Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Covid inquiry 14:20 - Feb 27 with 5222 viewsFlashberryjack

I'm guessing it's Westminster's fault, either that or Brexit or even climate change.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh Covid inquiry on 12:01 - Feb 29 with 1059 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Welsh Covid inquiry on 10:53 - Feb 29 by controversial_jack

Yes, they took a more cautious approach than Westminster. They put lives before profit

I don't believe they held p[parties, or discos as they did in London.

The Nightingale hospitals were a waste as there's was no personnel to staff them

To Drakeford’s credit he is probably the worlds most boring man and the chances of anyone actually inviting him to or him actually attending any sort of disco or party are literally nil.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Welsh Covid inquiry on 12:14 - Feb 29 with 1035 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Covid inquiry on 12:01 - Feb 29 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

To Drakeford’s credit he is probably the worlds most boring man and the chances of anyone actually inviting him to or him actually attending any sort of disco or party are literally nil.

He is boring, but then again a lot of posters on here wouldn't get an invite either. I would be top of the guest list
Welsh Covid inquiry on 12:29 - Feb 29 with 1025 viewsTogg

Welsh Covid inquiry on 06:39 - Feb 29 by Scotia

I agree.

Despite the implications to the tax payer, I'd love to see one of the big supermarkets take the WG on in court for idiotic restrictions imposed on them for no good reason.

Amongst other things.

If we had our own restrictions we should also have our own inquiry.
[Post edited 29 Feb 9:49]

Absolutely!
Welsh Covid inquiry on 14:10 - Feb 29 with 975 viewsBoundy

Welsh Covid inquiry on 12:14 - Feb 29 by controversial_jack

He is boring, but then again a lot of posters on here wouldn't get an invite either. I would be top of the guest list

You're certainly top of a list

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh Covid inquiry on 14:19 - Feb 29 with 964 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Covid inquiry on 06:39 - Feb 29 by Scotia

I agree.

Despite the implications to the tax payer, I'd love to see one of the big supermarkets take the WG on in court for idiotic restrictions imposed on them for no good reason.

Amongst other things.

If we had our own restrictions we should also have our own inquiry.
[Post edited 29 Feb 9:49]

They would lose
Welsh Covid inquiry on 14:46 - Feb 29 with 967 viewsScotia

Welsh Covid inquiry on 14:19 - Feb 29 by controversial_jack

They would lose

On what basis?
Welsh Covid inquiry on 18:23 - Mar 1 with 840 viewsDr_Winston

I quite like the cut of Dr Roland Salmon's gib based on his testimony today.

On the other hand, the quote "I thought it might be worth a try of masks, even in the absence of evidence," from another person sums up a lot of the decision making that went on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68450368

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Covid inquiry on 19:58 - Mar 1 with 806 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Covid inquiry on 18:23 - Mar 1 by Dr_Winston

I quite like the cut of Dr Roland Salmon's gib based on his testimony today.

On the other hand, the quote "I thought it might be worth a try of masks, even in the absence of evidence," from another person sums up a lot of the decision making that went on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68450368

I thought it had been shown the masks would only help if absolutely everyone wore them. As many people ignored it or claimed an exemption they were a waste of time.

I loved his "an overly enduring legacy of the chapel heritage" quote and the point about loss of life expectancy amongst children.

In fact, it all made sense topping it off with advising the vulnerable but pretty much saying let the rest get on with life.

It is a puzzle though why someone would advocate for masks with the absence of evidence they would help. These are experts, they're supposed to know.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Covid inquiry on 22:16 - Mar 1 with 777 viewsmajorraglan

Welsh Covid inquiry on 19:58 - Mar 1 by SullutaCreturned

I thought it had been shown the masks would only help if absolutely everyone wore them. As many people ignored it or claimed an exemption they were a waste of time.

I loved his "an overly enduring legacy of the chapel heritage" quote and the point about loss of life expectancy amongst children.

In fact, it all made sense topping it off with advising the vulnerable but pretty much saying let the rest get on with life.

It is a puzzle though why someone would advocate for masks with the absence of evidence they would help. These are experts, they're supposed to know.

There seem to be experts contradicting each other - nightmare!!

There’s no doubt 8n my mind we should have been better prepared, Op Cygnus highlighted the warning signals and nothing was done. We’ve been poorly lead at numerous levels.
Welsh Covid inquiry on 22:36 - Mar 1 with 762 viewsbuilthjack

Welsh Covid inquiry on 08:15 - Feb 29 by Kilkennyjack

This is not true.

It was Johnson, Hancock and the ghouls in Westminster who ignored medical advice.
Its a fact that Eat Out To Help Out was launched without even speaking with the top medical advisors. The virus spread as a direct result, people died.
Thats without the juvenile parties in Number 10.
The useless never used Nightingale hospitals.

Where are Johnsons and Rishi’s WhatsApps ?

If Welsh Govt were less reckless than the idiot Johnson, then thats almost certainly a good thing.

They are not perfect but certainly more sensible.

Excellent post Sir.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh Covid inquiry on 00:14 - Mar 2 with 751 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Covid inquiry on 19:58 - Mar 1 by SullutaCreturned

Wearing a mask protects yourself, then you don’t infect family members.

There’s plenty of evidence masks work, the knew this back in 1918 during the Spanish flu
Welsh Covid inquiry on 10:19 - Mar 2 with 710 viewsDr_Winston

Welsh Covid inquiry on 22:36 - Mar 1 by builthjack

Excellent post Sir.

Nah.

Just Kilks' usual whataboutery trying to excuse the Senedd's utter catastrophe of Covid handling. If the evidence coming out so far confirms only one thing, it's why Drakeford and Co are so terrified of having a Wales specific investigation.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Covid inquiry on 18:29 - Mar 2 with 658 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Covid inquiry on 00:14 - Mar 2 by controversial_jack

Wearing a mask protects yourself, then you don’t infect family members.

There’s plenty of evidence masks work, the knew this back in 1918 during the Spanish flu

No, wearing a mask protects others because it catches most of what you breathe out, you still breath in what others have breathed out and the clothmasks arn't fine enough to catch all the particles. You could still get infected whilst wearing a mask.

The masks reduced the risk but they were never 100% protection.
Welsh Covid inquiry on 22:20 - Mar 2 with 594 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Covid inquiry on 18:29 - Mar 2 by SullutaCreturned

No, wearing a mask protects others because it catches most of what you breathe out, you still breath in what others have breathed out and the clothmasks arn't fine enough to catch all the particles. You could still get infected whilst wearing a mask.

The masks reduced the risk but they were never 100% protection.

Mrs Cj was meticulous wearing masks on the covid wards, and was the only one that didn’t get covid, so it protected her

The particles of covid are within small water droplets and they will be caught by the cloth masks. Covid particles are not free standing, they are only within those droplets
Welsh Covid inquiry on 15:07 - Mar 3 with 528 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Covid inquiry on 22:20 - Mar 2 by controversial_jack

Mrs Cj was meticulous wearing masks on the covid wards, and was the only one that didn’t get covid, so it protected her

The particles of covid are within small water droplets and they will be caught by the cloth masks. Covid particles are not free standing, they are only within those droplets

2 friends of mine were also meticulous, both isolated from their families while on the covid ward but both still caught it and one was seriously ill and off work for months.

The point being that anecdotal evidence isn't proof of anything. Maybe the mask protected her or maybe she was just lucky. Lots of people who didn't wear masks never caught it either while lots who did still got infected.
Welsh Covid inquiry on 16:29 - Mar 3 with 518 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Covid inquiry on 15:07 - Mar 3 by SullutaCreturned

2 friends of mine were also meticulous, both isolated from their families while on the covid ward but both still caught it and one was seriously ill and off work for months.

The point being that anecdotal evidence isn't proof of anything. Maybe the mask protected her or maybe she was just lucky. Lots of people who didn't wear masks never caught it either while lots who did still got infected.

It’s not anecdotal, it’s proven During the 1918 flu,the cities in the US that mandated masks and quarantines, did far better than those that didn’t

If i wore a mask and you did too , and you sneezed or coughed, the droplets would have to get past two 3 layers masks, plus the distance between the two. It would give 100% protection
Welsh Covid inquiry on 16:32 - Mar 3 with 516 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh Covid inquiry on 10:19 - Mar 2 by Dr_Winston

Nah.

Just Kilks' usual whataboutery trying to excuse the Senedd's utter catastrophe of Covid handling. If the evidence coming out so far confirms only one thing, it's why Drakeford and Co are so terrified of having a Wales specific investigation.

Nah.

A welsh inquiry without the (astounding) uk inquiry context would have been pretty pointless.
Once the uk inquiry was completed, then the welsh inquiry could start.
Most people know that.

I agree that the uk inquiry should have been a lot earlier, it was Johnson who kicked it into the long grass.

No doubt there will be lessons that we need to learn for next time.
Some - like the return of infected patients into care homes will not considered in a criminal context.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Covid inquiry on 18:55 - Mar 3 with 495 viewsTreforys_Jack

Welsh Covid inquiry on 12:01 - Feb 29 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Welsh Covid inquiry on 19:35 - Mar 3 with 476 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Welsh Covid inquiry on 16:29 - Mar 3 by controversial_jack

It’s not anecdotal, it’s proven During the 1918 flu,the cities in the US that mandated masks and quarantines, did far better than those that didn’t

If i wore a mask and you did too , and you sneezed or coughed, the droplets would have to get past two 3 layers masks, plus the distance between the two. It would give 100% protection

It would prevent the droplets yeah but your breath would still get through including a lot of water vapour from your lungs so to say they give 100% protection it cannot be true.

Welsh Covid inquiry on 19:47 - Mar 3 with 472 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Covid inquiry on 19:35 - Mar 3 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It would prevent the droplets yeah but your breath would still get through including a lot of water vapour from your lungs so to say they give 100% protection it cannot be true.

The vapour would be condensed on the mask
Welsh Covid inquiry on 16:31 - Mar 4 with 388 viewsSullutaCreturned

Welsh Covid inquiry on 16:29 - Mar 3 by controversial_jack

What you said is anecdotal and what you say about 1918 is, well....

https://update.lib.berkeley.edu/2020/05/23/did-masks-work-the-1918-flu-pandemic-
Welsh Covid inquiry on 17:04 - Mar 4 with 367 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh Covid inquiry on 10:19 - Mar 2 by Dr_Winston

Nah.

Blame Boris and Westminster.

"We do things differently in Wales" see!!!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh Covid inquiry on 17:47 - Mar 4 with 344 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Covid inquiry on 16:31 - Mar 4 by SullutaCreturned

What you said is anecdotal and what you say about 1918 is, well....

https://update.lib.berkeley.edu/2020/05/23/did-masks-work-the-1918-flu-pandemic-

I guess surgeon's shouldn’t wear masks then.,and we shouldn’t cover our faces when we cough and sneeze

The WHO says “wearing a mask reduces the spread of respiratory illnesses within the community by reducing the number of infectious particles that may be inhaled or exhaled” and recommends wearing one in certain situations. These include following recent exposure to COVID-19, when someone has or suspects they have COVID-19, when someone is at high-risk of severe COVID-19, and for anyone in a crowded, enclosed or poorly ventilated space.

Common sense really
Welsh Covid inquiry on 17:47 - Mar 4 with 346 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Welsh Covid inquiry on 19:47 - Mar 3 by controversial_jack

The vapour would be condensed on the mask

Not all of it. A lot of the masks people wore were incredibly low quality, some are designed more for fashion than safety. Either way your 100% comment is way off the mark.

Welsh Covid inquiry on 18:37 - Mar 4 with 320 viewscontroversial_jack

Welsh Covid inquiry on 17:47 - Mar 4 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Not all of it. A lot of the masks people wore were incredibly low quality, some are designed more for fashion than safety. Either way your 100% comment is way off the mark.

Most cloth masks were triple layer. Double that for the person coughing and that’s 6 layers, plus the distance and that should be 100%
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024