Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happens if ... Leicester gets a points deduction? 10:06 - Mar 25 with 670 viewssaint901

But it is not until the middle of next season.

What is Leicester are docked enough Championship points to move them out of the automatic promotion slots and the team that would otherwise have been there, loses in the playoffs?

I think this season may end - not in May - but in a Courtroom in November.
What happens if ... Leicester gets a points deduction? on 10:56 - Mar 25 with 605 viewsPatfromPoole

I think the charges relate to their time in the Prem, so that is the League in which the points should be deducted.

I note from that very interesting site which was put up as a link yesterday on the Manning thread that Leicester are reportedly paying Vardy £140k a week, which is madness given how little game time he gets for them.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

What happens if ... Leicester gets a points deduction? on 11:28 - Mar 25 with 573 viewssaint901

Morning.

Yes, I know the Prem are likely to impose a points deduction but the EFL are also looking at alleged breaches of Champ rules.

The sort of salary being paid to Vardy is perhaps an example of why they're looking at this.

Incidentally, footballers are "professionals". Most professionals when discussing salary etc talk in terms of annual amounts.

Why do we always discuss players "wages" in "weekly" terms?
What happens if ... Leicester gets a points deduction? on 11:31 - Mar 25 with 568 viewsPatfromPoole

What happens if ... Leicester gets a points deduction? on 11:28 - Mar 25 by saint901

Morning.

Yes, I know the Prem are likely to impose a points deduction but the EFL are also looking at alleged breaches of Champ rules.

The sort of salary being paid to Vardy is perhaps an example of why they're looking at this.

Incidentally, footballers are "professionals". Most professionals when discussing salary etc talk in terms of annual amounts.

Why do we always discuss players "wages" in "weekly" terms?

A lot of footballers will get different amounts in each pay period (I presume they are paid monthly) depending on appearances, goals scored etc.

There will be a core wage, but a lot of other add-ons are variable.

The other factor I think is that footballers are so obscenely overpaid that it seems to be more relatable if it is referred to as a weekly amount.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

What happens if ... Leicester gets a points deduction? on 12:59 - Mar 25 with 513 viewssaint901

Footballers are paid via a variety of methods, you are correct.

I help footballers and their agents with said negotiations.

It's a fact that when we get tot he point of discussing the final numbers with the player, the agent always reduces it to a "weekly wage".

None of those agents seem know why this is other than a lot of their "clients" come from "working class" backgrounds and their parents have been paid weekly and therefore relate to that metric.

It's true that older players do look at the annual picture but even then, not that many.

It's always quite tragic to see just how many flies buzz around the honeypot of a teenage player about to start making big bucks. Many of those flies do things that frankly disgust me. Recently I came across one fly who was the "personal shopper" for the player. Another who organised "recreation" - or as I observed - was a pimp.
What happens if ... Leicester gets a points deduction? on 14:04 - Mar 25 with 460 viewssledger

points deduction should be as soon as found guilty,otherwise they are getting a big leg up financially from the championship,not suprised though its all corrupt through and through just look at what man city are getting away with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024