hard and promptly dropped never to be seen again.
DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 09:59 - Feb 1 with 1785 viewsWhiterockin

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 09:52 - Feb 1 by RichardO

Who cares about the parent club being unhappy while some loans are of value they are quick fixes sometimes making up for poor signings, ultimately playing loan players does not strengthen the squad or add value to it, in the long term. We have bought young players to sit side on the sidelines until they get to the end of their contracts and farmed out such a waste.
Oh the player was given a chance but he didn't control a ball properly in attempt to impress in his allotted 5 mins while trying too hard and promptly dropped never to be seen again.

I take your point, but if we intend loaning players as we clearly are we need to respect the wishes of the parent club or our reputation will get even worse. Add to that the loan contract is often financially loaded where we pay more if they are not in the matchday squad, it just makes more sense to try and negotiate a return.

Edit

https://www.nowarsenal.com/transfer-news/charles-sagoe-jr-joins-charlie-patino-a
[Post edited 1 Feb 10:02]

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 11:58 - Feb 1 with 1515 viewsRichardO

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 09:59 - Feb 1 by Whiterockin

I take your point, but if we intend loaning players as we clearly are we need to respect the wishes of the parent club or our reputation will get even worse. Add to that the loan contract is often financially loaded where we pay more if they are not in the matchday squad, it just makes more sense to try and negotiate a return.

Edit

https://www.nowarsenal.com/transfer-news/charles-sagoe-jr-joins-charlie-patino-a
[Post edited 1 Feb 10:02]

Where will our reputation be in a lower division as the squad gets weaker and weaker with none of our youngsters able to progress to sell on at the big profits needed to sustain the quality of the squad vicious circle.
DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 12:26 - Feb 1 with 1403 viewsWhiterockin

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 11:58 - Feb 1 by RichardO

Where will our reputation be in a lower division as the squad gets weaker and weaker with none of our youngsters able to progress to sell on at the big profits needed to sustain the quality of the squad vicious circle.

We have always used loans and probably will, some have been decent some not so its the way it rolls. Whether we should or shouldn't there are arguments both ways. All I'm saying is we look like having a sixth which is silly unless we lose one.

Login to get fewer ads

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 12:36 - Feb 1 with 1359 viewsRichardO

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 12:26 - Feb 1 by Whiterockin

We have always used loans and probably will, some have been decent some not so its the way it rolls. Whether we should or shouldn't there are arguments both ways. All I'm saying is we look like having a sixth which is silly unless we lose one.

Sorry I do appreciate what you are saying but it is a bit madding we are reliant on them, I know we have been hit by injuries but in most cases we should be using our own players instead of loans because senior players get disgruntled at sitting on the bench it is also wasting our money and with so many inexperienced players it is bound to result in mistakes.
DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 14:41 - Feb 1 with 1130 viewsReslovenSwan1

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 12:26 - Feb 1 by Whiterockin

Brendan and Laudrup did not use loans much. Borini and De Guzman. Did Monk have any? The loans came with Clement and Carlos. Potter none.

Swansea have got a "signings" problem today.

Watson and Coleman it appears have failed to full fill their words.

Way out? Another loan or two last minute to cover over the cracks in the facade. Take another "quick fix aspirin" and hope for the best.

I have backed Watson ad Coleman subject to results. Still time I suppose. The Danish guy was just what the s doctor ordered . Swansea could not pull it off apparently sadly.

Still time.

Wise sage since Toshack era

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 15:28 - Feb 1 with 1071 viewsWhiterockin

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 14:41 - Feb 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Brendan and Laudrup did not use loans much. Borini and De Guzman. Did Monk have any? The loans came with Clement and Carlos. Potter none.

Way out? Another loan or two last minute to cover over the cracks in the facade. Take another "quick fix aspirin" and hope for the best.

I have backed Watson ad Coleman subject to results. Still time I suppose. The Danish guy was just what the s doctor ordered . Swansea could not pull it off apparently sadly.

Still time.

People only remember the reasonably successful loans and ignore others. Josh McEachran, Frank Nouble, Tamas Priskin, Steven Caulker, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Itay Shechter, Roland Lamah, Alvaro Vazquez, Marvin Emnes I'm sure were all loans for us in the spell you mentioned.

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 15:32 - Feb 1 with 1072 viewsswan_si

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-complete-loan-move-charles-sagoe-j
DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 20:00 - Feb 1 with 948 viewsReslovenSwan1

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 15:28 - Feb 1 by Whiterockin

People only remember the reasonably successful loans and ignore others. Josh McEachran, Frank Nouble, Tamas Priskin, Steven Caulker, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Itay Shechter, Roland Lamah, Alvaro Vazquez, Marvin Emnes I'm sure were all loans for us in the spell you mentioned.

Yes fair point. You are right very forgettable loans. I remember seeing Frank away at Watford. Bloody hopeless he was. Still going somewhere. Danny Graham and Troy Deeney were in the Watford ranks. Swansea still won 2-3

Wise sage since Toshack era

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 22:40 - Feb 1 with 809 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 22:55 - Feb 1 with 743 viewsEagleEye

DEADLINE DAY: Everything that happens at the Swans all day today ! on 14:41 - Feb 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Still time.

All those months of work for some pretty underwhelming signings imo, hopefully we are to be proven wrong.

I can remember at least 3 very important signings keeping us in the league on that day we beat Hull at the Vetch - Neil Cutler, Alan Tate & Leon Britton - all on loan at the time. Cutler turned us down but the other 2 signed for us & didn’t do too bad did they …
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024