Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referees 07:16 - Feb 4 with 1456 viewssaint22

As we know there are not many good consistent ones
I would say Oliver, Taylor, maybe Tierney, Pawson, the rest show they are not up to it time and again
What’s intriguing is that we never really seem to get those reffing us, we seem to get Friend Dean Moss Mason, England an awful lot
Referees on 17:16 - Feb 4 with 1336 viewssolent_toffee

Kevin Friend has improved a lot in the last few years or it could be that others have just got worse.

Kavanagh was brilliant in his first season and was the best ref we’ve had in a derby for year (the Pickford clanger one).

England is a really good ref IMHO. Which games has he done for Saints this season. I can think of Fulham away where he rightly didn’t give either side a penalty for handball and had a good game.
Referees on 17:20 - Feb 4 with 1332 viewsdirk_doone

Referees on 17:16 - Feb 4 by solent_toffee

Kevin Friend has improved a lot in the last few years or it could be that others have just got worse.

Kavanagh was brilliant in his first season and was the best ref we’ve had in a derby for year (the Pickford clanger one).

England is a really good ref IMHO. Which games has he done for Saints this season. I can think of Fulham away where he rightly didn’t give either side a penalty for handball and had a good game.

I agree, Darren England is a good ref. He seems 100% fair and impartial, even though he did get conned by Grealish in our game at Villa.

I'd like to see Sian Massey-Ellis promoted to replace Mike Dean. She is the best assistant referee in the Premier League.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 17:30]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Referees on 18:24 - Feb 4 with 1306 viewssaint22

Referees on 17:20 - Feb 4 by dirk_doone

I agree, Darren England is a good ref. He seems 100% fair and impartial, even though he did get conned by Grealish in our game at Villa.

I'd like to see Sian Massey-Ellis promoted to replace Mike Dean. She is the best assistant referee in the Premier League.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 17:30]

What will happen to Dean now? Surely after all those gaffs and the rescind he has to be demoted?
Referees on 18:33 - Feb 4 with 1299 viewsdirk_doone

Referees on 18:24 - Feb 4 by saint22

What will happen to Dean now? Surely after all those gaffs and the rescind he has to be demoted?

He's been demoted before but then they let him back in again, even though he continued to make mistakes in the Championship. Hs favourite trick is to award a penalty for an offence committed outside the box. He's done that to us before:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/live-match-centre/championship/mike
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 18:35]

Referees on 18:43 - Feb 5 with 1198 viewsdirk_doone

Referees on 18:24 - Feb 4 by saint22

He's also been supended for his involvement in sports gambling:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/feb/27/newsstory.sport4
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 18:44]

Referees on 19:13 - Feb 5 with 1173 viewssaint22

Referees on 18:33 - Feb 4 by dirk_doone

He's been demoted before but then they let him back in again, even though he continued to make mistakes in the Championship. Hs favourite trick is to award a penalty for an offence committed outside the box. He's done that to us before:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/live-match-centre/championship/mike
[Post edited 4 Feb 2021 18:35]

Looks like he is doing Fulham game tomorrow and Mason is Var again......wtf are the FA playing at
Referees on 20:06 - Feb 5 with 1142 viewsdirk_doone

Referees on 19:13 - Feb 5 by saint22

Looks like he is doing Fulham game tomorrow and Mason is Var again......wtf are the FA playing at

West Ham fans won't be happy about that:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/controversy-ref-mike-dean-killed-95

A concise summary from westhamonline:

bruuuno 2:18 Fri Feb 5
Re: Southampton request Mike Dean and Lee Mason do not officiate games

Mike dean is an absolute sh*tc*nt and deserves to never officiate again
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 20:17]

Referees on 21:26 - Feb 5 with 1100 viewshedgeend61

Referees on 19:13 - Feb 5 by saint22

A West Ham View on tommorows game.

Referee: Mike Dean

Quite simply the worst referee there has ever been. Allowed to get away with murder from an early point in his career to the extent that he is now fireproof. If EVER anyone has the brass neck to tell you what a good job PGMOL are doing just point them at this twit and ask why he continues to be in employment rather than in Wormwood Scrubs. His compliance in the penalty and sending off of Bednarek in the Man Utd game in midweek is just the latest in a series of rotten decisions which over a career that should have been curtailed many years ago must run into the hundreds. An honest person could never have given that decision after seeing it on VAR.

At the other end of the country, following yet another two-fingered salute to the game from Mike Dean, Southampton have requested that he not take control of any of their matches going forward. Now there's no obligation for the PGMOL mafia to accede to such a request, but wouldn't it be great if the other 19 clubs in the league followed suit thus sending a message that the likes of Dean won't be tolerated.
Login to get fewer ads

Referees on 23:49 - Feb 5 with 1047 viewssolent_toffee

Referees on 21:26 - Feb 5 by hedgeend61

Quite simply the worst referee there has ever been. Allowed to get away with murder from an early point in his career to the extent that he is now fireproof. If EVER anyone has the brass neck to tell you what a good job PGMOL are doing just point them at this twit and ask why he continues to be in employment rather than in Wormwood Scrubs. His compliance in the penalty and sending off of Bednarek in the Man Utd game in midweek is just the latest in a series of rotten decisions which over a career that should have been curtailed many years ago must run into the hundreds. An honest person could never have given that decision after seeing it on VAR.

At the other end of the country, following yet another two-fingered salute to the game from Mike Dean, Southampton have requested that he not take control of any of their matches going forward. Now there's no obligation for the PGMOL mafia to accede to such a request, but wouldn't it be great if the other 19 clubs in the league followed suit thus sending a message that the likes of Dean won't be tolerated.

I think VAR is showing him up for being a shocking ref. I think loads of them are heavily biased towards the top clubs but since VAR they’ve had more scrutiny and have been miles better. Mariner and Friend being an example of this.

Dean, Mason, Moss and I’d throw Taylor into this mix are just incompetent at their jobs.
Referees on 01:38 - Feb 6 with 1022 viewsBlue

Oliver is a disgrace of a referee.

He was so bad in last seasons match between liverpool and City at their place, that our lot made an official complaint against him. Didn't ref a City match again for a while.

He then reffed poorly at another klanfield game, liverpool complained and I believe he didn't have another of their matches for an extended period.

Referee for liverpool-City on Sunday?

Michael Oliver.

Still stood in the Kippax

Referees on 08:26 - Feb 6 with 966 viewssolent_toffee

Referees on 01:38 - Feb 6 by Blue

Oliver is a disgrace of a referee.

He was so bad in last seasons match between liverpool and City at their place, that our lot made an official complaint against him. Didn't ref a City match again for a while.

He then reffed poorly at another klanfield game, liverpool complained and I believe he didn't have another of their matches for an extended period.

Referee for liverpool-City on Sunday?

Michael Oliver.

It goes without saying that I hope City smash that lot on Sunday. It has to happen there sometime surely and without Virgil (may he rest in peace) now is as good a time as any.
Referees on 14:23 - Feb 6 with 906 viewsdarthvader

Referees on 08:26 - Feb 6 by solent_toffee

It goes without saying that I hope City smash that lot on Sunday. It has to happen there sometime surely and without Virgil (may he rest in peace) now is as good a time as any.

I have to say i fully concour with you're comment.. comon city

keep the faith coyr

Referees on 19:26 - Feb 6 with 875 viewsdirk_doone

Referees on 21:26 - Feb 5 by hedgeend61

Another controversial red card:

NEW
90+8 mins
RED CARD
Fulham 0-0 West Ham

Mike Dean comes over and shows West Ham midfielder Tomas Soucek a red card for an accidental elbow on Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Hmmmm.

Right at the end, we have a talking point.

Referees on 19:30 - Feb 6 with 860 views1885_SFC

Mike Dean up to his usual tricks once again at The Cottage - aided by Lee Mason. A red card in injury time that wasn't a red card. The hopeless Dean took forever to make up his mind once again... and again, still got it wrong. I'm sure West Ham will get that one overturned as well.

Time to send Dean off to the retired donkey sanctuary...

Old School is Cool

Referees on 19:33 - Feb 6 with 848 viewscynicalsaint

Referees on 19:30 - Feb 6 by 1885_SFC

Mike Dean up to his usual tricks once again at The Cottage - aided by Lee Mason. A red card in injury time that wasn't a red card. The hopeless Dean took forever to make up his mind once again... and again, still got it wrong. I'm sure West Ham will get that one overturned as well.

He's lost the plot. He should retire.
Referees on 19:12 - Feb 7 with 760 viewsBlue

Referees on 08:26 - Feb 6 by solent_toffee

I'm absolutely shocked, despite the very soft penalty he gave liverpool, Oliver actually did quite well.

Still stood in the Kippax

Referees on 21:08 - Feb 7 with 705 viewsRon11

Referees on 19:30 - Feb 6 by 1885_SFC

Dean is a complete cu nt.
Referees on 13:30 - Feb 8 with 627 views1885_SFC

Referees on 21:08 - Feb 7 by Ron11

Dean is a complete cu nt.

Hopefully, this is the last we'll see of him:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12212287/mike-dean-referee-asks-no

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024