Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium Update Meeting 19:28 - Apr 13 with 6254 viewsBLEEDRED

A small number of fans attended a meeting before today's game. It was very informative with a few surprises.
1- 9000 safe standing places will installed The whole of the Northam will be safe standing, some of the Chapel and some in the away end
2- in the next couple of weeks, a special deal will be announced (Cheaper tickets?) for the Northam
3 Prices in other areas may rise
4-The club are looking to build a pub open 7 days a week They are tied into Kingfisher beer for 1 more season, but hope to get the beer prices down to £4/£4.50 a pint
5- Most of the parachute payment went on loan repayments (something to do with how the contracts were set up)
6- if we don't get promoted, many players have said they will leave (no names!!)
7-If the club can get the season tickets up to 24000 for a few seasons they would look at the possibility of expanding the ground
8-The players notice that the noise from home fans is not that good compared to the support they get from Saints fans away
9-There was more but can't remember!!!
Stadium Update Meeting on 21:27 - Apr 13 with 3161 viewskingslandstand1

So is it def that away end is now going to be Chapel/Kingsland and pi55 off 1000's!!!
Stadium Update Meeting on 22:19 - Apr 13 with 3085 viewsBLEEDRED

Stadium Update Meeting on 21:27 - Apr 13 by kingslandstand1

So is it def that away end is now going to be Chapel/Kingsland and pi55 off 1000's!!!

Yes, all signed off and approved by the police/authorities .
The Industrial estate will become the parking for the away coaches.
Still unclear if it will be closed off to home fans.
There is a little bit of work to do to build barriers at the Chapel end.
Stadium Update Meeting on 08:40 - Apr 14 with 2779 viewsarfurdent

Stadium Update Meeting on 21:27 - Apr 13 by kingslandstand1

cue a stampede of Kingsland ST OAPs to the other end. Personally if evicted from Block 28 I might give in to the wife and watch from home

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Stadium Update Meeting on 09:27 - Apr 14 with 2715 viewsTom69

The club might find this has unintended consequences. Many people in the Kingsland and Chapel who are impacted by these changes will not renew their season tickets and the chances of hitting a target of 24,000 are minimal.
Stadium Update Meeting on 09:49 - Apr 14 with 2675 viewsBLEEDRED

Stadium Update Meeting on 09:27 - Apr 14 by Tom69

The club might find this has unintended consequences. Many people in the Kingsland and Chapel who are impacted by these changes will not renew their season tickets and the chances of hitting a target of 24,000 are minimal.

Interestingly, he said that club research had indicated that around 70% of Chapel fans said they would still go to the Chapel nest season
Stadium Update Meeting on 10:02 - Apr 14 with 2643 viewsWestEndBoy

Will this pub be built on a certain warehouse that burnt down?
Stadium Update Meeting on 10:20 - Apr 14 with 2610 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I wonder what will happen to the location of the buses that run to/from the area around the industrial estate to the IOW Terminal and Central Station??
Quite a few supporters walk over Itchen Bridge and they will be in direct conflict with away fans accessing their new location.
The Chapel Arms and pubs around Ocean Village/Canute Rd will be 'interesting' locations if the new plans go forward.
Myself and four of my season ticket pals will definitely be reviewing our plans to renew next season.
btw, if we dont go up this season and lose quite a few of our better players, I think the expectation of a healthy season ticket renewal uptake may be rather optimistic, especially as some of us may have to pay more to contribute to lower prices in the revamped Northam end.
Stadium Update Meeting on 10:55 - Apr 14 with 2564 viewsarfurdent

wonder if the real reason behind this migration is to keep the noisy unwashed hordes away from the nice clean executive boxes?

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium Update Meeting on 10:59 - Apr 14 with 2559 viewsChesham_Saint

Why should prices be hiked in other areas to pay for this? Doesn't seem fair at all.

One thing they could do is fix is that bloody awful PA system - too loud and distorted.

That said, I liked the cheeky way they quietly flashed up the Ipswich score mid match...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Stadium Update Meeting on 12:54 - Apr 14 with 2472 viewsBLEEDRED

Stadium Update Meeting on 10:20 - Apr 14 by SouthSeaSaint

I wonder what will happen to the location of the buses that run to/from the area around the industrial estate to the IOW Terminal and Central Station??
Quite a few supporters walk over Itchen Bridge and they will be in direct conflict with away fans accessing their new location.
The Chapel Arms and pubs around Ocean Village/Canute Rd will be 'interesting' locations if the new plans go forward.
Myself and four of my season ticket pals will definitely be reviewing our plans to renew next season.
btw, if we dont go up this season and lose quite a few of our better players, I think the expectation of a healthy season ticket renewal uptake may be rather optimistic, especially as some of us may have to pay more to contribute to lower prices in the revamped Northam end.

Only my opinion (not clubs) is they may well move them to Britannia Road.
Still don't know how away fans coming by train, and those that use the away pub (Yates) will access the away end?
Stadium Update Meeting on 13:02 - Apr 14 with 2466 viewsBLEEDRED

Stadium Update Meeting on 10:02 - Apr 14 by WestEndBoy

Nice theory!!
I think the club want to make the outside of the Northam an entertainment hub with more food, and drink and music to try to get more fans to spend at the ground.
Stadium Update Meeting on 13:35 - Apr 14 with 2425 viewsdarthvader

First time for a long old while i was in northam stand yesterday. Normally in the block 2 area of the itchen .

I was pleasantly surprised how i enjoyed it in block 43 directly behind the goal a little more than halfway up . Plenty of noise and support and not so many wannabe hoolies that i noticed anyway ,compared to itchen north ..not that im knocking ichen north in anyway as i would have been there if i didnt leave it so late to get a ticket.

Not so many people streaming out after they equalised either ,at least compared to other areas of the ground ... . obviously at the end after watching the ball go in it was effing mental .

I look forward to next season in whatever division, i will be getting a season ticket in hopefully block 43 with a couple of others

keep the faith coyr

Stadium Update Meeting on 14:08 - Apr 14 with 2376 viewskingslandstand1

Stadium Update Meeting on 09:27 - Apr 14 by Tom69

Not might find, will find almost certainly! Has there been any dialogue with the fans directly affected?? Probably not
Absolutely ridiculous decision
Stadium Update Meeting on 14:10 - Apr 14 with 2365 viewskingslandstand1

Stadium Update Meeting on 13:02 - Apr 14 by BLEEDRED

Nice theory!!
I think the club want to make the outside of the Northam an entertainment hub with more food, and drink and music to try to get more fans to spend at the ground.

Get some decent beer in then at reasonable prices, and staff that know how to run catering
Stadium Update Meeting on 14:13 - Apr 14 with 2341 viewskingslandstand1

Stadium Update Meeting on 10:59 - Apr 14 by Chesham_Saint

Why should prices be hiked in other areas to pay for this? Doesn't seem fair at all.

One thing they could do is fix is that bloody awful PA system - too loud and distorted.

That said, I liked the cheeky way they quietly flashed up the Ipswich score mid match...

Was that to incentivise the players do you think? If so they left it a bit late for the players to get that mesasge
Stadium Update Meeting on 15:01 - Apr 14 with 2277 viewsBLEEDRED

Stadium Update Meeting on 14:10 - Apr 14 by kingslandstand1

Get some decent beer in then at reasonable prices, and staff that know how to run catering

I think that is the idea, but can't do much next season as Kingfisher beer has to be sold at the price set by the brewer and the brewer contract sets the price of everything. But when the contract ends I get the impression the club will take back control and have different local brewers in, even get local pies etc.
Stadium Update Meeting on 16:17 - Apr 14 with 2236 viewsarfurdent

Stadium Update Meeting on 15:01 - Apr 14 by BLEEDRED

I think that is the idea, but can't do much next season as Kingfisher beer has to be sold at the price set by the brewer and the brewer contract sets the price of everything. But when the contract ends I get the impression the club will take back control and have different local brewers in, even get local pies etc.

the roads around the ground should have a good supply of roadkill (hedgehog, cat and cockroach) so a win, win arrangement with stewards picking up the roadkill (hopefully pre-accident) to clear the streets. The ground then saves the environment by serving it to fans (hopefully cooked) in pies and rolls.
Maybe a Badger tikka pie could be the signature dish, or even Bambi rolls.

Stadium Update Meeting on 18:39 - Apr 14 with 2089 viewsLondonSaint76

Stadium Update Meeting on 10:02 - Apr 14 by WestEndBoy

If it is, will it be called The Phoenix? 😀

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Stadium Update Meeting on 18:52 - Apr 14 with 2084 viewsLondonSaint76

Stadium Update Meeting on 16:17 - Apr 14 by arfurdent

the roads around the ground should have a good supply of roadkill (hedgehog, cat and cockroach) so a win, win arrangement with stewards picking up the roadkill (hopefully pre-accident) to clear the streets. The ground then saves the environment by serving it to fans (hopefully cooked) in pies and rolls.
Maybe a Badger tikka pie could be the signature dish, or even Bambi rolls.

It sure about the roadkill pies but Badger beer would be an improvement

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Stadium Update Meeting on 20:32 - Apr 14 with 2002 viewsUTS1885

There is a reason why the king Alfred has been closed for years and the Chapel Arms is only existing from football trade.
Stadium Update Meeting on 13:42 - Apr 15 with 1759 viewsNumber_58

Stadium Update Meeting on 13:35 - Apr 14 by darthvader

First time for a long old while i was in northam stand yesterday. Normally in the block 2 area of the itchen .

I was pleasantly surprised how i enjoyed it in block 43 directly behind the goal a little more than halfway up . Plenty of noise and support and not so many wannabe hoolies that i noticed anyway ,compared to itchen north ..not that im knocking ichen north in anyway as i would have been there if i didnt leave it so late to get a ticket.

Not so many people streaming out after they equalised either ,at least compared to other areas of the ground ... . obviously at the end after watching the ball go in it was effing mental .

I look forward to next season in whatever division, i will be getting a season ticket in hopefully block 43 with a couple of others

I've been in the Northam for the cup games this season and I thought it was fine. The nippers at the back reminded me a bit of the Milton Muppets at The Dell. I'd get a ST in there but at my age I'm a bit concerned about whether I can stand up for the whole game if my back gives up on me. That said, being a tight old git, if they keep the price low I'm definitely up for it.
Stadium Update Meeting on 14:16 - Apr 15 with 1724 viewsdirk_doone

When you're in the Northam/Kingsland corner, it sounds good. The problem is that because it's a corner it has the worst acoustics in the stadium, the sound gets directed inwards and doesn't travel well to the rest of the stadium or out across the pitch. It's been known by football fans for years, and acoustic tests have proved it, that if you want to be heard around the stadium and, more importantly, on the pitch, the best position is directly behind the goal. This is why many clubs stick the away fans in a corner. At the moment at St Mary's, we've got it the wrong way round and that's why the Club wants to change the setup.

I know some people are unhappy that they may have to change seats but when we moved from the Dell to St Mary's, everybody changed seats and we got over it. As for needing to be next to the away fans to make a noise, that's a pretty pathetic excuse. Go to the stadiums with the best home atmospheres all over the world and the noisiest fans have their own home end while the away fans are stuck in a corner or up in a higher tier at the other end. The last thing they want is away fans in a prominent position.
[Post edited 15 Apr 14:28]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Stadium Update Meeting on 14:32 - Apr 15 with 1688 viewsBuggalugs

Stadium Update Meeting on 14:16 - Apr 15 by dirk_doone

When you're in the Northam/Kingsland corner, it sounds good. The problem is that because it's a corner it has the worst acoustics in the stadium, the sound gets directed inwards and doesn't travel well to the rest of the stadium or out across the pitch. It's been known by football fans for years, and acoustic tests have proved it, that if you want to be heard around the stadium and, more importantly, on the pitch, the best position is directly behind the goal. This is why many clubs stick the away fans in a corner. At the moment at St Mary's, we've got it the wrong way round and that's why the Club wants to change the setup.

I know some people are unhappy that they may have to change seats but when we moved from the Dell to St Mary's, everybody changed seats and we got over it. As for needing to be next to the away fans to make a noise, that's a pretty pathetic excuse. Go to the stadiums with the best home atmospheres all over the world and the noisiest fans have their own home end while the away fans are stuck in a corner or up in a higher tier at the other end. The last thing they want is away fans in a prominent position.
[Post edited 15 Apr 14:28]

"This is why many clubs stick the away fans in a corner."

Position of away fans at current Championship grounds:

Ipswich - side
Leicester - corner
Leeds - side
Saints - goal
West Brom - goal
Norwich - side
Hull - corner
Coventry - goal
Boro - side
Preston - goal
Cardiff - corner
Bristol C - goal
Sunderland - goal
Swansea - goal
Watford - goal
Millwall - goal
Blackburn - goal
Plymouth - goal
QPR - goal
Stoke - goal
Brum - goal
Huddersfield - goal
Sheff Weds - goal
Rotherham - goal

Side = 4
Corner = 3
Behind goal = 17

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Stadium Update Meeting on 14:35 - Apr 15 with 1681 viewsdirk_doone

Stadium Update Meeting on 14:32 - Apr 15 by Buggalugs

"This is why many clubs stick the away fans in a corner."

Position of away fans at current Championship grounds:

Ipswich - side
Leicester - corner
Leeds - side
Saints - goal
West Brom - goal
Norwich - side
Hull - corner
Coventry - goal
Boro - side
Preston - goal
Cardiff - corner
Bristol C - goal
Sunderland - goal
Swansea - goal
Watford - goal
Millwall - goal
Blackburn - goal
Plymouth - goal
QPR - goal
Stoke - goal
Brum - goal
Huddersfield - goal
Sheff Weds - goal
Rotherham - goal

Side = 4
Corner = 3
Behind goal = 17

1. Ipswich
2. Leicester
3. Leeds

Interesting.

And how many of those clubs have their home section in a corner?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Stadium Update Meeting on 14:46 - Apr 15 with 1656 viewsBuggalugs

Stadium Update Meeting on 14:35 - Apr 15 by dirk_doone

1. Ipswich
2. Leicester
3. Leeds

Interesting.

And how many of those clubs have their home section in a corner?

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024