Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich turning the screw 16:26 - Mar 16 with 2433 viewsGRIM

Ipswich 4-0 up after 60 mins.
They really are over achieving with their limited squad but will make automatic promotion difficult for both Leicester & Leeds & virtually impossible for Saints.
Ipswich turning the screw on 12:30 - Mar 18 with 479 viewsgrumpy

Ipswich turning the screw on 22:24 - Mar 17 by hedgeend61

Looks like any 2 from 4, no one knows.

So why do you think Leeds and Leicester?, when this season Saints have had more firepower than both of them, and you say Saints won't go up as they don't have enough firepower.

I think I've made that question simple enough.
[Post edited 17 Mar 22:25]

We have to play Leeds,Leicester and Ipswich away.

Leeds and Leicester have the strikers who can change a game in an instant.

Our top striker and with the best assist count, Armstrong, has been put out wide to accommodate Adams.I don't think that's his best position.
Armstrong would be even better if he played in the middle with a strong centre forward to knock balls down to him and of course score a few as well but we didn't strengthen in that department which with not getting a good no2 goalkeeper was a mistake in my book.
Our other scorers are in and out of the team like yoyos.

Try and not be sarcastic so much its not necessary,we all have our opinions.Its only a football message board after all.
[Post edited 18 Mar 12:44]
Ipswich turning the screw on 12:51 - Mar 18 with 453 viewsBuggalugs

Ipswich turning the screw on 12:30 - Mar 18 by grumpy

We have to play Leeds,Leicester and Ipswich away.

Leeds and Leicester have the strikers who can change a game in an instant.

Our top striker and with the best assist count, Armstrong, has been put out wide to accommodate Adams.I don't think that's his best position.
Armstrong would be even better if he played in the middle with a strong centre forward to knock balls down to him and of course score a few as well but we didn't strengthen in that department which with not getting a good no2 goalkeeper was a mistake in my book.
Our other scorers are in and out of the team like yoyos.

Try and not be sarcastic so much its not necessary,we all have our opinions.Its only a football message board after all.
[Post edited 18 Mar 12:44]

4-4-2 is a thing of the past, so you can forget that. Also, Armstrong is pony when played down the middle.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Ipswich turning the screw on 13:14 - Mar 18 with 423 viewsPatfromPoole

Ipswich, Leicester and Leeds all have pretty slow defences.

If he could actually control the ball, I would play Fast Kid up front on his own in those three away games, with Fraser and Brooks on the wings.

Pace could be the thing to win us those games. It ultimately cost Leicester yesterday.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Ipswich turning the screw on 13:21 - Mar 18 with 416 viewsfranniesTache

Funnily enough our best bet now is hoping Leeds have won the league before the last game of the season. I think we can beat Ipswich and might get something from Leicester, so we want Leeds to have nothing to play for
Ipswich turning the screw on 14:05 - Mar 19 with 265 viewsTimSaint

It could come down to Goal Difference - in which case we are fvcked.

We usually have an inability to kill games off when on top, then gift the opposition a goal and it's panic stations.

I know we are 3rd top scorers in the league and should have scored bucket loads more, but the fact that we gift the opposition so many goals will no doubt prove to be our achilles heel.

TimSaint

Ipswich turning the screw on 14:29 - Mar 19 with 258 viewsgrumpy

Ipswich turning the screw on 14:05 - Mar 19 by TimSaint

It could come down to Goal Difference - in which case we are fvcked.

We usually have an inability to kill games off when on top, then gift the opposition a goal and it's panic stations.

I know we are 3rd top scorers in the league and should have scored bucket loads more, but the fact that we gift the opposition so many goals will no doubt prove to be our achilles heel.

Exactly,Tim.
I do wonder sometimes that our frailty's in defence can sometimes be contributed by directions off it.
[Post edited 19 Mar 14:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024