Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... 12:18 - Mar 13 with 1610 viewstheloneranger

George North retiring from International rugby after Saturday's match ...

Wales: Winnett; Adams, North, Tompkins, Dyer; Costelow, T Williams; Thomas, Dee, Lewis, Jenkins (capt), Beard, Mann, Reffell, Wainwright.

Replacements: E Lloyd, Mathias, H O'Connor, Rowlands, Martin, Hardy, I Lloyd, Grady.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 23:42 - Mar 16 with 472 viewsmax936

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 20:54 - Mar 16 by Whiterockin

Gatland offered to go.

Gatland resignation offer turned down by WRU chief - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68585149

I have plenty of sympathy for Gats with the hand he's been dealt, whether he has the personnel good enough for him to improve them them is a matter of conjecture.

I apportion no blame on Gatland for that.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 07:59 - Mar 17 with 413 viewsTogg

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 23:07 - Mar 16 by BarrySwan

This isn't an interim or rebuilding of the national team. Its all we've got.

I've been pointing out for years ( even on national TV news warning of the state of the game over 20 years ago after nagging a TV reporter friend of mine to investigate and run a pice on the six O'Clock news ) that the grass roots game has been neglected to the point that I doubt that parks rugby has more than 4 or 5 years before it collapses.

I'm not entirely sure that the clowns running the show think where the next generation of players good enough for the International game are going to come from when grass roots clubs all over Wales are collapsing at a rate of knots.

The playing base of Welsh rugby is now so low that its almost struggling to call itself a mass participation sport.

I'm afraid that its far too late to save the game in Wales now it needed to be addressed those 20 odd years ago and in truth was probably too late even then.

Those who take their kids down to various clubs youth and mini Rugby set ups on a Sunday morning and insist that there's hundreds of youngsters participating so rugby is in fine fettle clearly don't acknowledge that out of the hundreds participating at such a young age I doubt if 15 of those kids go on to play senior rugby.

Those like myself who actually watch a fair bit of parks rugby up to 1st Divison and Championship level have watched in dismay for years the plight of club after club struggling to put more than one team out or even just the one senior team.

So its not a case of rebuilding the national team there is very little if anything behind the shambles on display today.

We've simply run out of players due to the low numbers playing and the increasingly collapse of the feeder systems below regional and international level.

The level of talent on display today was acutely embarrassing,

If that Wales team on the park today had played the all Blacks this afternoon I'd have put money on a 100 point job personally.

That's a great post and agree 100%
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 08:47 - Mar 17 with 380 viewsjack247

I tried to get upset about this, but with everything else that went on yesterday I just couldn’t.
Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 08:51 - Mar 17 with 382 viewsWhiterockin

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 23:07 - Mar 16 by BarrySwan

This isn't an interim or rebuilding of the national team. Its all we've got.

I've been pointing out for years ( even on national TV news warning of the state of the game over 20 years ago after nagging a TV reporter friend of mine to investigate and run a pice on the six O'Clock news ) that the grass roots game has been neglected to the point that I doubt that parks rugby has more than 4 or 5 years before it collapses.

I'm not entirely sure that the clowns running the show think where the next generation of players good enough for the International game are going to come from when grass roots clubs all over Wales are collapsing at a rate of knots.

The playing base of Welsh rugby is now so low that its almost struggling to call itself a mass participation sport.

I'm afraid that its far too late to save the game in Wales now it needed to be addressed those 20 odd years ago and in truth was probably too late even then.

Those who take their kids down to various clubs youth and mini Rugby set ups on a Sunday morning and insist that there's hundreds of youngsters participating so rugby is in fine fettle clearly don't acknowledge that out of the hundreds participating at such a young age I doubt if 15 of those kids go on to play senior rugby.

Those like myself who actually watch a fair bit of parks rugby up to 1st Divison and Championship level have watched in dismay for years the plight of club after club struggling to put more than one team out or even just the one senior team.

So its not a case of rebuilding the national team there is very little if anything behind the shambles on display today.

We've simply run out of players due to the low numbers playing and the increasingly collapse of the feeder systems below regional and international level.

The level of talent on display today was acutely embarrassing,

If that Wales team on the park today had played the all Blacks this afternoon I'd have put money on a 100 point job personally.

"Those who take their kids down to various clubs youth and mini Rugby set ups on a Sunday morning and insist that there's hundreds of youngsters participating so rugby is in fine fettle clearly don't acknowledge that out of the hundreds participating at such a young age I doubt if 15 of those kids go on to play senior rugby."

There is the real problem in my opinion. I will be watching two age group matches today one of them regional. Both will be of a good standard and will have decent crowds. Rugby is strong in the under 18 set up, the WRU need to take a good hard look at why there is little progression into senior rugby.

On a separate issue the whole pricing structure of international rugby for spectators needs to be looked at.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 09:15 - Mar 17 with 353 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 08:51 - Mar 17 by Whiterockin

"Those who take their kids down to various clubs youth and mini Rugby set ups on a Sunday morning and insist that there's hundreds of youngsters participating so rugby is in fine fettle clearly don't acknowledge that out of the hundreds participating at such a young age I doubt if 15 of those kids go on to play senior rugby."

There is the real problem in my opinion. I will be watching two age group matches today one of them regional. Both will be of a good standard and will have decent crowds. Rugby is strong in the under 18 set up, the WRU need to take a good hard look at why there is little progression into senior rugby.

On a separate issue the whole pricing structure of international rugby for spectators needs to be looked at.

I’ve have a mind to make another shocking post !
Barry is quite right although the teams this year could have performed far better with what they have .
We also have cretins running the game ,people who introduce a cap rule to try to force players to stay in Wales .
We have a coach who has been left behind .
We have players not fit enough to stay the course
And on

Shocking indeed though many “ anti diggers” will be enjoying this .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 10:49 - Mar 17 with 304 viewsDr_Winston

The game is dying at a serious level in Wales because people just aren't all that interested in Rugby any more.

I'm not talking about the Six Nations tourists, the types who will pack out the Principality for most games but, if people are being honest, are mostly just there because it's an excuse for a pissup. These people aren't genuine Rugby "fans". Few of them will ever be found at an Ospreys, Blues or Scarlets game. They'll pay attention for six weeks in the Winter and a couple in September then mostly forget the game exists.

I'm talking about the grassroots. And for my money the bigest reason why that is is the relative recent overachievement of both Swansea and Cardiff in recent decades, added to the expansion of the Premier League and some high profile Welsh players in it. Although North Wales has never been much of a Rugby area, the resurgence of Wrexham will probably kill the prospect of it ever becoming one.

As interest in us and our crowds have grown, those of Rugby teams has, if not exactly shrunk because they were never that big to begin with, certainly at the least stagnated. If you are a sporting mad kid in South Wales these days or at any point since about 2008 you're going to want to grow up to be Gareth Bale or Joe Allen. Not Alun Wyn Jones. They might play kids Rugby because their dads are still into it, but they eventually lose interest.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 11:50 - Mar 17 with 266 viewsmajorraglan

Wales v Italy 6 Nations ... on 08:51 - Mar 17 by Whiterockin

Lots of good points, the attrition rate between mini rugby up to youth levels is enormous, some of the clubs in my area have combined their age grade teams with other clubs as they don’t have enough youngsters playing to run their own team.

The new proposed semi pro elite level competition should mandate that each team has to have a set number of players of a certain age as part of the match day squad and regional players should be allocated fairly through out the league, not as has been happening with 1 club getting all the developmental players. Attendances at games are poor and the levels under regional rugby get hardly any publicity whatsoever. I watch a lot of the Welsh Premiership and it’s withering on the vine and this, in the first instance is where the youngsters are going to cut their teeth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024