Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Players You Have Met In Strange Surroundings 10:16 - Mar 15 with 2071 viewsSaintNick

Following on from the revelation that Will Smallbone lets the train take the strain, who has met a Saints player in somewhere they didn't expect to do so.

As mentioned I recently met Shane Long in the toilets of the Grapes Pub in Mathew Street Liverpool, a famous venue as this was not only the place that the Beatles used to drink when they played at the nearby Cavern Club, but where Pete Best went to drown his sorrows after being sacked by the Beatles.

I wonder whether Shane was considering that he was having a p*ss at the same urinals that the Fab Four would have (They looked like they hadn't changed) when he was accosted by a very well refreshed me .

This post has been edited by an administrator

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Players You Have Met In Strange Surroundings on 20:50 - Mar 15 with 519 viewsgrumpy

I drove pass Matt le tissier in Lorshill Way waiting for a bus,does that count?

And that's the Truth.
[Post edited 15 Mar 20:51]
Saints Players You Have Met In Strange Surroundings on 22:33 - Mar 15 with 463 viewshedgeend61

Saints Players You Have Met In Strange Surroundings on 18:42 - Mar 15 by GRIM

I met & chatted to Matt Le Tiss in Coral bookies in Fair Oak on a Saturday afternoon.
He was out of favour with Ian Branfoot & not selected to even travel with the team who were playing at Villa Park.
Also met him in his nightclub Celebration Plaza. The club was empty & it was only me + 2 mates chatting to Le Tiss who was with Co owner Mike Osman.
Used to chat with Alan ball quite regularly in his local pub the White Horse at Ampfield
On another occasion Bally helped me carry my wife across a flooded Car Park at The Concorde.
I did kick Ted McDougall a couple of times when he was playing local football (I think it was either Mottisfont or Michelmersh & Timsbury).

Met Matt in Corals in Hedge End 2018, he started the conversation by asking if the Saints crest tattoo he saw on my calf hurt when the tattooist did it?
Got on to England, told him I was going to Russia for WC, he told me I was very brave and be lucky to come back alive, and said they're was no chance he'd go to Russia.

Met Alan Ball, Channon, Keegan, Paul Jones in betting shops, Mark Dennis emptying Post boxes on High St, Jimmy Case half cut in Matts nightclub, Rickie Lambert at a Phil Taylor darts show, and Dean Richards at my daughters school presentation.
Saints Players You Have Met In Strange Surroundings on 22:49 - Mar 15 with 438 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Jason Puncheon once asked me if there was "a council gritter anywhere round here mate" as he was "touching cloth," immediately before being seen touching carpet on the half-mile walk to the khazis in the nearby Wetherspoons in Basingstoke.
Saints Players You Have Met In Strange Surroundings on 08:06 - Mar 16 with 351 viewssolent_toffee

I lived opposite MLT when he was down in Ocean Village. Had a nice chat with him one Boxing Day morning on my way home from work as he was sitting on his door step.

Chatted to Beattie a few years back in the London Hotel. To be fair, always saw him in the bars around Oxford Street, and he was always dead sound.

Ronald Koeman, his brother and their partner were always in Oxford and often in the London too. Always seemed dead sound, and bladdered.

As a student, always used to see the players out en masse around Bedford Place/Ocean Village.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024